Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Please come back to this thread in 3-4 months and say the same thing, OP.
    Opinion about xpack released 2 days ago with new content is totally not valid to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    That's because it has been forcefully pushed into the game. I'm not sure what's going on over there in the US but it's starting to ruin all avenues of entertainment. There is absolutely nothing wrong with including a proportional amount of diversity where it makes sense, but lately they've been going way too far to where it doesn't make sense for the setting and ruins the immersion. You can't apply modern (and some times regional) values to all settings, especially not historical ones where we actually know how things went down. There were no asian vikings for example so including them in a show or a game about vikings would just be factually wrong.
    Super well said.
    Sad reality about almost everything new (games, movies etc.) in current times.
    Last edited by Mendzia; 2022-12-01 at 01:22 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beastiel View Post
    I thought the dude making a gift for his husband was pretty wholesome tbh. If you can listen to the atrocity of that quest where Tyrande and Malfurion wailed out each others names endlessly in Legion you can listen to a dude call another dude sweetheart.

But I can't deny that it all felt a little jarring. That homosexuality was never anything mentioned in wow prior yet you go to the Dragon Isles and see no less than three unambiguous gay couples makes it feel like the Dragon Isles must be Azeroth's equivalent to the US' San Francisco.
    Dont forget literally thralls wedding, or a whole quest so famous it became a meme only known as mankriks wife.
    also it was mentioned in ardenweald, one of the prior warriors of elune gets us to help him save his husband.
    and before that we had a book detailed mathias shaw and flynn, but i think thats it.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2022-12-01 at 01:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    That's because it has been forcefully pushed into the game. I'm not sure what's going on over there in the US but it's starting to ruin all avenues of entertainment. There is absolutely nothing wrong with including a proportional amount of diversity where it makes sense, but lately they've been going way too far to where it doesn't make sense for the setting and ruins the immersion. You can't apply modern (and some times regional) values to all settings, especially not historical ones where we actually know how things went down. There were no asian vikings for example so including them in a show or a game about vikings would just be factually wrong.
    This this this this this 500%. Pure facts.

USA is doing everything possible to kill entertainment media and ruin everything to be PC, and no creativity. It really is despicable and very sad actually. The world is changing, and not for the better.

I'd spam upvote u if I could. But no like button lol
    Last edited by Unseen Guest; 2022-12-01 at 01:21 PM.
    "Uh huh. So destroying southshore is meh, but camp cow is so important that you have to destroy a port city?" - Sunlily

FOR THE DARK ORDER!

Quote Originally Posted by Arlette View Post
    Yes...it is.

This is the exact same bullshit as, "Well as long as those queers hide in their houses when they're together and I don't have to see it, then I guess they can exist."

And yes I'm talking about forbidden issues because this disgusting thread deserves to be locked. I'm so glad the mods have just let multiple people spout hatred without any intervention.
    Get a grip, jesus...

Not everyone wants the same shit you see on tv and advertising forced down their throats in every avenue just so the publisher can be like "LOOK GUYS, WE'RE HIP AND UP TO DATE WITH CURRENT AGENDAS AND AGREE WITH THEM TOO! TOTALLY NOT BECAUSE WE WANT EXTRA MONEY FROM PROFITING ON INCLUSION".

Everyone knows diversity exists in the world and people are different, we DON'T need to be constantly bent over and shafted by it.

Fuckin' LMAO @ all the snowflakes pulling their hair out over "the gays"
    Welcome to the real world, cunts.

Edit: On topic, I'm really enjoying the expansion so far aside from a handful of tiny gripes which tbh don't even have anything to do with gameplay or anything. I'm level 68 atm so no idea what the end-game is going to be like but for the first time in years I'm actually looking forward to world content and professions instead of just raiding.
    Also, Dragonriding has been extremely fun for me, but I can see the novelty wearing off eventually if there's no end-game support for it, I really hope it's something they bring to the flying system as a whole at some point in the future.
    Last edited by JMitchy96; 2022-12-01 at 01:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Idk, but I'm gay now because of this expansion.

Seriously, it's not worth more than an eyeroll if you don't like the inclusion of some largely insignificant gay-flavored bits. Move along.

OT, the expansion is far too new to pass any summary judgment on. I do like the new continent thematically. Some classes feel unfinished or incomplete. The dungeons are a mixed bag.

Kinda like every other expansion, less than a week in.
    Thanks for the ad-hominem; it supports your inability to support your argument.

Can we appreciate Valdrakken as a capital hub though? Sure, coming off Oribos will instantly make anything look better but I honestly feels like it combines the best parts of the capital hubs from the past, like the high fantasy feel of Dalaran but with the scope of Suramar/Boralus for example.

Sure it's early and we might get bored of it in 2 years but I love it so far.

Immersion is always good until you realize the story you're in doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlette View Post
    Yes...it is.

This is the exact same bullshit as, "Well as long as those queers hide in their houses when they're together and I don't have to see it, then I guess they can exist."

And yes I'm talking about forbidden issues because this disgusting thread deserves to be locked. I'm so glad the mods have just let multiple people spout hatred without any intervention.
    I mean it is a gaming forum, do you expect people who regularly post on a gaming forum to not be incels?

I agree with you to be clear, but I wonder what you think about mods on such forums.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    Can we appreciate Valdrakken as a capital hub though? Sure, coming off Oribos will instantly make anything look better but I honestly feels like it combines the best parts of the capital hubs from the past, like the high fantasy feel of Dalaran but with the scope of Suramar/Boralus for example.

Sure it's early and we might get bored of it in 2 years but I love it so far.
    Even if we get bored of how it looks, it's the most convenient city we've ever had. Cata SW/Org MAY come close, but I was so tired of those cities even back then, even post update.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    i like dragons just chilling there, even banker is a goddamn dragon guarding piles of gold

Only played a few hours but so far questing is worlds better than SL or BFA, and I think a large part of that is due to so far not feeling the story is split between factions/groups. I'm hopeful it stays good.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

I still remember that depraved and deranged furry bestiality romance from Ardenweald (seriously, who fantasizes about deer on horse romance? Jesus Christ).

I can't say I'm surprised by Blizzard continuing with the woke agenda, given how they have been in a PR nightmare for more than a year.

Quote Originally Posted by neik View Post
    Personal flavors aside.

It seems that they went to drawing board and nailed it. Where would you start at this point? Whatever gives you the kick. To me is the simple yet profound changes that makes huge difference. Especially things that allows you to have some powerhouse plays (including talent tree generocity).

Anyway, going to approach this expansion with more positive look, since positive thinking has been benefiting me greatly lately.
    Yeah, but you forget its 2022. Everyone is angry about something. Everyone hates, dislikes or can not say anything positive.

Just had a discussion about dragonflying on this forum.

Person went on and on about how i support timegating. while i said some like it some do not :P.

But on subject. I love it so far.

Not so far in proffesions. Who kinda look like a chore. So been reading up on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tsyplenk View Post
    Get a grip, jesus...

Not everyone wants the same shit you see on tv and advertising forced down their throats in every avenue just so the publisher can be like "LOOK GUYS, WE'RE HIP AND UP TO DATE WITH CURRENT AGENDAS AND AGREE WITH THEM TOO! TOTALLY NOT BECAUSE WE WANT EXTRA MONEY FROM PROFITING ON INCLUSION".

Everyone knows diversity exists in the world and people are different, we DON'T need to be constantly bent over and shafted by it.
    How are you shafted by it exactly? All its doing is showing you that gay couples exist, just like straight couples. This game has had a million quests to find someone's lost love, wedding rings, actual weddings, but one xpac has a gay wedding and some guy call another guy husband and people are like "DON'T FORCE THIS DOWN OUR THROATS UGHGHGHGHHGHGH".

It's childish and comical. The whole point of "representation" and "inclusion" is for people to eventually not react because its normal. IF you think this agenda is new, its not. Gay people have been around since forever. Stop being weird.

I think DF is the FIRST step in the right direction. But ultimately at this point, its like playing a beta. They went back to the drawing board, and now is where they begin to try and discover what type of game they want to be. It wasn't enough to draw me in, but id be willing to take a look at the next expac and see if theres a reason worth coming back for. No disrespect to anyone playing DF, but I want to see more than just the removal of borrowed power and talent trees. The dev team needs to innovate again and make the game interesting to truly be back where WoW should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundering View Post
    Same old retail.

Dungeons are short and boring.
    Raids are raids.
    Open world is Beautiful but boring.
    Dragonflight is boring.

The only real improvement is the new talent tree.

the worst zone is ohn plaines.
    And yet, you felt the need to let everyone know how little you like the game and how it's been a while since you have enjoyed it. Why?
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

It's a step in the right direction from what I've seen. We are still in the honeymoon phase of DF however, and Shadowlands looked okay at that point too. Not great, but okay.

I will reserve judgment for a couple of months. I find myself cautiously optimistic however.

It is objectively odd that for a game that very rarely touches on relationships, and when it does it does so usually in out of game media, that we've had more relationships in the questing experience than we've had in the entire game beforehand and they're all gay. Whether you think them having such topics in the game is appropriate or not - it clearly is pandering after the accusations; frankly it's insulting to actual gay people

The bigger issue for me was the VA - why do people talk like they're pixar characters? There were elements of it with lady moonberry but plenty of NPCs in Dragonflight sound extremely softly spoken and almost afraid to speak; look at Khadgar and Kalecgos especially - remember how Kalecgos sounded in the Sunwell or the Tarecgosa quest? Now he stutters over himself like a 14 year old talking to their crush, it's really odd

On the flipside other VAs are the best the game has ever had - Sindragosa being a good example of that

One final thing, the Thalyssra and Lor'themar conversation might be the most poorly constructed dialogue in the game and literally reads like a bad fanfic, keep that shit in the comics no one reads

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Verbatim View Post
    It's a step in the right direction from what I've seen. We are still in the honeymoon phase of DF however, and Shadowlands looked okay at that point too. Not great, but okay.

I will reserve judgment for a couple of months. I find myself cautiously optimistic however.
    Everyone with half a brain knew shadowlands was shit the moment it hit PTR

I'm not realizing how putatively good the expansion is, because I'm not playing it, and did not play it on test servers. I have to say nothing I've seen makes me think I'd find it particularly good if I did play it. There's no hook drawing me back.

"We grudgingly got rid of some of that annoying shit" is not really a hook.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Mechagnome
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    This thread isn't about gender identity and/or LGBT issues, so let's drop the unrelated arguments and borderline forbidden topics and return to the actual topic at hand.
    uh, yeah it is? we're talking about about early impressions of the new expansion. There's a very prominent gay couple and it was a very deliberate choice to put these characters in the game and make quests that involve their relationship. This discussion is all completely relevant provided we're talking about it's existence within the game. You're being unreasonable and borderline moronic.