Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Koollan View Post
    I... am not sure if you've been looking at Dragonflight's endgame. There's much, much more to do than both Shadowlands and BfA combined at their launch. I'm a little confused at your viewpoint.
    No there is not.

DF engame is closer to WoD.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Nobody's invested in making the game and in conjunction anyone's "life" worse. The devs genuinely believed everything they did was the correct path and were determined to progress their design goals even against consistently negative feedback in beta testing and even the live game. Their sin is arrogance, not malice. They TRULY don't (or maybe, didn't) believe their players had anything of value to contribute.

Now that WoW numbers are plummeting, FF14's are rising, and faced with multiple scandals and uncertainty with the MS acquisition, my hope is we're seeing cracks in that overbearing arrogance. It's happened before with EQ. The king falls off his throne and realizes "holy crap, we done goofed".

There's a lot of turnaround in Dragonflight, no borrowed power, lots of account-wide unlocks, etc, so I have some hope that won't repeat quite as badly this time around. Maybe that's just me being naive, but I won't shut the door in their face until I play it myself. They very clearly said regular flying would be available later in the expansion. If they break that promise, I'll quit forever. Won't fool me twice, after the WoD debacle.

Well, I guess thrice.
    Hey try it for yourself and judge but I am in beta and I can safely say that this is not going to make me rush out and play DF because of 'dragonriding". Dragonriding is a feature that is being copied from GW and frankly it is not an improvement compared to how Guild Wars does it.

So at this point people need to try out and judge for themselves. But the people downplaying the people in beta and that do not like DF need to realize that over hyping dragonriding may result in a backlasha ala BFA warfronts.

I enjoyed soaring around as a dracthyr, although it was pretty limited. That's similar to the baseline no-upgrades dragonflight, right? My feeling is it'll be fine, fun for awhile, and I'll be absolutely overjoyed when regular flying is allowed too. And if they go back on that promise and it isn't allowed, I'm outta here.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    It gets me to the fun part of the game faster.
    Actually no it doesn't. Dragonriding gets you there 3 times faster.

What is likely going to happen is they will just allow dragon riding everywhere after the expansion but never improve on it and make it slightly faster than the Dracthyr racial.

So I've got a problem people have yet to solve with dragon riding, and I doubt I'm the only one with it. I get terrible motion sickness while using it, and the faster I move, the worse/faster it happens.

What am I supposed to do? And I have tried all the anti-motion sickness stuff in the interface and so luck. Sure, I can use the flight points to get to one place from another, but that still means I'm missing out on a huge feature.

So no, I don't want legacy flying replaced with dragon riding. Add it side by the side, fine. But don't use it as a complete replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by AtomR View Post
    I unlocked everything and yes this problem becomes less prevalent but it can still happen. Also those damn dragon should just Flap. Their. Wings.

- - - Updated - - -

Because of dragon riding the new zones (especially the higher level ones) are massive. Not so much horizontally but vertically. They are very high. You will not want to use 310% speed flying instead of the new (and admittedly incredibly fun) 900% speed mounts.
    I played beta and hated dragon riding. The speed was not worth the trade offs for me. I absolutely would use normal flying if available. Actually I'm not playing at launch at all because the zones are so big that a ground mount just feels bad and dragon riding just isn't for me. If they add normal flying before the expac is almost over, I might return. If not, I'll pass on the entire expac. I thought I couldn't hate something more than forced ground mounts, but it seems dragon riding is even worse for me. I love normal flying and going back to live and normal flying felt so good. I didn't even care that it was slower it was so much less stressful and so relaxing.

Quote Originally Posted by rebecca191 View Post
    I played beta and hated dragon riding. The speed was not worth the trade offs for me. I absolutely would use normal flying if available. Actually I'm not playing at launch at all because the zones are so big that a ground mount just feels bad and dragon riding just isn't for me. If they add normal flying before the expac is almost over, I might return. If not, I'll pass on the entire expac. I thought I couldn't hate something more than forced ground mounts, but it seems dragon riding is even worse for me. I love normal flying and going back to live and normal flying felt so good. I didn't even care that it was slower it was so much less stressful and so relaxing.
    I played beta specifically and exclusively to try out dragon riding. I knew I would hate. And I did.
    Until I decided to collect all the glyphs and max out the "skill tree". After you do there is very little downtime between flights and hardly any effort to keep yourself afloat. Now I absolutely love it and even loved the initial effort of trying to get those glyphs when you could hardly stay afloat for 1 minute. It was incredibly fun and rewarding.

I do hope they add normal flying eventually because no one should be forced into a system they don't like if there is another available.

I knew I would play the expansion regardless. The transportation mode is not a deal breaker for me to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Enter Name Here View Post
    i would assume last patch in any case as it is a pretty convenient way to cripple any gathering bots (eg druids for herbalism)
    Flight restriction only pisses off real players, bots will simply exploit noclip at running speed through the world, as they always do when flight is restricted. They don't care if 100% or 310% speed as long as no human input is required.

Given that they never really elaborate on it, Dragonflying stays in Dragon Isles only as an expansion feature. It was fun in the first few weeks of beta, but regular flying from point A to point B without having to do all the nausea-inducing loops or be forced to land is a lot more flexible.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    So I've got a problem people have yet to solve with dragon riding, and I doubt I'm the only one with it. I get terrible motion sickness while using it, and the faster I move, the worse/faster it happens.

What am I supposed to do? And I have tried all the anti-motion sickness stuff in the interface and so luck. Sure, I can use the flight points to get to one place from another, but that still means I'm missing out on a huge feature.

So no, I don't want legacy flying replaced with dragon riding. Add it side by the side, fine. But don't use it as a complete replacement.
    At this point your best bet is to wait till normal flying is unlocked. But we all KNOW why they will not ever allow normal flying to compete with dragon riding....because players will vote with their actions and gravitate towards normal flying.

Flight whistle was also "faster" than normal flying but as soon as normal flying was available the usage of flight whistle went down. Ever wonder why flight whistle was not brought back for shadowlands????

Actions speaker louder than words.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    Given that they never really elaborate on it, Dragonflying stays in Dragon Isles only as an expansion feature. It was fun in the first few weeks of beta, but regular flying from point A to point B without having to do all the nausea-inducing loops or be forced to land is a lot more flexible.
    Yup.

People are not understanding that at some point people are going to grow tired of jump through the hoops just to reach a destination.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rebecca191 View Post
    The forcing of game play is going to be a big turn off to many players with DF. I can see it already.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    At this point your best bet is to wait till normal flying is unlocked. But we all KNOW why they will not ever allow normal flying to compete with dragon riding....because players will vote with their actions and gravitate towards normal flying.
    They said normal flying would be available int eh Dragon Isles.

Flight whistle was also "faster" than normal flying but as soon as normal flying was available the usage of flight whistle went down. Ever wonder why flight whistle was not brought back for shadowlands????
    Actions speaker louder than words.
    Yes, and it has nothing to do with the BS conspiracy theories you mention.

Each zone was completely separate from the others. Since they were small, there was no need for the whistle. Also, the flight whistle was not faster than normal flying. Normal flying had ZERO to do with no whistle. Ion explained all that prior to SL.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    Actually I would argue paying for a product that is being rushed isn't healthy IMO. DF is not ready for launch and most people will learn of this truth in a few days. So what I am going to do is like I did with BFA. Wait and see the carnage unfold and the lies unravel.

Honestly DF at endgame isn't much to do like WoD so....if they are pinning their hopes on dragonriding as keeping people's attention like WoD garrisons the current dev team are in for a rude awakening.
    I have been in beta and I can say you are wrong. YOu obviously haven't.

What am I supposed to do?
    If you're playing with a friend, they can activate two-person mode on their dragon and then you can automatically "follow" them as a little whelp. Your screen will still show all the maneuvers and such, but you can simply look away until your friend gets both of you to your destination. This obviously isn't acceptable to really play WoW at endgame as everybody needs to go solo at times, but it'll get you through the campaign.

Otherwise, yeah, unfortunately you would need to wait until they allow normal flying. You definitely can't avoid it until then.

I suggest posting this on the official forums if you still get nauseated at launch just to nail home that yeah, they need to keep their promise and allow normal flying too.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2022-11-27 at 01:46 PM.

I enjoyed soaring around as a dracthyr, although it was pretty limited. That's similar to the baseline no-upgrades dragonflight, right? My feeling is it'll be fine, fun for awhile, and I'll be absolutely overjoyed when regular flying is allowed too. And if they go back on that promise and it isn't allowed, I'm outta here.
    It is WEAKER then the baseline no upgrades dragonflight.
    if you had fun with soaring
    get ready fucker, you about to jump off the deepend
    even though i hate a lot of the absolute bellends here
    I am so excited for people to experience what I have been enjoying for almost half a year now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    They have elaborated on it many time, idk what you are talking about, they are going to see what people think of it, and if the community likes it, it becomes the new baseline.
    It is better to have a floodgate and open it later if people want it opened, then start with it opened and try to close it after.

- - - Updated - - -

If you're playing with a friend, they can activate two-person mode on their dragon and then you can automatically "follow" them as a little whelp. Your screen will still show all the maneuvers and such, but you can simply look away until your friend gets both of you to your destination. This obviously isn't acceptable to really play WoW at endgame as everybody needs to go solo at times, but it'll get you through the campaign.

Otherwise, yeah, unfortunately you would need to wait until they allow normal flying. You definitely can't avoid it until then.

I suggest posting this on the official forums if you still get nauseated at launch just to nail home that yeah, they need to keep their promise and allow normal flying too.
    Something to point out if you are in whelp form you do not folow the camera movements, your camera stays steady, so for those motion sick if you have a friend to fly you around then its good. and for those motion sick who dont, you can get around perfectly fine without doing all these super fancy maneuvers.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugani View Post
    No entirely. There is something called animation retargeting they could deploy that could transfer the animation from one skeleton to another.
    Yup yup they did this with Zandalari troll males actually being night elf male skeletons given unique animations

- - - Updated - - -

This is a legitimate concern worthy of a blue poster.

There are various things they could do for accessibility. For example, they could make vigor regenerate three times faster and deactivate thrill entirely, but cut your flight speed in half. It would still be about as fast as normal flight.

Thing is if they did that, everybody would flip that switch at the start, because flight reportedly sucks pretty bad before you level it up. Which admittedly everybody can (and should) do on day one anyway. And maybe they'd keep it on when fully leveled too, because that would completely eliminate waiting on vigor at all times no matter what. But hey, options are good, right?

As for everybody talking up dragon flying before the expansion releases, it's great that you guys are enjoying it, but we heard the same thing about Torghast in beta, remember? So yeah, waiting to see it myself.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2022-11-27 at 03:15 PM.

While I agree dragon riding is much more fun than the old anti gravity air swimming it's quite obvious and reasonable that Blizzard will wait to see how the wider reception of the feature will go as the expansion launches and any decision will be made at least several months after the feature has been in use.

I'd speculate that whatever world design is currently ongoing for the next expansion it is made with dragonriding in mind, but in the unlikely scenario that the feature flops they will either not rig the other mount models to it or may even disable it altogether.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

How will dragon riding make me clear mythic plus dungeons faster? How will dragon riding make me kill raid bosses? those the are the only two important questions with regards to WoW people need to stop pretending that this is not a lobby based game its a side activity at best like the MoP farm or your garrison.

Quote Originally Posted by jeezusisacasual View Post
    How will dragon riding make me clear mythic plus dungeons faster? How will dragon riding make me kill raid bosses? those the are the only two important questions with regards to WoW people need to stop pretending that this is not a lobby based game its a side activity at best like the MoP farm or your garrison.
    1- because you can get to m+ faster
    2- one of the m+ dungeons literally has dragon riding in it, so yes it will literally make you clear m+ dungeons faster...

I saw those talents but figured 10% was hilariously undertuned and worthless, like the stupid inscription contracts that give a whopping extra 10 rep per WQ Blizzard keeps inexplicably putting in every expansion. Anyway, good to hear it won't be an issue!
    You get to pick every single talent in the tree, its not a choice to make.

Yes I know, but that doesn't make all of them in any way impactful.