Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Bind-on-Equip Items from Mythic Raid in Early Season 1

Bind-on-Equip Items from Mythic Raid in Early Season 1
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    When the Vault of the Incarnates raid opens next week, enemies inside will occasionally drop Bind-on-Equip loot, as in previous raids. For early Season 1 play, we’re putting a restriction on BoEs that drop in Mythic difficulty.

• For the first few weeks of Dragonflight Season 1, items that would have been Bind-on-Equip in lower difficulties will drop as Bind-on-Pickup items in Mythic difficulty.

One of our goals with rewards has always been to primarily make the best loot in the game come through gameplay, rather than spending gold. Bind-on-Equip items from raids have long been exceptions to that, but they provide something unique to raiders: when raid groups don’t need the BoEs for progression anymore, they can be sold to fund consumables and repairs. In Dragonflight Season 1, Mythic difficulty is opening at the same time as other difficulties, a full week before players will have even opened the Vault for the first time, and Mythic BoEs represent more of a power increase than we wish to see available for gold.

Once a few weeks have passed, we’ll revise the items to drop as BoEs in Mythic difficulty. Please note that the second adjustment will not change already-acquired soulbound gear back into Bind-on-Equip. After that time, only new drops will be BoEs.

We’ll see you in Vault of the Incarnates next week!

Great change both for the world first race and against pay2win (inb4 I start a semantics war).
    Tbh. I wouldn't mind this for heroic as well.

Let's also hope this isn't a one time thing.

I LOVE this change. Wish they would do it as well for heroic. Keeps the rich folks from thinking they can just buy the gear to raid instead of working for it. I back this decision 5000%.

Makes total sense tbh, anything that curbs and/or caps gold-for-power trading is a good move.

Cool, it's not like I ever get any boe anyway.

This makes me wonder ×here the lieutenant mobs that drop the Boe items will be

i like this change a lot.

i wonder how much of an impact that will make on the world first race.
    on one hand we have group loot for easier funneling back, on the other hand you can no longer buy BiS pieces during the first weeks.

do we know how long it will take to get the crafting material that upgrades stuff to heroic/mythic ilvl?
    i know you need 10 or 15 pieces of loot each dropping from high enough content, but could it be farmed in m+ and PvP week 1 of the season?
    The above mentioned remarks, ideas and notions are simply my thought on this topic. I do not wish to aggravate, denounce or criticize anyone who, for whatever reason, may disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    This makes me wonder ×here the lieutenant mobs that drop the Boe items will be
    From what I heard from the beta there are 3 lieutenant mobs. One after the first two bosses of the left and right wing and one before the second to last boss. So right before the bosses that can drop higher ilvl loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Narzok View Post
    i like this change a lot.

i wonder how much of an impact that will make on the world first race.
    Probably none, since it's a level field. It's just some extra loot per instance, end of story. It won't change their behavior or farming, it'll just mean they'll have slightly lower ilvl than they used to with mythic BoEs being a thing - but comparisons across tiers (let alone cross expansions) have very little meaning to begin with, so for the actual race within the tier it just won't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Probably none, since it's a level field. It's just some extra loot per instance, end of story. It won't change their behavior or farming, it'll just mean they'll have slightly lower ilvl than they used to with mythic BoEs being a thing - but comparisons across tiers (let alone cross expansions) have very little meaning to begin with, so for the actual race within the tier it just won't matter.
    i should have clarified, i mean mostly how the behaviour changes outside of the actual raid progress,
    with the "we buy your BoE items, 1m per piece!" not being around and split runs being back to rather simple group loot rules.
    with how much buzz there was about gold spend for raid prep, this should be a step in the right direction.
    wasn't there a news article about a world first guild spending several hundred million gold on raid prep? i think it was either Echo or Limit.
    The above mentioned remarks, ideas and notions are simply my thought on this topic. I do not wish to aggravate, denounce or criticize anyone who, for whatever reason, may disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Narzok View Post
    i should have clarified, i mean mostly how the behaviour changes outside of the actual raid progress,
    with the "we buy your BoE items, 1m per piece!" not being around and split runs being back to rather simple group loot rules.
    There will be splits.

So many splits.

SO. MANY. SPLITS.

And I'm sure they'll still be buying hc BoEs, but yeah, I guess they might save on gold this time around since mythic BoEs did tend to go for absurd sums.

Great call, should use it in more situations where P2W is to gray to be either whitish or blackish.

Quote Originally Posted by lordjust View Post
    From what I heard from the beta there are 3 lieutenant mobs. One after the first two bosses of the left and right wing and one before the second to last boss. So right before the bosses that can drop higher ilvl loot.
    So this is definitely a good change then
    Less 5m boes from guilds that have the first one on farm

- - - Updated - - -

There will be splits.

So many splits.

SO. MANY. SPLITS.

And I'm sure they'll still be buying hc BoEs, but yeah, I guess they might save on gold this time around since mythic BoEs did tend to go for absurd sums.
    They'll have team 2 and alts
    At least 2 lieutenants will be unlocked by the end of first week

They'll have team 2 and alts
    At least 2 lieutenants will be unlocked by the end of first week
    Keep in mind, though, that mythic lockouts are still ID-bound. You can't really do splits there, even with a second team.

Keep in mind, though, that mythic lockouts are still ID-bound. You can't really do splits there, even with a second team.
    i dont think splits will be needed for the first couple bosses tbh

i dont think splits will be needed for the first couple bosses tbh
    As most of the RWF raiders have repeatedly said: no boss matters except the last one. Everything they do in terms of gearing is entirely aimed at that.

> best loot in the game come through gameplay, rather than spending gold

cough crafting cough boosting

Quote Originally Posted by Caprias View Post
    Great change both for the world first race and against pay2win (inb4 I start a semantics war).
    Tbh. I wouldn't mind this for heroic as well.

Let's also hope this isn't a one time thing.
    Same same. While I have no doubt that some people just make enough gold to buy BoEs from raiding, most people who buy it will do so via the token aka p2w. Unlocking BoEs when most people have at least decent amount of similar gear will help to keep the prices low and serve more as an alt/catch up gear.

Very good decision.
    No more cancerous P2W for best guilds.

This is actually a slight dent to player power for race to world first guilds. Since they will all start with normal + HC to get tier, most likely they will not step into mythic in the first 2 days, unless the raid is undertuned.

You can only get drops from the lieutenants the first time you kill them, so if a character runs normal or HC first they won't be eligible to get the mythic lieutenants loot. Unless they can sub in most of the raid before engaging with the lieutenants or lower difficulties. Don't even know if that would work.