Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmicpreds View Post
    I mean, Malfurion is still around, he's just not going to be on Azeroth for the while. Dudes prolly gonna spend time there, similar to how he spent time in the Dream. Would actually be perfect for his character, since he's done fuck all since Legion ngl (outside of some out of game shit and that 1 cinematic in 8.1 where he beat up some peeps and threatened a regular ass Horde dude).
    Yo…don’t point out the facts man. How are people supposed to be outraged? Nobody cared that he slept for like 10,000 years in the burrows and went off and played in the Emerald Dream, but going to Ardenweald temporarily so that Ysera can rebuild the green flight and help restore the Aspect powers, and then return back there allowing Malfurion to return again permanently (until Ysera needs to come back again/if that even needs to happen once her daughter takes over) that’s all asking too much apparently. It’s also not like nobody can visit him in Ardenweald….it’s exactly like visiting the Emerald Dream….just a different realm, same travel method.

He might even learn some new powers and can enjoy planting soul seeds in the gardens.

This is actually win/win. Ysera can come back and do Ysera stuff and Malfurion gets to come and go like he would do anyway with his long sleeps in the Emerald Dream.

But hey don’t let me take away from your outrage simply because it’s a Denuser story and being angry at everything he does is the new trend these days.
    Last edited by Hobbidaggy; 2022-12-07 at 01:02 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Well, when they never got anything but a boot in the face, they're going to talk about it.
    Lol.
    (Also, no, it's been since MoP. Everyone remembers the "A Little Patience" bullshit.)
    Like i said, the secret is stop asking, if you ask, this is what you get.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Like i said, the secret is stop asking, if you ask, this is what you get.
    I don't disagree.

But that doesn't take anything away from the argument tbh.

Maybe because the point make no sense or does not reflect reality.

You are getting, you just need to wait until a night elf leader or Tuyralyion goes murder hobo and e have to raid stormwind, only missing that rly.

It may never happen because blizzard in fact, have a bias with the alliance and if they cry loud enough, they will not villain bat their leaders

moving goalposts, yet any damage dealt still makes the factions even or in alliance favour, every time.

YOU think so, maybe YOU want this, sadly, your thoughs are not shared by majority of the loud alliance

for now, its delusional to think she is not going to be the next leader

and a council member still is a leader anyway

Except, they always end up better, and with more victorie, as getting ashenvale yet again at the end of mop and becoming the super-power after raiding and sacking the enemy capital, and after bfa when thy on every single battlefront
    Its not just mine opinion. Majority of Alliance fanbase are sick and tired of our characters being reduced into worthless sops who can only act when its some neutral threat #367 but the moment Horde shows up all they can master is some half-assed defence while someone (like Anduin) still whines in the background about how war is terrible and we all are terrible cause we participate.

Also Alliance “superpower” status amounted for what? None of the land it lost was returned, not even in lore. Only zone they managed to “fix” was Ashenvale and only because Tyrande bargained Azshara off for it, giving up the fight for it. Alliance’s losses in EK were not addressed at all.

Its weird how “superpower” feels like they bow down to “weaker” power. I dont think it should work this way.

Also they indeed made a conscious effort to change forsaken story after receiving negative feedback. They actively rewrote it, adding much more of the forsaken being well… their usual forsaken personages and made Calia look like a meek nobody begging to be let in to play in their sandbox. Even after she helps them at her own risk only one forsaken councilor aside from her is trusting her, others remain sceptical.

Because it's a Horde event. She would be disrespecting her allies if she didn't show and respect the armistice. They don't really care if the Kaldorei/Genn don't appear.[/QUOTE]

I would have loved it if a Kaldorei ambassador would have showen up and given a toast to lord Lor'themar Theron and then looked at Thalyssra Oculeth and toast with something like "and to you lady Elisande kin slayer" and then teleport away ruining the day. Now that would have been fun

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VladlTutushkin View Post
    Its not just mine opinion. Majority of Alliance fanbase are sick and tired of our characters being reduced into worthless sops who can only act when its some neutral threat #367 but the moment Horde shows up all they can master is some half-assed defence while someone (like Anduin) still whines in the background about how war is terrible and we all are terrible cause we participate.
    and the horde is tired of their character dying or reduced to simps or just worthless aliance lapdogs or get the faction vilalins yet again.

Like open your eyes, You have to stop thinking this is an alliance x horde scenario, thinking blizzard have bias with the horde or that they hate the alliance, this is nonsense, its blizzard x players, they are ruining the warcraft lore and shitting on every race and faction, because is what they like.

The current devs have a massive amount of bias towards elves, this is what you get when the devs want to do stoy about the race they like, shit, because they are bad, simple as that.

this is not just about your race or your faction, this is not another player/faction fault, your race didn't get the worst and don't need compensation, that the devs sure as hell won't give

Also Alliance “superpower” status amounted for what? None of the land it lost was returned, not even in lore. Only zone they managed to “fix” was Ashenvale and only because Tyrande bargained Azshara off for it, giving up the fight for it. Alliance’s losses in EK were not addressed at all.
    And again, what you want? they will not erase the horde from the game buddy, even with all the "horde victories" in cat-mop this was to make the factions EVEN, as the alliance had more territories and quests from vanilla to wtlk.

Azshara still is attacked by the night elves ANYWAY, we changed nothing from catactysm in the end
    Its weird how “superpower” feels like they bow down to “weaker” power. I dont think it should work this way.
    They only did that in bfa, because they could not erase the faction, since that is what you want, committing to keep the war would be worse for both faction

And surprise, only the horde lost its leader, characters and became red alliance.

Also they indeed made a conscious effort to change forsaken story after receiving negative feedback. They actively rewrote it, adding much more of the forsaken being well… their usual forsaken personages and made Calia look like a meek nobody begging to be let in to play in their sandbox. Even after she helps them at her own risk only one forsaken councilor aside from her is trusting her, others remain sceptical.
    This is just temporary, lmao, they are adding slowly and silent until it can't be changed

This is just temporary, lmao, they are adding slowly and silent until it can't be changed
    Yeah, people are acting as if this is the first time Blizzard bullshitted the playerbase to force something that was unpopular since the moment it got datamined. Like, I don't know, Kerrilldank becoming the Chosen One and people reacting with dislike to that because he's way too much of a dick to deserve that. First time got completely quit on the topic in interviews, then they even gave us a cinematic of him disenchanting Xe'ra so they could go "See? Kerrilldank totally is not becoming a Light infused Chosen One!" only to add "... But he is becoming the Jailer of Sargeras! Bow down to your savior, you gullible idiots." five seconds later. And let's not forget how the BfA storyline that put the chain of events which gave us Calia as leader of the Forsaken in motion started with even some of the most important people at Blizzard going all about "muh shades of grey" to make BfA more palatable.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2022-12-07 at 11:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

and the horde is tired of their character dying or reduced to simps or just worthless aliance lapdogs or get the faction vilalins yet again.

Like open your eyes, You have to stop thinking this is an alliance x horde scenario, thinking blizzard have bias with the horde or that they hate the alliance, this is nonsense, its blizzard x players, they are ruining the warcraft lore and shitting on every race and faction, because is what they like.

The current devs have a massive amount of bias towards elves, this is what you get when the devs want to do stoy about the race they like, shit, because they are bad, simple as that.

this is not just about your race or your faction, this is not another player/faction fault, your race didn't get the worst and don't need compensation, that the devs sure as hell won't give

And again, what you want? they will not erase the horde from the game buddy, even with all the "horde victories" in cat-mop this was to make the factions EVEN, as the alliance had more territories and quests from vanilla to wtlk.

Azshara still is attacked by the night elves ANYWAY, we changed nothing from catactysm in the end

They only did that in bfa, because they could not erase the faction, since that is what you want, committing to keep the war would be worse for both faction

And surprise, only the horde lost its leader, characters and became red alliance.

What i want, what majority of Alliance players want is for us to give as good as we receive. Aka for some leader during a war to say “Fine, if Horde wants to play dirty so will we and they will rue the day they poked a sleeping giant.”

And then proceed with equal responses. So Horde burns down a village - Alliance burns down a Horde village. Horde commits a massacre - Alliance commits a massacre. Horde executes prisoners - Alliance executes prisoners. Basically a bloody and severe response to Horde’s actions.

That would also eventually make the “war is heck and we shall stop” turn much more palatable since both factions would feel like they crossed the line, instead of it looking like Horde was beating Alliance to a pulp while also salting the wounds while Alliance was doing some weird boxing moves in the air.

What i want, what majority of Alliance players want is for us to give as good as we receive. Aka for some leader during a war to say “Fine, if Horde wants to play dirty so will we and they will rue the day they poked a sleeping giant.” And then proceed with equal responses. So Horde burns down a village - Alliance burns down a Horde village. Horde commits a massacre - Alliance commits a massacre. Horde executes prisoners - Alliance executes prisoners. Basically a bloody and severe response to Horde’s actions. That would also eventually make the “war is heck and we shall stop” turn much more palatable since both factions would feel like they crossed the line, instead of it looking like Horde was beating Alliance to a pulp while also salting the wounds while Alliance was doing some weird boxing moves in the air.
    That sort of thinking doesn't work. You have to go to the heart of the Horde...what it means, in this case, what it once meant.
    I can envision Stormwind trying to declare a peace or even an armistice, but the focus will be on night elves, with dwarves and draeni trying hard not to pointedly glance in their direction.

You can write the story either way. But it'll take a damn good writer to go the "peace" route.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    That sort of thinking doesn't work. You have to go to the heart of the Horde...what it means, in this case, what it once meant.
    I can envision Stormwind trying to declare a peace or even an armistice, but the focus will be on night elves, with dwarves and draeni trying hard not to pointedly glance in their direction.

You can write the story either way. But it'll take a damn good writer to go the "peace" route.
    Both factions having an equal war and “crossing the line” can lead to strong peace sentiment rising on both homefrotns.

Both factions having an equal war and “crossing the line” can lead to strong peace sentiment rising on both homefrotns.
    It's the night elves that need to be won over regarding peace. And I just can't see any sizeable faction within the night elf population (assuming that there's any faction in the night elves after messing up Elune's characterization) that would desire peace with the Horde...as is. Tauren druids would be the perfect ambassadors but they, more than any in the Horde, would (should) be sympathetic...too much so. Night Elves would (should) ask pointed questions about how Tauren are treated within the Horde. (We know the answer in that regard)
    Which should invariably lead to my first questioning point above; what did it mean to be the Horde?
    You're familiar with my posts, so you already know I endorse a more "neutral" faction. Both Tauren and Night Elf are feeling slighted and disaffected, a fertile ground for another direction than simply "Alliance" and "Horde."

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Baine doesn't count as Tauren representation under any circumstances because his presence is a case of human representation as he's nothing more than a hemorrhoid on Anduin's rectum. So not the best example.

Something similar happens here. But not as bad as the Tauren Boss. (The advantage of the Kaldorei is that at least in W3 they were well written. Baine never was XD)

But for example the burning of Teldrazzil is to make Orc lore. Everything then focuses on the fact that Varock feels very sad.

This whole new seed issue. It is to represent the green flight.

Everything about the Night War in SL. It's just to tell you that they are not going to tell us the story that we were promised in BFA.

In the same way that Baine only comes out to give Humans development. Almost all the kaldorei representation is to give development to another race or say "hey this story that we are going to tell you about the Kaldorei in the end we are not going to tell you".

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbidaggy View Post
    This is actually win/win. Ysera can come back and do Ysera stuff and Malfurion gets to come and go like he would do anyway with his long sleeps in the Emerald Dream.
    Not really. Because neither of them is going to help the Kaldorei with their powers.
    Because otherwise there is no war or else the issue ends quickly or something like that.

Check out everything Malfurion did when he healed in BFA. Or how much he actually did during all of WoW.

The Kaldorei gaining more powers is bad. Because Blizzard won't let them use it. This will be at best the stories of Malfurion Guerrero Nocturno and Yesara Guerrera Nocturna.
    A supposed great power but completely useless.

PS: Apart from that, you realize that the entire Cinematic talks to you as if it were a sacrifice. Not just "get away for a while." Everything indicates that the plan was for him to die. But they noticed the reaction of the people and they invented again this excuse of "it's not just going to gain more power".

If Malfurion was only going to go away for a while, there was no point in all of Tyrande's moment of sadness.
    Last edited by geco; 2022-12-07 at 01:59 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    What i want, what majority of Alliance players want is for us to give as good as we receive. Aka for some leader during a war to say “Fine, if Horde wants to play dirty so will we and they will rue the day they poked a sleeping giant.”
    When did you get the mantle to speak for all the alliance? how do you think majority of the alliance wants that?

Majority of alliance players in foruns and other social media see themselves as righteous, pure and good, they will never play dirty, they don't want to attack first, that would be evil.

Sorry m8 you are more alone in this than you know. Like, there is people to this very day that want to argue that it wasn't the alliance who starter the cataclysm war and attacked first
    And then proceed with equal responses. So Horde burns down a village - Alliance burns down a Horde village. Horde commits a massacre - Alliance commits a massacre. Horde executes prisoners - Alliance executes prisoners. Basically a bloody and severe response to Horde’s actions.

See how well this end up in cataclysm and mop, as alliance players wanting by all means to change things up to not make themselves as evil.

Massacre, burning down villages, those are evil acts, that alliance don't tolerate, they are the good guys and the players wan that way.

I don't deny i would like that as well, since this is the warcraft i learned and it was more or less like that till cata, but this is pipe drem by now, as this devs clearly don't want to go that way

When did you get the mantle to speak for all the alliance? how do you think majority of the alliance wants that?

Majority of alliance players in foruns and other social media see themselves as righteous, pure and good, they will never play dirty, they don't want to attack first, that would be evil.

Sorry m8 you are more alone in this than you know. Like, there is people to this very day that want to argue that it wasn't the alliance who starter the cataclysm war and attacked first

See how well this end up in cataclysm and mop, as alliance players wanting by all means to change things up to not make themselves as evil.

Massacre, burning down villages, those are evil acts, that alliance don't tolerate, they are the good guys and the players wan that way.

I don't deny i would like that as well, since this is the warcraft i learned and it was more or less like that till cata, but this is pipe drem by now, as this devs clearly don't want to go that way
    Wrong. In fact Alliance players spent more time demanding that kind of warfare on forums for almost entire BfA.

Its in fact very righteous to defend your land, strike against wicked and punish the sinful. It is what righteous retribution is about.

You mistaking Alliance fans wanting to be righteous and good for wanting to be meek and weak.

7+ Year Old Account
    Wrong. In fact Alliance players spent more time demanding that kind of warfare on forums for almost entire BfA.
    I was part of the Us and other official forum, and also checked the EU one, from cata to BFA, and i disagree entirely.

I still have vivid memories of alliance players demanding that blizzard CHANGED the bfa questline where alliance players kill the vulpera who were helping the horde, because that was something the alliance would never do, despite being totally logical
    Its in fact very righteous to defend your land, strike against wicked and punish the sinful. It is what righteous retribution is about.
    You want revenge, burn villages, genocide, you said yourself, that is not the kind of thing alliance players want to do.

Alliance players want the reactionary gameplay, but not too much so they don't look bad.

Alliance players want the reactionary gameplay, but not too much so they don't look bad.
    Yaa your about 10 years to late for that one, the alliance haven't done anything but look weak for ages now only ever reacting to the actions of the horde.

The alliance haven't had a good Win or YAAAA moment in for at least over 10 years now, any and all win we get are in books outside of wow and isn't EVER shown.

I want to smash some hords faces in and burn some townes down to the ground and all the allys playes i know want the same. if the horde can do this without being dismantled as a faction then the alliance can do it as well.

I even know of a way to do that, get the Night elves to go back to Dranor go to the Botani harvest a ton of seed sporse, then go back fly over orgrimar and spray the seeds over it, the seeds will bloom spred more sporse turning orks into the plant zombis we saw in wod and then the plants will mutate and start eating its people up, now that is revenge.

After that you can get some quest lines for the horde to try and save as many civilians you can befor the plants eat them all and the horde char. rendering orgrimar overgrown with plants, and hostile monsters that once were their friends and family.

And befor you say this is WAYYY to evil well that is what the horde did to the night elfs when Silvanas burned the tree and resurected the fallen Night elves and had them kill their own friends and love one's, totaly not mind control. And this wont be permanent, after a long quest line orgrimer will then be cleand up, and hei a bonus now the orks have all the lumber they need :-)

In what universe is the Alliance, the faction that only ever won a war against the Horde only because the Horde imploded into infighting, the "sleeping giant"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

In what universe is the Alliance, the faction that only ever won a war against the Horde only because the Horde imploded into infighting, the "sleeping giant"?
    In the same universe where it is apparently a superpower. Victory comes to one who fights, and you shall never underestimate Alliance.

Especially when one can argue that Alliance often gets losses due to not being proactive enough.

Also it is not a “total victory” i want, but an actual eye for an eye, equal war leading to a stalemate.

- - - Updated - - -

I was part of the Us and other official forum, and also checked the EU one, from cata to BFA, and i disagree entirely.

I still have vivid memories of alliance players demanding that blizzard CHANGED the bfa questline where alliance players kill the vulpera who were helping the horde, because that was something the alliance would never do, despite being totally logical

You want revenge, burn villages, genocide, you said yourself, that is not the kind of thing alliance players want to do.

You forgot WHY people were mad about vulperas? Because it was Alliance’s whole “allowance” of proactivity spent on useless furries when we had such prime targets like orcs and forsaken.

Nobody liked burning vulperas because it was dumb, and because it wasnt logical to suddenly go ham on weird desert pigmies when “core” Horde races were the main shitters.

Also burning villages and killing is exactly what Alliance players want. Forums can attest to that.
    Last edited by VladlTutushkin; 2022-12-08 at 08:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Imagine being a Night Elf fan in 2022
    "the beatings will continue"

it makes sense if you look at it upside down.

oh shit hes too powerful.....just put him to sleep for a couple expacs.

oh shit he woke up.....how about we just put him out of commission for a war.

oh shit wars done, what now.....fuck it send him to the shadowlands.

its like fighting a frost mage in BC. every time you get close, they jusssssssssst jump out of reach.

- - - Updated - - -

people forget that the alliance needed one half of the horde to bring down the other half.
    Last edited by Minikin; 2022-12-08 at 08:21 AM.
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

Quote Originally Posted by geco View Post
    Something similar happens here. But not as bad as the Tauren Boss. (The advantage of the Kaldorei is that at least in W3 they were well written. Baine never was XD)

But for example the burning of Teldrazzil is to make Orc lore. Everything then focuses on the fact that Varock feels very sad.

This whole new seed issue. It is to represent the green flight.

Everything about the Night War in SL. It's just to tell you that they are not going to tell us the story that we were promised in BFA.

In the same way that Baine only comes out to give Humans development. Almost all the kaldorei representation is to give development to another race or say "hey this story that we are going to tell you about the Kaldorei in the end we are not going to tell you".
    Yes, for example if they really want the war of thorns a night elf story and wanna SL to happen they can do it. Like the elfs can watch the borders of ashenvale and ambush them with the worgens and draenei, kill as many horde as they can. Push them out almost to xroads. With that many soul going to the jailer anyway. And don’t need to spit on the night elfs face again.
    Not like in the current story where a blonde haired white elf camouflaged in a purple forest and ambushing town guards, horde army marching unnoticed in the kaldorei ancestral lands. No scouts, no watchers, sentinel owls, druid in animal form. No-one can issued an alarm. What the actual f**k…