Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by leviathonlx View Post
    Or maybe the vocal people aren't the majority they think they are.
    I think a good compromise would be thrice weekly. 50-60 hour timers instead of 80-90 hour timers.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperKarateDeathCar View Post
    Well will be a good change for leveling alts I guess since there will be way more WQs now. Although I dunno how lucrative those are for xp
    Only if they are relatively quick like the fly course missions or are in an area where there are quests to do with them. Normal questing usually wins, because travel time is way less and you can complete multiple quests at the same time.

In a sense this is only good for more rep, which isn't really needed for anything. And to some extent gearing alts, but as soon as M+ opens it's a non thing, because you can just go do 1 M0 and then spam +2s till you have enough gear to go forward and it's much much faster gearing than WQs.

I didnt realize they were semi weekly until today. Hit 70 on my first character 3 days ago. Did all the WQs. Logged on yesterday and had nothing. Was confused. But then was playing an alt. Did all the WQs yesterday. Expected more today. Nothing. Logged back on my first 70, nothing. Was confused, up until right now, when I read that they were semi weekly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Very mixed feelings on this. Most likely needed, but I also enjoyed the slower rotation...
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

Welp Blizz rolled it back so...

I don't know I was kinda eh on the whole thing anyway

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    No, god no. It was perfect as it was. I don't wanna have to log in every single day to make sure im not missing anything. i could actually enjoy alts and other games when this shit was bi-weekly
    I don't understand this. I've played the past x expansions just fine without torturing my self over completing every single world quest.

They rolled it back, that means they do listen.

I dont get it. If they didn't nerf the rewards, couldn't you just do them twice a week and still get the same thing as before? Why hate it just because the option is there to do more?

Upon further review and consideration, we’ve decided to drop this change at this time.

Be careful they're still considering re adding this in. Hopefully them not re adding it in while be their decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Flame6 View Post
    I dont get it. If they didn't nerf the rewards, couldn't you just do them twice a week and still get the same thing as before? Why hate it just because the option is there to do more?
    That's what it sounded like. It was just more quests without reducing the amount of rewards per quest. So people who were happy just doing them twice a week could still do that and other people could do more if they wanted.

And now Blizzard went back on the change because idiots bitched about having more options.

No fuck off, I'm glad I don't have to scour the map every day for quests to push renown. Especially if they have odd expiration dates that require me to do some earlier than others or else I will miss them. If you want to give me daily content make crafting less of a pain in the ass.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

I definitely fear DF going the WoD route of having nothing to do outside raids, PvP, and M+ and I do feel getting the rep too quickly was the real reason to go back on this change given the nerfs to other ways to get rep. It’s really going to come down to how well they do the patch cycle as the other things like dragon riding don’t have much in the way of replayability. Right now this feels like the knee jerk reaction Blizzard had in WoD due to people complaining about MoP dailies.
    Last edited by leviathonlx; 2022-12-06 at 03:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    it took 5 days for blizzard to realise that - " no people dont do anything that doesnt offer them power upgrades"
    Problem with the wow player base.

Content exists >>> Does it give player power

If yes: Mandatory
    If no: Does not exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    People had nothing to do, big unexpected surprise.

There is only so many times people would do the hunt, mix soup or roleplay as flying garbage truck digging through dirt to progress renown and thus story.
    While that is true, I doubt the solution here is to make you grind boring chores every day for weeks..
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

I know it's MOSTLY different people but theres something cathartic after coming from an expansion of BLIZZARD SHOULDN'T TIMEGATE we have a thread that's effectively Time Gate me Harder Daddy

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post

This is sort of a general MMO problem. Time played is time spent and that time also has a monthly cost attached. It makes sense that people would want as much bang for their buck crammed into the time they've got. In WoW that's mostly expressed as player power, although they've tried to offset that with various other collectables. The casuals get their power for doing content, the completionists get their checklists to fill and the raiders...tend to not be put off by any of this either way.

It's only really MMORPGs that have a strong RP presence that don't need to worry much about fabricating content, the playerbase will do it themselves.

FOMO wins again. In ideal world all WQs should be weekly, so casual player would have ability to do mandatory tasks on weekend only.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post

You're not wrong.

The solution, I suppose, is to find something people WANT that isn't just power. WoW really needs some kind of parallel horizontal progression system, but at this point, I'm not sure it's something we'll ever get. Maybe the game is too old, and they're not willing to make that bet for uncertain returns. Who knows.

It's not easy to find something people care about other than power. If it was, we'd have it.

A great change ruined by a vocal minority of people who only want to raid log. This truly is WoD all over again.

Having stuff to do 2/7 days in a week for those of us who actually enjoy world content is not satisfactory.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    A great change ruined by a vocal minority of people who only want to raid log. This truly is WoD all over again.

Having stuff to do 2/7 days in a week for those of us who actually enjoy world content is not satisfactory.
    No, game is ruined by no-life players, who want to have 8hr work shift in game every day, otherwise they have nothing to and quit. Back in WotLK, when game was on it's peak, I was able to log in to do LFD in order to farm my weekly cap and all other time could be dedicated to pugging raids. And it was great. Zero FOMO.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.