Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    By that same token, wouldn't you say, prior to DF, that a class based on all five dragonflights would need "at least three specs" as well?
    did anyone claim that it doesn't? heck i'd put it fit all 5 possible specs in wow: tank, healing, melee dps, ranged dps physical/magical (okay maybe ranged physical dps is a stretch)
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    did anyone claim that it doesn't? heck i'd put it fit all 5 possible specs in wow: tank, healing, melee dps, ranged dps physical/magical (okay maybe ranged physical dps is a stretch)
    That's my point, though. It doesn't matter what you or anyone else feels. If Blizzard made a class that, concept-wise, had the potential to have up to five different specs (one for each dragonflight) and only made two specs for it, saying that your preferred class idea "needs three specs" is a meaningless argument, dead on arrival.

Quote Originally Posted by Inoculate View Post
    Oh look, tinkererer squad cant even wait an expansion to start beating the drums of war.
    I mean, the necromancer/tinker new class stuff has been around since Vanilla. The other options from the old days either got added (Demon Hunter, Death Knight, Monk, Dragonsworn technically) or are Runemaster and can't really be added

Quote Originally Posted by Itori View Post
    One of these days blizzard is going to give these tinker fanboys what they want and then bitch about it because its not what they wanted.
    Funny thing is they could give the fanboys exactly what they wanted and still bitch about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's my point, though. It doesn't matter what you or anyone else feels. If Blizzard made a class that, concept-wise, had the potential to have up to five different specs (one for each dragonflight) and only made two specs for it, saying that your preferred class idea "needs three specs" is a meaningless argument, dead on arrival.
    i don't understand what u mean, but i believe we both agree that Dracthyr should had more specs, am i right?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    i don't understand what u mean, but i believe we both agree that Dracthyr should had more specs, am i right?
    Not really. I'm fine with what we got. It's a spellcasting class, so giving it a non-spellcasting spec such as melee or tank would've felt off.

I don't subscribe to this idea of "class must have X", regardless if 'X' means 'number of specs', 'NPCs', 'appeared in WC3', etc. All a class needs, in my opinion, is a fantasy-based concept. Other than that, everything goes.

Not really. I'm fine with what we got. It's a spellcasting class, so giving it a non-spellcasting spec such as melee or tank would've felt off.

I don't subscribe to this idea of "class must have X", regardless if 'X' means 'number of specs', 'NPCs', 'appeared in WC3', etc. All a class needs, in my opinion, is a fantasy-based concept. Other than that, everything goes.
    You also thought they couldn't use Black Dragon magic because they didn't have a spec dedicated to it. Your opinion may be a bit skewed from the expectations for what most people think of a class that uses all 5 Dragonflight powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    You also thought they couldn't use Black Dragon magic because they didn't have a spec dedicated to it.
    No. I said that none of the two specs revealed at the time were shown to have any black dragonflight aspect powers. Devastation: red and blue, and Preservation: green and bronze. There was no mention of the black dragonflight aspect powers at all during the reveal, remember?

Quote Originally Posted by Inoculate View Post
    Oh look, tinkererer squad cant even wait an expansion to start beating the drums of war.
    I'm seeing far more people complain about tinker fans than people encouraging tinker.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Playerbase accepts bare-minimum effort for Blizzard for years.

Playerbase when they receiving bare-minimum effort in the new expansion: SurprisedPickachu.gif

-

Anything short of 3 speccs is a disappointment.

A race, locked with a single class, with only two speccs is an insult.

No. I said that none of the two specs revealed at the time were shown to have any black dragonflight aspect powers. Devastation: red and blue, and Preservation: green and bronze. There was no mention of the black dragonflight aspect powers at all during the reveal, remember?
    Yeah, which ended up being untrue, remember? Black Dragon magic could be seen indicated in the very first trailer's spells, lol

They said they used all 5 dragon's magic, and you merely assumed Black was missing because they didn't specifically showcase Black Dragon specific spells. Your understanding of the Dracthyr ended up being twisted to 'if Blizzard didn't spotlight it then it doesn't exist' argument. So yeah, I'm not surprised if people are talking about more specs, you're okay with the two they have and think any alternatives would 'feel off'. You seemed fine with the Dracthyr concept assuming they didn't have Black Dragon magic too, right? That isn't what most people here would consider normal for a Dragon themed class based on the Dragonflights. That'd be what I'd call an 'unpopular opinion'.

I don't think your expectations really align or reflect the common expectations for a Dragon themed class we see here.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-11-27 at 04:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Isn’t a hero class or only has 2 specs.

While I like the Evoker, I feel that it’s limited leveling space and it’s lack of spec options really hurt it in terms of depth. Hopefully the next class will be a base class like Monks, and like Monks be a three spec class that performs all roles (tank/healing/DPS).
    Just stop.. we just got a new class. Wait a few expansions and then start speculating.

Yeah, which ended up being untrue, remember?
    *shrug* Doesn't matter. Because I simply expressed my opinion based on the information we had at the time.

Your opinion is quite unique.
    And what is the problem with that? I don't recall ever saying my opinion mirrors the majority here, or even a small group. I gave my opinion, so what's the problem with my opinion being unique in your eyes? Does that somehow invalidates my opinion because I'm not following the majority, in your view?

*shrug* Doesn't matter. Because I simply expressed my opinion based on the information we had at the time.
    Quite the contrary, which is what I'm pointing out

You base your opinion on information we had at the time, but only the information that confirms your biases of what you happen to be arguing at the time. Whether you believed they could use black dragon magic or not, your expressed opinions of the time were all doubling down on a mistake you couldn't admit making, and refused to acknowledge the fact that the devs literally say the Dracthyr can use the magic of all 5 Dragonflights. I mean you even argued that there must have been conflicting information, and threw out the 5 dragonflight magics explanation with no further consideration.

That is more like twisting the information at the time to fit your opinion.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-11-27 at 05:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Isn’t a hero class or only has 2 specs.

While I like the Evoker, I feel that it’s limited leveling space and it’s lack of spec options really hurt it in terms of depth. Hopefully the next class will be a base class like Monks, and like Monks be a three spec class that performs all roles (tank/healing/DPS).
    Already bored with your geckos? That didn't take long.....

<snip>
    Again, doesn't matter. At all. Because I'm not positing my opinion to be the standard of what people want or expect from a class or that I'm speaking in the name of a group of people. The other poster asked my personal opinion, and I gave my personal opinion.

You, on the other hand, for some reason decide to come here with attempts to poison the well that don't even work very well in the context of the discussion.

I'm trying to wrap my head around this exact statement I keep seeing in these type of threads; "Evoker should've came with a tank spec." And to that I ask: What's wrong with the current tanks we already got?

Quote Originally Posted by onesBronson View Post
    I'm trying to wrap my head around this exact statement I keep seeing in these type of threads; "Evoker should've came with a tank spec." And to that I ask: What's wrong with the current tanks we already got?
    Although there might be someone out there claiming we need "more tanks", what i see in the case of Evoker is this - a "dragon" character, with scales for skin, NOT having a tanking spec seems very strange. This is the argument i have seen many times, and it has nothing to do with needing more tanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Again, doesn't matter. At all. Because I'm not positing my opinion to be the standard of what people want or expect from a class or that I'm speaking in the name of a group of people. The other poster asked my personal opinion, and I gave my personal opinion.

You, on the other hand, for some reason decide to come here with attempts to poison the well that don't even work very well in the context of the discussion.
    I dunno, being dishonest about the facts and twisting them to fit an opinion already poisoned the well.

I personally want some Support Classes like from EverQuest, Bards and Enchanters. Or Time Mages, per say. Haste, Slows, whatever.

In EverQuest, the rogues there had side quests - Mask Collection. You can collect masks of every race and transform into them through wearing a mask.

Bards were able to reach the fastest speeds in EverQuest, through instruments and drums - running by at 200%+ speed.