10+ Year Old Account
    Where exactly can I check if I have LTI? Originally I bought Mustang + game package, then I upgraded the Mustang into Avenger Titan. $80 worth in total.

I refrained from buying Warbond Drake Cutter during Black Friday discount, but I heard it had LTI. What's more, if I ever melted that Cutter into any other ship that LTI would be passed onto it. I'm kinda regretting my decision I didn't get it
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    Where exactly can I check if I have LTI?
    You login to the Star Citizen website, check your hangar, and your ship or game package will list what kind of insurance you have, ie if it's 6 month insurance or lifetime insurance.

If you own a Mustang, you probably do not have LTI. IIRC the Mustangs were never sold with LTI. To get an LTI Mustang, you would have to have bought a cheaper LTI ship or vehicle and then upgraded that into a Mustang.

Quote Originally Posted by banmebaby View Post
    Warframe was a free-to-play beta 3rd person-shooter looter, Star Citizen is a 45$ alpha Space Sim.

That's pretty much the big difference, one gave you a free basic video game and used its micro-transactions to expand it, the other sold you a video game, charged you for “micro”transactions that go up to the thousands of dollars, some of which haven't even been implemented in the game yet, under promises such as:

"By the end of this year backers will have everything they originally pledged for plus a lot more," - C. Roberts - 2015

The problem is not the game taking +10 years to develop, or even selling 40,000$ JPG packs. The problem is that they keep lying and misleading people about what's and when's, while being years past every release window given, just to try to squeeze that extra hype and keep cashing on those JPGs.

… then they get criticized and made fun for it, then people who are deep financially & emotionally invested in it get offended, then /thread.
    Jim Sterling calls that, very appropriately, "Fee to Pay" games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    You login to the Star Citizen website, check your hangar, and your ship or game package will list what kind of insurance you have, ie if it's 6 month insurance or lifetime insurance.

If you own a Mustang, you probably do not have LTI. IIRC the Mustangs were never sold with LTI. To get an LTI Mustang, you would have to have bought a cheaper LTI ship or vehicle and then upgraded that into a Mustang.
    got 3 month insurance only, shit...
    ppl seem to be obsessed with LTI, eventhough noone knows whats its gonna be in the end. probably not even the devs. so i feel im missing out too

ppl seem to be obsessed with LTI, eventhough noone knows whats its gonna be in the end. probably not even the devs. so i feel im missing out too
    I wouldn't worry about LTI. Permanent ship loss isn't coming for a long time (if ever) and there is no way the devs are going to make insuring your ship with ingame credits very expensive. From a PR and business perspective, it would be suicide, and the project has already been sued by governments and forced to issue refunds in some cases.

The insurance will probably be quite affordable, proportion to the weight class of the ship. If you have a small ship then maybe 3 months of insurance is going to cost 50k-100k credits, which you can acquire over an afternoon. 3 months insurance for a medium sized ship could cost a million. Maybe 5 million for a large ship. While grinding a lot of money ingame right now in the Stanton system is very tedious, that's because the current game has half-baked gameplay loops and is only really designed around people doing missions with small and medium sized ships. Grinding credits in Stanton for a large sized ship takes an absurdly long time, and once you have a large ship it is very, very difficult to actually make money with it. Presumably the final game (if it ever releases) will be designed so that people will large ships with high maintenance costs will have content to do that gives them proportionally enough credits to keep their ships repaired and make a decent profit. A large ship might be making millions per hour in a system designed for large ships, like Pyro. The gameplay loop would have to be fixed before people would be able to buy insurance, and the gameplay loop isn't going to be fixed until the servers are fixed.

You are falling for the FOMO that is rife in SC and enabled/encouraged by a lot of the community. Don't fall for it.

"By the end of this year backers will have everything they originally pledged for plus a lot more," - C. Roberts - 2015

The problem is not the game taking +10 years to develop, or even selling 40,000$ JPG packs. The problem is that they keep lying and misleading people about what's and when's, while being years past every release window given, just to try to squeeze that extra hype and keep cashing on those JPGs.
    That's basically their entire thing though: As far as the shills are going, it's Schrodinger's Space Sim. The devs never need to be accountable for meeting any kind of goals because the game is "perpetually in development", but since it has a playable alpha/beta test that you can pay for the privilege of screwing around in, the shills justify that as progress and an excuse to ignore the shitloads of broken promises and the fact that they are literally half a decade or more behind on delivery of numerous promised features due to the never ending feature creep.

If they had focused on a core product, launched that, and then added the feature creep in managable blocks with hard deadlines as "expansions" or "updates" over time, the "Game" would likely have been fully functional and mostly playable years ago.

I mean, shit, look at No Man's Sky. Those guys Developed a game, Released it, watched it practically bomb, completely overhauled it and effectively re-released it into an almost unrecognizably improved state, and now have a fully functional AA+ title playable across all major platforms with over 20+ major "updates" since "launch". And they still managed to do ALL OF THAT SHIT in less time than it has taken Star Citizen to realize that they are still struggling to figure out the goddamned Netcode for their fucking MMO........ If I was someone with serious money backed into SC, I would be freaking livid, not kissing their asses and shoveling more money into the broken promise pit.

15+ Year Old Account
    … then they get criticized and made fun for it, then people who are deep financially & emotionally invested in it get offended, then /thread.
    yea thats somewhat my asumptions on this topic to
    i would asume its human nature if we get to invested in something, etleast till some age :P
    LA forum is grate example, servers are burning, bots are runing rampart, rng and grind is set to trully korean levels, AGS/SG are milking players without remorse and ppls still defend it :P

"Hope for the best and prepare for the worst"

Quote Originally Posted by kosajk View Post
    yea thats somewhat my asumptions on this topic to
    i would asume its human nature if we get to invested in something, etleast till some age :P
    LA forum is grate example, servers are burning, bots are runing rampart, rng and grind is set to trully korean levels, AGS/SG are milking players without remorse and ppls still defend it :P
    Its sunk cost fallacy.

A lot of people have been using EU consumer protection laws to get refunds, and even selling their accounts on the grey market to at least recover some of the money the spent on it.

There are reddit pages dedicated in helping people with it. There is even a well-known user that serves as some sort of broker in the grey-market that had to limit the accounts he accept to a minimum worth of a thousand dollars because he was just getting swamped with accounts at that point.
    Ahahahaha!

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't worry about LTI. Permanent ship loss isn't coming for a long time (if ever) and there is no way the devs are going to make insuring your ship with ingame credits very expensive. From a PR and business perspective, it would be suicide, and the project has already been sued by governments and forced to issue refunds in some cases.
    i hope its never gonna be like EVE, that u only get cash from insurance, but perma lose the ship. imagine someone that spent thousands of dollars on ships now, and they get to lose them permanently. that would be crazy
    Last edited by Proskill; 2022-12-06 at 07:21 PM.

imagine someone that spent thousands of dollars on ships now, and they get to lose them permanently. that would be crazy
    You misspelled glorious ;D

I highly doubt that will happen, not the kind of shitstorm someone would want to deal with.

…. but then again, we are talking about Star Citizen here...
    Ahahahaha!

I think the point is to have all or at least most of them be grindable. the death is meant to eventually be permanent resulting in you starting a new character with some sort of loss from your last one, maybe reputation or money. seems like insurance is just going to last for a certain amount of time and have different scales maybe base insurance won't replace aftermarket modules but just the base ship, upto things like cargo insurance. I can't say i'm personally hyped about the potential economy of SC, we'll have to see how that works out in the long term. I'm not convinced that it'll surpass the scale of logistics you see in Eve with the whole industrial chain. eve it relatively complex but the scale is also quite impressive, i'm not even sure SC plans to have much of an indepth crafting system. but things like that, base building. core parts of the sandbox just don't exist.

the multi crew ships are stupidly expensive to buy for yourself, it feels more like something a group of ppl would chip in and buy. its quite possible that most of the larger ships won't function that well being flown solo. in other words there isn't much point in dropping $500-1000 on a massive ship if you don't have friends or a group you plan to play with. on the other hand 6+ ppl dropping 100$ each for some sort of flag ship isn't a terrible idea if you want that initial starting point vs everyone buying an avenger titan or something like that. as far as i'm aware you only really need a basic version of the game and you can slowly grind the rest. at least that is supposed to be possible, it likely will be if you're playing with friends regularly probably won't take long to pool funds.

death / risk in sc. at about the 5min mark of this vid.

Last edited by Heathy; 2022-12-06 at 09:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heathy View Post
    things like that, base building. core parts of the sandbox just don't exist.
    On a similar note, I wonder how the devs plans to handle the vulnerability of player owned bases. Will they be vulnerable to breaking and entering and theft/destruction/capture 24/7, even when players are offline asleep or at work? Or will the devs take a note from Space Cowboy Online and EVE Online and allow the base owners to schedule what timeframe the bases are vulnerable to attack?

Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    So much for your melting...
    This just popped to my mind after stumbling upon this french streamer using a RTX 4090 on a 7000$ PC x,D

Ahahahaha!

I think the point is to have all or at least most of them be grindable. the death is meant to eventually be permanent resulting in you starting a new character with some sort of loss from your last one, maybe reputation or money. seems like insurance is just going to last for a certain amount of time and have different scales maybe base insurance won't replace aftermarket modules but just the base ship, upto things like cargo insurance. I can't say i'm personally hyped about the potential economy of SC, we'll have to see how that works out in the long term. I'm not convinced that it'll surpass the scale of logistics you see in Eve with the whole industrial chain. eve it relatively complex but the scale is also quite impressive, i'm not even sure SC plans to have much of an indepth crafting system. but things like that, base building. core parts of the sandbox just don't exist.

the multi crew ships are stupidly expensive to buy for yourself, it feels more like something a group of ppl would chip in and buy. its quite possible that most of the larger ships won't function that well being flown solo. in other words there isn't much point in dropping $500-1000 on a massive ship if you don't have friends or a group you plan to play with. on the other hand 6+ ppl dropping 100$ each for some sort of flag ship isn't a terrible idea if you want that initial starting point vs everyone buying an avenger titan or something like that. as far as i'm aware you only really need a basic version of the game and you can slowly grind the rest. at least that is supposed to be possible, it likely will be if you're playing with friends regularly probably won't take long to pool funds.

death / risk in sc. at about the 5min mark of this vid.
    Crafting is not going to be a thing in SC, its all about the raw resources and its expected newly created ships will require resources to be available which in turn will spawn missions to get and deliver resources where they are needed, NPCs will do this job naturally but players can speed these processes up while earning money doing the jobs they like, the base building ship pioneer will likely just require raw resources and 3d print out stuctures as long as you have materials. Base building will be last to be introduced but much of the work for having a home/base is already done with all the work on outposts and such.

- - - Updated - - -

On a similar note, I wonder how the devs plans to handle the vulnerability of player owned bases. Will they be vulnerable to breaking and entering and theft/destruction/capture 24/7, even when players are offline asleep or at work? Or will the devs take a note from Space Cowboy Online and EVE Online and allow the base owners to schedule what timeframe the bases are vulnerable to attack?
    Housing will be covered under insurance if you have it in a land claim, there will be medical, mining and storage facilities and spawning facilities, I can see turrets being in the homestead feature also, just have land claims all around your org mates and you will have no shortage of players to help defend should the need arise.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

i hope its never gonna be like EVE, that u only get cash from insurance, but perma lose the ship. imagine someone that spent thousands of dollars on ships now, and they get to lose them permanently. that would be crazy
    why? People do it in eve all the time, Stupid is as stupid does.

I'm not convinced that it'll surpass the scale of logistics you see in Eve with the whole industrial chain. eve it relatively complex but the scale is also quite impressive, i'm not even sure SC plans to have much of an indepth crafting system.
    Calling EvE's economy "relatively complex" is a bit like calling Quantum Mechanics "Relatively Complex Math". The guys working on EvE have literal economists on the payroll to monitor how the ingame economy is functioning. Most other MMO economies are like kids trading pokemon cards because they like the pictures by comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Calling EvE's economy "relatively complex" is a bit like calling Quantum Mechanics "Relatively Complex Math". The guys working on EvE have literal economists on the payroll to monitor how the ingame economy is functioning. Most other MMO economies are like kids trading pokemon cards because they like the pictures by comparison.
    Eve got rid of their economist, and then promptly destroyed much of the economy with industry changes ><
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Eve got rid of their economist, and then promptly destroyed much of the economy with industry changes ><
    Heh, figures.

This just popped to my mind after stumbling upon this french streamer using a RTX 4090 on a 7000$ PC x,D

Probably a bug due to the hardware being really new. While I will bash on SC like most others, this time I cannot fault them because new hardware tends to be hit or miss for the first few months.