Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarx View Post
    I play Dragonflight for the whole day and I don't see any people in the Open world zones . It's so boring it's like dead world exactly like play a solo game .
    Anyone else got the same problem ?
    The opposite... I was raging just yesterday night over the fact some quests collections are not phased and they disappear after one person loots them. There was 5 spawns and 10 ppl trying to get them...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Blizz made TONS of shards to deal with the massive influx of players, this helped on launch, and is still active because the highest pop servers are still obscene, but it could really be lowered for the rest.
    Not once had a queue this expansion, it feels weird. I'm on one of the highest pop horde realms.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    Yes everything is sharded to oblivion. You barely see other people as a result despite playing on a huge server.

If I wanted to be alone I'd play on a dead server.
    Much better then lagging to oblivion and waiting on every respawn because hundreds of people are doing the same quests I am doing, isn't it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    First day of the expansion, cries about lag on overpopulated zones.

Fourth day of the expansion, complaints about too many shards to prevent said lag.

Love it.
    Indeed. Typical.

10+ Year Old Account
    I play Dragonflight for the whole day and I don't see any people in the Open world zones . It's so boring it's like dead world exactly like play a solo game .
    It feel like playing FFXIV campaign, this is something I enjoyed actually.

I have played with many random people, saved them from dying, or they saved me when I got too ambitious and pulled too many mobs.

On launch we were a legion exterminating everything, now it's a more balanced pop/layer ratio.
    Zul'Jin died for our sins.
    --
    My Loa are smiling at me infidel. can you say the same?

eh considering the first day for me on Stormrage was nothing but world server-down issues, I'd say they needed more sharding not less. Playing recently its nice not being overcrowded. and fighting for mobs/items.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

yeah i haven seen less than 5 people when lvling.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladey Gags View Post
    they way overdid the sharding. there's probably hundreds of shards per zone per server. it's awful, but typical blizz fashion
    Absolutely this, and I don't blame them after the shitshow that was the first few hours of launch day/night. I'd imagine they'll start to pull back on the sharding once the numbers start to stabilise.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JMitchy96 View Post
    Absolutely this, and I don't blame them after the shitshow that was the first few hours of launch day/night. I'd imagine they'll start to pull back on the sharding once the numbers start to stabilise.
    I hope so because right now the game feels desolate. I think I see 1-3 people each time I play across zones and hubs. It really feels dead.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lochton View Post
    You don't see people in the open world? How?!

I see them at any time of the day I'm logged in. Either they are on the ground as I pass above, or above as I and others pass below. You also have to remember that the zones are quite big, and there is so much to do for people. Either they are doing races, supply hunting, reputation farming, WQ running, questing, leveling, or dungeon queueing right at the location (Thought the Classic vibing people would love that), some even started Mythic dungeons to get ready for the seasons - and don't forget the few Pet Battlelers I've seen.

Playing on a low-population server or just experiencing the sharding which has been common for years at the release of expansions and will be disabled?
    It's most likely the sharding. I'm on Stormscale EU, not a small server, and I at most see 1-3 people around out in the world or in hubs/cities. It's so lonely.

At launch the zep was filled with players, but the moment I arrived at Waking Shore there was only 2 other people with me in the entire starting area. Made the entire place seem like a dead server and it has been like that ever since for me.
    Last edited by Pakheth; 2022-12-02 at 09:17 PM.

Yeah it really sucks. I hope it is phasing but who can say for sure and how long the phasing is going to last.

I want to participate in the dragon riding races but there’s no one in the zones. I can do a /who and see people listed but if I fly around.. not a soul. Feels so barren.

ya, the world feels empty. i get why they do shards, but its makes the world feel empty. my covenant zones, right now, have more players than DF zones do right now. they have already made group tapping a thing, why have soo many shards?

i wish this was my experience,i hate having to deal with many people around,as long as the actual group activities have people thats all that matters,the open world can be baren,im the hero here,all i need is the mobs and the npc's lul

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    First day of the expansion, cries about lag on overpopulated zones.

Fourth day of the expansion, complaints about too many shards to prevent said lag.

Love it.
    imagine being competent enough to strike a balance,you do know there is a such a place that isnt either thausands of players in one place or none at all

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    i wish this was my experience,i hate having to deal with many people around,as long as the actual group activities have people thats all that matters,the open world can be baren,im the hero here,all i need is the mobs and the npc's lul

- - - Updated - - -

imagine being competent enough to strike a balance,you do know there is a such a place that isnt either thausands of players in one place or none at all
    There is no other game that deals with the same influx of players as wow does - especially on new expansion day. You have absolutely no idea what it takes to even make sharding in the first place. Why must people speak on subjects they have absolutely no idea about?

I love it. If I wanted to be around other players I would be doing group content. For basic questing I feel more immersed with nobody else around.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    I have definitely seen people and encountered them, but honestly I was more annoyed of people being around in the questing areas. Of course it is however cool seeing other people in the towns/hubs.

WoW's leveling has been designed as a largely solo experience where you can take your friends along since at least Wrath, so it's a bit surprising that this feels weird to you when it's been this way for ~15 years. And I am honestly fine with that (yes I know WoW is an MMO and just FYI most MMO's originally had solo leveling too).

I like questing alone at my own pace (for immersion and to fully experience the story) or just doing it with friends. Fighting for spawns and being grouped up and playing at a different pace you like, like it was in Classic, is definitely not fun and just toxic.
    Not anymore with the way mob tagging is implemented. All kill/share quests you can help other players, even opposite faction. It's fun.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yea I occasionally see a person here or there. At max level its a little better, but during leveling you don't see anyone. They definitely should relax on the sharding.

Phasing is one of the reasons, once everyone is max level and finished the storylines you're going to see a lot more people in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    I have definitely seen people and encountered them, but honestly I was more annoyed of people being around in the questing areas. Of course it is however cool seeing other people in the towns/hubs.

WoW's leveling has been designed as a largely solo experience where you can take your friends along since at least Wrath, so it's a bit surprising that this feels weird to you when it's been this way for ~15 years. And I am honestly fine with that (yes I know WoW is an MMO and just FYI most MMO's originally had solo leveling too).

I like questing alone at my own pace (for immersion and to fully experience the story) or just doing it with friends. Fighting for spawns and being grouped up and playing at a different pace you like, like it was in Classic, is definitely not fun and just toxic.
    leveling has been broken for 15 years. and they break it more every time they try to fix it. in videos i see a lot of the zones have a lot of natural barriers like hills, cliffs, etc., that make areas seem very small. a good MMO leveling zone is wide open like Barrens or Westfall so the odds of meeting people are higher. But that is far down the list of issues that need to be corrected to improve social.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

For me this was the best launch ever. No waiting for respawns, no fighting the respawn 3 times over, no one trains me their rubbish, no Xxxroflcoopters with bondage mog jumping around you, no lag/fps loss because of a sea of clipping morons. The only reason I see how anyone could actually enjoy overcrowded zones is if they can't kill shit on their own.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

MMOs haven't had group leveling experiences since... EQ and FFXI I think?

While it probably makes the world seem a little less alive, I greatly appreciate the lack of chaff when questing with friends. Most of these modern quests are really designed to only support 1-2 little groups at once.

I'd love to see some kind of support for stronger group leveling though. Especially if it lets me opt out of story. Nice expansion, but story is worse than ever and I'm tired of hearing the same 2-3 voice actors talk to themselves.

Retail sharding is dogshit. The layering they use for Classic is so much better.