10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Account progression is wiped pretty often, rendering your time spent grinding ingame pointless.
    thats exactly why i would love to get those bigger ships for real money, since they dont get wiped. but paying 250+ dollars for a single ship is just too much for me.
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

After 2 years i downloaded the game again today.
    What a waste of time.
    It is a sunday and noone plays star marine. Can't even equip armor and stuff, gives error even.
    Battle royal map looks really bad. Lots of shiny stuff that you dont want to look. PVP isnt worth it, its just boring.

I got a new pc but the PU performance also got worse.
    They obviously stopped caring about star citizen, just adding new ships to game for sales thats all.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post

I wouldn't be concerned about acquiring larger ships ATM. The only thing to do with them is to blow up larger bandit spaceships. SC isn't going to reach a point where there is going to be a lot to do with those larger spaceships for a long time, if ever. Account progression is wiped pretty often, rendering your time spent grinding ingame pointless.
    Progression actually gets wiped alot less often than you think... they also added separate backend databases for our possessions, so when they want they can wipe money, inventory or ships etc separately. Full wipe isnt always the wipe that happens.
    And they dont wipe when theres no reason to...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bebethebebe View Post
    They obviously stopped caring about star citizen, just adding new ships to game for sales thats all.
    You sure about that? :P
    https://robertsspaceindustries.com/c...zen-Alpha-3172

3.18 is scheduled to release in about a month. With salvaging gameplay thats never been in the game before, and other stuff.
    https://starcitizen.tools/Update:Sta...n_Alpha_3.18.0

After 2 years i downloaded the game again today.
    What a waste of time.
    It is a sunday and noone plays star marine. Can't even equip armor and stuff, gives error even.
    Battle royal map looks really bad. Lots of shiny stuff that you dont want to look. PVP isnt worth it, its just boring.

I got a new pc but the PU performance also got worse.
    Performance is pretty good in the PU, rarely ever get a crash, all the gameplay is mostly done in the PU these days noone really plays the external module games when you can do it all ingame and work towards something, servers are 100-130 ppl at times, they are doing a ton of things to the PU with another large update coming very soon.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Performance is pretty good in the PU, rarely ever get a crash, all the gameplay is mostly done in the PU these days noone really plays the external module games when you can do it all ingame and work towards something, servers are 100-130 ppl at times, they are doing a ton of things to the PU with another large update coming very soon.
    getting crashes and performance are different stuff. Game performance isn't better.
    Star marine module is broken, everyone on reddit and forums say that.
    ship pvp is broken because of latency differences. People say that, not me.

wohooo, 100-130 ppl per server in a mmo.
    Even dead private game servers have more than that.

I can see they did a ton of things, you cant even set route planet to planet properly most of the time. The ui still suck really really bad.

getting crashes and performance are different stuff. Game performance isn't better.
    Star marine module is broken, everyone on reddit and forums say that.
    ship pvp is broken because of latency differences. People say that, not me.

wohooo, 100-130 ppl per server in a mmo.
    Even dead private game servers have more than that.

I can see they did a ton of things, you cant even set route planet to planet properly most of the time. The ui still suck really really bad.
    Most MMOs you wont even see more than 50 players in one area so its irrelevant since they also dont have content for large groups either. SC has tens of thousands of players playing an alpha, not a fully released title but a game in development. Games is also not optimsied yet and performance systems are not fully implemented but the game still runs more than reasonable,

Noone cares about star marine, it was a testing module they put in before the PU had fps combat fully implemented nothing more so pointless to do any additional work on it, ship PvP works fine for most PvP players, your playing an alpha accept it.

UIs are changing in the next few patches, current UI works so its fine for now.

Most MMOs you wont even see more than 50 players in one area so its irrelevant since they also dont have content for large groups either. SC has tens of thousands of players playing an alpha, not a fully released title but a game in development. Games is also not optimsied yet and performance systems are not fully implemented but the game still runs more than reasonable,

Noone cares about star marine, it was a testing module they put in before the PU had fps combat fully implemented nothing more so pointless to do any additional work on it, ship PvP works fine for most PvP players, your playing an alpha accept it.

Most MMO's i can find you 50 players in plenty locations. Stop the BS.
    Not being optimised doesnt mean your work should get worse each year.

Noone cares about star marine? If it was just a testing module then why did they pay to another company to make it? WE know the story behind that too.
    CIG makes changes to the game but doesnt inform the company making Star marine so in the end the work done and money spend to it is wasted.
    Thats how bad Chris roberts manages the company with his years of experience. Wasting pledge money, its ok for him since it wasnt his money.

Ship PVP works fine without a flight model. Imagine a space ship with big engines at its back can fly backwards at same speed it flies forward.

Yep, UI has been a problem for years and we will have to wait more.

So, guys, if you gonna buy this game wait until UI is fixed.

BTW: please share the official info about player numbers, server count. I want to see this one.

dude some mmos have instances for like 30 people alone lol

heck even WoW has over 50 in areas where an event is happening and thats before sharding and phasing meanwhile you say 50 players is fine in a game that is supposed to be as big as SC claims to be at launch

Don't mind me, just passing by...

SC has tens of thousands of players playing an alpha, not a fully released title but a game in development.

*cough*
    an hourly average of 6,000 online players, according to Chris Roberts himself *cough*

Most MMOs you wont even see more than 50 players in one area so its irrelevant
    *cough* World of Warcraft has been doing instanced PvP with 80 players since 2005 *cough*
    Ahahahaha!

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by banmebaby View Post
    Don't mind me, just passing by...

*cough*
    an hourly average of 6,000 online players, according to Chris Roberts himself *cough*
    so do you think the same 6k people are on 24/7?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    yes dude, that was exactly my point.
    Ahahahaha!

Most MMOs you wont even see more than 50 players in one area
    This is such a weird hill for you to die on. I mean, you'll die on any hill someone puts in front of you, but this one is especially strange. Not only is this not true in the slightest, you almost never encounter someone else in Stanton, and it still manages to run like shit.

I spent probably 12-15 hours trying to find my way in the PU before I gave up, and not once did I bump into another player outside of a city. This isn't surprising, given the size of the map and the low player count per server, but it doesn't change my point.

Most MMO's i can find you 50 players in plenty locations. Stop the BS.
    Not being optimised doesnt mean your work should get worse each year.

Noone cares about star marine? If it was just a testing module then why did they pay to another company to make it? WE know the story behind that too.
    CIG makes changes to the game but doesnt inform the company making Star marine so in the end the work done and money spend to it is wasted.
    Thats how bad Chris roberts manages the company with his years of experience. Wasting pledge money, its ok for him since it wasnt his money.

Ship PVP works fine without a flight model. Imagine a space ship with big engines at its back can fly backwards at same speed it flies forward.

Yep, UI has been a problem for years and we will have to wait more.

So, guys, if you gonna buy this game wait until UI is fixed.

BTW: please share the official info about player numbers, server count. I want to see this one.
    Most MMOs are instanced games and dont have more than 50 players per instance so its you who needs to stop the BS, not many MMOs support a large amount of players in one area and most MMOs dont offer any content or very little that would use 50 or more players.

Star Marine is a testing bed to get FPS combat working thats the whole point in it, noone plays it because you can play properly in the actual game, so no money gets wasted on a tool used to make other systems work and help to tune the systems.

There is a flight model it works great, and in space the ships are not affected by gravity in most places so a ship could go as fast as it wants backwards or forwards, ships accelerate slower backwards but there is no limit in speed as the limits are just gameplay mechanics.

The UI works you are just gonna have to suck it up and wait until they implement the UI they will be using that was shown several videos ago.

Official numbers last known were 120 per server normally and 85 during a dynamic event, but i have been on servers with player counts of 130, you can see the player count while your on the server.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    The devs have stated they have required up to 50-130k player support from the servers, so there are times when a large amount of players are online at the same time, its an alpha i dont expect the game to have the same amount of active players as other games.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2022-11-29 at 02:19 PM.

Most MMOs are instanced games and dont have more than 50 players per instance so its you who needs to stop the BS, not many MMOs support a large amount of players in one area and most MMOs dont offer any content or very little that would use 50 or more players.

Star Marine is a testing bed to get FPS combat working thats the whole point in it, noone plays it because you can play properly in the actual game, so no money gets wasted on a tool used to make other systems work and help to tune the systems.

There is a flight model it works great, and in space the ships are not affected by gravity in most places so a ship could go as fast as it wants backwards or forwards, ships accelerate slower backwards but there is no limit in speed as the limits are just gameplay mechanics.

The UI works you are just gonna have to suck it up and wait until they implement the UI they will be using that was shown several videos ago.

Official numbers last known were 120 per server normally and 85 during a dynamic event, but i have been on servers with player counts of 130, you can see the player count while your on the server.

- - - Updated - - -

The devs have stated they have required up to 50-130k player support from the servers, so there are times when a large amount of players are online at the same time, its an alpha i dont expect the game to have the same amount of active players as other games.
    Let's see :

WoW : Alterac Valley 80 players
    Guild wars WPVP: 500-1000 players
    ESO: Cyrodil up to 1800 players
    Albion Online : up to 200 players per dungeon depending on location
    Neverwinter: City player cap 800 per location/instance
    Planetside 2: 2000 player cap per map

Ragnarok online with no phasing: 7k on one instance/server.

Let me know if you want to be educated more and will provide you links

We are not counting every possible battle royale out there by the way as well....
    Last edited by - Zephox -; 2022-11-29 at 03:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by - Zephox - View Post
    Let's see :

WoW : Alterac Valley 80 players
    Guild wars WPVP: 500-1000 players
    ESO: Cyrodil up to 1800 players
    Albion Online : up to 200 players per dungeon depending on location
    Neverwinter: City player cap 800 per location/instance
    Planetside 2: 2000 player cap per map

Ragnarok online with no phasing: 7k on one instance/server.

Let me know if you want to be educated more and will provide you links

We are not counting every possible battle royale out there by the way as well....
    So you have just confirmed i am right in not many MMOs actually have more than 50 players in the same area or actually have content that needs that many players in the first place and all most MMOs are instanced along with any content they do have that can use more players is also instanced and seperate from the rest of the game. There is 100s of MMOs and most of them are instance games that only cater to small teams.

SCs current limit is 120 and will rise much further.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2022-11-29 at 03:32 PM.

So you have just confirmed i am right in not many MMOs actually have more than 50 players in the same area or actually have content that needs that many players in the first place and all most MMOs are instanced along with any content they do have that can use more players is also instanced and seperate from the rest of the game.

SCs current limit is 120 and will rise much further.
    SC is 120 on the server, somewhere. Woo big number. After 12 years the player cap on a server is around 120. What a breathtakingly amazing number that game can hit. Damn I miss the days of 72 man raids in EQ where you could race other guilds to bosses, oh wait that would be hundreds of people in the same area in a game in the early 2000s. SC sure is raising the bar!

- - - Updated - - -

Tell me which most MMO's, give names, all of them. You are full of BS. Many MMO's support more players than SC ever could in one area. Talking like SC offers any content except bugs.

Star Marine was never a test bed, you are full of lies and BS.
    Star Marine is an in-universe combat simulator that lets you engage in pitched first-person shooter (FPS) battles on the ground and in zero-g, complete with multiple game modes and leader boards.
    https://support.robertsspaceindustri...eader%20boards.

If it was a test bed, it should be playable some sort so people could test.

There is a flight model that has no relation with flying or physics. Even gravity has no effect, no ship with thrusters at its back can fly backwards as fast as it can fly forward.

UI sucks and thousands of SC player say the same.

I want to see where you found that 10s of thousands players number. Give the official source.

Yesterday i punched the air and hurt myself then incapaciated. Can't even write proper code for melee combat and we except these people to fly ships.

> “In most MMOs you won't even see more than 50 players in one area!”

> “Most MMOs are instanced and don't have more than 50 players per instance!”

> “Most MMOs don't even have content that needs more than 50 players!”

Goalposts: They see me rollin’, they hatin’ ~

Edited:

@Val the Moofia Boss Do you know anything about this?

https://find-and-update.company-info...11339/officers

Is that what I think it is ? =D
    Last edited by banmebaby; 2022-11-29 at 09:53 PM.
    Ahahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by banmebaby View Post
    @Val the Moofia Boss Do you know anything about this?

https://find-and-update.company-info...11339/officers

Is that what I think it is ? =D
    We'll see if they ever release anything. Chris has been spent the last 20 years struggling to stick his hand into the film industry.

Tell me which most MMO's, give names, all of them. You are full of BS. Many MMO's support more players than SC ever could in one area. Talking like SC offers any content except bugs.

Star Marine was never a test bed, you are full of lies and BS.
    Star Marine is an in-universe combat simulator that lets you engage in pitched first-person shooter (FPS) battles on the ground and in zero-g, complete with multiple game modes and leader boards.
    https://support.robertsspaceindustri...eader%20boards.

If it was a test bed, it should be playable some sort so people could test.

There is a flight model that has no relation with flying or physics. Even gravity has no effect, no ship with thrusters at its back can fly backwards as fast as it can fly forward.

UI sucks and thousands of SC player say the same.

I want to see where you found that 10s of thousands players number. Give the official source.

Yesterday i punched the air and hurt myself then incapaciated. Can't even write proper code for melee combat and we except these people to fly ships.
    There is hundreds of MMOs available so i dont need to name any since what i said is correct because there is more MMOs available that dont support a large amount of players in one area than actually do, you are the one talking BS.

Star marine was a test bed to get FPS working that they made into a gameplay mode, now they dont bother with it because FPS works ingame, whats hard to understand, star marine was never meant to be a feature, it was put in when the PU didnt offer much or any FPS content, now there is plenty of FPS content available. Use some basic logic here whats more important to actually work on developing the game or work on a feature not really needed. Star marine works but most players would rather play the actual PU instead.

Its a space game its doesnt have to have an exact relation to current flying, a ship can fly backwards as fast as it can forwards especially in space there is nothing stopping a ship from acheiving top speed, acceleration is slower backwards but there is nothing to stop a ship from going max speed backwards.

UI works thats all that matters currently.

The source is devs and CR stating how many players they have had on some days playing 50-130k, look it up yourself.

Melee combat is only barely implemented so complaining about it is pointless.

Stop playing an alpha if you are gonna whine, you dont play an alpha an expect perfect gameplay all the time.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2022-11-30 at 04:00 AM.