Page 23 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    What a goal. These are the things that Brazil are so great at, and makes it so hard to defend against them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    Asking for a yellow should be getting one
    I'm all for more consequence for questioning refs decisions, but that also should've been a yellow for a professional foul, goes only for the man cause he's being outrun :P

really think the swiss tactics of 'passively wait for brazil to score a goal' havent paid off for them today.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    really think the swiss tactics of 'passively wait for brazil to score a goal' havent paid off for them today.
    "neutrality"

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, if you're Swiss, at least the flag is a big plus.

- - - Updated - - -

The highlight of this game for me was fat Ronaldo.

ooof Pepe is playing in the next game this is gonna be interesting.

This is going to end up with red cards, brawls or likely both.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    This is going to end up with red cards, brawls or likely both.
    I hope so! This is my low key dream to see a full frontal pitch fight with players, refs and coaches during World Cup. And with commentators following it like it's an MMA/WWE match!
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-11-28 at 07:51 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

I thought those weren't meant to be given as penalties, but maybe thats a PL only thing?

Uruguay wasn't very good, but they are also super unlucky with a couple of very close shots. Also wasn't that penalty 100% printed? The guy was in free fall and had his hand in a natural position behind the back to cushion the fall a bit, didn't touch the ball intentionally and had no way to avoid or even see it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Uruguay wasn't very good, but they are also super unlucky with a couple of very close shots. Also wasn't that penalty 100% printed? The guy was in free fall and had his hand in a natural position behind the back to cushion the fall a bit, didn't touch the ball intentionally and had no way to avoid or even see it.
    It doesn't matter, rules say it's a penalty, even if it was unintentional or used to save a fall. VAR made the correct call, very unfortunate for Uruguay.

- - - Updated - - -

Uruguay just had plenty of chances but really couldn't finish. Kinda unfortunate that Portugal gave up after the first goal and decided to park the bus. Also Cavani was pure hot garbage this game.

Decent game though.

My father that knows soccer better than me told me before the penalty kick:
    "This guy will give a little jump before shooting"
    Me: "WTF?"

And he did (>_<) The adepts of Uruguay were not happy at all and throwed him the middle finger

Also funny moment with the field invasion of the gay flag....the cameras avoided at all costs filming it

Quote Originally Posted by Roanda View Post
    Also funny moment with the field invasion of the gay flag....the cameras avoided at all costs filming it
    That is not a Qatar thing, it's a general thing, in an attempt to decrease the frequency "put no focus on it" :]

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    It doesn't matter, rules say it's a penalty, even if it was unintentional or used to save a fall. VAR made the correct call, very unfortunate for Uruguay.
    Unless thy changed this again (and they do seem to change it every 3 weeks) its shouldn't be. The falling player is deemed to have his hand in a natural position as they are breaking his fall:

https://twitter.com/theifab/status/1...537?lang=en-GB

Quote Originally Posted by Wezmon View Post
    Unless thy changed this again (and they do seem to change it every 3 weeks) its shouldn't be. The falling player is deemed to have his hand in a natural position as they are breaking his fall:

https://twitter.com/theifab/status/1...537?lang=en-GB
    They did in fact change it again start at this season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roanda View Post
    My father that knows soccer better than me told me before the penalty kick:
    "This guy will give a little jump before shooting"
    Me: "WTF?"

And he did (>_<) The adepts of Uruguay were not happy at all and throwed him the middle finger

That's how Bruno takes all his penalties, it's why he takes them for United and he's only ever missed a couple. Horrible to watch from the stands, but effective.

Ridiculous decision though.

Quote Originally Posted by Pozz View Post
    That is not a Qatar thing, it's a general thing, in an attempt to decrease the frequency "put no focus on it" :]
    True, usually cameras point away and no one mentions it again. When he's wearing a 'Save Ukraine' and 'Respect Iranian Women' T-shirt though, it looks like most major news outlets are more than happy to ditch that and go "Oh hey, look at this guy".

The problem is that no one touched the player who is falling.
    He is falling for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Tumile View Post
    "cuz it doesn't matter anymore" might just be the most apathetic psychopathic and straight up brain dead take I have heard in a long time.

even if we give you infinite benefit of the doubt on that statement, at best you would literally be the reason it doesn't matter anymore, cuz you consume the product that was made out of real human peoples lives.

You are welcome to be a garbage human being and consume whatever you want, we all do it wether we know it or not, Im sure I have a shirt made out of child slave labor somewhere, but completely disregarding the suffering you are now fully aware that you are directly supporting, that's just bad my guy, send me an invitation to ur funeral, I wanna come and piss on your grave just like you did to all the people who were enslaved and murdered to make the world cup happen.

This is the first World Cup I'm gonna be missing out on, looked the other way like the typical brain dead NPC I am all the other times FIFA stuck their hands in the corrupt honey pot, but this is just too blatant and too far.
    listen stranger, i was simply stating a fact. i know its bought, i know nobody gives 2 shits about the dead workers, i know perfectly well that slavery is still thriving in the arab peninsula and that nations wont say shit as to not piss off the nations with a shitload of oil and gas. im simply saying that it doesnt matter anymore since it wont change anything. i cant change anything about that,we've known about what was happening for years now and did anyone do anything about it?no, so now you expect us regular joes to boycott the WC because its the right thing to do? you seem to not understand the football phenomenon or football fans. we are in simply for the game. ''i pissed on the people who were enslaved and murdered'' simply because i watch and try to enjoy the game?! nobody is condoning what has happend and at the same time none of us can change what has happend so its pointless to ponder on it. what's more puzzling tho is that you claim to have some moral highground here cuz you are boycotting the WC while at the same time you spout such vile words towards me. trully you are the better person, well atleast you think you are
    Last edited by Melius; 2022-11-28 at 11:08 PM.
    There is a void in my heart. Have you come to fill it?

wonder if the lebanese ultras will be out in force for this qatar game again. embarressing stuff but goes with the territory. Tacky culture less place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    wonder if the lebanese ultras will be out in force for this qatar game again. embarressing stuff but goes with the territory. Tacky culture less place.
    Yep they're present again. All with the exact same shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    Yep they're present again. All with the exact same shirt.
    it will give man city some ideas