1+ Year Old Account
    I understand the multiple perspectives on this issue (Dracthyr flying/Soar/etc.). On one hand, it would be cool to actually fly as a dragon (non-stop) in the "old world" instead of riding on a flying mount. Additionally, being able to Soar in the same way as Dragonriding (no CD, all abilities, vigor, etc.) would be awesome.

Now, flip-side (again, looking at multiple perspectives), if they did the above, anyone playing a Dracthyr would likely never use a Dragonriding mount making the system "useless" from the start since they can just "dragonride" as their player character. Personally, I would love to have full-access to the dragonriding system on my Dracthyr. However, I do understand the implications of doing so. Additionally, allowing Dracthyr to fly as the playable character versus riding a mount in "old world" content would also be very nice.

I don't see the argument of "Oh, Dracthyr players would never use the actual mounts" as even being remotely worth taking seriously.

The mounts don't matter. Sure, they have a few more animations and customization, but at the end of the day, the bulk of the development time went towards the actual system, which Dracthyr would still use.

I genuinely hope it's not the case but the more I think about it, the more I think the only reason that Soar isn't a replacement for the mounts is that Blizzard would rather just piss off one party (Evokers) rather than everyone else (mainly Druids and DHs).

I don't want full Dragonriding in the Old World. I don't want normal flying on the Dragon Riding. All I want Soar to be a replacement of the mounts instead of being a shitty version of it.

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    I mean I just think the drama is stupid because it is just a weird wedge issue that will cause inflaming and problems later down the line when reception is not as positive as it is right now and during the honeymoon phase.

Again, I think Drac'thyr was probably not meant to happen but then it did happen. It's such an unfinished race and its clear they didn't really have the time or manpower to execute on the concept.

They just don't like the concept of Dragonriding and Soar being the same and they are reinforcing that belief by being weird with its limitations to stop the idea of both being freed from their shackles.
    Last edited by Foreign Exchange Ztudent; 2022-11-27 at 09:38 PM.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

So when are we making that new general thread then? Would be nice to have it up before launch tomorrow so we have a clean transition.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    Why do I get the feeling they will nerf the heart of azmerloth on launch just to prevent people from getting FOMO if they did the quest earlier?^^
    Tbf heroic dungeon gear beats it but the stats help a ton until then

If they do change it they are cunts

I look at transmog and other cosmetic rep rewards from DF and yikes... that's a serious drop in quality from covenant ones in SL.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulggun View Post
    I look at transmog and other cosmetic rep rewards from DF and yikes... that's a serious drop in quality from covenant ones in SL.
    Well covenants were the main feature and focal point of SL. Now renown is back to just being reputation. Also with class-sets making a comeback, there areless resources tomake transmog gear.

That is because the covenant armor took the place of the effort that would have gone into tier sets. Which if you call Nathria had no tier sets. You can't compare the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    But if they read the terrain like I do instead of going off of personal desires then they'd understand and wouldn't get their jimmies rustled. Again, I have no intention of maining a tinker, I just know with 100% certainty that they're wow's next playable class. It's so God damn obvious all things considered.

If that triggers people then oh well.

Yeah, too bad set items from DF does not compare either.

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    That is because the covenant armor took the place of the effort that would have gone into tier sets. Which if you call Nathria had no tier sets. You can't compare the two.
    It did have 4 high quality sets.
    And I remember expansions when we got tier sets AND pvp tier sets with separate appearances . . .

Lmao sure buddy

7+ Year Old Account
    For me it easily beats SL.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    It did have 4 high quality sets.
    And I remember expansions when we got tier sets AND pvp tier sets with separate appearances . . .
    This was also before sets started having 3D elements. It's easy to forget that MoP was that first expansion to even have intricate belt buckles.

It's a shame that we don't get more variety, but i would think that the overall quality of each set balances that out.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    This was also before sets started having 3D elements. It's easy to forget that MoP was that first expansion to even have intricate belt buckles.

It's a shame that we don't get more variety, but i would think that the overall quality of each set balances that out.
    And MoP had separate sets for PvP and PvE. AND MoP had the Dungeon Challenge Mode sets on release. Also yes the complexity of armors increases but so should the tools the designers have available to make them. And they have supposedly kept hiring more and more people.

7+ Year Old Account
    And MoP had separate sets for PvP and PvE. AND MoP had the Dungeon Challenge Mode sets on release. Also yes the complexity of armors increases but so should the tools the designers have available to make them. And they have supposedly kept hiring more and more people.
    Ummm do you know how armor designing process works? Because we are now entering guesswork territory. Also, to which department hired peeps went, exactly?
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Ummm do you know how armor designing process works? Because we are now entering guesswork territory. Also, to which department hired peeps went, exactly?
    Do I care? The product had a certain standard and that standard has fallen behind. It is not controversial to point it out. They can do better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    Lmao sure buddy
    Honestly I miss armor sets that were focused on class fantasy like older tier or like Legion. Tier sets were they are trying to marry raid aesthetics with classes result in armor with less clear identity. Just like with Sepulcher tier, I would need to think a bit in order to figure out which armor belongs to which class for Vault.

7+ Year Old Account
    Do I care? The product had a certain standard and that standard has fallen behind. It is not controversial to point it out. They can do better.
    I mean, you kinda should care if you throw out arguments you aren't even sure are valid. You are basically saying "do this and that and IDGAF how".

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Isn't it? I thought Dracthyr can use it anywhere they want.
    I think fundamentally my point is dracthyr look daft on mounts and really should have a way to never need use them, it's hardly a big deal imo

Quote Originally Posted by Baraden View Post
    I think fundamentally my point is dracthyr look daft on mounts and really should have a way to never need use them, it's hardly a big deal imo
    They really do look weird on mounts. I think originally they were supposed to switch to visage form.

They really do look weird on mounts. I think originally they were supposed to switch to visage form.
    Which would be my solution if I ever play one

But why play a dragon race if you can't fly around like other dragons? Just feels shortsighted to me