Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    First part is absolutely true. Second bit I guess we'll see, but I would be shocked if that's what happens.
    My opinion is that it will be split 50/50. BlizZard should offer a choice but we all know why that can not occur...

Quote Originally Posted by Mafic View Post
    BlizZard should offer a choice but we all know why that can not occur...
    No, we don't. Please elaborate.
    Last edited by ClownPrincess; 2022-11-28 at 08:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sugani View Post
    https://imgur.com/a/SGi3Y6D

This is how it feels on live now after finally trying the Soar ability, even as just a simplified version it immediately made me hate coming back to normal flying. I can not wait until Dragonflight comes out just so I can spend time flying around, it's so refreshing. I swear, this better become evergreen and the start of 'mount classes' in Warcraft just like how they have a variety of 'mount classes' in Guild Wars 2.

I really hope that by the end of this expansion, all of the Dragon, Pterrordax, Gryphons, Wyrms, and Protos have their animations retargeted so they can be integrated into the new flight system. Then over the next few expansions, they should slowly come up with other 'mount classes' for mounts that don't fit in those previously mentioned classes. I'd love to see all sorts of new methods of traveling.

Dragonflying is probably the single most refreshing updated mechanic WoW has received since launch and I hope it does to travel what Mythic+ did for dungeons.
    Please stop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haters gonna hate.

I agree with; more mount classes for all types of mounts would be so cool!

Also to some replies in this thread; adding things does not remove legacy flight? Why are some people here so negative?

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'll take a menu toggle that lets me pick which style of flying I'd like to use, with any flying mount and in any area.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazerbrain View Post
    Haters gonna hate.

I agree with; more mount classes for all types of mounts would be so cool!

Also to some replies in this thread; adding things does not remove legacy flight? Why are some people here so negative?
    Because the OP is advocating for legacy flight to be removed and replaced by new flight?

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    Literally just buffing other mount classes will ruin the game for players?

Stupid take but okay.
    Why should I have the amount of mounts I can use be restricted is my complaint. You wanted 3 mounts and rest stabled for some bizarre reason? So I cant have a water mount, a flying mount, a ground mount, my brutosaur, and my Yak at once? What if I wanted to show someone a specific mount? I then have to go all the way to a town to do so? Dont make things worse for people.

My opinion is that it will be split 50/50. BlizZard should offer a choice but we all know why that can not occur...
    I agree, after playing beta it will be a love it or hate it feature. I'm firmly in the hate camp. I cancelled my sub and will reconsider if they add normal flying early enough for me to still be interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampyrr View Post
    Why should I have the amount of mounts I can use be restricted is my complaint. You wanted 3 mounts and rest stabled for some bizarre reason? So I cant have a water mount, a flying mount, a ground mount, my brutosaur, and my Yak at once? What if I wanted to show someone a specific mount? I then have to go all the way to a town to do so? Dont make things worse for people.
    Yeah I feel like taking away player choice isn't the way to go but I will say let people try it out for themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rebecca191 View Post
    I agree, after playing beta it will be a love it or hate it feature. I'm firmly in the hate camp. I cancelled my sub and will reconsider if they add normal flying early enough for me to still be interested.
    I am in the same camp as well in that I do not see why they thought this was a good idea.

I change everything I ever said about legacy flying. After experiencing Dragonflight, it does have a use. The ghost mount, for when you need to return back to your body.

Seriously Dragonflying is the single greatest thing they added to the game since it's inception.

Dragonflying is so much better than normal flying... in every way...

the ONLY thing that is worse is that you cannot hover in the air which was shitty anyway.

After you gathered up a few of the points it is superior. Love it. Hope they switch it out completly.

I too hope that Dragonriding carries on forward and they just make it a thing for the whole game. They can also get to remove some of the non-unique mounts and put them in as customization options instead, so we don't need to have the same recolours of the same mount over and over.

That being said, people being mad about all this are just stupid ngl and definitely a small minority. Blizzard can of course still keep the slower 310% flying that allows hovering and afking alongside Dragonriding as a button/toggle switch.

There is no argument besides that for why Dragonriding for the whole world is a bad thing. All the haters just seem to be those kind that keep playing the game, but want to see it fail lol OR they just don't want to see any kind of change and resent having to learn something new (it's no surprise that WoW players in general are seen as bad players in every game incl. WoW itself).
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2022-11-29 at 06:05 AM.

Dragon riding is broken and not balanced.

Dragon riding is broken and not balanced.
    How so? How is it broken?

- - - Updated - - -

Skyward Ascent
    #showtooltip
    /cast [@target, harm] [insert ability here]; Skyward Ascent

People are always insecure about the X thing they really like and the idea that if anything else besides it exists, it ruins the other. There is no reason to not simply allow both types of flying. You can use a special dragon to do loops and stuff to go faster or use regular mounts to swim through the air. Didnt we spend years talking about why Player choice matters in WoW?

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    People are always insecure about the X thing they really like and the idea that if anything else besides it exists, it ruins the other. There is no reason to not simply allow both types of flying. You can use a special dragon to do loops and stuff to go faster or use regular mounts to swim through the air. Didn't we spend years talking about why Player choice matters in WoW?
    If that's the case, why can't I keep playing "TBC Warlock" over "Modern Warlock"? They should let both versions exist at the same time. If I want to spam shadowbolt and be competitive I should be able to, and if other players want to press more buttons they can choose to play that style.

Yeah I feel like taking away player choice isn't the way to go but I will say let people try it out for themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

I am in the same camp as well in that I do not see why they thought this was a good idea.
    Yeah like half the first page of topics in General Discussion on the WoW forums is people arguing about dragon flying. /popcorn I guess.

Dragon flying sucks at first, but is quite fun maxed out. Still very early days and I'm enjoying it quite a lot but still very much want regular flight later on; requiring constant attention for travel, the resources making it inadvisable to mount up to skip running around a wall (or whatever), and the inability to hover and carefully pick the right spot to land to avoid aggro are all substantial downsides. When regular flight comes out I'll switch between them; dragonflight for long distance since it's much faster and regular for everything else.

With Dragonriding can you hover/hold station? If no then normal flying is 100% better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kilrox View Post
    If that's the case, why can't I keep playing "TBC Warlock" over "Modern Warlock"? They should let both versions exist at the same time. If I want to spam shadowbolt and be competitive I should be able to, and if other players want to press more buttons they can choose to play that style.
    Yeah, TBC lock with AoE drain life was superb

No, you cannot. You can kinda circle, but you lose altitude all the time so it's not great in terms of convenience.

The actual flying is fun, though!