Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Yep, you can "freeze" one item each month to let it stay. if you have ever played hearthstone battlegrounds like that freezing, but just 1.
    what if someone wants every item? why not just have it off of rotation so people can just buy things when they have enough for it?

People nagging for housing you realise don't you that perhaps its not blizzard ignoring you you like you keep mkaing out but that perhaps its just not as popular as you think outside of your own circles

I'm sure there's gonna be some BMAH vibes on this but this optimistically looks good

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Please don't. Just no.

I hate rewards for just logging in.
    You either can't read or you are just thick.

"Your Tender will be awarded the first day of the month when you do have game time or an active subscription. "

Dingus. You literally can do nothing and get half the cap.

Holy shit it finally happened - Blizzard is giving away store mounts and cosmetics for free simply by logging in and playing the video game, and MMO Champion users are complaining about it. I always joked that if Blizzard literally gave people free stuff, this website would find a way to complain about it and...welp, here it is.

On topic - I think this is a fantastic idea. It reminds me of PSO2/NGS's Mission Pass, more so the former than the latter, with a collection of fun little things to do, or stuff you're doing normally, to unlock cosmetics and what have you over the course of a month. I've always said that if WoW ever implemented a battle pass style system, I'd want it to be the one PSO2 uses, and it looks like I got my wish. I'm legitimately excited for this, and can't wait to get my hands on it.

"and for just 20 euro a month you can get a thing which we will call warcraft pass giving you 100 % more currency drops and you starting from level 20 . "

want to bet that transmogpass is coming to wow .

despicable company .

Quote Originally Posted by Bladesyphon View Post
    Holy shit it finally happened - Blizzard is giving away store mounts and cosmetics for free simply by logging in and playing the video game, and MMO Champion users are complaining about it. I always joked that if Blizzard literally gave people free stuff, this website would find a way to complain about it and...welp, here it is.

On topic - I think this is a fantastic idea. It reminds me of PSO2/NGS's Mission Pass, more so the former than the latter, with a collection of fun little things to do, or stuff you're doing normally, to unlock cosmetics and what have you over the course of a month. I've always said that if WoW ever implemented a battle pass style system, I'd want it to be the one PSO2 uses, and it looks like I got my wish. I'm legitimately excited for this, and can't wait to get my hands on it.
    my only gripe with it is having the stock be on a rotation. i see no issue with it otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by chaoticcrono View Post
    what if someone wants every item? why not just have it off of rotation so people can just buy things when they have enough for it?
    If you want every item you wont be able to afford them all till they come back anyways.

It is absolutely insane to me that people are talking about FOMO predatory system. This is a paid MMO that you sub to.

They are offering a FREE way to earn PAID cosmetics. example -the celestial mount(in the shop in the screen capture) , currently $25, can be earned for free by finishing <1 MONTHLY checklist (900 tokens), that you can probably finish in 3 gaming sessions.

The people complaining are probably mad they can’t earn the gladiator mounts from 10 season ago while they were not subbed, and also they never pvp.

This is undoubtedly a great addition, that is a service to the actual players that don’t wanna shell out for additional cosmetics that were unobtainable in game before.

Can they abuse this system and add token buying (optional) or sky rocket the token cost of the good stuff (newer mounts), Absolutely. Even if/when that happens every player still has a free way to earn stuff even if it’s not spectacularly quick.

Added bonus tip to all the negative Nancy’s -
    YOU CAN COMPLETELY IGNORE THIS SYSTEM
    and your experience will stay the same…

If you want every item you wont be able to afford them all till they come back anyways.
    so why not just have them always available so i can just get them as soon as i can afford it?

Quote Originally Posted by Jwelch900 View Post
    It is absolutely insane to me that people are talking about FOMO predatory system. This is a paid MMO that you sub to.

They are offering a FREE way to earn PAID cosmetics. example -the celestial mount(in the shop in the screen capture) , currently $25, can be earned for free by finishing <1 MONTHLY checklist (900 tokens), that you can probably finish in 3 gaming sessions.

The people complaining are probably mad they can’t earn the gladiator mounts from 10 season ago while they were not subbed, and also they never pvp.

This is undoubtedly a great addition, that is a service to the actual players that don’t wanna shell out for additional cosmetics that were unobtainable in game before.

Can they abuse this system and add token buying (optional) or sky rocket the token cost of the good stuff (newer mounts), Absolutely. Even if/when that happens every player still has a free way to earn stuff even if it’s not spectacularly quick.

Added bonus tip to all the negative Nancy’s -
    YOU CAN COMPLETELY IGNORE THIS SYSTEM
    and your experience will stay the same…
    you must have never played a single mobile game if you really dont know what it is.

its gonna be battlepas incoming on top of your wow month sub.

only question is whether its gonna be 15 or 20 euro a month .

- - - Updated - - -

so why not just have them always available so i can just get them as soon as i can afford it?
    because thats not how battlepasses work

you want those items enough to justify that 20 euro/$ is nothing anyway so you will get it to ensure you max out rewards from it.

Because it means you have actual reasons to go out and do stuff, and are encouraged to actually take part.

Because it means you have actual reasons to go out and do stuff, and are encouraged to actually take part.
    you already have that reason though, so having on a rotation doesnt change that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    I'm not inventing reasons. I just know I don't like time-based systems in any game. That's why DF currently is the best addon we've got in 6 years. Because you can grind when and how much you want. You're not forced to log in daily. You have no bucket list of items you must do every week to not fall behind.
    You have to complete the few "major" sources of weekly renown or fall behind. If you are a crafter you need to do the renown and knowledge quests (and artisan rep) or "fall behind". It just isn't tied to power. Just like the trading post looks to be just cosmetics and mounts, pets, toys or other miscellaneous things. So you can skip a week, or a month, and not be behind on anything.

There is no bucket list unless you want 100% of everything in the game. In which case you'll be playing anyways and likely earn most of the activities without extra effort.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Bladesyphon View Post
    MMO players bitch about everything. WoW could cater to every type of person from Mythic to the heavy pvp player to the casual player and a small part would find one thing or few things so minor that they'll complain.

15+ Year Old Account
    yes... anything thats time limited creates fomo in people, thats why they keep doing it lol
    wouldn't that mean the subscription to the game is fomo? Yet people still stop playing. Why would more things to do have a large impact on keeping a person subscribed? Sure it will sway people who were on the fence or bored because they now have goals each month/rotation. It isn't much difference then anything else in the game and I doubt most people who quit farm old content if or when they come back to the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    because thats not how battlepasses work
    The trading post isn't how battle passes work either. Renown in-game is like a battle pass. This system like it is proposed is just a "activity store".
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    "and for just 20 euro a month you can get a thing which we will call warcraft pass giving you 100 % more currency drops and you starting from level 20 . "

want to bet that transmogpass is coming to wow .

despicable company .
    Way to get righteously upset at a company for something they haven't even done yet.

my only gripe with it is having the stock be on a rotation. i see no issue with it otherwise.

It'll depend on how often they're rotated back. I'm hoping they theme it each month, and have the rotating selection based around that month, and if you miss what you want in say, January, then the following January it's all back again. Sure, it takes a year for the cosmetics to come back, but it's also cosmetics. It's not a huge deal if you're waiting a year to get another mount you wanted because you could only afford one or the other.

It's no different than the old Children's Day pets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Way to get righteously upset at a company for something they haven't even done yet.
    Man, if you haven't realized a lot of the people on this site actually hate WoW, you haven't been paying attention. In the form they are currently showing this looks like a great feature. More ways to get unique cosmetics is always better.

reminds me of this nightwave thing from Warframe. gives you a few weekly and dailies for a given season to work on and it gives you some goodies.
    it's free so it's up to you if you want to pursue it or not. sometimes the tasks suck so you don't do em and sometimes it's something you would do anyways.
    only difference here is you gotta pay monthly to access WoW.

and seeing as the rewards will be rotating it'll probably be quite popular. as long as they don't abandon it after this expac.
    I had fun once, it was terrible.