Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    If there is no long progression system or FOMO currency, Then there really is no point in playing.

Can start the expansion in a year without it impacting anything.

So why start in launch month?
    What are you talking about? if you started playing late in Legion or BfA, you were propelled forward and gained alot of AP very quickly to be on par with everyone else.

In fact, your point is even stronger in those xpacs. Why grind the FOMO currency at launch and for two years when you can arrive 6 months before next xpac and just cash in the work others have done?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bee76 View Post
    This. A lot of players dont care about cosmetics, and grinding for cosmetics didnt work well in SL. Wow only offers lvl and ilvl as u mentioned, and with the removal of wf/tf and secondary systems, there is nothing left that will keep players playing in the long run.

And fpr the ilvl prgression (pve) they offer 4 old dungeons and 4 new dungeons and 1 raid with lockout. Raids have been overtuned in SL and im pretty sure they will be in DF. And M+ ilvl rewards will be centred around that weekly loot, because the in dungeon reward will be obsolete by ilvl fast.

Im not interested in another SL like expansions with even less content for char progression.
    So you want the same content but a infinite currency grind slapped on them? I mean, Legion & bfa were no different than any other xpac except for a neverending grind.

You do realise you now can play the game and do all the stuff you enjoy doing(pvp, m+, raid) without having to spend pointless time grinding some shite FOMO currency?

I also find it funny you think the raids are "to overtuned" while at the same time argument the game has no content. Clearly theres content there for you to do, but you or the guild/raid you are part of cant clear it.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    What are you talking about? if you started playing late in Legion or BfA, you were propelled forward and gained alot of AP very quickly to be on par with everyone else.

In fact, your point is even stronger in those xpacs. Why grind the FOMO currency at launch and for two years when you can arrive 6 months before next xpac and just cash in the work others have done?
    It’s fun to work towards something and get stronger overtime, Have a goal to work towards.

I guess i’ll try the expansion out later in the patch, But it does not feel like there is any actual reason to play currently

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Seeing as all those three expansions you mentioned sucked hard overall I’m guessing that’s why you dislike DF if it’s different from those and probably why I will love DF when I try it. Thanks for the hype!

Dragonflight is the first time in year where I feel like I'm playing a videogame for fun instead of a second job. The quest are more upbeat and fun... the progression system is there just not in your face... I genuinely like playing. BfA and Shadowlands were complete dogshit... mainly because they ignored what could have been cool features and tied subpar progression to those features. For example: Warfronts/ Island Expeditions should have scaled and rewarded gear that could compete with current normal raids... Covenent Armor likewise should have scaled/ been easier to obtain and upgrade... Torghast would have been much better if we got better rewards (why did Shadowlands have 16 currencies?)... multiple paths to the same destination. Dragonflight is a breath of fresh air.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by slickyjohn View Post
    where is the mission table and follower system?
    where is the artifact weapon talent tree that made you more and more powerful?
    where is the suramar endgame zone?
    1) Gone and dead. Was this really content? A timed mobile game gimmick?
    2) There are outdoor progression mechanics that do things in ourdoor zones. Power progression systems that affected end game content were bad. The new design is better.
    3) Instead of having a end game campaign consolidated in a single zone, Dragonflight's is spread across the entire continent. Don't get me wrong, I loved Suramar, but this content is also there just in a different form.

It’s fun to work towards something and get stronger overtime, Have a goal to work towards.

I guess i’ll try the expansion out later in the patch, But it does not feel like there is any actual reason to play currently
    You get stronger with gear no? Albeit you might reach a Bis treshold, but theres plenty of ways to get stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by Arteaga-2049 View Post
    This is serious?
    No. OP only had one follow up post to this thread, "AIn't trolling". OP makes threads, then abandons them. Suspect troll threads or the OP would actually engage in the threads they make.

"Take the time to sit down and talk with your adversaries. You will learn something, and they will learn something from you. When two enemies are talking, they are not fighting. It's when the talking ceases that the ground becomes fertile for violence. So keep the conversation going."
    ~ Daryl Davis

Only reason would be if you want time limited raiding/m+/PVP titles.

10+ Year Old Account

This pretty much sums up the problem some people seem to have with games, especially WoW. You need a REASON to play the game, because you are not actually enjoying the game, it's just a thing you "have to do". I don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Malkiah View Post
    i will never understand why people on these forums piss and moan so loudly about systems that gave players rewards for playing.
    Because many if not most of those systems were designed in a way that punishes you if, for whatever reason, you skip a single day off WoW. Not progressing in those systems means you're left behind and you would never catch up to the stage where you'd be if you played every day.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    This expansion is going to be WoD 2.0. When players realise there's nothing to do outside of raids/mythics except WQs and invasions they're going to get fed up fast and quit.
    There is more thing in live than WoW. Not having to play hours every day is a good thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilpi View Post
    This pretty much sums up the problem some people seem to have with games, especially WoW. You need a REASON to play the game, because you are not actually enjoying the game, it's just a thing you "have to do". I don't get it.
    This answer is always so rich because its usually given from people who benefit from the enormous focus this game has on raid content. Frankly im agnostic about this whole thing on some level. Either it should all have extrinsic reward (i.e power gain) or none of it should. If horizontal progression is amazing for Johnny casual and his world quests than its great for Timmy raider.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Because many if not most of those systems were designed in a way that punishes you if, for whatever reason, you skip a single day off WoW. Not progressing in those systems means you're left behind and you would never catch up to the stage where you'd be if you played every day.
    Its so perverse that you would consider it a punishment. It really is telling actually. Really thats the best bit. Apparently people who don't like the game are demanding rewards because they actually don't like the game and just want a check list but people who raid log and want to participate as little as possible love the game...
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

If you don’t ”Have to” do it, Then there are other games that need that time off of you.

Can’t just play something ”Because fun” that would be crazy.

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    From those three only Suramar was a good thing. Mission tables were always pointless, followers were just glorified pets and artifact weapons were cool as a concept, but never really enjoyed them (mostly because it made the cool legendary Warcraft weapons uncommon items that everyone had, like making Ashbringer and Doomhammer comparable to any starter zone white sword or mace).
    How can you call Mission Tables pointless?! Don't you know how much gold those made you back in WoD!? Madness, I say! MADNESS! I've said it like a dozen times on these forums, but the Tier 3 Garrisons with the maxxed out Inn and Gold-trait followers made me enough gold to pay for about a year and a half of sub-time. WoW is definitely more enjoyable when it's free. I'm pretty sure I used that gold to buy tokens and purchase Legion too. Good times...

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Its so perverse that you would consider it a punishment. It really is telling actually. Really thats the best bit. Apparently people who don't like the game are demanding rewards because they actually don't like the game and just want a check list but people who raid log and want to participate as little as possible love the game...
    ... Yes, tell me how people who "just wanted to raid log" loved Azerite Power and Artifact Power...

And who said anything about "demanding rewards"? I just don't want to be screwed out of progression just because I had to take a week or two off to deal with whatever requires my attention at the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    ... Yes, tell me how people who "just wanted to raid log" loved Azerite Power and Artifact Power...

And who said anything about "demanding rewards"? I just don't want to be screwed out of progression just because I had to take a week or two off to deal with whatever requires my attention at the time.
    They didn't obviously but to suggest its a punishment is insanity. Like you wouldn't accept the logic that im being punished for opting out of raids but guess what according to you I am! I'm fact thats a much stronger argument than anything you've made given the developers obvious biases.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Stood in the Fire Grimalkin of Old's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, what?

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    They didn't obviously but to suggest its a punishment is insanity.
    You want to do well in the meters. You want to get some good parses. Orange parses. But you have to take some time off for whatever reason. A few days, a week, maybe even a month. Your progression suffers because you didn't play WoW during those times. How else to look at this other than a punishment for taking some time away from the game?

i hear what you're saying, but i do have to question in a broad sense if that's an issue with game design or an issue with player mentality.
    quite frankly, i think the statement "if you don't play wow you don't get things in wow and then you'll never catch up to where you would be if you'd been playing wow" feels applicable to every second since the game went live.

yes, i understand that certain players suffered from a perception trap that made them feel that doing 0.02% less dps meant their guild would kick them and their spouse would divorce them, and those feelings were real so they can't just be dismissed, but it can and probably should be acknowledged that those attitudes are built wholly out of a self-imposed view of the game... ok, barring that your time in-game is predicated on participating in content with a guild that is run by a bunch of delusional shit-cocks who punished you for not meeting some expectation of progress, BUT again that's true of many other aspects of the game as well.

"never catch up to a stage where you'd be if you played every day" isn't a super compelling argument when the ceiling for "stage" in this instance was hit by pretty much everyone within a week, and then it was just 0.1% gains over time.
    and i know that how a person enjoys wow is their business, and i understand that arguments can be made about the material value of numerical metrics, but anyone who genuinely believes that a 0.5% difference in their stat baseline is an insurmountable wall making their character unplayable is someone who is basing their interaction with the game on clinical insanity, and i will never agree to the game being designed to cater to their insanity when it means depriving me (a not insane person) of bonus content and systems to interact with.

OP, I agree. It's because people don't want to grind for character power, probably too lazy...but they sure will grind up so they can put a new out fit on their barbie. In some ways transmog's ruined this game. Just like today's social media society people only care about how they look. Grind systems and invest time for character power? people today don't have time for that, need a new dress first
    Today's WoW = Grind/Invest for a pretty outfit, which is why the game is so lame today