Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Biglog View Post
    It is wild how easily people can be influenced by propaganda into simply passing along talking points. Ye's comments were straight out of KKK recruiting materials, where they rationalize Hitler as good influence by pointing out "his" inventions. Except he didn't invent anything. The Nazi *party* founded Volkswagen and Hitler drew some rough sketches (he wasn't an engineer by any means) of what he wanted the cars to look like, which they didn't even end up using. And no consumer cars were sold by them until after Hitler was dead and the war was over. It's only by giving him credit for anything that was invented by anyone in Germany while he was leader, which is ridiculous. We don't give Teddy Roosevelt credit for Einstein discovering E=mc2 while he was President. But for people looking for a reason to have a certain hate, it fills that need of rationalizing it.

And btw during WW2 wartime just about all manufacturing companies were involved on all sides. Ford, GM, Mitsubishi, Toyota, Porsche, etc....it's a long list. And war does lead to innovation, (US Civil War Gatling Gun, WW1 tanks, WW2 aircraft, etc.), but that doesn't necessarily mean war is a good thing.

The ironic thing of Ye embracing Nazism is that he must not realize that Hitler's Germany persecuted any minority group they didn't like. The concentration camps were not exclusive to Jews. Gypsies, professors, priests, ethnic minorities, many (particularly Soviet) POWs, or anyone else that spoke out or they didn't like all were sent. That would have very likely included Ye himself in 1940's Germany. He must have missed that day (or a lot of days) in history class.
    He needs to be institutionalized. He’s in obvious, desperate need of severe mental health assistance. I always thought he was a few cards short, but damn if he ain’t just completely batshit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post
    I always thought he was a few cards short, but damn if he ain’t just completely batshit.
    I mean...I can't think of any reasonable situation in which a celebrity would flat-out announce they liked Hitler and Putin in 20 fucking 22. The context isn't important, you don't say that shit and expect to keep your career. Not that I'm going to test this, but if I said shit like that in class, I'm pretty sure I'd be fired.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lynarii View Post
    Because right now he's racing with MyPillow Lindell to be the least sane person the average person might be able to name.
    Right now, someone could tell me Kanye and Lindell were at the same party and spiked the same mind-affecting drug and I wouldn't be able to rule that out.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Right now, someone could tell me Kanye and Lindell were at the same party and spiked the same mind-affecting drug and I wouldn't be able to rule that out.
    There's no way to prove that man in the gimp mask on Info Wars wasn't actually Mike Lindell, with a speaker under the mask so Kanye could make an appearance while staying home.

Watched vids on social and they show MTG at Nick's shit conference, whatever it was. Which leaks into the Fascism Thread. MTG will have power in the House and I can't way to see which committees she will be on.

MTG is mainstream now of the Republican party. Lining up with Fuentes and others shows who/what that party is.

The oh btw of the Kanye tirade, people pointed out they like Kanye with his right wing loyalty, it's you just don't say the Hitler crap out loud. Even Alex was saying some messed up things and trying to cover for Kanye. Kanye was just too dumb or off the rails and wanted to say he loved nazis or whatever.
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post
    He needs to be institutionalized. He’s in obvious, desperate need of severe mental health assistance. I always thought he was a few cards short, but damn if he ain’t just completely batshit.
    Nothing Ye is doing is because of his mental illness. He's saying these things because he's an enormously racist shithead of a human being. Who also struggles with mental illness. Two separate things, and the latter provides no excuse or explanation for the former.

Being bipolar doesn't make you turn violently racist. It's about massive mood swings from mania to depression. Bigotry is entirely separate from all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Nothing Ye is doing is because of his mental illness. He's saying these things because he's an enormously racist shithead of a human being. Who also struggles with mental illness. Two separate things, and the latter provides no excuse or explanation for the former.

Being bipolar doesn't make you turn violently racist. It's about massive mood swings from mania to depression. Bigotry is entirely separate from all that.
    hes also very very very stupid, if you show him a video that the earth is flat he will take it at face value

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I mean...I can't think of any reasonable situation in which a celebrity would flat-out announce they liked Hitler and Putin in 20 fucking 22. The context isn't important, you don't say that shit and expect to keep your career. Not that I'm going to test this, but if I said shit like that in class, I'm pretty sure I'd be fired.
    Hell, even Putin doesn't want to be associated with the Nazis. I mean fuck every other bullshit move Putin makes it at least founded on the totally sane idea that "Nazis bad!", even if everyone he says is a Nazi ya know isn't.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    "We don't mind Nazis here, just keep it down, willya?"
    It's probably because Kanye can't afford it now.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ye saw Elon Musk speedrunning career suicide and decided to try and break the WR too. That Alex Jones interview is unhinged. I've never seen a guy intentionally swerve to miss every single exit a charitable interviewer gives him.

https://www.latimes.com/politics/new...ntial-politics

https://archive.ph/wip/B3eMt

And an archive link in case anyone can't open in incognito mode.

LA Times points out just how quiet most of the Republican party is on explicitly condemning Trump from dining with two neo-Nazi's, and in general condemning Nazi's specifically. Outside of a handful of Senators, party leadership is uh...pretty quiet outside of House Judiciary Republicans finally deleting that holy trinity of dumb bigots, tweet.

The death of euphemisms. Its always entertaining when white supremacists are able to attract and promote non-white people.

https://www.businessinsider.com/vide...rlboss-2022-12

Uh oh, there's some drama in the white supremacy circles. Apparently Nicky is upset that Marj decided to criticize her former buddies white nationalist, antisemetic views. So like the very Alpha Male Bachelor he is, he's going after her as a 'divorced woman girlboss' which seems a bit...redundant to call someone a "woman girlboss"?

Man, their insults even fucking suck. Conservatives aren't intentionally funny, and they don't even have sick burns. Very low effort. Very low energy. Sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    seems a bit...redundant to call someone a "woman girlboss"?
    If we're dealing with people who think that African Americans and/or Jewish people are subhuman, it's reasonable to believe they also use gender as an insult, see also, the memes they posted on Michelle Obama calling her a man.

So it's not redundant, it's admission they're both racist and sexist pieces of shit.

https://www.businessinsider.com/vide...rlboss-2022-12

Uh oh, there's some drama in the white supremacy circles. Apparently Nicky is upset that Marj decided to criticize her former buddies white nationalist, antisemetic views. So like the very Alpha Male Bachelor he is, he's going after her as a 'divorced woman girlboss' which seems a bit...redundant to call someone a "woman girlboss"?

Man, their insults even fucking suck. Conservatives aren't intentionally funny, and they don't even have sick burns. Very low effort. Very low energy. Sad.
    Fuentes normally does a good job ducking the overt Nazi stuff, going mask off for Ye seems like a miscalculation on his part....that and the blue hoody, like he's spent his entire career dressing like a Conservative but now he's a little star struck by Ye he now feels like the hoody is his go to fashion accessory lol.

https://www.commondreams.org/news/20...cism-house-dem

Hey, Trump wants it too! No more Constitution!

This is a "fringe" theory/position despite Republicans decidedly not coming out to explicitly condemn Trump's unconstitutional rhetoric.

@tehdang how is this "fringe" when we're seeing the former president, and still current head of the Republican party, calling for the elimination of the Constitution without universal, loud, vocal condemnation by his fellow "non-fringe/extremist" Republicans?

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.thedailybeast.com/abc-ho...-disavow-trump

Georgeo Stephanopoulos asked Republican Rep. David Joyce of Ohio if he would support a candidate that is advocating for suspending the Constitution.

His response?

Well, again, it’s early. I think there’s going to be a lot of people in the primary. I think at the end of the day, whoever the Republican then the pick (sic) I’ll fall in behind.
    So that's a yes, yes he will. Like the rest of the Republicans that have, over the past months/year, continued to repeat the, "We'll support whoever the nominee is." when asked if they'll support Trump if he's the nominee.

Republican party is going full mask-off with this shit.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2022-12-04 at 08:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    His response?
    "But you have to understand--"

Besides the obvious, objective cowardice of refusing to condemn Trump until he knows if he needs Trump's voters, the issue isn't just that Trump wants to suspend the Constitution -- that's bad enough, no question. But specifically, to remove people who won the election and replace them with people who lost the election, with zero evidence of fraud.

"But Trump found fraud!"

No he didn't. Otherwise he would have won at least one court case. Or he would be starting a new one.

"But what about Musk? He found fraud."

No, he didn't. He found people at Biden's campaign, who were private citizens, allegedly making a deal with Twitter to hold back some Hunter Biden posts. If you want to know how I feel about that, you could ask the National Enquirerer about Karen McDougal in 2016.

And Trump said nothing about that, because he won. The rules don't change just because someone else is breaking them. Otherwise they're not rules.

If Twitter employees broke the terms of service, they should be held accountable. I doubt that matters, Musk probably already fired them.

Trump is acting like a spoiled screaming toddler because people banded together to defeat him. He should be used to that, it happened 81 million times a couple years ago. If these people broke a law, well the evidence is public, they'll be brought up on charges. No such claim has been made, except for Trump.

And nothing about what Musk said or Trump raged about has anything to do with changing votes at the ballot box. Which, I'll remind everyone, was a very common defense in 2017. "Hey, Russia may have lied over and over about Clinton, but they didn't hack voting machines to change votes, so that's not fraud." Neither, therefore, is this.

There is nothing here. Even FOX News is turning its back on this, trying to hide ther walk of shame home from Mar-a-Lago while Trump demands to their conservative viewers that the Constitution be thrown out.

and still current head of the Republican party
    Could you be a tad less disingenuous when you throw all the baggage on the question. Just a bit.
    "I wish it need not have happened in my time." "So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tehdang View Post
    Could you be a tad less disingenuous when you throw all the baggage on the question. Just a bit.
    Republicans are all too ready to support Trump if he wins the primary, despite all of the crimes and support for neo nazis. That's not baggage. That's reality.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Could you be a tad less disingenuous when you throw all the baggage on the question.
    No, he's being 100% accurate. You do remember the 2020 RNC statement, right? Here, I'll shove FOX News in your face so you can't pretend to forget.

In a resolution Sunday, the party's platform committee said: "The RNC [Republican National Committee], had the Platform Committee been able to convene in 2020, would have undoubtedly unanimously agreed to reassert the Party’s strong support for President Donald Trump and his Administration."
    Edge- isn't being disingenuous. "Disingenuous" whose definition I will also shove in your face often means pretending not to know something they really do. Like, say, pretending they don't know the RNC 2020 statement asserted Trump was in charge of the party.

Or perhaps you're about to say "Well surely they updated it since". Well, by all means, find that and use that. As of Feb this year they hadn't done it yet and WaPo called them out on it. I'm not being disingenuous when I say I legit looked and I could not find a new, official platform by the RNC in 2022. I kind of assumed there would be one, to be honest.

*ahem*

But I looked before writing this. I'm not posting, pretending not to know something -- I legit looked and couldn't find it. Maybe you'll do better.

But if you either look and can't find one -- or if you refuse to look at all -- you're either admitting you just flat-out forgot the RNC's 2020 platform, and if that's the case you owe @Edge- a public apology for insulting them in public; or, you're admitting you did know but pretended not to, and I'll just point upwards at the Merriam-Webster citation.

Those are your three options. If you fail to do any of these, I get to decide which applies to you.

Really fucking ironic coming from you. Have you literally ever been right about anything?