Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Comic book characters being mega jacked is a more recent thing, anyway. Let's just make the argument that Tenoch Huerta looks closer to older comics instead of the super defined bullshit we get now.

Even everyone's favourite example of Captain America started out like this:

Nobody should expect garbage like this...

- - - Updated - - -

Only 2 songs in around 40mins? That sounds like almost nothing, definitely not "too much" for a holiday special. But I should definitely stop putting off watching it and just see for myself.
    I seriously disagree. The two half-assed songs spoiled it for me. I ff'd past them after about 15 seconds. Ugh.

Yeah. Superheroes and villains being super jacked only really started in the late 80s.

Quote Originally Posted by Kn83 View Post
    Yeah. Superheroes and villains being super jacked only really started in the late 80s.
    Mid-70s. (Re: the Invaders)

Goddamn. People are whining that he's not buff enough and people are whining that he's reasonably buff. I don't know which side is more pathetic, the people who expect the unreasonable or those who feel a need to defend against those people. Just let people be wrong, or right, or whatever. Not every little thing needs to be protected.

Does someone think Namor looks doughy? Great, who gives a fuck, and why waste page after page arguing that he's just the right amount of doughy?

This argument should have been settled with an "I heartily disagree", not treatises on the human anatomy and its history in comic books.

Quote Originally Posted by VMSmith View Post
    Goddamn. People are whining that he's not buff enough and people are whining that he's reasonably buff. I don't know which side is more pathetic, the people who expect the unreasonable or those who feel a need to defend against those people. Just let people be wrong, or right, or whatever. Not every little thing needs to be protected.

Does someone think Namor looks doughy? Great, who gives a fuck, and why waste page after page arguing that he's just the right amount of doughy?

This argument should have been settled with an "I heartily disagree", not treatises on the human anatomy and its history in comic books.
    Thanks for fixing all our problems for us.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Brings this to mind:

G]
    Its the very nature of the beast. Its entertainment. You are supposed to go bigger and better each time, not regress.

You dont go from Chris Hemsworth level physique and then replace him with a normal looking dude and then expect audiences to be like "Wow so impressive!"

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Its the very nature of the beast. Its entertainment. You are supposed to go bigger and better each time, not regress.
    Says who? That's not a rule of entertainment, in any way. And even if it was, "bigger" can mean anything, not just "physically bigger" - that would be pretty idiotic, wouldn't it, if they could only ever cast actors that are physically larger than the previous one. Twenty years later, they're all 7'2" and we're running out of people that can do the reboot.

"Bigger and better" is an incredibly vague, incredibly subjective metric to begin with. One could argue for all sorts of things being "better".

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

You dont go from Chris Hemsworth level physique and then replace him with a normal looking dude and then expect audiences to be like "Wow so impressive!"
    Bigger and better each time? In like 40 years are we to suspect actors to look like the actual hulk so they aren’t regressing in there hero bod’s?
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Bigger and better each time? In like 40 years are we to suspect actors to look like the actual hulk so they aren’t regressing in there hero bod’s?
    What you talking about 40 years?

We're already there. The Rock is currently the highest paid actor and most in demand. Also got Dave Baustia and John Cena, Literally Wrestlers are movie stars now.

Get him in those jungles and a skintight T shirt and you're half way there to a movie.

There's a ton of guys in tthe MCU that don't have a Chris Hemsworth Physique...and Tenoch Huerta is not just a "normal looking dude"
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

We're already there. The Rock is currently the highest paid actor and most in demand. Also got Dave Baustia and John Cena, Literally Wrestlers are movie stars now.

Get him in those jungles and a skintight T shirt and you're half way there to a movie.
    lol not one of them is even half way to a hulk esc body all of them are smaller then lou ferrigno at his biggest and even him playing the hulk is nothing like what we’d expect if they had to keep getting bigger.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Wrestlers turning actor isn't some new thing Dwayne Johnson invented. Hulk Hogan and Andre the Giant were Movie Stars too. And Andre wasn't exactly known for his cut muscular body or movie star looks.

And Dave Bautista is also on the Body shaming list now.

went to cinema with my fiancee to watch Ebombe Forever: the attack of underwater blue mexicans the other day.
    I cannot begin to describe how bad the movie was.
    Listening to Rihanna was extremely excrutiating.

black panther 2 was lame. its not the worst mcu movie but there was so much unnecessary scenes.

all the stuff with elaine from seinfeld, shoulda cut it out it added nothing to the movie and was only there to be like hey were doing thunderbolts! same with riri, she was just.. there to be like hey go watch my show! like she wasnt bad, but she took screen time from characters who couldve used it more like m'baku, okoye, and NAMOR

best scene was the okoye fight on the bridge and namor was the best part of the movie but felt like he was hardly in it.

for phase 4 i would rank them

no way home
    werewolf by night
    loki
    gotg holiday special
    she hulk
    moon knight
    wandavision
    what if
    mom
    thor 4
    shang chi
    black panther 2
    hawkeye
    falcon and winter soldier
    black widow
    ms marvel
    eternals

- - - Updated - - -

ill probably get flak for how high up she hulk is but haters gonna hate i loved that show. enjoyed every episode and it was exactly what i wanted from a she hulk show
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    black panther 2 was lame. its not the worst mcu movie but there was so much unnecessary scenes.

all the stuff with elaine from seinfeld, shoulda cut it out it added nothing to the movie and was only there to be like hey were doing thunderbolts! same with riri, she was just.. there to be like hey go watch my show! like she wasnt bad, but she took screen time from characters who couldve used it more like m'baku, okoye, and NAMOR

best scene was the okoye fight on the bridge and namor was the best part of the movie but felt like he was hardly in it.
    Like people said, movie was too long, they add a lot of unnecessary shenanigans(ironhear), and the plot switching rly damaged the story overall, cause, like the tv shows there are a lot of moments when you rise your eyebrows and have to shut down your brain cause suspension of disbelief is not enough.

Like how T'chala, a superhuman, died by a virus only him got, no one else, when in wakanda they could have just freeze him to find the cure. A heroic dead would make much more sense. Or how Namorrrrr kill their queen so they can ally, like, dude? Also think her death was completely unnecessary, we leady had one, hell, make Namorrrrr kill t'chala in the start, much better.

My boy m'bku should have been black panther for sure.

ill probably get flak for how high up she hulk is but haters gonna hate i loved that show. enjoyed every episode and it was exactly what i wanted from a she hulk show
    She-hulk stared rly good imo, but it got down rly fast, and only had a bit of a bump with daredevil.

What feels to me is the tv-shows are just fast made, they don't have time to polish and do a rly good story, quantity over quality basically. With she-hulk, i think the final was waaay over the top and a bit too forced for a season 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    What feels to me is the tv-shows are just fast made, they don't have time to polish and do a rly good story, quantity over quality basically.
    Too Fast ? Not even close. These are shot much more slowly than a standard TV show. If I had to comment on anything technical it would be that they are very inexperienced with writing for the limited series format. There seems to be an insistence on a 6 hr. length by Disney that I suspect is a mistake.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JDL49 View Post
    Too Fast ? Not even close. These are shot much more slowly than a standard TV show. If I had to comment on anything technical it would be that they are very inexperienced with writing for the limited series format. There seems to be an insistence on a 6 hr. length by Disney that I suspect is a mistake.
    It seems to me the project is rushed through a lot of points, but i do reckon the team they chose to head some series is questionable at best. I think quality is decreasing for quantity, seeing how many shows and movies per yea we had compared to previous years.

I even herd some news they don't pick fans to work on those projects anymore, or try to avoid picking then

As these shows go, to me Daredevil and Agent Carter were the best I've seen. And I'm certain that the big unsaid reasons for canceling Carter was the sheer amount of material they had to play with that would have bumped too hard into their desired flagship show at the time, Agents of SHIELD, as well as deal with certain negative aspects that was the societal reality for that time frame.

7+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Looks fun enough. Seems at least a bit more of a serious tone to it, which is probably fine after the excessive goofery of 2.