Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I likef the inteview. It was interesting.

But Blizzard is still working their "modular way", but without borrowed systems or iteration of previous features. It seems they want to add features without any impact on power, like dragonride. Basically, wow became gw2?

Iam cautious about DF.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Locruid View Post
    Funny for the first time since WOW launched in 2004, it was surpassed in daily players in 2022 by non other than....

FF14.

WOW averaged 1.2 million daily players
    FF14 averaged 3 million
    Where did you get your 1.2 million daily players of wow, and 3 million players of ff14? got links?
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by SomalianWarlord View Post
    Preach was always pathetic, but this takes the cake.

Guess he finally realized no one gives a fuck about FF14 and it doesnt pay the bills, so now he's begging blizzard and crawling back to wow.

Imagine PAYING to visit and interview blizzard employees.

Maybe you shouldnt have burned all your bridges in a seething rage over being benched for mythic raids because you're a trash old man that cant keep up and they couldnt carry his dead weight anymore, but pretends he's some supah leet god skill player, hmmm?

It was funny watching him bootlick for shit in FF14 that he derided in WoW. All that whining about RP and "cesspool" guilds only to then become a cringe RP streamer in a cesspool guild, constantly shilling every barebones patch note.
    I dont think he payed anything to Blizzard.

When he talks about him paying it himself, i take it as he payed for travel and hotel to stay at for himself and he's crew.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    These takes always confuse me. I've always been a multiclasser so I play a bunch of alts. IMO, SL has, hands down, been the most alt friendly expansion they've ever made.
    Ye, not really. There have never been more mandatory grinds in any expansion. Torghast, legendaries, conduits, renown, the insane honor grind. Alt friendly expansion my ass.

1+ Year Old Account
    Ionidas is a big liar! He will kill Wow...

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdkartoffl View Post
    Being a sportsfan is a good indicator of low IQ.
    So dont try to be a smartass and do something useful with your time.
    Is there a study on this or anything? Generalising without backing it up is certainly is a good indicator of low IQ as it fails to recognize significant flaws of you know... generalising something. Not a fan of any sport in particular, but I can certainly appreciate skill and sheer power in the tournaments/championships even if I am not familiar with teams/individual players or athletes.

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    Is there a study on this or anything? Generalising without backing it up is certainly is a good indicator of low IQ as it fails to recognize significant flaws of you know... generalising something. Not a fan of any sport in particular, but I can certainly appreciate skill and sheer power in the tournaments/championships even if I am not familiar with teams/individual players or athletes.
    No, it's bullshit and says more about him than anyone else. Bohr loved football, Hubble played & enjoyed basketball, Enrico Fermi was a tennis player, Turing was a competitive runner and he also enjoyed good sporting event with a beer in his hand. The list goes on.
    Last edited by Rageonit; 2022-11-28 at 10:42 AM.

2021: Buhoooh I gonna quit wow! This time for sure!!!
    2022: Look I'm in the Blizzard HQ Look all the money Bobby gave me!

WoW with Dragonflight has a great chance to re-capture most of mmo-audience.

Among those 12mil players that WoW had at its peak most of them did not really played MMOs beforehand or after afterwards, hence there are not around to re-capture them, but there are many people who still like MMOs and play this gerne even if it is not as sexy as it used to be.

The past 3-4 years that WoW did not capture our attention we pretty much tried all other MMOs of the market and the fact that we are still here means that those other games did not manage to catch our attention either.

Most of the people that are returning in Dragonflight now know the market and are well informed customers of what the opposition has to offer, therefore if dragonflight is good all other MMOs will now have really hard time to re-capture WoW refugees.

I even saw Lazypeon re-subbing for Dragonflgiht which amazed me, probably the only streamer/youtuber that i half-relate to.

Quote Originally Posted by ek0zu View Post
    WoW with Dragonflight has a great chance to re-capture most of mmo-audience.

Among those 12mil players that WoW had at its peak most of them did not really played MMOs beforehand or after afterwards, hence there are not around to re-capture them, but there are many people who still like MMOs and play this gerne even if it is not as sexy as it used to be.

The past 3-4 years that WoW did not capture our attention we pretty much tried all other MMOs of the market and the fact that we are still here means that those other games did not manage to catch our attention either.

Most of the people that are returning in Dragonflight now know the market and are well informed customers of what the opposition has to offer, therefore if dragonflight is good all other MMOs will now have really hard time to re-capture WoW refugees.

I even saw Lazypeon re-subbing for Dragonflgiht which amazed me, probably the only streamer/youtuber that i half-relate to.
    People always show back up for a new expansion, play for maybe a month, then drop it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    No, it's bullshit and says more about him than anyone else. Bohr loved football, Hubble played & enjoyed basketball, Enrico Fermi was a tennis player, Turing was a competitive runner and he also enjoyed good sporting event with a beer in his hand. The list goes on.
    There is a difference between doing sports and watching sports. All those people you listed, was doing sports not watching it on TV or radio.

The thing he said was watching sports is a low IQ thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Vsix View Post
    There is a differance between doing sports and watching sports. All those people you listed, was doing sports not watching it on TV or radio.
    The thing he said was watching sports is a low IQ thing.
    Please do link the proofs they didn't also cheer for other sportsmen, because in many cases it's know otherwise.

Not a fan of the hypocrisy of Preach coming back to WoW after announcing he was done; but I admittedly thought this was a marketing piece on Blizzard's part. Learning he paid for everything himself does offer a level of sincerity to this piece. It's clear that there are still benefits for Blizzard allowing him this level of access ("We've changed!") but more than anything I'm just glad this happened.
    He was just jumping the bandwagon like everyone else. It was popular at the time to hate Blizz. Now the narrative has changed and everyones back on board. They don't actually care about the horrible things that happened.

He going to do whatever he thinks will be best for buisness, like 99.9% of the population.

Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    Please do link the proofs they didn't also cheer for other sportsmen, because in many cases it's know otherwise.
    Also think of the time, when these great minds were alive. It was before the live TV and stuff like that.

There is a difference between going to it your self, and watching it on TV

Quote Originally Posted by Vsix View Post
    Also think of the time, when these great minds were alive. It was before the live TV and stuff like that.
    There is a difference between going to it your self, and watching it on TV
    It's no different with modern scientists, many of them do enjoy sport (both watching and participating). The guy's full of bullshit, simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by VoidSeeker199X View Post
    2021: Buhoooh I gonna quit wow! This time for sure!!!
    2022: Look I'm in the Blizzard HQ Look all the money Bobby gave me!
    Welcome to the capitalist world where companies do what makes the most money.
    And Preach is not a person, he is a company, just like any other streamer.
    Last edited by T-34; 2022-11-28 at 11:48 AM. Reason: spelling

LOL I am not a company and I have many times been in a situation where I thought "I'll never play this game again" sometimes mad other times disappointed and I always come back. And I LOVE IT! I love this game; I have dedicated thousands of hours on it, and I want to see it get better and I want to see the story they want to tell. And I am so exited I don't have to learn any other systems this expansion besides my own class. So, I certainly believe Preach is genuinely interested in wow and yeah, he probably stands to earn a lot of money from it, and the only thing I hate about that is that I can't find a way to earn money while playing my favourite MMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlette View Post
    I forgot I need to include every feature in every comment I make or dishonest actors like yourself will pretend I'm unaware of them.

Also shoutout to the jizzing over features many other MMOs already have.
    You really got to him with that one

His point about "Modular Design" don't really work I think. For instance Warfronts.

Warfronts is something that someone has an idea about and it sounds really cool but they don't have anyone talented enough to give it a cohesive and good end result. So it's just a bunch of "something like this maybe? yeah let's try that" ideas mushed together to make this Warfronts system.
    And it fails.
    It's not modular design.
    I think it's good that they try to make something crazy and new, but I don't think this modular design rant work on somthing like Warfronts. If the system turned out really cool and fun, they would continue doing it. I don't believe it was "modular design intended to be left behind".

The biggest takeaway for me was that Ion said solo players that don't do high level PvP/Raiding/M+ will not be so far behind in ilvl anymore. That's good, the distance has been a joke for many expansions.
    Last edited by MiiiMiii; 2022-11-28 at 12:19 PM.

These takes always confuse me. I've always been a multiclasser so I play a bunch of alts. IMO, SL has, hands down, been the most alt friendly expansion they've ever made.
    by their own admission wod was the most alt friendly expac ever made... and they dont intend to do that ever again lol