Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Exchange Ztudent View Post
    I don't believe that the 100 Team is really that important in the first place based on what its staff consisted of. This whole thing was just super overblown because Dragonflight is an empty base product and they needed to hint that there would be more content in later patches even though they know that is false. It was an obvious marketing PR stunt to change the narrative about the lack of content that was present at the time and to move the needle beyond launch.

Again, I just don't see the 100 staff members doing much of anything. They may have been foundationally meant to create a Blizzard East but that fell through with the deal failing and so they may be closed down later on.

I do not think they are relevant to Patch Content even if Blizzard tells you something. They have every reason to lie to consumers and that is very important to keep in mind.

Again, no one knows the production schedules and where they are at. Its' all guesswork that suits ones fancy, essentially.
    What the fuck are you talking about here, none of this is at all based in reality or makes any sense...
    "100 devs not important based on what they consisted of, i dont see them doing much of anything"

they are working on patch content, we know that, they have stated it as such, they do not get developers working on expansions this early, you do not at all know what you are talking about.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Bloodsail Admiral Foreign Exchange Ztudent's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    What the fuck are you talking about here, none of this is at all based in reality or makes any sense...
    "100 devs not important based on what they consisted of, i dont see them doing much of anything"

they are working on patch content, we know that, they have stated it as such, they do not get developers working on expansions this early, you do not at all know what you are talking about.
    I mean you believe what they say, I don't believe what they say. You also assume that you are right in your estimations of where they are in the execution of the next expansion. Again, I don't believe the staff of Proletariat is doing anything related to 10.0 and I will say I am even sceptical of them being involved with 11.0.

Training for World of Warcraft development takes time and I just don't think they are ready for development until late 10.0 at the earliest or 11.0 at the latest.
    Last edited by Foreign Exchange Ztudent; 2022-11-28 at 01:31 AM.
    I no longer reply to quotations beyond if you're asking a genuine question or have a non-confrontational stance.

Nihil.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah he totally scripted the interview with people who don't even work at blizzard anymore, nevermind the fact they literally showed recordings of it all on stream, if you really think they memeorized entire interviews you must think highly of them.

"Preach is just chasing a paycheck"
    if he was, he would not be playing wow, he does far better as a variety streamer.

"His content is void of passion" I don't even watch him anymore I don't have the time, but come the fuck on this is hilariously false.
    Not like those people wern't aware they were going to be interviewed and do you really think they were allowed to just speak freely? I highly doubt it. Obviously what I meant by scripted is "this is what you're allowed to ask" just like always but made to look more casual so it sells.

As for being a variety streamer, I'm saying WoW is going to make him a lot of money now and he'll drop it again when that goes down (after the negativity videos ofc).

And yes his content is void of passion imo, he treats games like a job and it shows.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I think they more so want it to offer more than raids, mythic dungeons and killing "rare" mobs daily in Korthia for a 0.1% drop chance recolor mount.

Offer more than that, and also not make that system immediately a vital and pivotal progression path that forces your participation unless you want to fall behind on the game as a whole.
    It won't ever have that... it would be an entirely different genre if it did.

WoW is just gonna keep being wow. There is classic for people who want random world greens to be bis

Haha no, I played shadowlands from alpha, and I spoke well of its faults and its benefits, hell shadowlands had some decent framework, but it was some last minute changes, the refusal to pull the ripcord for so long, and the slow patch cycle that killed it.

this is the thing, shadowlands, bfa, they had these warning signs throughout the alpha and beta, things we knew would be trouble, problems, and make the game bad if they were not adressed.

Dragonflight? Nothing, everything has been tip top, nothing is just an awful choice, of course some people may not like this or that, but there is no azerite gear refarming or having to spam islands, unfun warfronts required.

there is no chorghast, there is no locked in covenants.
    Well, of course I look forward to seeing how things change (or not) by the time the next expansion rolls around.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Well, of course I look forward to seeing how things change (or not) by the time the next expansion rolls around.
    We might get another bag slot and another kind of bag with 2 more slots than the current max.

I hope 11.0 has as ground breaking a feature as Dragonflight.

I mean, they may exist but the idea that they are for increased content production is ludicruous. It's too late for them to be integrated into the Dragonflight product. Those resources are more likely to be a 11.0 thing and they were just marketed as a 10.0 addition when that is not the case beyond the PR of Blizzard Entertainment.
    Oh, well that's almost certainly true at least for 10.0. Wouldn't be surprised if they are helping work on 11 or one of the later DF patches.
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore

Blizz may have said it ,but the players said the opposite.
    Dragonflight blizzard is saying it.
    So are the players.
    If you spent 30 seconds on the fucking beta you would say the exact same
    and in just over 24 hours you also will.

"the expac isnt out yet, so we will see if its more alt friendly or not."
    We have already seen, yes, it is VERY alt friendly.

The fact you can log on second 1, spend an hour to unlock dragon riding, then fly around all the zones and collect all the dragon glyphs, max out your dragon riding talent tree then go "you know what, i wanna actually play another class"

You swap to another charecter, log in, arrive to the dragon isles, and second one? Take off on your dragon riding mount with maxxed out dragon riding talent tree.

- - - Updated - - -

And yet they have finally delivered.
    Well, we'll see.
    I hope you're right that DF has delivered, because SL certainly didn't.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post
    Not like those people wern't aware they were going to be interviewed and do you really think they were allowed to just speak freely? I highly doubt it. Obviously what I meant by scripted is "this is what you're allowed to ask" just like always but made to look more casual so it sells.

As for being a variety streamer, I'm saying WoW is going to make him a lot of money now and he'll drop it again when that goes down (after the negativity videos ofc).

And yes his content is void of passion imo, he treats games like a job and it shows.
    Yes, that is literally what preach asked for, and blizzard said yes, they literally said they just spoke for like an entire hour for free, just talking about whatever, a natural conversation instead of "this this this this this ok lets hurry and oh pr team"

I mean if you wanna call preach and his team scam artists and liars go ahead, but we have no reason to distrust him or his team.

Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    You might not enjoy their "small steps" approach (but in the light of the very video that's supposedly being commented here it makes sense that they didn't go full-friendly in SL just yet), but in SL you could: skip most of the questlines for unlocking stuff; buy items for Renown catchup and Conduit catchup (plus they've introduced plenty of Renown catchups rather early on); buy easy catchup gear in later patches. The most grindy thing were the Legendaries, granted - but we don't have to do anything like that in DF, and even more things are BoA (like Renown rewards). So yeah, just because you think they didn't do enough immediatelly doesn't mean that they were not making things easier for alts - only they did it gradually instead of doing everything at once.
    The promises are much older than that, i remember them being made at least as far back as cataclysm.
    But that aside one of the main problems this expansion was ilvl determining far too much.
    Not an alt issue per se, but much worse for alts nonetheless.
    Add to that stuff like conduits, messy stacked systems, timegated stuff and more - much of the issues that plagued SL in general just worked out yet worse for alts.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

7+ Year Old Account
    I mean you believe what they say, I don't believe what they say. You also assume that you are right in your estimations of where they are in the execution of the next expansion. Again, I don't believe the staff of Proletariat is doing anything related to 10.0 and I will say I am even sceptical of them being involved with 11.0.

Training for World of Warcraft development takes time and I just don't think they are ready for development until late 10.0 at the earliest or 11.0 at the latest.
    So you think the expansion is entirely done development, and the team is all working on 11.0
    you know nothing about game development, 10.1 is the major focus of development right now, with some work being done on the next few patches, while the leads focus on making ideas on the major features of 11.0

i mean literally watch the fucking video this thread is about and you will see.

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    The promises are much older than that, i remember them being made at least as far back as cataclysm.
    But that aside one of the main problems this expansion was ilvl determining far too much.
    Not an alt issue per se, but much worse for alts nonetheless.
    Add to that stuff like conduits, messy stacked systems, timegated stuff and more - much of the issues that plagued SL in general just worked out yet worse for alts.
    These takes always confuse me. I've always been a multiclasser so I play a bunch of alts. IMO, SL has, hands down, been the most alt friendly expansion they've ever made.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2022-11-28 at 07:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    These takes always confuse me. I've always been a multiclasser so I play a bunch of alts. SL has, hands down, been the most alt friendly expansion they've ever made.
    Recently I agree. Mop was better early on and wod was better in general. Though sl grinding was really a ce/glad player thing.

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    Well, we'll see.
    I hope you're right that DF has delivered, because SL certainly didn't.
    Yeah, SL was a disappointment.

These takes always confuse me. I've always been a multiclasser so I play a bunch of alts. SL has, hands down, been the most alt friendly expansion they've ever made.
    I love that even Ion Hazzikostas in the video admits that Shadowlands had an alt friendliness problem and you're still here insisting otherwise.

The literal game director is saying you're incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlette View Post
    I love that even Ion Hazzikostas in the video admits that Shadowlands had an alt friendliness problem and you're still here insisting otherwise.

The literal game director is saying you're incorrect.
    I can only speak from my own experience but I had no issues maintaining multiple alts this expansion where I had serious issues due to the way systems worked in previous expansions. With SL's many woes, I never thought of alt-friendliness as one of its problems. YMMV, of course, but I wasn't trying to present an experience that was anything other than my own.

These takes always confuse me. I've always been a multiclasser so I play a bunch of alts. IMO, SL has, hands down, been the most alt friendly expansion they've ever made.
    Have you been playing since Legion or what? Because, in case you didn't notice, until 9.2 SL was dogshit alt-wise, S3 was not great either because it still were ton of chores to do, S4 was where I could call it alt friendly and S4 was few months. WoD, MoP, Cata, WotLK were all much better alt wise.

Your replies remind me this guy from MMO-C who used to post here, Shadow...something, he too had anime avatar and was talking some nonsense all the time, alt account?

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bring in the original team, then we could have a proper new era.

The current woke hippy happy era is just not good enough (for the game, I am only talking about the game).

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SomalianWarlord View Post
    Preach was always pathetic, but this takes the cake.

Guess he finally realized no one gives a fuck about FF14 and it doesnt pay the bills, so now he's begging blizzard and crawling back to wow.

Funny for the first time since WOW launched in 2004, it was surpassed in daily players in 2022 by non other than....

FF14.

WOW averaged 1.2 million daily players
    FF14 averaged 3 million

I can only speak from my own experience but I had no issues maintaining multiple alts this expansion where I had serious issues due to the way systems worked in previous expansions. With SL's many woes, I never thought of alt-friendliness as one of its problems. YMMV, of course, but I wasn't trying to present an experience that was anything other than my own.
    was your experience at launch or after 9.1?