Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    That's flatly not a consideration. Medical insurance doesn't care if it's because of a "mistake", especially in any country outside the USA.
    If the abortion is not for medical reason or rapes or something, then it does have an impact on other people. It is clearly not 100% choice of a women any more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro-lifer View Post
    If the abortion is not for medical reason or rapes or something, then it does have an impact on other people. It is clearly not 100% choice of a women any more.
    False. Why would I entertain baseless nonsense as an argument? There's no medical impact on others, and their emotional concerns do not matter one whit.

They haven't proven shit. Canada has no restrictions other than medical ethical codes, and we've had basically no issues. You're pushing disinfo.
    I am not pushing disinfo. Some countries do have cultural issues that need ban abortion. I do not know the situation in Canada.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex-selective_abortion

As Wikipedia and many other documents shown in the Wikipedia, the phenomenon of sex-selection or even race-selection happens in Canada too.

15+ Year Old Account
    Again, I feel like China would be way better off addressing the cultural norms that led to this. As I'm aware of it, the onus of taking care of the elderly is not on the government but weighs heavily on male children. You're basically expected to be the bread winner for you, your spouse, your children, your parents, and in many cases your spouse's parents if they never had a son.

I imagine men in China would be far more appreciative of relief of that onus than just saying abortion is outright banned.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

False. Why would I entertain baseless nonsense as an argument? There's no medical impact on others, and their emotional concerns do not matter one white.
    Yes it does. That means insurance money that can be used for saving person ends up wasted for abortion because of some people's mistakes. That does have an impact on other people. As Chinese government pointed out, abortion has largely wasted tons of resources and money of insurance.

7+ Year Old Account
    This bad thing that has no bearing on the conversation is an important reason to not have abortion says obvious troll account.

Someone is making a killing on clown shoes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    Again, I feel like China would be way better off addressing the cultural norms that led to this. As I'm aware of it, the onus of taking care of the elderly is not on the government but weighs heavily on male children. You're basically expected to be the bread winner for you, your spouse, your children, your parents, and in many cases your spouse's parents if they never had a son.

I imagine men in China would be far more appreciative of relief of that onus than just saying abortion is outright banned.
    The problem is that without a banning on abortion, how would you fix it finally? You cannot easily change the cultural. The only thing you could do is pushing a hard line.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am not pushing disinfo. Some countries do have cultural issues that need ban abortion. I do not know the situation in Canada.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sex-selective_abortion

As Wikipedia and many other documents shown in the Wikipedia, the phenomenon of sex-selection or even race-selection happens in Canada too.
    It's not grounds to ban abortion. That's what makes it disinfo. China might have a problem, it doesn't exist in any significant measure in Canada, and it isn't an argument against abortion rights.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes it does. That means insurance money that can be used for saving person ends up wasted for abortion because of some people's mistakes. That does have an impact on other people. As Chinese government pointed out, abortion has largely wasted tons of resources and money of insurance.
    That's what insurance is for. It's not an error that needs fixing.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    This bad thing that has no bearing on the conversation is an important reason to not have abortion says obvious troll account.

Someone is making a killing on clown shoes.
    I would like to hear opinions of people like you who believe abortion is just 100% of women's choice that is something I disagree fundamentally. I am a pro-lifer mainly because of I do not see how you fix the issue of sex-selective abortion when you do not ban abortion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Someone else’s mistake.

There it is. Naked and unmasked.

- - - Updated - - -

I would like to hear opinions of people like you who believe abortion is just 100% of women's choice that is something I disagree fundamentally. I am a pro-lifer mainly because of I do not see how you fix the issue of sex-selective abortion when you do not ban abortion.
    Didn’t ask.
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not a problem that needs fixing. It's an issue you're trying to use as a wedge to attack women's basic human rights.

It's not grounds to ban abortion. That's what makes it disinfo. China might have a problem, it doesn't exist in any significant measure in Canada, and it isn't an argument against abortion rights.
    So banning abortion can have a reason rather than religious reason right? Like preventing sex-selection.

That's what insurance is for. It's not an error that needs fixing.
    Insurance is not for paying for someone's mistakes either. There will always be situations in the insurance which they do not cover. Many insurance never covers earthquakes or some nature disasters.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not a problem that needs fixing. It's an issue you're trying to use as a wedge to attack women's basic human rights.
    Then you believe women has a basic human right to selective abort his babies based on race, sex or other discriminations?

15+ Year Old Account
    The problem is that without a banning on abortion, how would you fix it finally? You cannot easily change the cultural. The only thing you could do is pushing a hard line.
    Banning abortion outright is also pushing at a hard line. All be it a hard line that's easier to push because men are all too ready and willing to give up women's bodily autonomy because it doesn't affect them.

Give elderly people an income to live off of and health care. Again, I imagine males in China would be far more appreciative to have that burden off their shoulders than simply giving up someone else's rights.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    So banning abortion can have a reason rather than religious reason right? Like preventing sex-selection.
    It's not a reason to ban abortion in the first place, so you're not making a valid argument.

Insurance is not for paying for someone's mistakes either. There will always be situations in the insurance which they do not cover. Many insurance never covers earthquakes or some nature disasters.
    I get that you really want to force women through unwanted pregnancies, but your personal fetishes aren't arguments. An unintended pregnancy would give no argument against abortion coverage.

- - - Updated - - -

Then you believe women has a basic human right to selective abort his babies based on race, sex or other discriminations?
    If you're going to ignore medical ethics, then if the choice is between "ban abortions" or"allow sex-selective abortions", there's only one reasonable answer, and it's to support abortion rights. The issue with sex-selective abortions are that the motive is aesthetic, not medical. That's it. The patient still wants to be pregnant and have a child.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    Banning abortion outright is also pushing at a hard line. All be it a hard line that's easier to push because men are all too ready and willing to give up women's bodily autonomy because it doesn't affect them.
    I do not believe anything you do on this planet has no impact other people. If you do believe things like women's body automany, then why would united states ban sex-dolls for men? In fact most women in the west hold double standard on opposite gender too (when it does not affect them lol).

Give elderly people an income to live off of and health care. Again, I imagine males in China would be far more appreciative to have that burden off their shoulders than simply giving up someone else's rights.
    There is no solution besides a total ban on abortion. China did push out interfering any non-medical abortion in Feburary this year, that is even before Roe Vs Wade overtuned. Surprise? Both China and US did the same thing in the same year.

- - - Updated - - -

If you're going to ignore medical ethics, then if the choice is between "ban abortions" or"allow sex-selective abortions", there's only one reasonable answer, and it's to support abortion rights. The issue with sex-selective abortions are that the motive is aesthetic, not medical. That's it. The patient still wants to be pregnant and have a child.
    There are many women in the united states who abort their child for aesthetic reasons, like want to change body shapes etc.

The problem is that abortion is clearly overused in the world.

7+ Year Old Account
    Mask continues to slip.

15+ Year Old Account
    I do not believe anything you do on this planet has no impact other people. If you do believe things like women's body automany, then why would united states ban sex-dolls for men? In fact most women in the west hold double standard on opposite gender too (when it does not affect them lol).
    Wot. This has nothing to do with the topic.

There is no solution besides a total ban on abortion. China did push out interfering any non-medical abortion in Feburary this year, that is even before Roe Vs Wade overtuned. Surprise? Both China and US did the same thing in the same year.
    There are plenty of solutions. You're just being narrow minded.

Let me put it another way. Sex selective abortions are a SYMPTOM. The onus of family support and care is the PROBLEM. That onus of being the bread winner has caused numerous other problems besides sex selective abortion. It is a major contributor to male suicide in China as well. It was also why the one child policy failed miserably. Get rid of that onus, and a lot more men will be far happier. It will solve numerous problems that banning abortion doesn't do shit for.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are many women who abort their child for aesthetic reasons, like want to change body shapes etc.
    Only when it comes to deformities​, which brings us back to medical. You're lying and you know it.

Only when it comes to deformities​, which bringbrings us back to medical. You're lying and you know it.
    medical. then tell me how abort child by making mistakes of sleeping with chads is a "medical" one?

What lying? I am not at all. Just people like you who believe women have 100% of autonomy over her body are when clearly that can never be really true.

10+ Year Old Account
    The problem is that abortion is clearly overused in the world.
    Nah. Especially not in a global sense, since many countries restrict women's human rights in this.

- - - Updated - - -

medical. then tell me how abort child by making mistakes of sleeping with chads is a "medical" one?
    An unwanted pregnancy is a medical concern.

Kudos on exposing your misogyny this clearly, though.