Page 49 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Swizerland can still come back from 4 down :copium:

- - - Updated - - -

3 more! :copium:

hoping for an 8-2 so i can post 'id 8-2 be swiss right now' a classic of the genre

Swiss look literally helpless on the field

I turned it off, I guess the Swiss got a goal back? Good for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ronaldo's replacement gets a hat trick, Ronaldo fires a free kick smack into the wall.

Man might be done for the tournament.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

7+ Year Old Account
    Holy crap, this is a copy of yesterday. One match is a hilariously one sided penalty shoot-out, other one is a stomp.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

That game was pretty wild. Portugal good? Switzerland rubbish?

Al Nassr might want a discount now

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Swiss look literally helpless on the field
    Something something Swiss cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by Northern Goblin View Post
    Ronaldo's replacement gets a hat trick, Ronaldo fires a free kick smack into the wall.

Man might be done for the tournament.
    He's old grumpy and full of himself. The audience doesn't help with any of this. People were screaming for Ronaldo when his replacement managed to score 3 goals. Every time he even looks at the ball the audience loses their minds like its the second coming of Christ.

You can see how this plays out every time he has the ball, he's awfully quick to dispose of it and then seems angry with his collegues if the pass doesn't connect or they lose the ball. None of this is good for the morale of the team.

The best thing for Portugal is for Ronaldo not to play.
    "In real life, unlike in Shakespeare, the sweetness of the rose depends upon the name it bears. Things are not only what they are. They are, in very important respects, what they seem to be"

End of quote. Repeat the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    That game was pretty wild. Portugal good? Switzerland rubbish?
    Both I'd say, Portugal played well at first, then they didn't even have to play well because Swiss collapsed and it was just a formality and a matter of how many goals they score.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Both I'd say, Portugal played well at first, then they didn't even have to play well because Swiss collapsed and it was just a formality and a matter of how many goals they score.
    Switzerland needed to go forward after the 1-0 goal, so it looked absolutely shite.

But yeah, definitely an underperformance by the Swiss, which forced them to play in a less organised way that made Portugal look REAL good.

Portugal will struggle more against Morocco is my prediction, but will still win comfortably (2-0 / 3-1)

Quote Originally Posted by Pozz View Post
    Portugal will struggle more against Morocco is my prediction, but will still win comfortably (2-0 / 3-1)
    I think so too, Morocco wasn't really tested yet. Belgium, Croatia and Spain were all cautious teams that are fine staying in possession and try building long actions, which fits Morocco. Portugal is a far more decisive and intense team and I don't think Morocco can handle them for 90 minutes. Portugal concedes plenty of goals, though, so that's the only chance for them.

5+ Year Old Account
    I think so too, Morocco wasn't really tested yet. Belgium, Croatia and Spain were all cautious teams that are fine staying in possession and try building long actions, which fits Morocco. Portugal is a far more decisive and intense team and I don't think Morocco can handle them for 90 minutes. Portugal concedes plenty of goals, though, so that's the only chance for them.
    Still, including that penalties series Morocco so far conceded 1 goal, against Canada... and that was some serious fluke goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazza View Post
    Still, including that penalties series Morocco so far conceded 1 goal, against Canada... and that was some serious fluke goal.
    They haven't conceded, but then consider that Portugal had more shots on target today than Morocco had against them in their 4 matches. Belgium and Canada only scored 1 goal each in their 3 matches. Croatia scored 5, but 4 of them were vs a bad Canada and the only other 1 was vs Japan who conceded 1 in every match. Spain scored 2 in 3 matches (barring 7 vs Costa Rica, but that was a massive fluke). So Morocco was playing vs opponents that were regularly unable to score, while Portugal scored in their every match. Which is why I'm saying this is going to be the first test for Morocco, but then you could argue it's also going to be the first test for Portugal.

They haven't conceded, but then consider that Portugal had more shots on target today than Morocco had against them in their 4 matches. Belgium and Canada only scored 1 goal each in their 3 matches. Croatia scored 5, but 4 of them were vs a bad Canada and the only other 1 was vs Japan who conceded 1 in every match. Spain scored 2 in 3 matches (barring 7 vs Costa Rica, but that was a massive fluke). So Morocco was playing vs opponents that were regularly unable to score, while Portugal scored in their every match. Which is why I'm saying this is going to be the first test for Morocco, but then you could argue it's also going to be the first test for Portugal.
    reminds me of the other day when they showed mbappes stats vs the whole of the poland team and he had more shots, more goals etc. good stuff.

Think morocco are the romantic story so im rooting for them.

I'm be more willing to root for Morocco if some of their fans weren't apparently just a bunch of hooligans looking for an excuse to riot.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Shame the Swiss lost, at least their flag is a big plus

And so after all that only one upset moves to the 8, with me missing the pks due to the dog wanting a walk. Well you berks, beat France and I think you got this. GL.

Quote Originally Posted by nenyuhaifen View Post
    Of course, those times were quite interesting. But today's championship is no less interesting. You do not know what to expect from this championship and who will win it, because there is no definite favorite. Weak teams show a great game, and strong teams on the contrary play as if they were for the first time on the field.
    I predicted every winner in the Ro16 except Morocco, and even that win was by the skin of their teeth. The favored team won in every single match after the group stage except for Spain.

Yes the group games were fun and interesting with those upsets, but everyone got serious after. It's an exaggeration to say "there is no definite favorite"; Brazil and France are definite favorites and if they don't end up in the finals, it's because a huge upset occurred.

QF winners will be Argentina, Brazil, France, and Portugal. I'd like to see England go through but I don't see them having the quality for it just quite yet.
    Last edited by vizzle; 2022-12-07 at 04:02 AM.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.