Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The expansion literally just launched. So of course there isn't going to be alot to do right away. I'm not going to tell you to wait, since I know players tend to get impatient these days. But I will tell you to figure out what it is that you want out of this game. What's worth spending that $15 a month on that keeps you playing?

Quote Originally Posted by Drakenoteeth View Post
    AIn't trolling, I want your thoughts on the issue
    You are clearly trolling or just wrong.

I dinged 70 and I checked out new content, some are familiar like from good ol' Legion days, some features improved or revamped, but overall they removed all the systems that made Legion/BFA/Shadowlands great, which at the end this expansion will suffer.

Thoughts?
    You rushed to 70 in the first day and are complaining about the content ?
    I doubt you explored the new zones and all the new content.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    This expansion is going to be WoD 2.0. When players realise there's nothing to do outside of raids/mythics except WQs and invasions they're going to get fed up fast and quit.
    Theirs a lot to do actually professions themselves have their own endgame you can do.

I dinged 70 and I checked out new content, some are familiar like from good ol' Legion days, some features improved or revamped, but overall they removed all the systems that made Legion/BFA/Shadowlands great, which at the end this expansion will suffer.

Thoughts?
    I think this video pretty much sums up my thoughts about this.

Dragonflight is probably the single greatest expansion they've ever made since the launch of Vanilla. This feels like WoW Classic 2.0.

Thoughts?
    But BFA and SL were pretty bad, and Legion wasn't good until they fixed the systems 6+ months in.

Ask me more about how I know you didn't play wow.

Quote Originally Posted by catalystical View Post
    The problem is there’s too much of it in Shadowlands and how they were implemented. With every new patch, they have to rework or add new system as a bandaid to fix the previous problems. There are many problems with how they were gated or subjected to RNG, making the systems inaccessible to many of the base.

It’s not like we don’t have systems in DF. New-old talent tree is a system. Dragonriding is an open world system. Tier sets is a system. Loot is borrowed power that gets replaced every season.

Shadowlands was let down by poor system design, which cascaded into itself as more patches rolled in.
    The problems are problems only for people that don’t partake to the triad activities.

I didn’t fully realize there was almost zero char power progression outside the triad activities until I stopped doing M+.

I don’t think DF will solve the issue, but I will give it a try. I can always unsub 2-3 months from here.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    This expansion is going to be WoD 2.0. When players realise there's nothing to do outside of raids/mythics except WQs and invasions they're going to get fed up fast and quit.
    there are a couple of big differences between WoD and DF. Firstly, mythics and mythic+ - yes, WoD had mythic dungeons... right at the final patch. Definitely not on launch. And given that content didn't scale to the current patch there was almost no incentive to do them anyway, unlike now. Secondly, as you said the world quests and invasions. WoD had dailies, sure but nothing like invasions.

also the type of people who play until they get CE/AOTC/KSM aren't going to stick around anyway, regardless of the systems. natural ebb and flow of an expansion; busy at launch, and continuing on until raid releases and then slowly fading until the new raid/m+ season comes out. been that way since forever

You know WOD was generally like and the only reason it failed is because they stopped putting out content for it right? Like they gave up on it.... Thats why it was bad. There was nothing to do because they stopped adding things to do.....And the things there was to do....could be circumvented by doing a garrison misson. WOD could have been amazing had they not put gear in garrisons and idk did more than the selfie cam in the first patch? People loved WOD leveling and raiding and the pvp gearing, People just came from timeless isle too...adding a zone like that at the begining would have helped but they waited until hellfire to do that. And people generally liked that.

So... DF is like WoD if WoD had ...world content. So, DF is not like WoD, got it!

lol, in a month you will change your mind.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kilrox View Post
    I think this video pretty much sums up my thoughts about this.

Dragonflight is probably the single greatest expansion they've ever made since the launch of Vanilla. This feels like WoW Classic 2.0.

Well that didn't take long for the first "insert current xpac" sucks post to pop up

AIn't trolling, I want your thoughts on the issue
    You've kinda gotta say what "the issue" is for us to give our thoughts on it.

I'd rather play the content I actually enjoy (arenas, raids and whatnot) than grind hours into world quests and rare mobs to be able to perform at what I enjoy. I really don't see why a certain vocal minority needs like 5 different forms of character progression - gear and skill are enough and can both be attained without hours and hours of mandatory labour that nobody enjoys. I want to spend 90% of my game time doing what I like and improving myself at it. In BfA/SL it was more like 60% as I had to spend the other 40% pointlessly grinding just to get my character ready for what I like.

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    So... DF is like WoD if WoD had ...world content. So, DF is not like WoD, got it!
    No. Outside of raids and dungeons WoD's main thing was the garrison. DF's main thing is dragonriding. It's going to get old for people pretty soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Caiphon View Post
    I'd rather play the content I actually enjoy (arenas, raids and whatnot) than grind hours into world quests and rare mobs to be able to perform at what I enjoy. I really don't see why a certain vocal minority needs like 5 different forms of character progression - gear and skill are enough and can both be attained without hours and hours of mandatory labour that nobody enjoys. I want to spend 90% of my game time doing what I like and improving myself at it. In BfA/SL it was more like 60% as I had to spend the other 40% pointlessly grinding just to get my character ready for what I like.
    You probably don’t see because you are either in a good guild or you have a ton of time to play. If you have both even better.

I loved M+ but I can’t affor anymore to spend tons of times applying or waiting for a tank/healer to apply to my keys WHILE DOING NOTHING IN THE MEANTIME because the queue is not automated.

I got to a point where I spent more time waiting to do dungeons than doing dungeons. When I realized this, I stopped M+ing.

And I was left with basically zero chance to improve my char because I don’t raid nor PvP either.

That’s why I hoped for a sort of open world progression that wasn’t only WQ and rep grind, but it seems that Blizzard is deaf this side.

No. Outside of raids and dungeons WoD's main thing was the garrison. DF's main thing is dragonriding. It's going to get old for people pretty soon.
    Ok and the world content in Dragonflight has what equivalent in WoDs launch?

And WoD didn’t even have mythic dungeons. WoD and DF are nothing alike in content quantity.
    Last edited by Villager720; 2022-11-29 at 05:24 PM.

There are four huge rich zones full of stuff to do. Fun size quests, battle pets WITH TINY HATS, an entirely new crafting marketplace, totally new gathering profession systems, new stuff everywhere, plus all the same things like dungeons and raids so I don't quite grasp what's missing here. Dragonriding is not a "main thing" as a goal, it's just a complete replacement/revamp of an existing system and it's so fun that they wanted to give it to you on day one. It's a tool you use to experience all the other stuff. You level it up once and you're done FOREVER. Go do all the other stuff lol.

I feel like SL etc. were actually so unpleasant that they drove away all the old players who liked fun in a game and only kept a community of M+ grinders for weekly iLevel upgrade points for their "score". Quite a few current players have talked about the wasted effort of leveling, the annoyance of questing outside where the sun is bright, etc. and bemoaning that there will only be eight dungeons to grind in M+. I am honestly looking forward to these people leaving and getting replaced with returning WoW players who were originally drawn to it for the fun and adventure because that is what this expansion is about. Time to get out in the sunshine again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chucknourishlol View Post
    Classic

Rush to max level
    Wait for mythic dungeons to unlock
    Do 2 quests at max level
    ???
    this game is dog shit
    i want to grind azerite world quests for 23 months and 2 days.
    why is blizzard ruining their game??????
    So much this!

Quote Originally Posted by PixelFox View Post
    I feel like SL etc. were actually so unpleasant that they drove away all the old players who liked fun in a game and only kept a community of M+ grinders for weekly iLevel upgrade points for their "score". Quite a few current players have talked about the wasted effort of leveling, the annoyance of questing outside where the sun is bright, etc. and bemoaning that there will only be eight dungeons to grind in M+. I am honestly looking forward to these people leaving and getting replaced with returning WoW players who were originally drawn to it for the fun and adventure because that is what this expansion is about. Time to get out in the sunshine again.
    Unless there's some big changes to loot I am missing, why would this change? The Great Vault weekly chest still exists so players will be expected to do M+ for extra loot rolls whether they primarily Raid or PvP. M+ remains the main non-lockout source of loot. I hope you are right about the playerbase changing because I'm not a fan of M+ or the culture it creates but we have to run them to gear up properly. All the sidequest and world content is fun for some people but for many the game is about increasing Item Level, which in the absence of borrowed power is now the only endgame progression system in Dragonflight.