• No opinion/Haven't played yet

67 9.81%
  • Won't be purchasing

51 7.47%
Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Aren't you fatigued the slightest? From the same grind over and over and over again? Babying something for 2 years only to throw it away and strat again in the net expac? We've been doing this since WoD if you think about it with the ring upgrading.
    I didn't participate in AP grind but if someone were to tell me that there's a new artifact to level up, I'd immediately unsub, uninstall, and never look back.
    Imo there are things that can be evergreen content, or can be elongated, but some things need to be kept fresh, or players will tire out. I don't mind shitty content if it's quickly over. But if someone wants me to farm something for years, then that shit must be good.
    Mostly it's because of the guild and habit. Sunk cost fallacy and all.

In my defense, raidlogging twice a week for 3 hours that's practically 90% of the gaming I do nowadays, if not 100%. Of course start of expansion boost of activity, but I fully expect myself be back to raidlogging a two-three weeks after mythic raid is out.

As you have noted in your pretty good post - there is little point to anything in DF anyway the moment M+/raid unlocks. Unless you want them shit colored horse people clothes.

Why is there alot of posts rating the expansion ?
    people on these forums need to understand that world content isn't everything...

give it at least 3-4 weeks of raiding/pvp/m+ first lawl

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lordofbelbol View Post
    While I myself set "no opinion" - I can already tell you - raiding and dungeons will be lit. It's one thing WoW does great and Blizz is smart enough to try to fix what's not broken there.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    For a first week, likely 8/10.
    The world is amazing, the questing/levelling experience was close to my personal peak of WoD, the dungeons are exciting, Dragonriding is fun and Profession are interesting. I'm concerned about how relevant the content remains to be, you have very few weekly things you need to do and I also strongly dislike the lack of Callings/Emissaries from Legion/Shadowlands and the rewards from DF World Quests are very poor (100g from a WQ, I've had trash drops that are higher and SL WQs can give 300g).

But so far I've had a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to M+ and Raiding.

Just to add this is based on the first week. My impressions of this expansion will change based on patches, content releases and timing. Shadowlands for me would have been rated much higher if they didn't make Sepulcher a 6 month raid to cram in Season 4.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

I'm loving everything atm. Leveling was fun, dragon riding was super fun. Currently gearing and seeing what reps to focus on for Blacksmithing. I love the new professions and how much depth they have now. Can't wait to start M+ and Raiding.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I am not "crying"... I bet you're one of the people who also fought tooth and nail to preserve 9.0 covenant system too.

It's really simple - there is no need for these artificial cockblocks in WoW - a lesson Blizzard should have already fucking learned 10 times over.

Let people respec without ifs and buts. The end.

I fucking know x.x.5 will fix it, it always does - but maybe just this once, new era of WoW and all, they could have let people fucking have fun instead of putting weird ass cockblocks that should not really even be there.
    you let people respec the profession system then there is no fucking point in it...
    just progress and get it all in a couple weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Too much focus on rares, they drop too high ilvl. Not my favorite start of an expansion to say the least.

Enjoying it so far but this week is pre m+ or raiding so everything is quite chill.
    Dragonflying feels great but it's such a convenience that blizz will have to add it to the rest of the world.
    The zones and atmosphere all feel good, the quests were interesting, the story isn't too offensive so far but plots need a little fleshing out.
    Story, raiding and downtime will probably decide whether it's good, I have an awful feeling though that all of those things we hated from past expansions with their annoying grinds kept us busy and without them we might end up hating the free time with posts bitching about there being nothing to do.
    Overall I'll give it maybe a 6/7, we will see how it pans out when the rest of the content drops, but as for aesthetics and variety it's pretty top notch, dungeons all feel varied and will be fun to play through for a decent amount of time.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's too early to tell, I got my DK to lv70 and iLv333 yesterday, so I'll give it more time before I decide.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Quote Originally Posted by Zoupa7 View Post
    What I see myself doing is playing this month until my sub runs out and then maybe resubscribing for 10.3. I personally don't resubscribe for individual WoW patches anymore because the formula is just too stale and I get bored too quickly. And nothing has changed with regard to the basic formula for Dragonflight.
    I don't understand this mentality "gamers" as a monolith seem to have. The idea of having a "main game" that you play for almost literally two decades and expect to continue to excite you is insane. There's nothing Blizzard can do, short of changing the entire game, that could or even should change this feeling for you. That's not a slight against their ability to design a game, nor is it a slight against you, it's just a fact of life. Most people don't even do something they enjoy and get paid to do for twenty years straight, let alone pay to do.

I just don't see it as a fail on the game's behalf if it doesn't keep people's attention enough for them to play 20 hours a week every week for two years, let alone 10, 15, 20 years. If you started eating vanilla icecream when you were twenty years old, and you added a couple of chocolate chips or a sauce or some lollies or whatever every year but you kept the same vanilla icecream base, you wouldn't get to forty and write a review telling the icecream company their vanilla icecream was "B-". If you've eaten it for 20 years straight, the only fair rating is A+.

Bit of a rant but I can't get my head around it. An expansion is an iterative change on the existing formula, not a new game. If it keeps your attention for a week and you're over it because you don't like the existing formula, that's exactly what you should expect - no one calls God of War: Ragnarok a "B-" game because you can't play it for 10,000 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    Bit of a rant but I can't get my head around it. An expansion is an iterative change on the existing formula, not a new game. If it keeps your attention for a week and you're over it because you don't like the existing formula, that's exactly what you should expect - no one calls God of War: Ragnarok a "B-" game because you can't play it for 10,000 hours.
    I get what you're trying to say, and you have a point; but just to be clear: that's not a super fair comparison, because GoW also doesn't ask you to pay $15 every month, and if it DID, then we WOULD complain it doesn't have more content.

WoW has a different revenue/content model than "traditional" games that are buy-to-play. Its whole point is an ongoing revenue stream, for which they are then expected to also offer an ongoing content stream. That's the deal.

You're right that people shouldn't be surprised WoW isn't reinventing the entire game every 2 years, which would be an unreasonable ask, no question. But that also doesn't mean they haven't slacked a bit in terms of adapting to a changing gaming landscape, and to changes in their player base.
    Last edited by Biomega; 2022-12-03 at 04:51 AM.

It's good. I'm loving dragon riding. Havent even touched a flight point since maxing it out. Currently slogging through the hell thats getting geared though. Finally got 342 ilvl to start heroics.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Having tons of fun so far. Only done one character as of yet; hit iLvl 355-ish and getting some M0s done along with a bunch of rep and dailies. Took the slow way up and did ALL the side quests along the way, so I just finished the main story.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

In a pretty positive spot on this one. I managed to land a spot in beta on this, so knew a little going in, but had stayed away from how-to's and such completely.

Leveling - quite solid. The storyline is cohesive, albeit a touch reminiscent of the same formula they've used in the past (the Plains and uniting of different factions for example is a continual plot point in this game). I love that the various unlocks also provide more for the player to do as they go on (the climbing world quests crack me up). I really dig what they've done with professions.

Dungeons seem quite solid, with the exception of Brackenlol. That goes on the hard pass list, though I do enjoy the final boss of it. Never have been and never will be a fan of dungeons that simply re-use exterior areas (Academy and Offensive for example), but it seems like that's just accepted practice these days.

Dragonriding itself is such a good addition to the game. Hopefully they expand on it, and create harder courses, or even introduce mid-air dangers so that the player has even more to deal with. I'd love to see them adapt this for the rest of the game, though it'd be a weird fit for some of the flying mounts, and it'd probably be a significant undertaking.

Is it all perfect? Not really. The cosmetic choices at a lot of the rep vendors feel really uninspired. I'd complain about my favorite spec feeling really weak too, but that's probably a git gud issue or just subject to change with more gear.

It's far too early to pass judgement on this, but I'm having more fun in the first week than I have since Legion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lordofbelbol View Post
    Why is there alot of posts rating the expansion ?
    people on these forums need to understand that world content isn't everything...

If DF allows players to bypass those 3 events and still feel like they have a desire to log in, it will be an incredible success. Hopefully that's a goal of the dev team.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I just said that I am a raidlogger - another WOD is fine by me.

What I am trying to say that vast majority of what is offered by Dragonflight is absolutely mundane and not even worth the hassle it asks from you to do. It's practically apexis + the useless part of garrison all over again. You farm that shit until you're blue in the face and what do you get? Some lame mogs and pets? You become better at the hunt, as if you don't demolish it already the moment it unlocks? Your piles of dirt give you more bfa war supplies?

Then they throw at you some garbage items that will be outdated long before the vast majority of playerbase even hits the required renown level. Who in Blizz thought of this?

I'll tell you what will happen - people will simply decide it's not worth the hassle (which it really isn't, aside from some recipe or two if you even care) and move on to other content... which is like WOD - raids and dungeons and that's it.

- - - Updated - - -

So you practically described WOD right there.

- - - Updated - - -

Hyperbole does not really help your case. There is a healthy number between 0 Maw of Souls and 5000 Maw of Souls and it's the number I and many others ran.

Right now what you have is 0 Maw of Souls and if you want anything more - well fuck you very much then.
    No, there has always been slow mid gear available for casuals. Legion had the order hall sets, Sl had the covenant sets etc. You are not the target audience for that. And you are a raid logger. Theres not a thing they could do to make you happy short of giving u fast raid gear in the world. You dont want to be casual and slowly work on stuff? Raid. Its legit the same its alwlays been. The only difference is there is no terrible Ap grind.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    Maybe it wasn't clear from my post but I am an outdoor player/collector nowadays in the game. Stopped raiding when the bullshit uncapped borrowed power and the rng legendaries came in Legion. I hate m+-es and the whole toxic part of it with a passion. But I am a maximalist and a competitor by nature, so I had to choose between my sanity/mental health or putting down raiding. As the years went by, I simply got used to just not raid. One by one I started to cut out parts of the game from my playing habit. I used to have 3-4 raiding characters from wrath, with legendary cloaks in mop. I was raiding 4-5 days a week on different alts and roles, even realms. I loved raiding.
    The only thing that keeps me in the game is collecting, achieves, and outdoor content. It's purely sunk cost fallacy I'm well aware.

Also, casuals, or call them whatever you want, still go to LFR. And LFR ilevel is around the same ilevel you get from that twentysomething renown. Logic says the devs imagined people getting to twentysomething renown before LFR opens up. I don't know. By the looks of the pacing now, that's an interesting thought.
    I know a lot of people that just do world quests. Again. The reknown items arent for you. They are for the guy that does his world quests and thats it. Theres more of them than there are raiders.

- - - Updated - - -

Ditto.

That person thinks the moment there is AP, then apparently everyone and their mothers has to run "5000 Maw of Souls".

Someone needs to lay off Twitch/Youtube for a bit, methinks.
    Well its not coming back and thank god for that. I suggest you find a new game that lets you grind all day if you want. Ill take my alcoholic laid back fun game thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    you let people respec the profession system then there is no fucking point in it...
    just progress and get it all in a couple weeks.
    Also, if someone cares so little that they cant be bothered to look up a good crafting build, then they shouldn't care about whether their build is good or not. it takes 2 mins to find one. Im for a very expensive reset on knowledge, but its not a necessity.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    It's good. I'm loving dragon riding. Havent even touched a flight point since maxing it out. Currently slogging through the hell thats getting geared though. Finally got 342 ilvl to start heroics.
    Bruh, at 342 you should be doing mythics.

Pretty fun, no complaints so far with what we have. However, I think this expansion was helpful in building a solid foundation for the future, which was in the form of talents specifically, or correcting the mistakes with bad systems and mandatory grinds. The PROBLEM is that, after the shine wears off, this expansion has little to offer you to keep you playing.
    Last edited by La; 2022-12-03 at 09:15 AM.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Because most of it is unlocked after only a week of dailys anyways, and then its unlocked for ever on alts. That is a complete non issue. There are no Ap grinds. Some content should be staggered imo. Expansions of old also did this ith rep gates like the Isle of Thunder, Molten front etc. Its standard mmo design. Its super quick and more forgiving than most other times in WoW. if you arent willing to grind rep for 1 week, then maybe WoW isnt for you anymore. You dont even have to do it. Why grind to unlock more world content if you dislike world content in the first place? Raid log? Pvp log. If none of that sounds appealing then its time to find a new game.
    I find this argument pretty moot. I play for the main story. I care little for dailies and didn't do them in the last expansions unless I was forced to do so. Why isn't WoW for me anymore when I just hate the timegating and the rep/renown grinds? I just want to play the story without getting stopped by some metrics to increase their MAUs. I just want to do some dungeons and raids (which are not really locked behind anything) and then head off until I return for more main story.

Daily quests are fine for people that stick to the game for months and more to keep them busy, but I don't see any reason for them to make my experience as an on-off player worse by forcing me to do crap content I don't wanna do just to unlock more of the story while I'm basically wasting my time with content that's not fun. But I have to, because the story which is the reason why I play in the first place is gated behind it.

As I said, I'm enjoying Dragonflight a lot at the moment, but that's the honeymoon phase. My only gripe is that the f* main story is locked behind a rep grind at launch already.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2022-12-03 at 10:21 AM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

i hope the game keeps dying

the instant ban after 10 reports within a 24 hour window has ruined the game for many people
    it lets people organize in discord then provoke and report players they don't like killing the community and social interaction within the game

anything that can be considered rude or mean is a valid reason to report someone even saying someone has low dps can get you banned
    10 reports = instant ban without GM review (people need to be in different guilds or you will need more reports)
    you can organize a 11th person in your discord to provoke the person you want banned then report for literary no real reason... anything that can be considered "toxic" is a valid reason for the ban to stay on the account and will not be removed
    https://youtu.be/OcSiCgFDYhY

10+ Year Old Account
    Havent picked it up. Glad people are enjoying it I envy everyone who is, but for me I just have no incentive to get back into WoW. Shadowlands was the final nail in the coffin for me and the new direction doesn't seem to inspire me as much as it is most. Its kinda sad because I been playing WoW since vanilla and while there have been times I have burned out there were never times I fully 'quit' as I did in Shadowlands.

I think for me Blizzard have exhausted Warcraft, the only way I would replay Warcraft again is if there was another RTS or a more single player based game that focused more on a stronger narrative. as an MMO its more the same, the dragon riding isnt really for me, and while I like they brought talents back, its too little too late for me, and in away that pisses me off because I been asking for talents to come back for years, and they do it when I finally stop playing. Also the combat is too fast paced for me, I liked the slower paced combat and the more slower paced game style, as a Hunter and Paladin player my classes feel horrible and have done for so long because alot of the RPG elements are now gone. WoW's move from RPGMMO to ActionMMO since as far back as WoTLK have slowly driven me further and further away.

I just have no interest in MMO's right now. I still like Warcraft, but its only from a distance, I'll watch others play and always watch the cinematics cos Blizzard are great at them. But its so sad because once Blizzard were THE games company for me growing up in the 90's and 00's and now I don't play any of their games.
    Last edited by Orby; 2022-12-03 at 10:04 AM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Ditto.
    That person thinks the moment there is AP, then apparently everyone and their mothers has to run "5000 Maw of Souls".
    Someone needs to lay off Twitch/Youtube for a bit, methinks.
    "Ditto" for "you don't have to grind AP all day long", yet you complain that you have to "farm renown shit until you're blue in the face" like it's even more mandatory. Make up your mind, maybe? You don't have to, either. Do a hunt for a nice reward, pick up a treasure while farming ores or herbs, do a daily or two and log off. Renown isn't going anywhere, it'll be there for the next two years.