Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So half of this thread is complains about "I'm not a homophobe, but I really hate that gay people casually exist in my video games/TV/cinema/other media/in real life", did I get that right?

Quote Originally Posted by Diaphin View Post
    So half of this thread is complains about "I'm not a homophobe, but I really hate that gay people casually exist in my video games/TV/cinema/other media/in real life", did I get that right?
    Yup pretty much. It is unfortunate though for an expansion that does so many things right that it's boiled down to "there's gays here and I don't like that". What we really need in this game is some proper furry representation to really trigger people.

Quote Originally Posted by Boddhi View Post
    Better get used to it, resistance is futile.

- - - Updated - - -

Better get used to it. We will all be innocent summer childs in happyland.
    Don't you worry. I won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    Yup pretty much. It is unfortunate though for an expansion that does so many things right that it's boiled down to "there's gays here and I don't like that". What we really need in this game is some proper furry representation to really trigger people.
    Weren't you here for the entire Dragonflight Alpha? O_o Dracthyr covered that pretty well, the forum was full of complaints about soyboy furry lizards. It was majestic.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I love these pointless generalizations when something is criticized it obviously must be racism, homophobia, islamophobia or whatever. Killing every discussion, even if it's based. And it's particularly funny when I, a gay guy, is called homophobic because I feel this whole stuff feels disingenuous.
    Being gay doesn't shields you from being homophobic, it just makes it more likely that at some point in your life you try to market yourself through an ex-gay grift for catholic teleshopping.

I find it slightly overwhelming. A lot of currencies, hidden items like the 389 rings at the rep vendor that oy show up once you actually have the required rep, recipies spread all over, WQs and dailies with different timers (3hrs, 1 day, 3.5 days etc)
    And I found a lot of bugs too, by far the buggiest experience from the start of an expansion. Dungeons have too much trash, not a fan. Currently only done half the Mythics, so will see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aesahaettr View Post
    It's a very quick quest, it's barely in the spotlight.

- - - Updated - - -

And that's good for you. I'm bi. I have no issue with the quests.
    It's not that the quest with a gay couple is a spotlight, it's that the spotlight of said quest is that they're a gay couple.
    Blizzard's cutting corners again? Yare Yare Daze...

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    This thread isn't about gender identity and/or LGBT issues, so let's drop the unrelated arguments and borderline forbidden topics and return to the actual topic at hand.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Dalinos View Post
    I actually discussed this with my mates when we were on discord levelling on the day of release.

There is a pair of crafters in one of the first cities, both male. They share the same last name, yet they do not look alike, at ALL. If Blizzard had just LEFT IT AT THAT, it would've been a very clever, subtle inclusion of a gay couple. You could see their names, Miguel and Thomas White (I think White is their surname), notice how they do not look at ALL alike, and be like "Aaaaaaaaah, the clever buggers at blizzard, they put an undercover gay couple! They can't have the same last name without being brothers, yet they don't look alike at all! So they MUST be a couple! Good one Blizz, good one". That's what we agreed upon, as a group, would be the smart way to do it.

But what does Blizz do? They call each other "Husband". Straight in your face. Not a subtle inclusion, left for the player to discover on his own. Nope. Slap-bang in the middle of the fucking quest-text box. In your face.

I wouldn't have minded the under-cover gay couple of crafters in the first big city you go to. I really wouldn't. I'd even feel intelligent for figuring it out on my own, and give Blizzard an honest "well played, you got me". None of my group would have minded. But "Husband" slap bang in the middle of the quest-text box when these NPCs are explaining the new profession system to you? Nah.

Also, about the office part, I'm sure that NPC doesn't mean an actual modern office with a laptop a gaming chair and an air-conditioner. That NPC means the old-school version of the word "office", which means "An enclosed place inside a building that offers privacy, so that work (which usually has to do with parchments, reading, writing, researching, calculating etc) can peacefully take place". No gripes about the word "office" being used in WoW.

I won't even talk about the gay centaur marriage that the player is forced to witness and take part in (if you wanna get the Sojourner achievement, that is).
    What do you expect from a company that puts in a token of every gender in every long video they post?
    Most of the time they are only there for being there. They dont even talk much in comparison.

You can keep going on about how shit this is or simply accept what blizzard and in the future, america is becoming and get over it.

Why is it even a problem?
    I'm not fond of this "accept all 5828 genders" but writing so much about a single instance is kinda overkill. imho

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Apatrida View Post
    Is there a single new texture in DF? Everything feels like been there, seen that and rehashed. Yeah yo can see the modern touch compared to Wotlk but somehow it lacks a bit of the shiny new feel to me.
    Yes, almost all of them are new textures, what are you talking about?
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2022-12-01 at 12:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Quote Originally Posted by Arlette View Post
    Why does inclusion of LGBT characters have to be subtle?
    Because if you're pointing to it shouting "LOOK HERE WHAT WE DID!" it means that you didn't add it because it made sense to the story and the setting, you added it because you were trying to send a message, tick boxes or any other disingenuous reason.

I'm gay myself but I really really hate being patronized by game developers and movie creators. Fucking dare to come up with something original and something thought out instead of trying to score social justice points. It's so fucking obvious and pathetic that it's more likely to turn me off completely instead. Story always comes first, gameplay always comes first, if a political message comes first you've already failed.

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    This.

Same was said even by 2 of my gay "wow-friends" (1 of whom is married to another man). They feel like its been forcefully pushed into game.

And, it might sound a bit "strange". But I really dislike how they made some dialogues. They made them extremely childish/disneyish...
    I agree. The tone feels really different than previous expansions; not that representation is bad, but it seems to pop up everywhere especially in places where it feels forced. Heck, the entirety of the Oha'naran plains is one giant happy-fun matriarchy, but the Khan of the bad guys is male.

The Disney thing I'm getting a lot of too. People sound like things are urgent or dangerous, but they feel fundamentally unserious.
    "...just imagine if we got a Drust focussed shadowlands instead of the 3d printed robot power tier titan horseshit instead. What might have been eh?" -dope_danny

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    battlefield after a year of constant carpet bombing, i have jet to see a flat surface, craters, chasms, mountains, spikes everywhere.
    ??? Are you sure you went to the same fucking continent as us?
    Oniahran plains is literally a massive fucking field, and the azure span is literally a massive alcove of forests.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    Actizzard didn't built a single new mob skeleton since 10 years.
    This is also hilariously fucking false...
    I mean i can prove it right fucking now with.

Where this mounts skeleton from?
    i could give you easily countless examples, but i aint gunna waste time finding and linking you images of the countless new skeletons they have made in the last 10 years, let alone the last few.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2022-12-01 at 12:49 PM.

First thing I noticed was that it felt like my graphics settings had bugged and switched themselves to low. I actually opened the options to make sure everything was ok.
    Last edited by Pratt; 2022-12-01 at 01:03 PM.

Is it the best start of an expansion yet? Best one yet? I don’t get it, it been out a few days. At lest wait till you are on the same m+ grind with raids and dailies to see if it’s good.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    ...Has that even happened at all in the game?.
    Yes, countless fucking times.

I mean the most famous is literally a woman everyone knows by her being a guys wife, few people even know her actual name.
    like literally
    "Mankriks wife" is a meme in the community, and it is one of MANY situations where people are obviously named as couples

Jaina, kalethas, arthas
    All the countless married couples in wow like most of the faction leaders, what of turylon and alleria?
    Dont forget we literally take part in thralls wedding in cata?

It's a bit early to say whether the expansion is good or bad...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    This thread isn't about gender identity and/or LGBT issues, so let's drop the unrelated arguments and borderline forbidden topics and return to the actual topic at hand.
    ah just saw, apologies, but i hate this even has to be said...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pratt View Post
    First thing I noticed was that it felt like my graphics setting had bugged and switched themselves to low. I actually opened the options to make sure everything was ok.
    ???? The graphics are the highest quality they have ever been you gotta be joking.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    Too much LGTB
    Facts.

It feels like it was forced and artificially added just to say it was done, just like all of Hollywood.

TBH, I think this might be it for me and WOW. I'm just not hyped about the lore or gameplay anymore. I'll always keep tabs on what's going on as long as wow exists, but my sub runs out in 12 days and I'm already getting my affairs arranged in game (character log off placement, guild chats, any last minute things I can quickly do), then I think I'm done. I just don't feel the motivation to even login, I'd rather play something else.
    "Uh huh. So destroying southshore is meh, but camp cow is so important that you have to destroy a port city?" - Sunlily

FOR THE DARK ORDER!

Eh, other than the new talent trees and the better PvP gear system, I find it much worse than Shadowlands, or at least 9.0. Less interesting setting, less interesting plot, too light hearted, way too much LGBT crap being shoved in, 90% of characters seem to be gay. Also too much focus on professions and Dragonriding, neither of which I care about. Still, the PvP gear alone will be enough to keep me going for a while.

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    Too much LGTB for my tastes, otherwise its alright.
    I thought the dude making a gift for his husband was pretty wholesome tbh. If you can listen to the atrocity of that quest where Tyrande and Malfurion wailed out each others names endlessly in Legion you can listen to a dude call another dude sweetheart.

But I can't deny that it all felt a little jarring. That homosexuality was never anything mentioned in wow prior yet you go to the Dragon Isles and see no less than three unambiguous gay couples makes it feel like the Dragon Isles must be Azeroth's equivalent to the US' San Francisco.

It has me a little worried, not because i'm scared of non-hetero's and minorities or whatever but because it feels like it's been a while since i've seen a character in this game that's made me stop and go, "wow, he/she is fucking cool". And i'm starting to feel like it must be that what the new people in blizzard offices think is cool and what the old people in blizzard offices thought was cool, that drew me to the game in the first place, are two completely different things.
    Last edited by Beastiel; 2022-12-01 at 01:09 PM.