172 25.18%
  • No opinion/Haven't played yet

67 9.81%
  • Won't be purchasing

51 7.47%
Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JemiS View Post
    There are 42 new mounts in DF, and that counts all the Drakthyr racial recolors. For reference, 9.0 had 83 unique mounts. Even 9.2 (not a new expansion) had 41 mounts.

That's a really small number for a new expansion, honestly.
    Yeah, and they are almost entirely useless in the current content because of Dragonriding. We went from hundreds of mounts to everyone using the same 4. Personally I don't see any point in collecting these, especially if Dragonriding comes to the old world as well.

Both numbers are total number of mounts, including recolors.

DF has very few new skeletons: There are 42 new TOTAL mounts, including recolors and reward mounts from collection achievements.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    This game isn't about your friends, though. This game is about taking it seriously enough that you do the hardest content no matter what it takes (transferring, etc), lasting friendships and other elements be damned. /s

It's one of the better starts to an expansion.

It got elevated to "one of the best" for my vote though just from the crying from the retards who can't figure out how to play the game unless blizzard tells them to grind 40/week.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    from a greater look, there are over 70 new weapon model's in dragonflgiht, likely closer to 100+ with all the item's not on theses four wowhead pages.

https://www.wowhead.com/news/quest-w...nflight-327761
    https://www.wowhead.com/news/drakono...nflight-327764
    Let's be honest, don't you think the overwhelming majority of these weapons are outright ugly and completely uninspired? Even if they are not 100% carbon copies of previous weapons, they look like that. Raid weapons are a little bit better, but they always are.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dayne87 View Post
    What I worry about is the longevity. I don't like how gated the story is behind renown. Yes, it was gated in SL, but that was essentially gated around weekly progress, not getting to X renown level at whatever pace you can.

I don't know how long I'll keep playing. I may level some more alts to 70 but for now I'm trying to see where the "ceiling" is on my main for "casual" content (LFR, heroics, world bosses, any world content, no M+ or organized raiding - I don't have the time and have severe anxiety to join groups manually).

I think it will also depend on how quickly new content is released in the form of new zones or new grinds, etc.
    This is the biggest problem for me right now and I am sure it will be for most players. I already leveled another character to 70 because I really cannot bother grinding renown to unlock the main campaign. I was already bored on my main after gearing him from Mythic0 the first week and the repeatable content at max level is just terrible and grindy. This expansion will have massive problems with longevity when people are already burnt out and bored after the first week(s). And that has nothing to do with rushing, by conveniently questing you could easily reach max level within a week and do some dungeons on top.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Masternap View Post
    Yeah, and they are almost entirely useless in the current content because of Dragonriding. We went from hundreds of mounts to everyone using the same 4. Personally I don't see any point in collecting these, especially if Dragonriding comes to the old world as well.
    Yeah, the mount drops in Dragonflight feel particularly useless for Dragonflight. I'm sure that I'll revisit some of the new mounts in the next expansion, but right now they are useless.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2022-12-08 at 08:42 AM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

It really is to early to say but I'm not feeling all that inspired. It's a fine past time, but after about an hour of playing I feel a bit bored. Because of that it took longer than most to level.

So it's fine, but I can't say I'm super excited. It's something to do to fill time, rather than something I'm actively excited to do.

Sub runs out in 20 odd days and I'm unsure if I'll renew.

the worst expansion of them all as of now.
    I wonder how the poll looked like 3 months into the xpac

10+ Year Old Account
    Still very much into the honeymoon phase but:

On my 4th character to enter the initial gearing process. I really enjoy the leveling experience.
    Dragonriding is a blast 90% of the time (the other 10% is when you accidently clip out of the environment trying to take off and have to use unstuck to fix your character).
    The dungeons are pretty good, have 2 i dont really care much for (halls of infusion and brackenhide), but even those two i like better than the worst SL dungeons.
    Love the feeling of not having chores, though i do wish blizzard would stop trying to protect us from ourselves and stop nerfing methods for grinding optional reps.
    No borrowed power. I repeat no borrow power. This feels so good.
    Talent Trees are vastly improved over the previous iteration. I find myself frequently tweaking them for the content i am in, and that is so much better than the set it and forget trees of past.

All and all this is definitely resonating better than BFA and SL with my guild and friend group. Not prepared to call it a "best expansion" but it is currently leaning toward "better expansion".
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Let's be honest, don't you think the overwhelming majority of these weapons are outright ugly and completely uninspired? Even if they are not 100% carbon copies of previous weapons, they look like that. Raid weapons are a little bit better, but they always are.
    id personally say 10 or so of the weapons are ugly which would still put the number lower then ugly artifact weapons.

But that’s not very relevant to them being cheaper or easier to make then artifacts, rather you or I personally like one weapon or another they still put in more then twice the modelings and texture work when compared to legion.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Atticon View Post
    I've had a fun leveling experience, definitely the best since Legion and possibly the best ever.
    But I'm exceedingly worried about endgame. Unless you're a M+ keypusher or hardcore raider DF doesn't have much going for it. The 4 renown reps have rather bland rewards and meager timegated campaign questlines (centaurs don't even get any).

I look back at Legion, which is the gold standard of content I'd wish they'd return to and I see a class hall and long quest campaign for every individual class, cool artifact appearances to collect, Suramar as an endgame zone and questline, and 7.1's Kharazan and ToV were announced two weeks before launch even.
    That's actually good, the game is better off without those players who don't engage in any meaningful content because those same type of people just whine on the forums all the time

Enjoying it so far, but it's far too early to have a proper judgement on the expansion as a whole. The first season + raid isn't even out yet.
    I also have a fear that this could be WoD 2.0 regarding outdoor content, but that negative thinking is mostly because I've been abused by Blizzardo for so long.

In all honesty I just find it a bit weird that people are even trying to have an opinion this early, especially saying that it's the best/ worst.
    Especially with the history of WoW expansions and how they start one way then go another ( ppl hating it at the start, loving it at the end or the opposite ).

I mean, can you even truly have an opinion on it yet for real?
    I don't think so at least imo.
    It's not like FFXIV for example where you've got a full story on day 1 and even then I still think it'd be a bit silly to judge an expansion based on the release patch.
    You've gotta let the expansion get going for a little while to actually judge it.

I'm having the best time at launch since MoP. Hard to say how it will hold up.

Not playing, so I can have no answer to the question. I'm still watching what's happening to see how other people are enjoying it. Carry on!
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    It's really, really good and a fresh take from both BFA and SL. It doesn't feel too serious and nonsensical like Shadowlands either. It feels like they put WOTLK's zones, MoP's elements and atmosphere, and Legion's questing and stirred them together. I'm glad the only thing close to a system is Dragonriding and I love it almost more than flying. I do however felt some storylines like in the plains dragged on for too long or weren't as strong as the other zones. So far I give the expansion an 8 or 7 out of 10. I'll have to see the end-game's story, mythic + and raiding to give it a stronger opinion.

How about you?
    bored like hell since there is nothing to do in endgame untill m+ opens. already leveling my 3rd alt - and i have never done this so fast after exp launch besides wod .

its horrible expansion for casual players.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    bored like hell since there is nothing to do in endgame untill m+ opens. already leveling my 3rd alt - and i have never done this so fast after exp launch besides wod .

its horrible expansion for casual players.
    This exp pack will lose the interest faster then back in WoD. Mark my words this topic will look very different in a month or two because this end gameplay is getting very boring very fast same with the dragonriding feature it will not keep players around for months.

Quote Originally Posted by Lordofbelbol View Post
    That's actually good, the game is better off without those players who don't engage in any meaningful content because those same type of people just whine on the forums all the time
    So in other words, you want to see the majority of the player base gone.

Sure, that will be healthy for the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    This game isn't about your friends, though. This game is about taking it seriously enough that you do the hardest content no matter what it takes (transferring, etc), lasting friendships and other elements be damned. /s

Quote Originally Posted by tromage2 View Post
    This exp pack will lose the interest faster then back in WoD. Mark my words this topic will look very different in a month or two because this end gameplay is getting very boring very fast same with the dragonriding feature it will not keep players around for months.
    Yeah, this is very reminiscent of WoD, but players are burnt out even faster because they trimmed the daily stuff back as much as possible and gated all of the game - besides dungeons and raiding - behind renown. Professions? Renown. Main campaign? Renown. Cosmetic items? Renown. For some things like cosmetics it's the way to go - for something like professions or the main campaign it means surrender for casuals - who would bother farming renown for weeks and months just to see a quest you finish in 30 minutes or to get a new recipe?

Dragonriding is a great baseline addition to the game, but it's not a feature that works on its own - it's like flying back in TBC. Something comfortable, but adds nothing to the longevity of the expansion. It just makes things less inconvenient and it's way better than I thought it would be, but it doesn't keep players hooked. That it's overall a very shallow feature with little individuality doesn't help either.

They promised so much for the new open world content, yet it's so mundane, boring and repetitive. Azure Span is a lag fest since launch, which doesn't help the "open world" either. Usually the first weeks of an expansion are the time I play the most, but after the first week I was already done with my Evoker and switched to equipping my Paladin, which is almost finished now, too (not ultra high item level, but mostly full M0) - and now I'm thinking about my third char, because nothing gets me motivated to do in the open world - as much as I'd love to see the main story, the high renown requirements basically stop me from even consider farming for them. It ain't happening, which is sad, but it's not even too keep me hooked for the hamster wheel.

Players that are still in their honeymoon might say "don't rush content" or whatever (their favorite argument when players say there is not much to do), but I did not rush. I read every quest, I did the main campaign and lore master + Dragonriding unlocks on my main and I was finished after 7 days. The leveling was fantastic, don't get me wrong - but reaching 70 feels like a major road block because the fun is just way less than during leveling - I'm looking forward to Season 1, but dungeons and raiding was never bad in WoW. Leveling in WoD was great and then everybody was sitting in their garrison because there was nothing worthwile or fun to do - the same is the case in Dragonflight. Max level content is the worst since WoD.

There was so much more to do in Legion, BfA and Shadowlands compared to this. Was it in general good, great content? Not really. But at least you could do stuff and get rewarded for it (Warfronts / Islands / Torghast). Now we're stuck with a pitiful amount of world quests per week and three "events" that couldn't be more boring and bland. I mean there's a ton of very little things to do - but they're either not much fun or simply too unrewarding to waste time for them. Renown as your main agenda for max level will not work and Blizzard will soon realize this.

Dragonflight revamped and improved so many baseline things, but it's missing the mark and just neglects the most important aspect: the end game stuff. DF is a good basis for the upcoming expansion, when they're not trying to reinvent the wheel but can build upon what they layed down with the system revamps in DF.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2022-12-09 at 12:26 AM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by JemiS View Post
    So in other words, you want to see the majority of the player base gone.

Sure, that will be healthy for the game.
    ++++++++++++

5+ Year Old Account
    I'm just waiting for blizz to reveal the 5th superduper powerful angry protodragon, unlike the other 4 that have elemental powers, this one will have fel power.

Yes, and it will bring forth a legion of fel proto-dragons, this faction somehow has the power to devastate the entire cosmos, it can even beat kil'jaeden in a fight, don't question it, just accept it!

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Yeah, this is very reminiscent of WoD, but players are burnt out even faster because they trimmed the daily stuff back as much as possible and gated all of the game - besides dungeons and raiding - behind renown. Professions? Renown. Main campaign? Renown. Cosmetic items? Renown. For some things like cosmetics it's the way to go - for something like professions or the main campaign it means surrender for casuals - who would bother farming renown for weeks and months just to see a quest you finish in 30 minutes or to get a new recipe?

Dragonriding is a great baseline addition to the game, but it's not a feature that works on its own - it's like flying back in TBC. Something comfortable, but adds nothing to the longevity of the expansion. It just makes things less inconvenient and it's way better than I thought it would be, but it doesn't keep players hooked. That it's overall a very shallow feature with little individuality doesn't help either.

They promised so much for the new open world content, yet it's so mundane, boring and repetitive. Azure Span is a lag fest since launch, which doesn't help the "open world" either. Usually the first weeks of an expansion are the time I play the most, but after the first week I was already done with my Evoker and switched to equipping my Paladin, which is almost finished now, too (not ultra high item level, but mostly full M0) - and now I'm thinking about my third char, because nothing gets me motivated to do in the open world - as much as I'd love to see the main story, the high renown requirements basically stop me from even consider farming for them. It ain't happening, which is sad, but it's not even too keep me hooked for the hamster wheel.

Players that are still in their honeymoon might say "don't rush content" or whatever (their favorite argument when players say there is not much to do), but I did not rush. I read every quest, I did the main campaign and lore master + Dragonriding unlocks on my main and I was finished after 7 days. The leveling was fantastic, don't get me wrong - but reaching 70 feels like a major road block because the fun is just way less than during leveling - I'm looking forward to Season 1, but dungeons and raiding was never bad in WoW. Leveling in WoD was great and then everybody was sitting in their garrison because there was nothing worthwile or fun to do - the same is the case in Dragonflight. Max level content is the worst since WoD.

There was so much more to do in Legion, BfA and Shadowlands compared to this. Was it better? Not really. But at least you could do stuff. Now we're stuck with a pitiful amount of world quests per week and three "events" that couldn't be more boring or scripted. I mean there's a ton of little things to do - but they're either not fun or simply too unrewarding to waste time with them. Renown as your main agenda for max level will not work and Blizzard will soon realize this.
    I am genuinely curious, and I hope this doesn't turn into a typical antagonistic type discussion, out of curiosity what do you wish there was more of? And how would you prefer to spend your time? I think it's probably far too early to tell if DF is a good or not because the later stages matter a lot (for ex. I think cataclsym was one of the best out of the gate expansions and then it fell off hard in later raid tiers), but so far I am thoroughly enjoying it because I get to spend my time doing whatever I feel like. My character is ilevel 375. I've farmed the cobalt ring, but haven't really bothered with much else other than m0's, I kill rares when I notice them, but I don't camp them, etc. Hell, today I even did some fishing for the first time in an eternity because I felt like just hanging out in a zone.

PvP gearing is way better, so I can jump in and do BGs without the massive headache of having 150k less health than everyone for an eternity while slowly grinding up honor upgrades.

My biggest letdowns are probably the gating of professions and the technical issues. I was having a lot of fun working on my professions, then just kind of hit a brick wall which left a little bit to be desired.