Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    I dunno, being dishonest about the facts and twisting them to fit an opinion already poisoned the well.
    Nope. You're just poisoning the well. You've already dripped your venom into the water, so you're free to move along now.

i hope they do not have so many classes ending up like maplestory. Too many classes are just confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolface330 View Post
    I personally want some Support Classes like from EverQuest, Bards and Enchanters. Or Time Mages, per say. Haste, Slows, whatever.

In EverQuest, the rogues there had side quests - Mask Collection. You can collect masks of every race and transform into them through wearing a mask.

Bards were able to reach the fastest speeds in EverQuest, through instruments and drums - running by at 200%+ speed.
    We just got Time mages, and yes to Bard forever

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Nope. You're just poisoning the well. You've already dripped your venom into the water, so you're free to move along now.
    I don't know how pointing out how you twisted the facts to argue that the Dracthyr couldn't use Black Dragon magic is poisoning the well. Getting the facts straight is venom now?
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-11-28 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Isn’t a hero class or only has 2 specs.

While I like the Evoker, I feel that it’s limited leveling space and it’s lack of spec options really hurt it in terms of depth. Hopefully the next class will be a base class like Monks, and like Monks be a three spec class that performs all roles (tank/healing/DPS).
    Sounds like it's time to start guaranteeing that it's gonna be Tinker again.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    yes to Bard forever
    Just what we need: another lame theme class that people don't play because there is nothing cool about it. Just throw it right next to Monks.

if the next class isnt a tinker >

Quote Originally Posted by Pinksocking View Post
    if the next class isnt a tinker >
    Only if they get a special bardmode where they improvise a mechanised drumset to produce some sick beats.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Mecheon View Post
    Dragonsworn have been one of the highest requested classes for yonks. Only Necromancer and Tinker got more push behind 'em. And, well, Evokers are just Dragonsworn when you get down to it

Bards don't really have much of a Warcraft push as much as I kind of love my own self-imposed idea of them being a clothie who could wield a 2 hander axe (because of course a bard is going to use an axe)
    Evokers are... not what most people were imagining when they thought 'Dragonsworn', I feel. Perhaps this is just what I've seen, or my bias, but typically they were imagining it as either a race, one that's kind of based off of all the races in the game with some minor additions, or it's a class where every flight gets a spec. This weird "fuse some of the flights together as a mage-soldier" concept is just bizarre. It wouldn't be so bad if you could actually play other classes as a Dracthyr, but limiting them to Evoker only feels so bad. I'm pretty sure one of the biggest complaints about Demon Hunters was that you could only play them on two races, and they went and doubled-down on Evokers to make it worse? Really, really weird.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cynical Asshole View Post
    Just what we need: another lame theme class that people don't play because there is nothing cool about it. Just throw it right next to Monks.
    I like Monks. I especially like that Monks get their own special hub area they can go to as they're leveling, to pick up daily quests, XP boosts, items, and so on. I wish all the classes had their own little hub you could go to.

I'm also willing to bet that Sylvanas' popularity has taken a massive tumble since Shadowlands.
    I would take that bet. I think I'd make lots of money.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Evokers are... not what most people were imagining when they thought 'Dragonsworn', I feel. Perhaps this is just what I've seen, or my bias, but typically they were imagining it as either a race, one that's kind of based off of all the races in the game with some minor additions, or it's a class where every flight gets a spec. This weird "fuse some of the flights together as a mage-soldier" concept is just bizarre. It wouldn't be so bad if you could actually play other classes as a Dracthyr, but limiting them to Evoker only feels so bad. I'm pretty sure one of the biggest complaints about Demon Hunters was that you could only play them on two races, and they went and doubled-down on Evokers to make it worse? Really, really weird.
    I can see this working if they had tailored classes to be more niche. The problem to me is a majority of classes in the game are broad and customizeable (in choosing class/race combo) while the Dracthyr are severely limited. I can see this tailoring to their uniqueness, but it also limits them. I really hope this is a one off (or two off if you include DH) and not a trend for future concepts.

Quote Originally Posted by Pro-lifer View Post
    i hope they do not have so many classes ending up like maplestory. Too many classes are just confusing.
    In 20 years we got 4. I think we can handle 1 new class every 5 years.

I don't know how pointing out how you twisted the facts to argue that the Dracthyr couldn't use Black Dragon magic is poisoning the well. Getting the facts straight is venom now?
    No, bringing irrelevant information with the intention to discredit someone is poisoning the well. What you brought here has nothing to do with the topic or the question the other poster asked me.

I'm starting to think I might life rent-free on your head considering you can't move on after you dripped your venom in the waters.

No, bringing irrelevant information with the intention to discredit someone is poisoning the well.
    I don't think it's irrelevant. The topic was Dracthyr specs and what people are expecting. You even contend someone's opinion on having more Dracthyr specs and talk about what you consider to be meaningless. What I brought to the table was your own words on how you interpreted Dracthyr lacking Black Dragon magic as being absolutely normal to the Dracthyr identity, to the point of ignoring the fact that Blizzard devs even said they use all 5 Dragonflight's magic. It colors how you interpret information and fit it into your opinions.

I don't think that discredits you any more than you've already done yourself. You said these things, right? All I'm doing is putting things into perspective.

If Blizzard made a class that, concept-wise, had the potential to have up to five different specs (one for each dragonflight) and only made two specs for it, saying that your preferred class idea "needs three specs" is a meaningless argument, dead on arrival.

You're contending someone's opinion that they think they should have 3 specs by implying Blizzard's final say is the only right decision. You argument is that expressing an opinion that doesn't align with Blizzard's design makes their opinion meaningless and dead on arrival. And I'm pointing out how that's also how you argued your misinterpretation of Dracthyr not having Black Dragon magic, which was based on a complete mistake on your part. I don't see why anyone needs to counter someone's opinion that Dracthyr should have 3 or more specs. There's no standard to what is considered a 'dead on arrival' argument, even if you merely wish to express what you consider to be normal. The fact is, what you consider normal was already quite skewed considering you were open to believe that Dracthyr did not have Black Dragon magic just because they didn't have a dedicated spec to that magic.

You can't really use "how Blizzard designs the class" to imply someone else's opinion is meaningless when you yourself have a record of skewing the information on how Blizzard designed a class to fit your own opinion and argument. Opinions are still opinions, and there is no right or wrong to glean from this, even if we're talking directly about what Blizzard may choose to do. I mean, even Blizzard devs were openly talking about considering more specs in the future, it's not off the table.

I'm not the one dishonestly countering your opinion by saying your opinion is dead on arrival because it doesn't comply with Blizzard's design decisions, all while twisting the information to fit my own arguments. I'm clearly pointing out that's what you have been doing. So no, I'm not poisoning the well, I'm clearing the bullshit out of it.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-11-28 at 08:05 PM.

I don't think it's irrelevant.
    Yes, it is irrelevant. regardless what you think. Now move along. I'm done entertaining you here.

Yes, it is irrelevant. regardless what you think. Now move along. I'm done entertaining you here.
    Just because you don't like being called out on your bullshit doesn't make it irrelevant :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Funny thing is they could give the fanboys exactly what they wanted and still bitch about it.
    I don’t believe that would be the case. As a class concept a technology class is pretty straightforward thanks to the hero unit abilities from WC3 and HotS.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gumble View Post
    Already bored with your geckos? That didn't take long.....
    Not even close. I’m thoroughly enjoying the Evoker class. It’s my new main.

While I like the Evoker, I feel that it’s limited leveling space and it’s lack of spec options really hurt it in terms of depth. Hopefully the next class will be a base class like Monks, and like Monks be a three spec class that performs all roles (tank/healing/DPS).
    Depends...maybe its a 4 spec class like druids? :P

For me , i rather have a 2 spec class with in depth specs. then a forced 3 spec class. with a tacked on 3 spec.

As for hero classes....yeah i agree. They need to be 1 every 3 expansions MAX.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    I wouldn't think the "One spec for each flight" thing was too common as imagine folks would figure "Yeah, if they're not giving us Gladiator Stance back, we're not getting 5 specs". But, they were an RPG class so I figured folks broke it down into the "DPS, Heals, Tank" thing using various abilities. I know I mentioned some stuff about 'hey let's get a time magic based healer using bronze powers', and that'd obviously synergise with either red or green from there, but... After Legion, I doubt any folks were seriously considering 5 specs being viable when its very clear if a spec isn't doing enough to distinquish itself, its on the chopping board

Most of the stuff race wise I'd seen was for Draknoids, with maybe a touch of "Hey remember that random humanoid dragon guy in BWD". Mind my biggest hope was we get a dragon race that changes between Sandstone Drake-esque form to a visage, but, well, that ain't happening

Why is that when people want a new class they want one of the specs to be a tanking one. What is sooo wrong with all 3 specs being DPS. I mean warlock, mage, and rogue (Just to name a few) do just fine without tanking.