Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    I don't mean to be a 40k neckbeard, but Abaddon appearing in-person in any capacity would mean the entire Hive-world is fucked.
    Not if a swarmy is there....

Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Not if a swarmy is there....
    Pretty sure even lore wise the Swarmlord (who btw would also utterly destroy an inquisitorial warband) is no match for Abbadon.

The large Tyranid swarm accompanying the Swarmlord is a bigger issue, but then the Hive-world is still completely fucked either way.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

10+ Year Old Account
    Played a bit. No performance issues with FSR on.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Seeing Abaddon would also be very cool as a boss in the game, basically one you can't beat.
    He is out there conquering star systems, possibly the whole galaxy, why would he run around in some slum in some hive city?

Edit:;
    I am thinking about buying the game but it seems that most of the people that give glowing reviews seem to just play with their friends. How is it in randoms?
    I disliked it somewhat in vermintide since there was next to no teamplay, everyone just rushed through the levels since they were probably grinding them, when someone got captured they got left behind and many groups failed. Was often not a great experience.
    Has Darktide made any improvements in UI or something that benefits gameplay in random groups?
    Last edited by Yriel; 2022-11-29 at 08:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    The blackout missions are awesome and incredibly atmospheric. I love them even if I bump my way into walls.

Deamonhosts are a new boss type, functioning like the Witches from L4D but I'm not certain I like it. It's really creepy especially on dark maps, but rather easily avoided and fighting it boils down to one person blocking and the rest DPSing the thing, there's no real other way to deal with it. I think it should have erratically switched targets or had a second stage where it throws warpfire everywhere or something.
    Considering there can be like 4-5 on a single map, I don't think it should be anything other than that what they currently are.

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    I don't mean to be a 40k neckbeard, but Abaddon appearing in-person in any capacity would mean the entire Hive-world is fucked.
    Yeah, the guy's running a galaxy-spanning war and is always accompanied by the most hardened veterans of the most numerous Legion out there. If he's on a Hive World, the place is either important to its plans or in the way of said plans. In both cases the place is more fucked than the average Slaaneshi cultist, and there's nothing that an Inquisitorial warband can do to stop a threat of his magnitude. It's why the Vermintide crew dealt with small-time Grey Seers and Chaos Lords rather than challenge guys like Archaon or Verminlords. They creep way too far up in the powerscale.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

1+ Year Old Account
    Seeing Abaddon would also be very cool as a boss in the game, basically one you can't beat.
    The game doesn't have space marines or adepta sororitas because they would too OP alongside some guardsmen, and you want to fight the big bad guy?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    I am thinking about buying the game but it seems that most of the people that give glowing reviews seem to just play with their friends. How is it in randoms?
    I disliked it somewhat in vermintide since there was next to no teamplay, everyone just rushed through the levels since they were probably grinding them, when someone got captured they got left behind and many groups failed. Was often not a great experience.
    Has Darktide made any improvements in UI or something that benefits gameplay in random groups?
    Well, I haven't managed to convince any of my friends to play so all I do is randoms.
    The game is fun.
    Great gunplay, great melee.

I haven't experienced being left behind at any time as having a full team is way too helpful as there are several special enemies (Snipers, Maulers, assholes with a net that down you instantly) that can take down a team pretty quickly in higher difficulties if people aren't careful.
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    The same as any other online game.

Dark Tide has mechanics that encourage working together strongly. Especially as you go through more dangerous areas the chances of succeeding go down a lot if everyone is running off willy-nilly.

No. It's in line with other games of the genre such as Vermintide, Back 4 Blood, Fire Team Elite, Left 4 Dead, WWZ, etc.

Dark Tide is simply a well-made game with a cool setting that is a lot of fun for folks. The gameplay is pretty good, shooting and melee feel good and impacting. Abilities are cool and useful like you are turning the tide (no pun) of battle at times. It's not breaking any ground.

Solid, very fun game.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2022-11-30 at 01:56 PM.

Hope they add more reasons to grab scriptures and grimoires... currently no real reason except for contracts and when leveling, but even that extra xp isn't noteworthy and usually going for secondary objective is just more xp in general. Something is off there imo.
    Grims and Scripture should increase loot you get and the likelyhood of higher rarity. Not a big fan of RNG loot when you either get something or you don't.
    If I remember vermintide correctly you got more chests, aka more pieces of loot by grabbing grims and tomes afaik so you upped your chances due to quantity of loot.
    Now I just get 1 piece every 5-6 wins basically which feels kind of bad.

Maybe when the crafting system comes in full force it mitigates some of it, because getting loot is a pain and not fun atm.

But really enjoying the gameplay so far and I'm not at the point where I have to min-max with weapons and stats but that'll come eventually, just trying to enjoy it and lvling atm.

The anti-team challenges needs to be changed though. Or rather the "anti-pug" challenges needs to be changed. If you have a group of friends to play with I imagine these challenges might be fun as a group challenge. Like the Psyker one where they aren't allowed to damage the monstrosity. They still have to move around, kiting and trying to not die so it becomes a challenge for them as well... but since they exist they will be done in pugs so it should be accounted for.

For example, I think the Preacher challenged where you have to kill 50 enemies during your stun grenades in 10s should just be group kills and maybe increase the numbers to account for it, that way proper use of the grenade gets rewarded instead of "Guys, can you just not kill them and push them around so I can do this challenge?"... Feels like they didn't think outside of their team on how these challenges will impact gameplay. They work fine in a development team, pugs not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    The same as any other online game.

Dark Tide has mechanics that encourage working together strongly. Especially as you go through more dangerous areas the chances of succeeding go down a lot if everyone is running off willy-nilly.

No. It's in line with other games of the genre such as Vermintide, Back 4 Blood, Fire Team Elite, Left 4 Dead, WWZ, etc.

Dark Tide is simply a well-made game with a cool setting that is a lot of fun for folks. The gameplay is pretty good, shooting and melee feel good and impacting. Abilities are cool and useful like you are turning the tide (no pun) of battle at times. It's not breaking any ground.

Solid, very fun game.
    I swear to god that as soon as someone dies the game just decide to throw everything at you all at once.
    Or it's just RNG..but I tell yah, it's a conspiracy to promote not letting someone die in the first place.

Speaking of spawn RNG, hope they tweak it a bit... it's a bit, uneven so to speak.
    Sometimes it's alright, you get varied stuff but at times it just throws 5 bursters at a row on you, 3 trappers, 50 bombers (they seem to always spawn in a cluster and carpet bomb everything).
    I think this is often during the "horde" secondary condition so I get the point that it should spawn a lot but I feel it could use some tweaking.
    Last edited by Kumorii; 2022-11-30 at 02:54 PM.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Zorachus View Post
    I read the recommended specs for this game to play at max settings are an Intel 12700k and RTX-4080 GPU. Wow WTF? That's like top of the line hardware.

A lot of Computer nerds are saying welcome to PC Games in 2022, developers are squeezed so tight with their programmers and tight budgets, they just release games poorly coded, and just tell everyone to have the latest most expensive hardware and the game will run fine. Uh... most people won't even have anything close to those spec's, they needed to code the game better, but that takes more time, and then the game is delayed, so they just ship it as is.
    I'll be ordering a PC with i9 13900kf, RTX 4090 [concerning hearing of melting cables for this...] and 32gb ddr5 5600mhz of ram... hopefully I'll be able to play this game with a decent fps.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2022-11-30 at 03:01 PM.

Game had a pretty rough launch performance wise but that seems like the standard these days sadly same with callisto protocoll and many other releases lately.

The game runs very smooth after todays patch though, having a great time with the game. Got a zealot at 30 and a veteran at 24 not sure whos the most fun both are very nice to play zealot for more melee action and veteran for some gun action.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Really enjoying the gameplay of it all but I can't help to feel everything else is just designed to be unfun.
    I'm an RNG person, but even I think it's a bit too much here, RNG shops, RNG missions, RNG contracts that depend on RNG missions, RNG loot (with no info on how to get more) with RNG stats and you can't even share items between your characters which is where RNG loot shines.

The fact that curious can give you bonus xp at max level is just a dead curio. Would be awesome if I could give it to a new class. But nope.
    Would be great if you had prestige levels that guarantees an item drop whenever you level, then they would have some value.

It's a big step down from VT2 where you're performance gave you chests, so you would actually gain from playing better and quicker and taking more grims and scriptures.

Personally I think the game will die quickly for me at least...but I've gotten my moneys worth anyway, so I wouldn't say it's a bad purchase per se. It supposed to be a game with longevity but I think it falls short there, because your efforts don't feel like they pay off. Being more transparent with how loot works, chances, and percentages or just bring back that you get more items the harder missions you do would help a lot.
    They changed the weapons to give you actual numbers, which helps a lot because you aren't guessing in the dark anymore. Even though I don't understand how it works at times, 2 weapons with the same mark and grade, but the one with higher percentage does less damage than the one with slightly lower.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Really enjoying the gameplay of it all but I can't help to feel everything else is just designed to be unfun.
    I'm an RNG person, but even I think it's a bit too much here, RNG shops, RNG missions, RNG contracts that depend on RNG missions, RNG loot (with no info on how to get more) with RNG stats and you can't even share items between your characters which is where RNG loot shines.

The fact that curious can give you bonus xp at max level is just a dead curio. Would be awesome if I could give it to a new class. But nope.
    Would be great if you had prestige levels that guarantees an item drop whenever you level, then they would have some value.

It's a big step down from VT2 where you're performance gave you chests, so you would actually gain from playing better and quicker and taking more grims and scriptures.

Personally I think the game will die quickly for me at least...but I've gotten my moneys worth anyway, so I wouldn't say it's a bad purchase per se. It supposed to be a game with longevity but I think it falls short there, because your efforts don't feel like they pay off. Being more transparent with how loot works, chances, and percentages or just bring back that you get more items the harder missions you do would help a lot.
    They changed the weapons to give you actual numbers, which helps a lot because you aren't guessing in the dark anymore. Even though I don't understand how it works at times, 2 weapons with the same mark and grade, but the one with higher percentage does less damage than the one with slightly lower.
    Yeah it's pretty barebones atm but i hope they will support this game for along time with content, i think something like chaos wastes would be nice to have for extra replayability so hope they add that.

Still have a ton of fun though.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2022-12-03 at 05:36 PM.
    Do you hear the voices too?

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Haven’t got the game Yet but are there any
    Space marine enemies in it? If not having any chaos SM would be a really good boss even an unbeatable one, abaddon would be a bit of a stretch through.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Haven’t got the game Yet but are there any
    Space marine enemies in it? If not having any chaos SM would be a really good boss even an unbeatable one, abaddon would be a bit of a stretch through.
    None that I've seen or heard of, which is a shame if you ask me. A Death Guard marine or Terminator would have made an awesome boss fight. Plus why would it be unbeatable, both in TT and lore something like a Beast of Nurgle or a possessed human are easily a match for most Marines and our group kills those relatively regularly. There's nothing that should stop a veteran guardsman, an Ogryn, a psyker, and what is basically a Repentia with armor and gun from tag teaming an Astartes, they're tough but hardly invincible.

Speaking of which, the bosses on display here are pretty lackluster IMO. There's 3 minibosses- Plague Ogryn, Beast of Nurgle, Daemonhost- and just one boss, the captain guy seen in a couple missions that has various loadouts. But all of them are cheesed by bumrushing him in melee, at least up until difficulty 4. Vermintide 2 launched with 4 minibosses and 4 full bosses that all were more interesting fights.

I see it’s some of you guys first Fat Shark game.

They release the bones and build around it till their next project.

10+ Year Old Account
    Spent a decent amount of time playing over the weekend. The game is obviously missing the polish of Vermintide 2. Account progress isn't there. Progression in general is slow. Obviously lacking the amount of cosmetics and varied gameplay modes of V2 but the foundation of a good game is obviously there. The combat is fun. I like the missions more than Vermintide 2, except Vermintide 2 'director' feels more punishing.

For whatever reason they decided to classify the game as a full retail instead of 'early access'. Probably a corporate decision but the game really feels like it's a polished ea game rather than 'full release'.

Its like they got tired of looking at a stable version of the game and said "screwbit, let's just release and fill in the gaps in post".

Not bad by any means but obviously not finished. V2 was pretty much the same, though.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Not bad by any means but obviously not finished. V2 was pretty much the same, though.
    Thing is that V2 gave them a great foundation. But playing Darktide it feels like they used that foundation as a guide to what they should ignore and not do.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    I see it’s some of you guys first Fat Shark game.

They release the bones and build around it till their next project.
    Sure, but Vermintide II was less bad in this regard. It had more stuff on release, was not as poorly optimized, and most importantly didn't start piling up the in-game transactions until the game was a lot more feature complete. Darktide has a cosmetic shop front and center while the crafting isn't fully implemented, some weapons seen in previews aren't there, and the Chaos Spawn they featured in a trailer is also nowhere to be seen. Doesn't help that getting higher tier cosmetics via gameplay is a complete pain in the ass requiring you to do idiotic things not conductive to normal gameplay and thus plagues pugs in Hesery.

Still, the core gameplay and atmosphere are so good that I'll still play it. I just won't support it via buying those cosmetics, at least not yet.