Quote Originally Posted by banmebaby View Post
    Fucking hell, I love this thread.
    It is Schrodinger's game. It is both similar and vastly different at the exact same time.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    GTA 5 and its online are no different for each other, while star citizens 2 games are very different.
    SQ42 and SC are essentially one game, SQ42 is going to be ready first anyway,.
    This is what happens when years keep flying by and desperation starts settling in.
    Last edited by banmebaby; 2022-12-02 at 01:44 PM.
    Ahahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by kosajk View Post
    again you are right but now they get enough money for really low effort
    releasing game is not that easy you need to have enough quality, customer support, enough content and work on new one on timley maner
    not mentioning anty cheat/bot security
    i may be mistaken as my hype train is long gone on this but its most of things this company dont have at the moment
    they have a loot of promisies and years in development while selling ships in game that is bascially not yet there
    Most of the ships are ingame and flyable, only some of the larger ships that need gameplay loops are not available, CiG are putting a ton of effort in the development in the game, when 3.18 hits you should try it out, the game will have even more content to do in the next few weeks or so and 4.0 next year for pyro will expand it even further.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

You obviously dont know what checkmate means, a released alpha version of a game is not the same as a fully released title.
    I love how the game is both released and unreleased, based on the narrative you want to make at any given point of time. You bring more entertainment to Star Citizen than Cloud Imperium itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    I love how the game is both released and unreleased, based on the narrative you want to make at any given point of time. You bring more entertainment to Star Citizen than Cloud Imperium itself.
    Its a simple concept to understand, we have a currently playable game to play and test, do you not understand what an alpha is, its an early version of the game thats currently being developed, its not the live version, until the game is live its not fully released.

15+ Year Old Account
    Most of the ships are ingame and flyable, only some of the larger ships that need gameplay loops are not available, CiG are putting a ton of effort in the development in the game, when 3.18 hits you should try it out, the game will have even more content to do in the next few weeks or so and 4.0 next year for pyro will expand it even further.
    nah i will wait for final launch if not this thread i would forget about it anyway
    11 years is pretty long time for hype train to ride around

ps you are defending it cause you put some money in or they made some significant progress actually, there is some playable part outside of jumping around stations and your ships?

ps2 warframe have some nice space sim build in although its more around kiling things with frames but there is space ship thing to so its somewhat satysfaing and etleast its here, working and its pretty cheap :P
    Last edited by kosajk; 2022-12-02 at 02:29 PM.

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

nah i will wait for final launch if not this thread i would forget about it anyway
    11 years is pretty long time for hype train to ride around

ps you are defending it cause you put some money in or they made some significant progress actually, there is some playable part outside of jumping around stations and your ships?

ps2 warframe have some nice space sim build in although its more around kiling things with frames but there is space ship thing to so its somewhat satysfaing and etleast its here, working and its pretty cheap :P
    When was the last time you tried it, there is a ton of ground content added in the past several patches, you can loot gear and do all sorts, even more ground locations and salvage getting implemented in a few weeks, along with soft death mechanic where the ship doesnt blow up it becomes non flyable.

I base any game of what i can test and what i have tested is pretty good overall.

15+ Year Old Account
    When was the last time you tried it, there is a ton of ground content added in the past several patches, you can loot gear and do all sorts, even more ground locations and salvage getting implemented in a few weeks, along with soft death mechanic where the ship doesnt blow up it becomes non flyable.

I base any game of what i can test and what i have tested is pretty good overall.
    yea i have seen ground content riding throught city and so on but thats nice to eye and you still bring things that will be in game in "near future" :P

you can shoot to something/gather things and have any involwing gameplay outside of watching nice views atm or not?
    if you cant interact with world, craft and work on your char development beside equiping some items from shop/vendor in 11 years developed game with ~350 mln $ budget then we have an issue here

its funy how its easier to actually scam ppls than make them realise that they been scamed ;P
    i admire their "buisnes model" tho
    Last edited by kosajk; 2022-12-02 at 03:44 PM.

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Scale is everything, GTA 5 and its online are no different for each other, while star citizens 2 games are very different.
    which are?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

yea i have seen ground content riding throught city and so on but thats nice to eye and you still bring things that will be in game in "near future" :P

you can shoot to something/gather things and have any involwing gameplay outside of watching nice views atm or not?
    if you cant interact with world, craft and work on your char development beside equiping some items from shop/vendor in 11 years developed game with ~350 mln $ budget then we have an issue here

its funy how its easier to actually scam ppls than make them realise that they been scamed ;P
    i admire their "buisnes model" tho
    Its not just nice to the eye things, its actual content with missions to do at many different locations, derelicts and such, you really have not tried the game in that long and clearly have no clue about how the game actually is currently, also this game will never have traditional character development, skill is all on yourself and you can make your own goals so no issues at all there.

Its not just nice to the eye things, its actual content with missions to do at many different locations, derelicts and such, you really have not tried the game in that long and clearly have no clue about how the game actually is currently, also this game will never have traditional character development, skill is all on yourself and you can make your own goals so no issues at all there.
    You mean the missions where NPC just stand still because the server can't handle processing their behaviour?
    OR you mean clicking corpses?

There isn't any content actually, there aren't much around.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    which are?
    SQ42 you are a soldier you can only do one thing and follow the story, you are not flying around the universe in SQ42 you are just there for the war, SC MMO you have a whole universe at your fingers to choose whatever you want to do, two completely different games, not a hard concept to grasp, GTA 5 the gameplay in the story is the same as everything you do in online mode.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bebethebebe View Post
    You mean the missions where NPC just stand still because the server can't handle processing their behaviour?
    OR you mean clicking corpses?

There isn't any content actually, there aren't much around.
    Content is content regardless of it working properly at the time or not, so whats your main account since you obviously didnt just happen to come into MMO champ to talk BS about SC by chance, did you get tired of no responses.

SQ42 you are a soldier you can only do one thing and follow the story, you are not flying around the universe in SQ42 you are just there for the war, SC MMO you have a whole universe at your fingers to choose whatever you want to do, two completely different games, not a hard concept to grasp, GTA 5 the gameplay in the story is the same as everything you do in online mode.

- - - Updated - - -

Content is content regardless of it working properly at the time or not, so whats your main account since you obviously didnt just happen to come into MMO champ to talk BS about SC by chance, did you get tired of no responses.
    my other accounts are banned so noneed to mention them.
    And talking BS is the only thing me and Chris Roberts can do, we both do what we do best.

Quote Originally Posted by Bebethebebe View Post
    my other accounts are banned so noneed to mention them.
    And talking BS is the only thing me and Chris Roberts can do, we both do what we do best.
    I think he believes that you are my alt account.

I “trolled” him, aka, quote his constant contradictions, without a way to answer them, he got upset and supposedly blocked me, thus little remark: “did you get tired of no responses”, even though he has responded to my posts multiple times after making the claim =S But he does like to point it out time to time anyway =D
    Ahahahaha!

Quote Originally Posted by Yelmurc View Post
    Few SC videos in case anyone is interest in the new ships or the ship pipeline.

Drake Cutter and 600i Rework

Hour long talk about the ship pipeline.

RSI Galaxy and Anvil C8R

If you're interested in the RSI Polaris next Thursday, they will be talking about its rework on Inside Star Citizen
    Never heard of this game before and the top video was just very enjoyable to watch, the guys seemed super passionate about the game, some unreal details going into it and just a very positive vibe so watched a starter guide, realized its a full on p2w game with some ships costing 90 dollars lmao.
    Instant turn off, instant garbage game for me.

- - - Updated - - -

It doesnt matter if a company has released a game or not, ppl here are trying to say how long its taking to develop is too long, when there are other games just taken as long to develop. There is no timescale on how long a game should take to develop, it takes as long as it takes or you get half assed buggy games for a year or 2 after release.

Do you not follow development server meshing 1st version is coming with pyro next year.
    Standard development time for major AAA titles is about 2 to 5 years. Same for wow, same for gta, same for any game. Or the cost of development vs ROI doesn't add up.
    GTA is different because GTAV is making them so much money it doesn't make sense to release gta 6, it never did.
    Rockstar have also released like 6 games in that time same time frame.

Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    its a full on p2w game with some ships costing 90 dollars lmao
    Lol, 90 dollars? Dude, Javelin costs 3,000$ ;D

But I recommend just buying a Legatus pack, best deal you can ever make.
    Ahahahaha!

its a full on p2w game with some ships costing 90 dollars lmao.
    It is P2W to a certain extent. Bigger ships have more HP and firepower than smaller ships, but you're not supposed to be fighting small ships with a bigger ship. Bigger ships are sluggish, so if a big ship only has one player on board, the pilot, then it doesn't matter if they have a ton of firepower. They will never line up a shot on a smaller ship. The pilot of a bigger ship could bring along additional players to man the turrets so he could actually kill a small ship, but that isn't very much different than if those players had each brought their own small ships and ganked that small ship player anyway. A big ship is going to make much more profit fighting other big ships anyway, so big ships have no reason to engage small ships. Small ships aren't going to be able to penetrate a big ship's shield and hull before running out of ammo so again, no reason for the small vs big ship matchup to happen in the first place. So owning a $3,000 Javelin doesn't mean you're going to beat a guy in his $45 Aurora. You two are simply never going to fight each other in the first place.

What you do have is some P2W within the same weight class. If you have a $180 Super Hornet, you're going to eviscerate most other small ships in the game. But not all ships are meant for pure space combat like the Super Hornet. Some ships like the 350r are meant for racing. The Cutter is designed for cargo hauling. And so on.

Right now, the only ship that is very obviously P2Wish is the $300 Eclipse, a small bomber with torpedoes that can one shot anything up to a capital, and can two or three shot capitals. That is the only ship in the game that can punch beyond its own weight class. It can only carry three torpedoes and rearming is very expensive, so you're not supposed to be fighting other small or medium sized ships. It is meant for fleet battles, but those can't happen in the current game right now (the Javelin and Idris can only be flown by NPCs right now), so the Eclipse is used for farming big NPC bandit ships like the Hammerhead.

- - - Updated - - -

I suppose the other form of P2W was LTI. Earlier on in the project's lifespan, Chris Roberts promised early backers that their ships would get Lifetime Insurance, so you could never lose your ship (whereas ships without LTI can be lost forever if they were uninsured when they blew up, including ships you bought with real money). LTI was highly valued by the community, but later on I think it was changed to not actually be lifetime insurance, just that you wouldn't have to pay as much for the insurance. Right now insurance hasn't been implemented ingame so if you blow up your ship, you can just respawn it in a few minutes at any space station, and you only lose it when a server reset happens.

Never heard of this game before and the top video was just very enjoyable to watch, the guys seemed super passionate about the game, some unreal details going into it and just a very positive vibe so watched a starter guide, realized its a full on p2w game with some ships costing 90 dollars lmao.
    Instant turn off, instant garbage game for me.

Standard development time for major AAA titles is about 2 to 5 years. Same for wow, same for gta, same for any game. Or the cost of development vs ROI doesn't add up.
    GTA is different because GTAV is making them so much money it doesn't make sense to release gta 6, it never did.
    Rockstar have also released like 6 games in that time same time frame.
    You dont Win a game just by owning ships, most ships require other ppl to actually use them, SC is a game where you are strongly encouraged to play with others.

There is no standard development time, GTA 6 taking 10-12 years, cyberpunk 9 years, RDR2 9 years to PC, 8 years for starfield, so plenty of cases of long development cycles and those are primarily single player games with online bolted on, SC is 2 games a single player campaign and large scale MMO, so not many games actually take 5 years, only glorified DLC companies can make within 5 years, WoW expansion is glorified DLC.

15+ Year Old Account
    What's the current release date at?
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    What's the current release date at?
    In a perpetual state of 2-3 years off.