Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thirtyrock View Post
    Dragonriding, in my book, is beyond cool. I have spent at least 3 hours of my maybe 12 total in DF just flying around.
    It's definitely the best thing to come out of the whole situation
    In that regard I am probably less impressed in that I was already used to GW2 mounts so dragon riding is more a matter of "finally they renew the traversal of the game", than "wow really cool new thing". It's already a nightmare to go back to old content now !

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealTetro View Post
    I'm trying to be as impartial as I can
    Yeah, you fail at being objective(which is fine - but don't pretend). I gave you some examples on objective question types. I could also complain about dragons doesn't have boobs, because I have a thing for it(or - the fact that i'm just bored).

But hey, dragon riding is cool.
    It's actually considered as the best thing ever by the majority. Maybe it's time to ask about asking what's new and not so much, what else to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowseer View Post
    You got level 12 centaur rep just from the quests, are you high and misreading?
    In what way ? There's A LOT of centaur quests, and tbf I main a human.

Sounds like you are missing that infinite AP grind and massive time gating that's existed for the last 2.5 expansions. They moved away from that because it burned out the vast majority of the player base. There is plenty of stuff to do at max level, it's just all optional now.

This is the first expansion since Legion where I actually enjoy the world. Having a lot to do and having fun things to do are two different things. The world feels huge landmass wise compared SL, which makes me feel happy. I also like the events going on around the world. Did the dungeon Hero achievement the other day and that was a lot of fun.

And if you want to progress, you have the renown with the different factions, you can grind that out if you miss having a grind. That seems nearly as big as the covenants in SL

Having no AP grind or things you HAVE to log in for other than just gearing is the best thing about Dragonflight

You can play other characters
    You can play other games

WoW does not need to be something you have to play every single day

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Yeah, Dragonflight, while really fun and all so far, is indeed missing something. I don't know if this is an unpopular opinion or w/e, but I thought Suramar was the best zone and open world content (the way how you unlock quests, the extra content, the city mechanics etc.) they have ever added to the game. I am surprised that we're not seeing something like that in Dragonflight.
    Definitely not unpopular, but also at this point.... dare I say irrelevant? Suramar was made 6 years ago and has never been replicated since. It's very clear that, probably due to how little it was used in the grand scheme of Legion, Blizzard doesn't think a leveling-zone-sized endgame-exclusive zone is worth the investment. BFA they made your "endgame zones" the other faction's "leveling zones" and in Shadowlands they didn't give a single fuck about making The Maw a serious zone rather than just a "way to get to Torghast."
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by HansOlo View Post
    Yeah, you fail at being objective(which is fine - but don't pretend). I gave you some examples on objective question types. I could also complain about dragons doesn't have boobs, because I have a thing for it(or - the fact that i'm just bored).

It's actually considered as the best thing ever by the majority. Maybe it's time to ask about asking what's new and not so much, what else to do.
    Mate, when I say I'm trying to be objective, it's in that I want to talk about overall production value of the thing, not specifics. If you want specifics, right now I am mainly mad about how little story there is. Legion, BfA and SL got me used to MUCH more than this. And even if it had been gated behind a number of resets, at least I knew it was there.

Dragon riding IS the best thing ever, yes. It's also not something that cost a raid tier.

Mate, when I say I'm trying to be objective, it's in that I want to talk about overall production value of the thing, not specifics. If you want specifics, right now I am mainly mad about how little story there is. Legion, BfA and SL got me used to MUCH more than this. And even if it had been gated behind a number of resets, at least I knew it was there.

Dragon riding IS the best thing ever, yes. It's also not something that cost a raid tier.
    Alright, thanks for keeping it cool. I thought you were a hater and I wanted to have a fight

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean yeah, sure. But these past few expansions the content was there, if gated. Suramar, War campaign, covenant campaigns and features, that stuff was there from day one, and people were still scrambling to finish some of it up in the last few weeks of SL to get Veilstrider. This time... it's just not existing.
    Dude last 4 expansions that came out of Blizzard were totally horrible, with legion being a close okay one.
    DF is the first expansion in a long time where you see all the improvements happening and them actually fixing the game.

Let's see how it all plays out first
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Alright, thanks for keeping it cool. I thought you were a hater and I wanted to have a fight
    Oh trust me this post comes from a place of sadness and not hate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Dude last 4 expansions that came out of Blizzard were totally horrible, with legion being a close okay one.
    DF is the first expansion in a long time where you see all the improvements happening and them actually fixing the game.

Let's see how it all plays out first
    Yeah, we'll see ! I think I'm just scared the next patch will come in six months.

I'm so glad they aren't designing the game around people who play 16 hours a day anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by dwarven View Post
    I'm so glad they aren't designing the game around people who play 16 hours a day anymore.
    Those people usually find ways to occupy themselves. I'm here because I didn't want to dig dirt for 16 hours a day.

Because the more the better?

Time proved that right?
    Wow has been suffering from poor content in the last 3 of last 4 expansions. There is a good correlation between an xpack's reception and the amount of content it provides. Legion had a fundamentally flawed gearing system (ala legendaries) which were patched towards the end of its lifetime. It had a lot of grind that people hate today yet it was well received and part of the reason, apart from novelty is because it delivered content. Same goes for WotLK, TBC and Pandaria (to a certain extent). So yes, the time has proved that the more the better.

Quote Originally Posted by dwarven View Post
    Right! I don't feel like I'm holding anyone back by being on a limited play schedule right now, and that's really nice. It feels like a game where you CAN nolife it, but you don't HAVE to to keep up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    It doesn't matter how much content they put this post would get made. Blizz has the data on who is what level and how fast the targeted/average player is doing, that's what counts not the ones the burn through it in a week.
    Happens every expansion, people rush through everything like they're the flash trying to win a marathon and then complain there is nothing to do

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    Happens every expansion, people rush through everything like they're the flash trying to win a marathon and then complain there is nothing to do
    I guess I failed, but I tried to have an angle that was not that one.
    My main issue is not being able to reconcile Blizz not developing concurrent content to go through, no class stuff like Legion, no faction stuff like BfA, no covenant stuff like SL, and yet we end up in a place where there's somehow less story content than in any of those story branches. Just as many dungeons as SL which was less than Legion and BfA, a raid that's on the smaller side, less zones than any previous expansions (yes, I know they're big). No "alternative game mode" like Torghast of Island Expeditions...

And I'm also not debating whether or not those were good things, just that they were things that existed in parallel to the rest of the content, and that we don't really have much in DF where we can say "Yes, this is where the money went".
    Last edited by TheRealTetro; 2022-12-05 at 10:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    Yeah I think I'll pass on this expansion. If you don't do m+ or raid there doesn't seem to be any worthwhile PVE content to do.
    Thats by design. Both because its cheap,they can offer you less than you had in previous expansions and also because a handful of butt hurt shit heel mid tier raid cry babies didn't like that other people could have nice things.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Baraden View Post
    Having no AP grind or things you HAVE to log in for other than just gearing is the best thing about Dragonflight

You can play other characters
    You can play other games

WoW does not need to be something you have to play every single day
    Like this guy. Instead of doing the rational adult thing and not doing that which he didn't like he cried about it on a forum and daddy developer held his hand.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    Wow has been suffering from poor content in the last 3 of last 4 expansions. There is a good correlation between an xpack's reception and the amount of content it provides. Legion had a fundamentally flawed gearing system (ala legendaries) which were patched towards the end of its lifetime. It had a lot of grind that people hate today yet it was well received and part of the reason, apart from novelty is because it delivered content. Same goes for WotLK, TBC and Pandaria (to a certain extent). So yes, the time has proved that the more the better.
    You don't seem to higher the standard either. Come up with a propper analysis instead:

Legion wasn't only about legendaries. It was also good storytelling and class halls. It had a new class. It had the main villians of all time. Mythic+ became mainstream for first time. It was a paradigm shift, changing the way we play the game.

BFA got criticized for what DF is lacking in - the systems(even thou it enabled 2 races and a fight against the Old God and Titans).
    It litteraly got criticized for too much activity and grind.

SL got criticized both for the lore and the systems. But SL wasn't only about the lore and the systems. It was also Blizzard trying to something new from scratch - a new direction(failed trying - which in my book not a failure).

It is very obvious, that DF is carefully pruned and only contains elements, that the community been asking for or been interested in. There is no experimentation. It's based on facts of player data.

And having 12 dungeons for launch, is not what the community asked for(or maybe just a priority - you have 2years to release an expansion or 1½ year before entering the beta). If that was a thing, then release 100 dungeons and call it World of Dungeons - just ignore the tuning/testing part.

Quality over quantity for the last 18 years(time indeed proved), regardless of your liking.
    Last edited by HansOlo; 2022-12-06 at 01:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Thats by design. Both because its cheap,they can offer you less than you had in previous expansions and also because a handful of butt hurt shit heel mid tier raid cry babies didn't like that other people could have nice things.

- - - Updated - - -

Like this guy. Instead of doing the rational adult thing and not doing that which he didn't like he cried about it on a forum and daddy developer held his hand.
    What a hill to seethe on: bauble trash from the past few expansions literally made to dripfeed depressed burnouts into not abandoning ship.

Game is functionally playable on proper merits again for the first time in a long time. Don't blame others for not joining you in barking for the return of dog water. I suggest employing some of that very mature detatchment you seem into.