Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Mads Mikkelsen’s INDIANA JONES 5 Villain Revealed in First Look

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/mads...180027868.html
    Rotem Rusak - Mon, November 21, 2022 at 1:00 PM·

Mads Mikkelsen is something of a renaissance man. He artfully navigates every role he’s in and makes it look easy. From turns in dark Danish comedies to playing the devil himself in Hannibal, Mikkelsen can do it all. And, of course, Mads Mikkelsen has played a part in basically every major franchise out there. The MCU? Mads Mikkelsen has starred in it. Star Wars? Mads Mikkelsen has starred in it. Harry Potter? James Bond? Need I say it? So it only makes sense Mads Mikkelsen will now take the world of Indiana Jones by storm. In Indiana Jones 5, Mikkelsen will play the villain. And it sounds like Mikkelsen’s villain will tie into the “mistakes of the past.”

And by that, we mean Indiana Jones will take on fighting Nazis once again.

That’s right, Indiana Jones 5 will see Indy face off against his most hated foe. Empire shares that the movie “finds our hero in 1969, living against the backdrop of the space race – but the American effort to beat the Russians to the moon brings with it some uncomfortable truths for Indy.”

Jez Butterworth, Indiana Jones 5‘s co-writer, offers, “The simple fact is that the moon-landing program was run by a bunch of ex-Nazis. How ‘ex’ they are is the question. And it gets up Indy’s nose…” And one of those Nazis will be none other than Mads Mikkelsen’s Voller.

Mikkelsen’s Indiana Jones 5 villain takes some inspiration from “real-life Nazi-turned-NASA-engineer Wernher von Braun.” In history, von Braun sought to distance himself from his history working for Hitler, according to Britannica. But we will have to wait and see where Mads Mikkelsen’s character falls in his allegiances in Indiana Jones 5.

Mikkelsen, speaking from the perspective of Voller, shares, “He’s a man who would like to correct some of the mistakes of the past. There is something that could make the world a much better place to live in. He would love to get his hands on it. Indiana Jones wants to get his hands on it as well. And so, we have a story.” Empire shares that the narrative will even involve the Apollo 11 ticker tape parade in New York, an occasion that honored the astronauts of the Apollo 11 mission.

According to the publication, the moment will star Klaber, Voller’s lackey. And we feel confident he won’t get up to any good. Boyd Holbrook, who plays Klaber in Indiana Jones 5, tells us, “I’m a lapdog to Mads and a crazy one at that.” No good villain can exist without a henchman, after all.

It certainly sounds like a good story. And Mads Mikkelsen is known for bringing depth to his villains, which he will no doubt do in Indiana Jones 5. But with the topic of Nazis being such a salient one in our modern world, we hope the movie does not forget these are not villains of the past. Even though compelling foes are important, this one should be handled with extreme care.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I actually enjoyed Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. It was just as far fetched and cheesy as the other ones and I found it entertaining. It being about aliens wasn't bad, people just didn't like it and felt it was a kind of a cop out or something. I get where they're coming from, sort of, but I think people let their apparent hate for that particular plot point cloud their judgement of the overall movie.
    It's because the Indiana Jones series is meant to be a homage to the old adventure serials. The 4th film completely misses this point and is instead just leaning on really bad sci fi.

Even the editing is questionable. That part time teacher joke uses a correct cut in the trailer but in the actual film it sounds really awkward like Ford has never said Part Time before.

Quote Originally Posted by IIamaKing View Post
    Cant ruin what Spielberg and Lucas already ruined.
    Kathleen Kooky Kennedy heard that and said "Watch me".

Every single thing I've heard about this movie sounds absolutely horrible. They should have stopped at the first three and left it at that.

Evil cannot create, it can only destroy.... yada yada

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    I don't understand why they don't make a new protagonist mentored by him, shift away a bit the focus from him, to set up another guy to take up the franchise
    Didn’t they try that with Crystal Skull and Shia? I think probably wrong casting for the role but I think the idea fell flat

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbidaggy View Post
    Didn’t they try that with Crystal Skull and Shia? I think probably wrong casting for the role but I think the idea fell flat
    Ironically this new one may make people hate the Shia one less.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbidaggy View Post
    Yeah, i actually liked the interaction with the two and think it could have worked, but like you said, idea prob fell flat because the movie was not well received

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Yeah, i actually liked the interaction with the two and think it could have worked, but like you said, idea prob fell flat because the movie was not well received
    And I think Shia had his Transformers hate still lingering

5+ Year Old Account
    Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny | Official Trailer

Lucasfilm
    1 hour ago

Seems like another pointless nostalgia mine. The title is kind of... is this what happens when angry dad awakens after someone touches the thermostat?

Also: TWO horse chase scenes? Really?

Looks like they show a young de-aged version of Harrison in the trailer with nazis. Maybe this film has time travel or time-twisting shenanigans? Like maybe some nazi dude got displaced in time and comes back now when Indy is old, and he has to face an 'old foe'?

I'm not sure what time era old Indy is supposed to be set in, but with so many Nazis in this, I just kinda get the impression there's a Man in the High Castle type of 'alternate history' vibe here. 'Dial of Destiny' sounds like time shenanigans to me too.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Seems like another pointless nostalgia mine. The title is kind of... is this what happens when angry dad awakens after someone touches the thermostat?

Also: TWO horse chase scenes? Really?
    At 1:08ish looked like a nod to the falcon of all things.

I’ll likely catch it on streaming when it shows, like most everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by SavoirFaire View Post
    I’ll likely catch it on streaming when it shows, like most everything else.
    That's been my default for years now. Last time I actually entered a theater to watch something was Endgame, and that was because I needed to have seen it for something work-related that I couldn't wait for streaming for.

Not sure if I'll actually watch this one, though. #4 was a traumatic experience to say the least, that sucked away more life force than looking into the Ark.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't know man, i still think i prefer the last one all bad things considered, this didn't sell me out, too much of a notalgia grab. LAst scene was a kinda ykes for me.

"dial" of destiny sounds like an awful name too.

disney has made it a policy to de-age every star for...idk no real reason. I just don't think ford has the character left in him, like watch Raiders, and how determined he can get when he's pissed off. the cafe scene alone conveys how little left to loose he had and he was ready to fight to the death. in 4 he felt like he didn't want to be there, and that was over 10 years and several plane crashes ago

10+ Year Old Account
    Couldn't get any worse than those goddamn prairie dogs, or Shia swinging around on vines.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

Quote Originally Posted by Ayirasi View Post
    Couldn't get any worse than those goddamn prairie dogs, or Shia swinging around on vines.
    Not to mention the class-A American-made lead-lined refrigerator that protects against nuclear blasts and has built-in inertial dampeners.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Not to mention the class-A American-made lead-lined refrigerator that protects against nuclear blasts and has built-in inertial dampeners.
    I'm not usually one who thinks an inconsistency is enough to break suspension of disbelief, but the fridge scene is like, a classic, textbook example of what not to do to maintain said suspension of disbelief. Can't believe someone was paid to produce that script and thought that'd be fine. Indiana Jones is campy, but come on.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I'm not usually one who thinks an inconsistency is enough to break suspension of disbelief, but the fridge scene is like, a classic, textbook example of what not to do to maintain said suspension of disbelief. Can't believe someone was paid to produce that script and thought that'd be fine. Indiana Jones is campy, but come on.
    The fridge scene was just..... no amount of suspension of disbelief is going prevent my brain from going: Ok, yeah, they going to be scraping him out of the inside of that fridge with a spatula.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Looks like they show a young de-aged version of Harrison in the trailer with nazis. Maybe this film has time travel or time-twisting shenanigans? Like maybe some nazi dude got displaced in time and comes back now when Indy is old, and he has to face an 'old foe'?

I'm not sure what time era old Indy is supposed to be set in, but with so many Nazis in this, I just kinda get the impression there's a Man in the High Castle type of 'alternate history' vibe here. 'Dial of Destiny' sounds like time shenanigans to me too.
    They said the story will start in 1969. My impression is that Mikkelson plays a Nazi in 1969 who wants an artifact (the namesake "Dial of Destiny") to go back in time and change history in the Nazi's favor. Indiana Jones will try to stop him and get back in time himself, or the younger Indiana will defeat the villain anyway in the past.

I liked the Kingdom of Crystal Skull well enough and was not too bothered with the aliens afterall. But Soviets do not make as great Indiana Jones villains as Nazis. Great Bond villains, but not Jones villains. So it's a good idea that they went back to Nazis. Yes, it's all about nostalgia, but since it's likely the last Indy movie which most wrap it all, I'm ready to get over it. As long as the movie is good. We'll see.
    "Je vous répondrai par la bouche de mes canons!"

Quote Originally Posted by Frontenac View Post
    I liked the Kingdom of Crystal Skull well enough