Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Verissaugh View Post
    And yet you didnt seem to understand that quite simply before. Instead u kept calling what I wrote assumptions. Interesting. Did you google the answer somehow and managed to land on it?
    And I would prob be seen as a bot for people who dont seem to understand whats being said. You keep calling out assumptions but also bash ppl for using assumptions. When trying to explain quite simply to you how companies work, you instantly call out "yacht conspiracy". Its always interesting when u write, since all your answers are always "explain explain explain" but you never explain yourself except being an insane fanboy who would be willing to pay any price to play the game.
    Otherwise you use your own assumptions to answer but hates when others do it. Funny no? x)

Like always, always fun to read what you write, since it always seem to sound so ignorant. :-)
    You still don't say anything, just some rambling. At this point I accuse you for trolling me and I seriously think that you might a be bot(or you simple can't enter a discussion, as you lack knowledge/background). You use wierd terms such as me "Googling" something very basic or attempting to instult me with the term fanboy.

I can refer you to this poster(it summarizes my perspective, in case I got a problem with my communication). And if you still keep rambling about that money makes Blizzard happy(as if that's a statement), then we must end this discussion:
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    It doesn't take Nostradamus to understand D4's business model. It's a seasonal quasi-live service model which is sustained by cosmetic sales. This is pretty much PoE's model with the addition of a box sale and some less egregious B2W mechanics.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    Less egregious for now at least. I agree the business model is clear at this point, but it's not impossible to imagine D4 will take inspiration from PoE in ways regarding the shop as well (considering how much of the game seems to be D3 + PoE), they'll just wait until people have gotten over the box sales a bit. Not saying they will, but it's also silly to say they won't.

- - - Updated - - -

If we're comparing to PoE, that game is free because it started out as an indie game and would be FAR less popular if it also had an entry price. Free games in general make more money though (over time), at the cost of potentially tarnishing the company's reputation because the MTX are more egregious (P2W, P2Progress, look like shit if you don't pay, etc, like PoE has). The game also has to be very popular to make a lot of money short term with a F2P model and a project as large as D4 would probably require immediate return on the size of the investment.

You could compare to PvP games but that'd be very unfair since such games usually have far less actual content (LoL started out with 1 map and 40 champs) and will sustain popularity with much less developer time due to PvP naturally being evergreen.
    Solid.

So, we can't compare D4 to PoE. It's two different buisnessmodels with a different playerbase(like comparing the playerbase of WoW to FF). And very rarely the F2P model can make it, but it's tough buisness.

But how do we criticize the pricetag of D4? When is it low and when is it high?

If you ask me - it can't be F2P(we established that it requires a different buisness model/game). So which games does it compete with? I think it competes with the most recent games.

How much do the most recent games cost? 70$. They just decided "our games is not worth more or less than the average games on the market). Always been like that with Blizzard.

Now, asking for 70$ as the market average - is that too high - is D4 not worth it?
    Last edited by HansOlo; 2022-12-14 at 03:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HansOlo View Post
    Solid.

So, we can't compare D4 to PoE. It's two different buisnessmodels with a different playerbase(like comparing the playerbase of WoW to FF). And very rarely the F2P model can make it, but it's tough buisness.

If you ask me - it can't be F2P(we established that it requires a different buisness model/game). So which games does it compete with? I think it competes with the most recent games.

How much do the most recent games cost? 70$. They just decided "our games is not worth more or less than the average games on the market). Always been like that with Blizzard.

Now, asking for 70$ as the market average - is that too high - is D4 not worth it?
    Simply put it isn't easy to judge whether or not it's worth it before the fact, all we can do now is compare to the market standard for an AAA game, which has been increased to 70€ recently.

Personally I think 70€ as a standard may be too low still, as it's been 60€ for two decades as far as I know, and I see that as one of the main reasons for why DLCs and MTX became prevalent even in "full price" games.

I think D4 is going to sell extremely well, but that doesn't mean I think the complaints about the price hike are unwarranted.

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    But it's not budget though. I buy what I need. 4K tv's don't cost that much anymore unless you want 50" tv's. That might have to do with your money situation but it also might have to do with whether or not you even want a 50" tv. And a brand new console isn't budget either. I could buy a 2k PC that could last me a generation and a half which is roughly 9 years but I just prefer to game on a console when it comes to most games.

Back when 4k tvs cost that much they weren't mainstream. Consoles couldn't even utilize them. It was a waste imo.
    The difference between a $1k TV and a $400 4k TV is pretty big. It is a budget choice to go with them. I mean everything that you are saying is you defining your gaming budget.
    Why are you exempting games from that same budget? Games often wind up being more costly, most people don't realize that because hardware is a huge upfront expense.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    There is absolutely a cheaper option, its Diablo 3, or POE, or waiting for the Blizz Summer Sale. Same way you aren't going to get day 1 discounts on hardware, why do you think you should get day 1 discounts on software or there has to be an alternative. You'll have to either play something else until D4 drops in price, or you can trade in other games, or skip starbucks for a day, to bridge the gap between the $60 you are willing to spend and the $70 which you won't.

Bolded: It's not the cheapest option, its the day 1 release.

And the comparison of Golf is apt. If you have 5k to play golf in a year and you spend $3k on fitted clubs, now you can only go to the course half as much. That's the sacrifice. And Golf is actually a really good comparison, I used to play golf a ton, I love to golf. But it is expensive, and it's expensive for my friends, so we would go less, or make sure 4-8 of us were available to go all at once, a big summer golf trip instead of 4 different weekends with 2 to 4 people. Some of my friends couldn't optimally afford to play all the time, even when going to country courses or executive 9 holes you are still talking about $100 per trip. So we found an alternative, Frolf (disc golf). Now we play frolf more often because its basically free, we can bring the kids along, etc... Frolf =/ Golf, but it works for us.
    There is your comparison, maybe Ps5 and new games don't work for you, so work your way through the Ps4 library instead. Or if you really want to stick with PS5 realize you aren't going to be able to make multiple golf outings in a month, so get the one game you know youll put a hundred hours in and maybe grab a $5 indie game or steam sale game in the mean time when the main one gets stale.
    What you're talking about is compromising. Your original comparison was "you can buy a cheaper TV, why can't you buy a cheaper game". The former is not a compromise in the same sense at all.

Diablo 3 and PoE are not cheaper versions of Diablo 4. Waiting a year for a sale is, again, a compromise.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thestrawman View Post
    Why does a single player game need a battle pass?
    Because its... not single player???
    have you been keeping up AT ALL?

- - - Updated - - -

Or. Or. Have it be earned by just playing the game? Crazy concept I know.
    and then how do you maintain such a huge live service game?
    Wow does it using a sub, would you rather diablo 4 have a monthly sub?

- - - Updated - - -

I dunno how has diablo 3 been doing it?
    it doesent, the game is mostly player to player with a chat service.

there is a "host" who runs the 'server" for the other 3 players who join, this means the player who is leading the lobby is using up their internet not blizzard. there is a global chat service blizzard hosts, but that is rather inexpensive.
    but diablo 4 will not have that, it is an "mmo" and you cant have a player host. and that will mean supplying servers for everyone, especially as you will just be able to encounter everyone out in the world.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Chromeshellking View Post
    The real question is is that trailer prior to the events or after? If after that raises some serious questions to the how/when/why he somehow returned.
    We shall see, that is her in hell, the cinematic we saw originally was her being summoned to sanctuary. we shall see what the order is, but i assume this is before she is summoned to sanctuary.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Seems to indeed be Inarius.

I guess I was confused because last we heard, Inarius had been tortured in hell for eons. How he got out, and avoided turning into an Izual-like abomination, I guess we'll find out.
    this very well could be a HUUUUUUUUGE flashback, or simply after he was tortured.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Looking at the price it kinda makes sense as collector editions are normally 150-60 and this one is only 100 which puts it in line with the norm if you buy the game separately and just want something for the holidays.

Stilly fucking weird though.
    The reason is so you can buy the digital version, play it day 1, then of course the collector edition arrives later by mail.

this is to counter what wow people have to do, where they buy the digital expac release, then when their collector editions arrive have to request a refund on their digital version.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to buy this game but the amount of MTX in it is so off putting that I may actually not bother. Its amazing how distant I have become from triple A games over the last 3 years.

I would have been okay with just a battle pass I understand as an ongoing game it needs incoming funds to sustain it and the fact it is running on cosmetics is kinda cool, its when you go beyond that when I question where those funds are actually going, how much goes into the game, how much goes to devs and how much is going to the CEOs to spend at their strip clubs and yachts. The problem I have is when they are putting every egregious predatory MXT into this game. We got box price, paid expansions, battlepass, shop, season pass, paid progression, they are only missing lootboxes and they can make a full house.

I think I'll watch other people play this as this is not a must get for day one for me, god knows Blizzard have already monitized day one play too lol. I got my eyes on a lot of double A and indy games over the next year that Diablo 4 isnt even in the same vain of excitement.

Good luck to those playing I guess. We'll see how the game comes out, I have my doubts if it's gonna be as good as people said. Seeing the reports of crunch, people leaving and mismanagement at the Diablo team (mismanagement at Blizzard, 'gasp') you can excuse me for feeling very weary.

Q: I must ask does the game have a single player mode? I am happy to buy the game just to play the story and quit. If they havent locked story behind grinds like they do in WoW.
    Last edited by Orby; 2022-12-14 at 04:13 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by saixilein View Post
    I'll guess i will pass on D4 and wait for a sale. To expensive, battlepass and i dont wanna support that shit.

I hope the game will flop, but i doubt it.
    Imagine wanting a game to flop, lol, so fucking spiteful, its sad.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Crystalball for what, the battle pass has cosmetics and things that can save a little time thats it, are you just assuming its going to have power you can buy when they clearly stated that was not the case. A PC game is complely different to the mobile platform.
    Thank you again for your amazing usage of your crystal ball

Too lazy to read everything. Is it 4 days early for one of the versions? So effectively june 2nd release or release 10th of june and early is june 6th?
    "In real life, unlike in Shakespeare, the sweetness of the rose depends upon the name it bears. Things are not only what they are. They are, in very important respects, what they seem to be"

End of quote. Repeat the line.

What you're talking about is compromising. Your original comparison was "you can buy a cheaper TV, why can't you buy a cheaper game". The former is not a compromise in the same sense at all.

Diablo 3 and PoE are not cheaper versions of Diablo 4. Waiting a year for a sale is, again, a compromise.
    I'm not talking about compromising. I'm talking about the refusal to compromise on software even though just to buy in to the eco system people are making compromises. And now that they compromised just to get into the ecosystem they are not realizing that they'll have to compromise on software as well. As I said in the golf example, expensive clubs, less golf outings, cheaper clubs, more golf outings. It's apt as a parallel.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    I'm not talking about compromising. I'm talking about the refusal to compromise on software even though just to buy in to the eco system people are making compromises. And now that they compromised just to get into the ecosystem they are not realizing that they'll have to compromise on software as well. As I said in the golf example, expensive clubs, less golf outings, cheaper clubs, more golf outings. It's apt as a parallel.
    As you said in the golf example, you're playing frolf rather than golf as a compromise. I'm sure you realize how that's different than having a less fancy club or golf bag. That's apt, cheaper clubs is not.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLoque View Post
    Sorry but WTF?

$70 for the base game?

I'll pass until it gets fixed and discounted.
    Most people understand that creating any Triple A game costs more now. That is why the cost of games increases.

It is simple inflationary economics.

As costs to manufacture rise (for video games: salaries/computers/software/IP-licenses; yes, even ActiBlizz pays for certain IPs it includes in games), purchase prices rise.

Quote Originally Posted by Chapel View Post
    Most people understand that creating any Triple A game costs more now. That is why the cost of games increases.

It is simple inflationary economics.

As costs to manufacture rise (for video games: salaries/computers/software/IP-licenses; yes, even ActiBlizz pays for certain IPs it includes in games), purchase prices rise.
    Technically N64 games in 1995 were more expensive than modern games if you adjust for the real value in 2022. D4 included.

Where the large price increases generally exists is in the premium services. But this is a consequence of gaming becoming every more mainstream. One could argue you get more gimmicky shit like 4 days early access, but whether or not that's a good thing or not is up to the individual consumer to decide.

As you said in the golf example, you're playing frolf rather than golf as a compromise. I'm sure you realize how that's different than having a less fancy club or golf bag. That's apt, cheaper clubs is not.
    That was just an example made between my friends so we could go out more often and play something similar to Golf. That would be like not being able to play D4 on release so we play POE instead. It's similar and scratches the same itch, and costs us next to nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Imagine wanting a game to flop, lol, so fucking spiteful, its sad.
    Imaging supporting bad monetization, lol, so fucking spiteful. its sad.

Quote Originally Posted by HansOlo View Post
    You still don't say anything, just some rambling. At this point I accuse you for trolling me and I seriously think that you might a be bot(or you simple can't enter a discussion, as you lack knowledge/background). You use wierd terms such as me "Googling" something very basic or attempting to instult me with the term fanboy.

I can refer you to this poster(it summarizes my perspective, in case I got a problem with my communication). And if you still keep rambling about that money makes Blizzard happy(as if that's a statement), then we must end this discussion:

- - - Updated - - -

Solid.

So you are making the assumption im trolling you and are a bot? And when you cant discuss or argue against something and start defending, you instantly call others lack of knowledge? Damn. Why I said googling is quite simple, you didnt understand how a company like blizzard works, but then suddenly for some reason you understand it but in some weird way also dont. Its quite confusing how you keep changing your ideology.

And yes, you are extremely bad with communication. Its something that can be trained though.

I never said I compared between them. Said something where they can be identical but also not sure, but never said D4 shouldnt cost money.
    And didnt you say they had very clever marketing ppl and thats why they increased it to 70? Now its changed to a simple idea and explanation. Makes alot more sense then what youve been defending with before.

D4 if the make it correctly can truly be worth 60-70euro sure, I dont say anything about it. I only complained about it due to how the economy is today due to inflation. Been my entire point. If it were before the war and inflation were down, I wouldnt bother as much about it even if I still dont like the "Battle pass + MTX + full cost" game option, has nothing to do with its original price.

I even explained i'm sadly a MTX addict in a certain way, even if I dont like to be one. And I argued on that point and inflation point.

Is D4 worth 70 euro? Without battle pass and MTX? Sure, if you could get battle pass + mtx from the store from just playing. Then yeah, it would be worth it. But as it stands right now, for me, its not.

Blizzard have stated before that the battle pass is to give them enough money to continue content for D4, which is fine as long as they actually do it. But then I wonder if next expansion you have to pay for (that is content) with additional battle pass costs with it. Meaning: Expansion + battle pass for every content. But only time will tell how they will build around it, but I dont have high hopes due to Diablo Immortal. Even if they say they learned from it, they kept saying that about everything but 90% of the time never did.

But I mean, you are a fanboy? I hope you understand the meaning of it?
    And sadly, according to my knowledge/background, I know more about companies than you seems to do. Or you might lack knowledge/background :/

7+ Year Old Account
    Imaging supporting bad monetization, lol, so fucking spiteful. its sad.
    Imagine not wanting the game to instead get better, but to wither and die.

its like going to someone with a horrible illnes and instead of saying "i hope you get well soon" saying "i hope you fucking die"

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Imagine not wanting the game to instead get better, but to wither and die.

its like going to someone with a horrible illnes and instead of saying "i hope you get well soon" saying "i hope you fucking die"
    Bad comparison. In your case diablo have to die tonget reborn as a new, good game. But this will never happened. Gameindustry is bad doing more and more steosnin the wring directioj, cause people like u defending bs like this. They just want money, and as long they get it they wont change.

Quote Originally Posted by Chapel View Post
    It costs more to make now, but they likewise SELL way more now (assuming the game doesn't suck and get review bombed).

7+ Year Old Account
    Bad comparison. In your case diablo have to die tonget reborn as a new, good game. But this will never happened. Gameindustry is bad doing more and more steosnin the wring directioj, cause people like u defending bs like this. They just want money, and as long they get it they wont change.
    What even is this sentence?