Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Yes, they could. They backed off going after Trump at first but since no charges were ever filed, they still could at any time.

Now, we're not seeing enough people in Trump Org turning on Trump...yet. It could be happening quietly of course, but so far, I don't see any reason they'd charge him based on the results of this trial.

Yes, the results of this trial are now evidence.
    I was going to say that implicating Trump shouldn't be so hard when the organisation is already found guilty but then I remembered that for some reason assuming the head of an organisation who puts his signature on the paperwork is responsible for the systematic actions of those under him is not a given...
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

https://twitter.com/laurenboebert/st...86730599809026

This is what you call pathetic. Kanye went on Tucker Carlson to speak his mind and did so eloquently.

Since he spoke out against the “godless agenda” that the media is pushing, they now pull out the old “hatemonger” attack.
    This tweet still exists because I guess Lauren Boebert is pretty cool with Nazi's.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://twitter.com/laurenboebert/st...86730599809026

This tweet still exists because I guess Lauren Boebert is an idiot and pretty cool with Nazi's.
    fixed that
    "The customer is always right" is a nice way of saying "I will put up with your bullshit as long as you pay me"

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/12/07/p...sis/index.html

Former President Donald Trump’s bad week is bad news for his comeback.

His family business was convicted Tuesday of criminal tax fraud. On the same day, his hand-picked candidate lost a winnable Senate race in a red state. The House January 6 committee has decided to make criminal referrals to the Justice Department – possibly of him or his close associates. And his call to terminate the Constitution has once again backed Republicans into a corner.
    And it's only Tuesday.

That being said -

So many premature political obituaries have been written for Trump that it would be foolish to write him off as he embarks on his third consecutive White House bid.

Boy, this video sure hits a bit different in light of the Trump crime family apparently being engaged in over a decade of tax fraud!
    That video always makes me laugh on how they handled it. They let him ramble on like a crazy person and then just ignored him outright and moved on. Didn't challenge him, didn't try to arrest him. Much like a kid giving a temper tantrum, let them get it out of their system and just ignore them while they are doing it with the exemption if they are trying to harm themselves or another person.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/12/07/polit...rch/index.html

Lawyers for former President Donald Trump recently hired a team to search four of his properties for any potentially remaining classified materials, according to a source familiar the matter.

The team of two searched Trump Tower in New York, the Bedminster golf club and two other properties amid lingering concerns from the Justice Department that not all documents had been returned to the federal government.

The four searches, which were carried out in recent weeks, were overseen by Trump’s legal team, the source said. Trump’s attorneys offered to let federal investigators observe the search at his Bedminster property, but that offer was declined. Given the Justice Department’s response, Trump lawyers did not make a similar offer for the search of the other properties.

It would be highly unusual for the Justice Department to observe searches that aren’t conducted by law enforcement. The department declined to comment.

It is unclear what the subsequent contact between the Trump legal team and federal investigators has been since the searches. The source would not detail what they have told the Justice Department about the search, but did say they have not attested to the Justice Department that no new material was found during the search.

Some details of the search were first reported by The Washington Post.

CNN previously reported exclusively that Trump’s legal team was considering allowing federal agents to search Mar-a-Lago again to satisfy Justice demands that all sensitive government documents were returned. The matter was addressed in a court proceeding this fall where the Justice Department asked a judge to issue an order compelling the Trump team to arrange for another search.
    ...fucking what? I can't even figure out what this even means. Like...does he think this protects him from additional searches or something? What's the point?

10+ Year Old Account

...fucking what? I can't even figure out what this even means. Like...does he think this protects him from additional searches or something? What's the point?
    My guess is there is something there that is incriminating in some way and since the Fed's wouldn't be using a search warrant anything found could be somehow argued out of court. Like with anything Trump related, this isn't in good faith.

It would basically remove the need to have a search warrant issued for his other properties and them getting everything in them tossed to see if there is any actual classified documents.

They figure they can get out ahead since search warrants are generally a spectacle, especially ones that involve the feds.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    My guess is there is something there that is incriminating in some way and since the Fed's wouldn't be using a search warrant anything found could be somehow argued out of court. Like with anything Trump related, this isn't in good faith.
    Not really. If you allow an officer or federal agent into your home and they see something in plain sight, they can use that to arrest you. Same goes here. Once you give consent to be searched, a warrant is no longer needed.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Trump’s attorneys offered to let federal investigators observe the search at his Bedminster property, but that offer was declined."
    Yeah, Team Trump is going to try to play the victim card when those properties get tossed. "But we looked! We offered the FBI the chance to watch us look! Why won't the FBI take our word for it that we looked? I mean, besides the fact that we said we looked at Mar-a-Lago and then they still found enough pages to fuel Tom Clancy for another three years?"

I'm not joking, this reads like Trump knows he's going to get raided. I'm...honestly not sure why they'd go to the FBI and admit they were looking in other places, because that will defeat the defense of "there weren't any in other places" or else why look? I'm honestly mystified why they wouldn't just search in secret, and take whatever Trump stole and either anonymously return it, hide it in a non-Trump property, or burn it.

And this isn't even a public statement, this was a source who hates Trump so much they're confidenting to CNN. So I don't even have faith in my "victim card" excuse.

@Templar 331 is correct, this isn't in good faith, but it's still a dumb move. Why even admit there's a chance Trump still has more stolen items? Unless, of course, you know they're going to be found anyhow, in which case, why let the FBI look?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gondrin View Post
    It would basically remove the need to have a search warrant issued for his other properties
    See, I don't believe that. Not only does the FBI generally speaking not take criminals at their word, they know Trump specifically told them they looked and found everything. Even if the FBI humored him by observing the search, they'd only be taking notes of which rooms to comb through later with 46 armed agents and cheeto-seeking dogs.

They figure they can get out ahead since search warrants are generally a spectacle, especially ones that involve the feds.
    Not really though? Usually they're pretty quiet. Like yeah, media are gonna notice feds rolling into maralago and shit. But most of the search warrants executed we know about because the subjects told us. Most of the Republican officials and other conservatives like Lindell getting their phones taken and shit? Literally only know about it because they cried about it publicly. Even the search of maralago? The spectacle wasn't the search itself (which was pretty boring, IIRC the most exciting thing we saw was some dudes carrying boxes...riveting stuff) but rather Trump and the Republican parties response to it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really. If you allow an officer or federal agent into your home and they see something in plain sight, they can use that to arrest you. Same goes here. Once you give consent to be searched, a warrant is no longer needed.
    That is true, but I'm referring to when it gets to court. Like if Trump had mixed the White House phone records for Jan 6 in with documents being looked over to ensure they aren't nuclear secrets. I can see his lawyers arguing against this discovery in some convoluted way to get a specific source of evidence untouchable in court. I'm sure I'm not making sense but I'm just throwing something out there. After seeing all the shit Trump is willing to throw at the wall this is the only thing I can come up with.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can see his lawyers arguing against this discovery in some convoluted way to get a specific source of evidence untouchable in court.
    You just did. It was the "special master" case. It was just thrown out. It's not that I think they wouldn't try, the question is only why would they try the same trick twice when it failed so spectacularly the first time?

10+ Year Old Account
    You just did. It was the "special master" case. It was just thrown out. It's not that I think they wouldn't try, the question is only why would they try the same trick twice when it failed so spectacularly the first time?
    Different Judge/jurisdiction?

10+ Year Old Account
    Different Judge/jurisdiction?
    I mean, I'm not sure it matters, but it's not like I'm a lawyer.

In any event, the Mar-a-Lago case basically said "the FBI has filter teams, they always have, they use them for a reason". If Trump stole something, making it evidence of one crime, and that something was evidence of another crime, I don't think there's any judge/jurisdiction that will side with Trump. Not after that catastrophe. But, yeah, I guess they're so hard up for an actual defense they might literally try filing motions in court that Trump is an elephant seal if it would keep him out of jail.

- - - Updated - - -

Well I'm going to need to start building up CNN points. Here's a FOX News three-fer. Well, four. Kinda.

1) Rupert Murdoch will be deposed in the Dominion $1.6 billion lawsuit against FOX News. Yeah, I'm guessing Murdoch isn't Trump's biggest fan for "dragging" him into this.

Which leads me

2) https://www.foxnews.com/politics/sen...ation-comments Senate Republicans peel away from Trump after Constitution 'termination' comments.

More recently:

3) https://www.foxnews.com/opinion/hers...tical-obituary Herschel Walker just wrote Donald Trump's political obituary.

4) The Fox Dumping Of Trump Continues As Host Stuart Varney Takes The Disgraced Ex-President To The Woodshed Over His Call To Terminate The Constitution

That's a separate piece from 3) above, they are two different OP ED contributors.

So the--

"That's not the story."

You again!

"Did you read either of the articles you posted?"

Mr. Trump will not win another election. His most glaring political strength today is his ability to energize Democrats, causing not only historic turnout but attracting gushers of campaign cash – for the opposition.
    “That plays right into the Democrats’ hands,” Varney said. “He’s trying to walk it back today, but the damage has been done.”
    "The FOX News contributors say other things, true, but they both called out Trump for helping the Democrats. In fact, they do so earlier than calling him out for betraying the country and the Constitution. Maybe they're done with Trump, but only because Trump, specifically, is losing. Not because of who Trump is or what he stands for. They're still fine with those. And this matches the issue with early voting you just asked Edge- about."

So what's the message here?

"FOX News, now personally wounded by Trump, is trying to hurt Trump's wallet. If Trump is taking all the money, FOX News is now trying to reverse that, by pointing out how the Democrats still have loads of money because it's not being stolen. The audience of these pieces aren't the rabid fanbase, it's Murdoch's rich friends. Expect them to continue."

Because it will fail but it will buy time, which is all Trump is doing. buying time until he can become President again and hide behind the office.

(Ignoring the chance of him actually winning an election)

Um, seems like CNN missed the important part?
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...ecords-search/
    Lawyers for former president Donald Trump found at least two items marked classified after an outside team hired by Trump searched a storage unit in West Palm Beach, Fla., used by the former president, according to people familiar with the matter.
    Those items were immediately turned over to the FBI, according to those people, who like others spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss sensitive matters.
    The search was one of at least three searches conducted by an outside team of his properties for classified materials in recent weeks, after they were pressed by a federal judge to attest they had fully complied with a May grand jury subpoena to turn over all materials bearing classified markings, according to people familiar with the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by solinari6 View Post
    Um, seems like CNN missed the important part?
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...ecords-search/
    Oh boy, I do wonder if them finding other classified documents stolen by Trump would be enough cause to get a warrant to search like, every Trump property? You know, just in case?

Oh boy, I do wonder if them finding other classified documents stolen by Trump would be enough cause to get a warrant to search like, every Trump property? You know, just in case?
    Well it would. If tRump was an average citizen and the U.S. wasn't a clown country.
    Garland might come out of hiding and say "no one is above the law" and then do nothing.

https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...ch-1234643286/

The documents allegedly made their way into the storage unit as part of a 3,000-pound transport of miscellaneous items shipped from Virginia to Florida. It was full of “suits and swords and wrestling belts and all sorts of things,” a source told the Post, who asserted Trump had likely never even been to the unit.
    Rofl, this shit is dumber and dumber.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Well it would. If tRump was an average citizen and the U.S. wasn't a clown country.
    Garland might come out of hiding and say "no one is above the law" and then do nothing.
    If Trump was an average citizen every location remotely connected to him would have been raided as soon as they found out any classified documents were missing