Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Dragonflight Performance Issues

Dragonflight Performance Issues
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Since the launch of Dragon Isles content, our live operations and server engineering teams have been working non-stop to address several unexpected performance issues. Some of these were fixed with realm restarts that took place earlier today in all regions, and other performance issues are still being worked on.

This is a top priority, and we expect to deploy additional fixes over the next day.

Thank you for your patience.

"unexpected"

Bruh, this is the 10th time you've done this.

Quote Originally Posted by vaeevictiss View Post
    "unexpected"

I believe that with unexpected performance issues they are talking about bugs in their software that are causing high, unexpected, performance loads. Those can of course happen even if you've been developing a game like WoW for so long. Actually, especially because WoW is so big and old, unexpected issues are more likely to occur.

I don't think that with this announcement they mean that they didn't buy enough RAM or messed up some configuration.

This expansion has had so many bugs and problems it's frankly embarrassing. if this really were an indie company I could understand it but.. oof.

I wonder how unexpected but I choose to believe and to cheer Blizzards efforts.
    Last edited by Jotunhammer; 2022-11-29 at 11:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ElDoorO View Post
    This expansion has had so many bugs and problems it's frankly embarrassing. if this really were an indie company I could understand it but.. oof.
    If you're embarrassed by a game, I think you need to find another game or a new hobby. These comments have been exhausting, get over yourselves. Your nubness is showing.

"My memory... since when? If everything is a dream, don't wake me." -Cloud Strife, Final Fantasy VII

How can they be unexpected when so many players have had stuttering issues since the pre-patch came out. It's been more than a month and they haven't been fixed yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    How can they be unexpected when so many players have had stuttering issues since the pre-patch came out. It's been more than a month and they haven't been fixed yet.
    Because these are different issues. Not all problems fall under a single umbrella. They aren't discussing stuttering issues here; at least not the ones affecting people for the past few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by TbouncerT View Post
    If you're embarrassed by a game, I think you need to find another game or a new hobby. These comments have been exhausting, get over yourselves. Your nubness is showing.
    Are you new to any kind of responsibilities? For a billion dollar company with various investors, share holders and sponsors it is embarrassing. Not just for the player you total kipper.

Here is a snippet of the next meeting-

So hey how was launch after alpha, beta, and months of testing? Oh the boat to the new island didn't work? Did you add a portal after? That broke too?? But then surely.itneas ok after? Wair no? Oh that's great we want to invest more.

Quote Originally Posted by warpath2k View Post
    Are you new to any kind of responsibilities? For a billion dollar company with various investors, share holders and sponsors it is embarrassing. Not just for the player you total kipper.

So hey how was launch after alpha, beta, and months of testing? Oh the boat to the new island didn't work? Did you add a portal after? That broke too?? But then surely.itneas ok after? Wair no? Oh that's great we want to invest more.

lol this guy is HEATED and seems privileged

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Whilst it wasn't as smooth as Shadowlands launch it could have been much worse. I was Alliance and had the boat not show, managed to get through the portal into the very laggy Waking Shores but a lot of my friends and guildies didn't. After an hour or two it smoothed out and a fair few guildies got into the Dragon Isles and didn't have any real issues until the Servers went down in the morning, when they came back up I kept being snapped back to where I had been a few minutes earlier about five times. Unfortunate timing for some Guildies who gave up at launch night and logged in to see Server Shutdown in 15:00.

Came back today, Azure Span was generally pretty laggy (low level, functionable) and since then I've had no issues. No queue times for Silvermoon EU, generally it's been pretty good. Big server so really happy with no queues. I feel like I'm not the target for their performance issues post.

blizz fix lag pls dude plsss i need to play pls god i ded

Quote Originally Posted by vaeevictiss View Post
    "unexpected"

Honestly I play every expac launch and the last time I remember it was this bad was WoD

"Unexpected"? Unexpected is right name for "We just don't want to buy servers for peak load, knowing, that they'll be empty after just 1 month".

10+ Year Old Account
    whole zone lagging while world boss is being fought? lag while simply playing chromie time? yep couldn't foresee a peak in players causing issues. is this some sort of don't ask, don't tell, don't have to confess sort of deal?

They dont do it because they know traffic will be lower after a few days, after all the hype streamers are gone and the drops stop. Be reasonable lol.

I seem to have clipped inside a wall while dragonriding to find a mining node. Now I keep getting DC'd whenever I try logging in.. GG Blizzard.

Edit: Aaaand... I seem to have found another spot that keeps disconnects me.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2022-11-30 at 06:37 AM.

Another naive summer child who has no idea about software engineering yelling waaaaH this should just work flawless when you sink enough billion dollar company resources in!

Lol yeh.. the investors are going to ask Bobby Kotick about why the boats didn't work.

Honestly past the first 30 minutes in which the boat to Waking Shore didn't spawn properly (EU Alliance side) the launch has been the smoothest I remember. No gamebreaking bugs, no server queues to rejoin the game after breaks (I play on Silvermoon, the most popular EU Alliance server), some minor lag the first couple hours, and ever since it's been all smooth sailing. Easy level 70 within 8 hours of launch, and already fully into dungeon runs with no downtime and no queues, with nothing disrupting the experience other than a couple of disconnects while mounted running into terrain (there seems to be some issue with that, some guildies reported having the same).

All in all, best expansion in a while. And so I go back to it. Keep all the baseless misinformation and vitriolic hate in check, it's scientifically proven that being constantly angry shortens your lifespan. The rest of us will be having fun in your stead.
    Last edited by Nereidaa; 2022-11-30 at 01:51 PM.