Poll: Do you like Facebooks ads for Dragonflight?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiraser View Post
    Oh, hey, one ad is actually still up for some reason! I guess, the question is more of: why the rest are gone? Maybe they simply decided to clean up the feed. This one also got nicer comments than some of the other ones. But I'll try to not overthink this.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=617478213461375

Heh.

Heh.

I can admit I was wrong. why not provide this in the OP?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

So they're trying to sell the game by provoking customers? Weird. Desperate, even.

Yeah those are stupid, but I'm definitely in the "all WoW ads/promos have been cringey" camp.

My face still hasn't recovered from the biblical-level cringe of the American Choppers fiasco.

Hey, people. That last ad from this Facebook line-up is removed as well: it's not present in the feed, it's not present in the video archive, and the post was removed as well. I guess they are all gone now.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=617478213461375 - now ded link

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    I have hard time believing these ads are authentic. If so, no wonder they're deleted. Too hostile towards people who are entitled to their own opinion.
    Being hostile towards the people who got you where are now, but don't like how you are butchering their beloved franchise because of inclusivity, diversity and who knows what else-ity is pretty normal nowadays.
    Last edited by h4rr0d; 2022-12-05 at 11:46 AM.

Blizzard showing their arrogance, what could go wrong with so blatantly attacking justified criticism?

Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post
    Blizzard showing their arrogance, what could go wrong with so blatantly attacking justified criticism?
    Nothing? You think masses will refund DF because Blizzard dabbed on some facebook comments?
    Ads are a bit cringy, but they are tailored to today's market, and I sure the only offended ppl will be the ones who already hate Blizzard anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal The Black View Post
    This is some Rings of Power shit right there...

Blaming the playerbase because of their failure
    what? How are they blaming he playerbase for anythign inside that add? In Preach's video Blizzard openly admitted they messed up. Blizzard know it was their fault. What this add did was try and tell people who are dissing a game that isn't/wasnt even out at the time to have faith and give it a go and that it will be better this time.

Now on the flip side, if the current reception of the game remains as it is remains to be seen. Otherwise Blizzard will be eating alot of feet.
    Last edited by Orby; 2022-12-05 at 01:19 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Kiraser View Post
    Take a look at now hidden/deleted Facebook ads for Dragonflight. "Dragons" respond to criticism from Twitter users. Do you like these commercials or not and why? Do you play WoW: Dragonflight? I need your answers for a research of sorts.

UPDATE:

UPDATE 2:
    I think its not criticism they have. In most of the cases its just people thinking its funny to hate, or hate for no reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    I scrolled by these a few times and just the very idea was cringeworthy enough to not watch any. Funny that they got deleted though, I guess it's a little hostile.
    It's socially acceptable to be hostile toward certain demographics and I get the vibe from those ads that they were targeted at those certain groups.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forteofgray View Post
    It's socially acceptable to be hostile toward certain demographics and I get the vibe from those ads that they were targeted at those certain groups.
    which groups is that?
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    which groups is that?
    Capital-G Gamers -- the ones that get topics locked because they can't handle certain societal movements.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Capital-G Gamers -- the ones that get topics locked because they can't handle certain societal movements.
    "People don't like something about a video game therefore they represent a radical political opinion".

Quite the walk.

Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    "People don't like something about a video game therefore they represent a radical political opinion".

Quite the walk.
    If treating other human beings like human beings is something you consider a "radical political opinion," then yeah. You're exactly right.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    If treating other human beings like human beings is something you consider a "radical political opinion," then yeah. You're exactly right.
    I don't see your point, considering your previous post was clearly implied towards racists, sexists and transphobes and possibly some other ists and phobes.

Point is, assuming that anyone who voices these criticisms shown in those adds (which have literally nothing to do with how any person treats another one) belongs into one of those groups is deploreable.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2022-12-05 at 06:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Quite the walk.
    So what "group" do you think guy is talking about then?

Reminder this is the post in question.

Quote Originally Posted by Forteofgray View Post

This is the language of social media these days.
    The ads are aiming at changing the general impressions of WoW as a fallen mmo.

They are doing what they set out to do. They are in bad taste for everyone else, yes. They are talking the, pardon my expression, "retard language".

With that said, this attracts the kind of players i though blizz didn't want anymore.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2022-12-05 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    So what "group" do you think guy is talking about then?
    Blind haters, because those ads are basically a picture perfect example of toxic positivity, where any sense of negativity is met with ridicule.

If you really want to go down the rabbit hole of an underlying political message, then i doubt Blizzard would've pulled those ads, considering the political leanings of some of their staff.

"humansplaining"

whew, blizzard. you really went for it there, didn't you

10+ Year Old Account
    Blind haters, because those ads are basically a picture perfect example of toxic positivity, where any sense of negativity is met with ridicule.

If you really want to go down the rabbit hole of an underlying political message, then i doubt Blizzard would've pulled those ads, considering the political leanings of some of their staff.
    you think he was saying it's socially acceptable to "blind haters" and they are a "certain demographic"?

lmfao you be you boo