Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I managed to finish that quest. that quest almost single-handedly got me to quit.
    ...gonna say find it cathartic that a person pineing for the old days decided the last straw was a quest about an old man pineing for the old days

Leveling in DF is so absurdly easy and fast - I was shocked. I did 60-70 in one sitting without touching a dungeon, doing all of the side quests I could find in the first 2 zones and then switching only ot the main campaign for the last 2 when I realised I would ding before reaching the 4th zone if I kept doing the side quests.

2nd time around I'm levelling my warlock, which has full dragon riding since I'd collected all the glyphs on my monk already, which makes it even faster.

I'm now looking forward to going back and questing out all the zones for rep and to see the levelling content.

Overall, pretty happy with it, though I'll admit levelling might actually be TOO fast.

- - - Updated - - -

With the Dwarf looking out over the scenery, you do know you can select the second chat option with him to skip all the dialogue and get the completion immediately right?

I will balance out my criticism and say my first impression of dragonriding is that it feels REALLY good though.
    I bet you never read a book in your life.

Lvling is indeed boring. It should be much better than shadowlands but i did not connect with the campaign at all. What the fuck are oathstones even supposed to do? I prefer the old style with long chain quests and elite zones or group quests. I did not feel like i was playing a mmorpg at all while lvling, felt lonely.

levelling works best as solo, with optional grouping. why? because although people enjoy playing together they don't all have the same availability and some will level at a different pace. want to level with friends? you can! want to level with random strangers? nothing is stopping you from asking in general chat or forums for people to do that with. want to speed through it to get to max level ASAP? very obviously doable since a good few people did push quickly to max level. the Dragonflight levelling seems to work really well for the majority of players
    could it be better? absolutely. but it's one of the best levelling experiences in recent expansions

Quote Originally Posted by Nayami View Post
    I am loving it so much that I am doing all the side quests too. Already level 70 and just started Azure Span and I plan to finish them off still.
    Agreed the questing has been great. I've actually laughed out loud at some of the dialogue and there has been some heartfelt quests.
    Enjoy the Lathos and Rannan questline outside Camp Nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post
    Well you are the black sheep again considering most people consider suramar a success. The leveling is pretty good and straight forward. There are like 4 different biomes, (and one with plains in the name lol) idk how you came to the conclusion that its just narrow passes and caves.
    This, really.
    I've some worries regarding endgame (pve) reward structures, but otherwise it looks pretty great, assuming they can restrain themselves in regards to not assraping the lore again.

Oh and evokers are still weird lizards.
    Last edited by loras; 2022-12-07 at 11:23 AM.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sicknex View Post
    Lvling is indeed boring. It should be much better than shadowlands but i did not connect with the campaign at all. What the fuck are oathstones even supposed to do? I prefer the old style with long chain quests and elite zones or group quests. I did not feel like i was playing a mmorpg at all while lvling, felt lonely.
    take a wild guess... it's hinted at a few times and flat out told to us once I believe

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    lol imagine hating suramar,i mean sure the '' aN iLlUsIoN'' guys were annoying,but it didnt ruin it
    It was kinda ruined by the harsh timegating. Otherwise the zone was perfect.

Random interactions with players are a great thing but have become basically non existent since every player is so strong that he does not need anyones help in questing.

The good old days of running into someone in westfall or STVale who may need some help (or is able to provide help) are long gone on retail, where you can 1vs20 every mob.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleksej89 View Post
    Random interactions with players are a great thing but have become basically non existent since every player is so strong that he does not need anyones help in questing.

The good old days of running into someone in westfall or STVale who may need some help (or is able to provide help) are long gone on retail, where you can 1vs20 every mob.
    Have you considered turning warmode on if it's all too easy for you?
    Then you'll have both a use for help and actually interesting foes to fight.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    It was kinda ruined by the harsh timegating. Otherwise the zone was perfect.
    sure but i wouldnt hold that against it,some people even prefer the gating that have less time to play,if we go by timegating icc was the worst raid ever,and no1 would say that

ITT: OP hasn't played the game, just posts criticism
    The greater the light, the darker the shadow. And this light casts a shadow over all I see - the Prophet Velen, when asked what's next for Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    sure but i wouldnt hold that against it,some people even prefer the gating that have less time to play,if we go by timegating icc was the worst raid ever,and no1 would say that
    Okay: Time and Rep gating. Especially the last I hold very much against Suramar, which is why I never finished the zone. I stopped playing Legion before I had the required rep for the story and after I started again in 7.2.5 I never went back to farm the rep for Suramar again, since why should I?

Looks like the same old crap, another "campaign" which is basically solo stuff. I hated Suramar with a passion. Campaigns suck because they are solo.
    Do what? Quests while leveling for every expansion have been solo with a few that have "recommended player" amount. Campaign is the same thing as Quest Chains back in Classic just that it's a bit more clear and actually progresses toward a story. Whereas Classic didn't really have any story to show except for small things here and there, which you still get here with side quests.

Also, open world is a joke, everything is narrow passes and caves.
    Again, do what? Every expansion has had "open world". You act like every thing is go in this small space/cave which isn't even close.

Can we get back to old school leveling with open areas where its more likely to meet people, hopefully there are some optional minibosses out in the world designed for bonus xp.
    Yeah they are called "Rares". Also, I met lots of people while leveling, even just when I went herbing/mining on an alt.

Leveling needs a total overhaul.
    Funny thing is almost everyone I talked to said it was a lot better than any we've had.

Beginning to wonder if you actually even played the expansion or just complaining to complain. Then again looking at your signature shows how out of touch you are with things.

Oh my god. I'm doing a quest called "stay a while" it involves sitting on a ledge with a dwarf and looking out across the landscape. i can't take it. i keep tabbing out and browsing the web instead because this quest is so boring. what the fock are they doing to wow leveling lol...
    Oh you are just a adderall riddled zoomer whose brain is fried from need for constant sounds and lights flashing?

Well, it is very odd blizzard removed all group quests from lvling. Say in wrath zones many quests forces you to group up down right, or maybe you can solo them if you play a good solo class. I dont mind it.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Looks like the same old crap, another "campaign" which is basically solo stuff. I hated Suramar with a passion. Campaigns suck because they are solo. Also, open world is a joke, everything is narrow passes and caves.

Can we get back to old school leveling with open areas where its more likely to meet people, hopefully there are some optional minibosses out in the world designed for bonus xp.

Leveling needs a total overhaul.
    Literally *every* zone is huge and open - gee it's like it's made for flying....

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    Have you considered turning warmode on if it's all too easy for you?
    Then you'll have both a use for help and actually interesting foes to fight.
    World pvp is absolute garbage and i have no interest in it.

Suramar is objectively an outright failure.
    I don't think you know what the word "objectively" means. No, it wasn't a failure.

Legion had LESS players than WoD.
    Source? Aside from your own posterior, of course.

get those crappy "campaign" style questlines out of WoW.
    What's with the quotes? The Suramar quest line is indeed a campaign.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh my god. I'm doing a quest called "stay a while" it involves sitting on a ledge with a dwarf and looking out across the landscape. i can't take it. i keep tabbing out and browsing the web instead because this quest is so boring. what the fock are they doing to wow leveling lol...
    ... Wow. Way to show your own dishonesty. You're still not even half-way through the first zone, and you're declaring the expansion's leveling as a whole is bad?

Not to mention that, for players who like stories being told, that quest was actually kind of a breath of fresh air, giving us the perspective of immortal dragons regarding the passage of time.

- - - Updated - - -

I managed to finish that quest. that quest almost single-handedly got me to quit.
    Sounds like you should've quit then, if just a singular quest that takes you less than two minutes to finish affects you that much. I mean, seriously, did it really take you twenty five minutes to finish a small two-minute quest?