10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    A power struggle could happen, we'd have to be cautious about it incase it's a hardline win or worse full on balkanization. While a fracturing of Russian Federation isn't going to cause me any tears, even as someone who feels for the sake of the world we need to remove borders peacefully and democratically. The world really doesn't need a situation where dozens of States are fighting each other with their mini kadyrovs and some getting hold of Russian WMDs, and not just Yuppie's favourite word.
    Of course, but there's a not insignificant chance that the moderate faction wins purely because that brings stability back and will lead to resumption of trade.

Balkanization seems a given though, since certain factions *cough* Kadyrov *cough* are loyal to putin only not to anyone else they may throw their lot in with others but only as long as it is useful to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    Not really sure what this has to do with dual citizenship, other than some people living in other nations may also have citizenship in another nation. But oh noooooooooooooooo someone talked badly about your country! What ever will you dooooooooooo. Time to blame dual citizenship.

Get some fucking perspective my guy. We live in a globalized world. It's not going back unless every technology discovered in the last 200 years vanishes. I spent a portion of my life living almost exclusively in a nation that wasn't my native nation for years due to work. The politics there directly affected me, but I wasn't able to do anything about it. Many other people will spend half their time in one nation and half their time in another. When you're able to travel to the literal other side of the planet in 16 hours, people are gonna move around a lot. Get over it.
    I don't need to get over it. And people like you are part of the problem. Once you install a world government what you say is true. Until then this is just your opinion. And dual citizenships are a bad idea just as statelessness is. For actually pretty much similar reasons, too. Legal uncertainty, unforseen consequences and the likes.

So, how about you actually read what I said before you start ranting on about some unrelated bullshit and disrespect my post with your childish antics.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well this is interesting a bit:

News never mentioned that soldiers from other countrys that came to help were bombed in their camps.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    Well this is interesting a bit:

News never mentioned that soldiers from other countrys that came to help were bombed in their camps.
    is that guy legit or a bullshit merchant?

cant be bothered to dig into him. But i've seen plenty of 'volunteers' who are soliciting donations living in lviv or kyiv (or worse poland) and the closest thing they are seeing to action is when they spent the donation money at brothels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    is that guy legit or a bullshit merchant?

cant be bothered to dig into him. But i've seen plenty of 'volunteers' who are soliciting donations living in lviv or kyiv (or worse poland) and the closest thing they are seeing to action is when they spent the donation money at brothels.
    He looks legit on 1.st look. At least media wouldnt allow a few cenzor things here.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Yunru View Post
    those attacks where widely reported on though. it happened a while ago.
    https://nltimes.nl/2022/03/13/dutch-...estern-ukraine
    https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...rican-fighters
    https://www.timesofisrael.com/russia...n-mercenaries/

Just google "foreign fighter Ukraine missile attack"
    Last edited by P for Pancetta; 2022-12-01 at 03:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Iphie View Post
    I mean, what are they gonna do?
    Seethe & Cope.

some brutal footage about of russian corpses that have been abanoned. One had his corpse absolutely picked clean by local wild life, alot of beheaded by explosions and burn to a crisp heads and a dog eating a corpse in a building.

Russian troops are spending winter being trained at local airsoft clubs, begging to get gear so they dont freeze and begging for food.

Ukranian troops are getting trained in NATO countries (special forces in USA) and getting top notch gear.

Gonna be alot more Russian corpses in the meat grinder next spring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonnysensible View Post
    some brutal footage about of russian corpses that have been abanoned. One had his corpse absolutely picked clean by local wild life, alot of beheaded by explosions and burn to a crisp heads and a dog eating a corpse in a building.

Russian troops are spending winter being trained at local airsoft clubs, begging to get gear so they dont freeze and begging for food.

Ukranian troops are getting trained in NATO countries (special forces in USA) and getting top notch gear.

Gonna be alot more Russian corpses in the meat grinder next spring.
    Western guestimates are about 100k dead russians dur to exposure over the winter months and I just realise that doesn't seem to include combat losses...

(Scary detail? russian sources apparently work with similar numbers.)

The funniest cope I've seen this far is that the vatniks think that the huge losses have evolved their military through natural selection, and the remaining troops are The Shit yo.

Western guestimates are about 100k dead russians dur to exposure over the winter months and I just realise that doesn't seem to include combat losses...

(Scary detail? russian sources apparently work with similar numbers.)
    Insane numbers. At what point will Russia start to run out of meat to thrown into the grinder? After everyone between 18 and 40 is dead?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    The funniest cope I've seen this far is that the vatniks think that the huge losses have evolved their military through natural selection, and the remaining troops are The Shit yo.
    It's not entirely wrong of course, those who survive are more likely to stay alive due to experience, but that's nothing a little saturation bombing won't solve.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not entirely wrong of course, those who survive are more likely to stay alive due to experience, but that's nothing a little saturation bombing won't solve.
    Even that isn't particularly useful to Russia when they're not rotating people with extensive combat experience back home to serve as instructors for mobiks, and that is something Russia isn't doing to any great extent as far as we know.

Any mobik who has looted his frozen comrade's coat is that much more likely to make it through winter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zealo View Post
    Even that isn't particularly useful to Russia when they're not rotating people with extensive combat experience back home to serve as instructors for mobiks, and that is something Russia isn't doing to any great extent as far as we know.
    Absolutely correct, they apparently started a NCO academy last year to finally have a corps of sergeants to teach new recruits. A bit late...

Also, putin is open to talks I suppose that's what happens when you get your teeth kicked in, and, unless a precondition is that russia is no longer on Ukrainian territory, Ukraine should obviously be very wary.

Absolutely correct, they apparently started a NCO academy last year to finally have a corps of sergeants to teach new recruits. A bit late...

Also, putin is open to talks I suppose that's what happens when you get your teeth kicked in, and, unless a precondition is that russia is no longer on Ukrainian territory, Ukraine should obviously be very wary.
    Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov struck a dovish tone when asked about Biden's remarks, saying that Putin remained open to negotiations but that Russia would not pull out of Ukraine.
    "The president of the Russian Federation has always been, is and remains open to negotiations in order to ensure our interests," Peskov told reporters.
    No point in talking while Russia is refusing to leave Ukraine.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Putin must realise that the only part he's going to negotiate is going to be the x in the statement "all Russian troops withdraw from Ukraine territory, Russia recognises the full extent of Ukraine's sovereign borders (including Crimea) and Russia pays $xbn towards the cost of rebuilding Ukraine"

There might also be an extra "and Russia doesn't whine when Ukraine joins NATO". Because we all know that Russia can't be trusted to hold up their side of whatever ceasefire terms they sign up to.

Because the alternative is Putin carries on pretending this is a war he can win until his entire country collapses. Or until someone gets the chance to introduce him to window induced food poisoning.
    When challenging a Kzin, a simple scream of rage is sufficient. You scream and you leap.
    Quote Originally Posted by George Carlin
    Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Douglas Adams
    It is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it... anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.

No, they're just shit.