Page 52 of 53 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Emma D'arcy has been nominated "man of the year" by the GQ Magazine.

Heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortress of Arrogance View Post

Heh.
    As have several other "non-men"

https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/men-of...2022-honourees
    Here is the full list of MOTY Honourees, with GQ’s eight cover stars set to be announced from 7 November:

Marisa Abela
    Sheila Atim
    Emma D’Arcy
    Es Devlin
    Leon Edwards
    Mo Farah
    Stephen Graham
    Myha’la Herrold
    Sharon Horgan
    Michael Imperioli
    David Jonsson
    Lee Jung-jae
    Harry Lawtey
    Louis Theroux
    Joseph Quinn
    Ashley Walters
    Ben Whishaw
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Oh.

I see no contradiction or issue there.
    At all.

Oh.

I see no contradiction or issue there.
    At all.
    The point was not to contradict...but to elaborate.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Dragons are, per Martin, about as intelligent as dogs, maybe a bit more. While most dogs are loyal to their masters, it goes only to a point, some never lose their instincts and others can be quite unruly if not brought to hell in the right way.

Vhagar in particular has seen many riders and is very, very old. Bond or not, her not respecting the one who's just the latest in a list of riders makes sense to me. Caraxes only had one other rider, and it has been decades since Daemon was his only master. It makes sense that he would have more hold over him than Aemond over Vhagar.

My personal theory is that the dragons obey whatever magic is in the Valyrian blood that compels them to do so, at least as much as they obey their actual rider. If the rider holds not that much sway over them, only the magic remains and it only works to a point, especially in the heat of the moment when instinct takes over.
    One thing that always seemed connected to me is dragons and magic.

When dragons left the world, it would seem most magic left with it.
    Dragons return and suddenly Jon Snow and Beric Dondarrion are being rezzed from death.

I've always suspected that the Old Gods were real, and we all know for a fact that the Lord of Light is real. I just don't know what else is real besides. But whatever the case may be, dragons and magic are somehow related IMO.
    Last edited by Jinnobi; 2022-11-09 at 11:26 PM.
    It belongs to the imperfection of everything human that man can only attain his desire by passing through its opposite. - Soren Kierkegaard

Quote Originally Posted by Jinnobi View Post
    One thing that always seemed connected to me is dragons and magic.

When dragons left the world, it would seem most magic left with it.
    Dragons return and suddenly Jon Snow and Beric Dondarrion are being rezzed from death.

I've always suspected that the Old Gods were real, and we all know for a fact that the Lord of Light is real. I just don't know what else is real besides. But whatever the case may be, dragons and magic are somehow related IMO.
    All magic in the ASOIAF world is connected. The Valyrians were powerful magic users and the idea that they have "blood of the dragon" might be literal... after all, Rhaenyra's stillborn daughter had dragon features. The Valyrians/Targaryens were clearly doing some magical shenanigans with dragons in Old Valyria.

Dragons returned in GOT around the time of the return of the White Walkers. Dragons and White Walkers are thus linked by the story (a song of ice and fire). For instance, the White Walkers could have attacked at any moment. They could have attacked during Robert's Rebellion. But they only resurfaced during the year of the return of the dragon and the red comet in the sky.

At the end of the show, the White Walkers are (allegedly; as far as we can tell) gone; the Lord of Light is also gone; the Children of the Forest are gone; and only one dragon is left, Drogon. I don't know how dragons reproduce but Drogon might very well be the last dragon in history. It's not a coincidence that all these major magical events happen in the same time period.

And now this show reveals that Aegon the Conqueror knew about the Prince That Was Promised, which is an ancient prophecy dating back to the first Long Night, which was a time when Westeros was literally enveloped by a magical night that never ended. The Prince in the prophecies wielded a magical flaming sword, and so on.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2022-11-09 at 11:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    All magic in the ASOIAF world is connected. The Valyrians were powerful magic users and the idea that they have "blood of the dragon" might be literal... after all, Rhaenyra's stillborn daughter had dragon features. The Valyrians/Targaryens were clearly doing some magical shenanigans with dragons in Old Valyria.

Dragons returned in GOT around the time of the return of the White Walkers. Dragons and White Walkers are thus linked by the story (a song of ice and fire). For instance, the White Walkers could have attacked at any moment. They could have attacked during Robert's Rebellion. But they only resurfaced during the year of the return of the dragon and the red comet in the sky.

At the end of the show, the White Walkers are (allegedly; as far as we can tell) gone; the Lord of Light is also gone; the Children of the Forest are gone; and only one dragon is left, Drogon. I don't know how dragons reproduce but Drogon might very well be the last dragon in history. It's not a coincidence that all these major magical events happen in the same time period.

And now this show reveals that Aegon the Conqueror knew about the Prince That Was Promised, which is an ancient prophecy dating back to the first Long Night, which was a time when Westeros was literally enveloped by a magical night that never ended. The Prince in the prophecies wielded a magical flaming sword, and so on.
    Agreed. I wasn't sure if Rhaenyra's stillborn child had slightly dragon-esque features, or if I was just imagining it. I guess she really did?

In any case, I hope the Lord of Light really isn't gone by the end of Game of Thrones - especially since that Jon Snow series is apparently in full production mode now. I'd love to see the show explore a little more about Jon's (Aegon's lol) connection with the LoL.
    It belongs to the imperfection of everything human that man can only attain his desire by passing through its opposite. - Soren Kierkegaard

7+ Year Old Account
    Agreed. I wasn't sure if Rhaenyra's stillborn child had slightly dragon-esque features, or if I was just imagining it. I guess she really did? .
    It did in the books, i think they didn't put in the show because of how unsettling it could end up being

Heh.
    Turns out, I was trolling when I shared a perfectly viable piece of news with you lot.

Dear Fortress of Arrogance,

You have received an infraction at MMO-Champion.

Reason: Trolling
    -------
    You know exactly what you're doing here, and you know you're forbidden from doing it. This is trolling, and has earned you 5 infraction points, triggering a ban.
    Literally Harry Fahrenheit: 1984

Agreed. I wasn't sure if Rhaenyra's stillborn child had slightly dragon-esque features, or if I was just imagining it. I guess she really did?
    Yes. The still for the child had misshapen, dragon-like features:

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ckb3ByXq...0-6048379fbf4e

In any case, I hope the Lord of Light really isn't gone by the end of Game of Thrones - especially since that Jon Snow series is apparently in full production mode now. I'd love to see the show explore a little more about Jon's (Aegon's lol) connection with the LoL.

If he'll return, it will be for a "Somehow the Night King returned" twist.

Otherwise, the Lord of Light was influencing the world only to prevent the Long Night. Everything about the Lord of Light, including the prophecy of Prince That Was Promised, was in relation to the Long Night.

Since the screaming 15 years old ninja teen [allegedly/inb4 any twist] destroyed the Night King and prevented the Long Night, the storyline surrounding the Lord of Light and the prophecy is ended.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2022-11-29 at 06:19 PM.

Turns out, I was trolling when I shared a perfectly viable piece of news with you lot.

Literally Harry Fahrenheit: 1984
    You were banned for sharing actual real news? That's pretty messed up. Not surprised, though.

You guys might want to cease with the talk of moderation.

10+ Year Old Account
    I understand the infraction, especially with the accompanying comment that went with it, and the post history of the subject.
    Last edited by MCMLXXXII; 2022-11-29 at 07:59 PM.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Otherwise, the Lord of Light was influencing the world only to prevent the Long Night. Everything about the Lord of Light, including the prophecy of Prince That Was Promised, was in relation to the Long Night.

Since the screaming 15 years old ninja teen [allegedly/inb4 any twist] destroyed the Night King and prevented the Long Night, the storyline surrounding the Lord of Light and the prophecy is ended.
    Yeah, I've been hearing various 'rumors' here and there, since HoD hit and the "Lord of Light" prophecy started taking a 'main-seat' again in the plot (the King talking about it, making it an 'important point', etc.) that HBO, or the new shows-showrunners (or whomever 'they' are) - are trying to do a little "erase-redo" Of the ending finale of the original GoT series. And that bringing a 'new light' on this prophecy's importance in HoD is an indicator that there might be some rewriting of Westeros media-future going on. Whether that's in Jon's new series, or some other spinoff - or anything 'real' in the future, who knows.

Just feels really 4th-wall-breaking-wierd to me to have the prophecy get mentioned repeatedly in HoD when we know (the viewers on HBO anyway) what a cluster-fuck-non-entity that entire prophecy ended up being to the "TV Westeros" Future timeline. Everytime they start talking about it I just want to go, "No he didn't. No it didn't. Actually, none of this prophecy went anywhere!"

Whether the show-writers included this prophecy just because its how Martin wrote it, or because they are hoping someone might take up the future-torch and change how the 7th season went down in GoT "history" =D, don't know. Just seems an odd creative choice to get behind when in the HBO Timeline that Prophecy Means little to nothing. I"m sure it will matter more to Martin's GoT books if he ever finishes them; but in the "Show related only" Timeline, it would be less disruptive to maybe reword that prophecy so it fits the actual 'fulfillment' that happens in GoT Season 7 =D.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriani View Post
    Yeah, I've been hearing various 'rumors' here and there, since HoD hit and the "Lord of Light" prophecy started taking a 'main-seat' again in the plot (the King talking about it, making it an 'important point', etc.) that HBO, or the new shows-showrunners (or whomever 'they' are) - are trying to do a little "erase-redo" Of the ending finale of the original GoT series. And that bringing a 'new light' on this prophecy's importance in HoD is an indicator that there might be some rewriting of Westeros media-future going on. Whether that's in Jon's new series, or some other spinoff - or anything 'real' in the future, who knows.

Just feels really 4th-wall-breaking-wierd to me to have the prophecy get mentioned repeatedly in HoD when we know (the viewers on HBO anyway) what a cluster-fuck-non-entity that entire prophecy ended up being to the "TV Westeros" Future timeline. Everytime they start talking about it I just want to go, "No he didn't. No it didn't. Actually, none of this prophecy went anywhere!"

Whether the show-writers included this prophecy just because its how Martin wrote it, or because they are hoping someone might take up the future-torch and change how the 7th season went down in GoT "history" =D, don't know. Just seems an odd creative choice to get behind when in the HBO Timeline that Prophecy Means little to nothing. I"m sure it will matter more to Martin's GoT books if he ever finishes them; but in the "Show related only" Timeline, it would be less disruptive to maybe reword that prophecy so it fits the actual 'fulfillment' that happens in GoT Season 7 =D.

Maybe they stopped the current long night but the cycle will continue and the others are just regaining strenght; and Snow will be about ending them for good? I mean, Jon was rezzed by the lord of light or whoever because he was meant to do something big before D&D kinda forgot

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

Mabye I just don’t remember but how does the LoL actually act to stop The long night at all? None of the people he acts though really contribute much to ending the night lord even John did next to nothing.

If any thing it all seemed like a big troll by the Lol to fuck over Danny.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Mabye I just don’t remember but how does the LoL actually act to stop The long night at all? None of the people he acts though really contribute much to ending the night lord even John did next to nothing.

You can't remember it because "A Dream of Spring" isn't released yet

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post

The Lord of Light brought Jon back to life. Jon might not have dealt the killing blow on the Night King, but he was still the one who gathered the combined host at Winterfell (which was stated to be the largest army ever gathered in history). In addition, he was the one who dismounted the Night King from Viserion, slowing him down significantly and buying enough time for the ninja teen to get to the Godswood before the NK killed Bran.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    The Lord of Light brought Jon back to life. Jon might not have dealt the killing blow on the Night King, but he was still the one who gathered the combined host at Winterfell (which was stated to be the largest army ever gathered in history). In addition, he was the one who dismounted the Night King from Viserion, slowing him down significantly and buying enough time for the ninja teen to get to the Godswood before the NK killed Bran.
    Ah I suppose he did take out the dragon didn't he, and technically he is the one who got danny there as well.

Still seems like alot of Lol agents were just kinda fucking around with his power for most of the show not really leading up to that.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop discussing moderation. It isn't allowed, and it's off-topic.

If you want to appeal an infraction, the appropriate course is to PM a mod and request an appeal.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |