Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    The Dracthyr don't go to Orgrimmar and Stormwind until after Raszageth is released. And then the players recruit for the expedition, alongside the Dracthyr.

Word has gone out.
    Aren't the dracthyr and Wrathion/Ebyssian at that point fairly ignorant of who Raszageth is, and don't know anything about the Incarnates? I can't recall all the dracthyr starting experience, but I seem to remember we only get the lowdown on Rasz from Alexstraza at the Ruby Lifepools.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    I think it's as simple as "time to give a break to overused characters".

Sylvanas, Anduin, Thrall, Jaina had waaaay too much screen time and most players are tired of them. They don't need excuse to put them on the backline for a bit.

Would Thrall make sense as one of the major protagonists in DF? Sure, he was acting in place of Neltharion as Earth Warden and major threat in this xpac are twisted elementalists, so of course he would be the perfect character to be in the front, but he's been used so much before that people are just bored of him. I think it's good that he isn't present here.
    Malfurion and Tyrande, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Dancaris View Post
    Malfurion and Tyrande, no?
    I don't think anyone is happy with the content these two are having in the expansion.

Stood in the Fire Zendhal The Black's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Metzen probably don't have time or willingness to do Voice acting so Thrall is probably farming in Outland

Quote Originally Posted by geco View Post
    I don't think anyone is happy with the content these two are having in the expansion.
    So as Thrall`s content for like from WoD.

Blissfully out of sight and out of mind. The last time someone put Thrall and dragons together it produced a structurally godawful story saved only by how little screentime it got. We don't need a repeat.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

This squad couldn't even keep Khadgar endearing, I can't imagine how banal Thrall would be yet again.

7+ Year Old Account
    Thrall should have been the one to die in legion and not Vol'Jin.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinhart11 View Post
    He is a Horde character. And the Horde, especially the Kalimdor Horde, plays no role in the story outside of expansions with faction war present. And with Metzen gone, they use him much less.

No loss though. Thrall was nice in WC3 and the Founding of Durotar campaign in TFT. But in WoW he is mostly bland, boring, if not outright cringe in Cata.

The green human, Metzens self insert, isn't really needed. I'd prefer some other Earthen Ring characters to get the spotlight. But sadly most of them are more or less in the same camp as Thrall when it comes to their behaviour and philosophy with the elements. No real point to bring any of them into the story, because we already know what their relationship with the elements looks like. And i don't see the current writers change that.
    Thrall had no problem acting out all neutral in cata and do hes thing. So being horde doesnt mean much right now especially since the truce. Do we miss and want him to be there.. not me imo.

Hes place on the bench is fine imo.. that being said we have rehgar earthfury in one of the centaur tents. No quests libked to him, but he does mention how he can learn from the elemental powers from them.

It seems vwry pure and natural.. he does mention not to mention storm magic to them.

Anyway.. the role they mention already has 2 candidates as it stand with a third in the back. (Sebellian, wrathion and the tauren guy) Thrall is just not needed as we have others to repressent earth (actual dragons this time) is my take.

10+ Year Old Account
    Welp. I'd say chances for more Thrall just increased.

Quote Originally Posted by Dancaris View Post
    So as Thrall`s content for like from WoD.
    I'd say at least Thrall talks to his parents.
    But if I go to that idea. The lore currently is just more and more filler... while they say it's character development.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Thrall had no problem acting out all neutral in cata and do hes thing. So being horde doesnt mean much right now especially since the truce. Do we miss and want him to be there.. not me imo.

Hes place on the bench is fine imo.. that being said we have rehgar earthfury in one of the centaur tents. No quests libked to him, but he does mention how he can learn from the elemental powers from them.

It seems vwry pure and natural.. he does mention not to mention storm magic to them.

Anyway.. the role they mention already has 2 candidates as it stand with a third in the back. (Sebellian, wrathion and the tauren guy) Thrall is just not needed as we have others to repressent earth (actual dragons this time) is my take.
    Yes, Rehgar is more or less as bland and boring as Thrall though.

I just don't see what these characters could contribute. It would be more interesting if they would try to learn and use the power of the primalists and incarnates, channel that power that power in ways that would not turn Azeroth into chaotic elemental paradise and hell die everyone else.

But Thrall or Rehgar don't have that kind of philosophy. They follow the most boring and neutered approach to shamanism.

15+ Year Old Account
    Given Thrall's involvement in Twilight of the Aspects and so much of the Cataclysm content, I'd really like to see him return in some form. Maybe to help empower the next Earthwarder when the time comes. Don't need to see him as a main player, but that much at least would be a nice bookend to Dragon Soul.

Would also maybe be a good opportunity to start building up Durak and Rehze as characters now that we've had a timeskip.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2022-12-15 at 08:56 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Citizens of Azeroth,

It is with great joy that I announce Chris Metzen has joined the Warcraft Leadership Team as Creative Advisor. Chris’s focus initially will be on World of Warcraft, then his work will expand to other projects across this growing franchise.

Chris was one of the original team members working on the Warcraft universe back when it began in 1994, and we are so happy to be reuniting him with the world he helped create.

John Hight
    General Manager, Warcraft

so, more thrall, then?

Or they brought him back because activision have no clue what to do with Starcraft, which currently is a dead franchise atm...
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2022-12-16 at 03:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal The Black View Post
    Metzen probably don't have time or willingness to do Voice acting so Thrall is probably farming in Outland
    Well that post aged quickly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Or they brought him back because activision have no clue what to do with Starcraft, which currently is a dead franchise atm...
    Ugh, after the flip from hard science to space wizardry in the hop from Starcraft 1 to 2, I hope they just leave it dead, or dig up Stacraft Ghost. Still really bummed we never got that Capture the Command Centre gameplay. Such a damn unique idea that I've never seen attempted anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Isn't he the earth warden? Shammie supremus? Shouldn't he explain or even talk to the elemental lords why some pesky proto-dragons have world ending powers??

Firelord Smolderon
    Neptulon The Tidehunter
    Therazane The Stonemother
    Thunderaan the Windlord

I added those names cuz ragnaros n al'akir are dead n there are new rulers.

In Outlands there is a 2nd Fire Lord, but he is perma dead? Cyrukh the Fire Lord.

Well, Elementals seem pretty open to negotiations n have various reasons to maintain balance, so why aren't we speaking to them? thrall? shamans? Why are we talking to khadgar etc?

The elementals on Outland are Furies, which are a different pantheon of elementals?

Stood in the Fire Zendhal The Black's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    Well that post aged quickly.

- - - Updated - - -

Ugh, after the flip from hard science to space wizardry in the hop from Starcraft 1 to 2, I hope they just leave it dead, or dig up Stacraft Ghost. Still really bummed we never got that Capture the Command Centre gameplay. Such a damn unique idea that I've never seen attempted anywhere else.
    So it seems Danuser is here to stay forever and write all the aspects of story of warcraft

please age this post as well too

Forget Thrall. Where is the entire Earthen Ring?
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    But if they read the terrain like I do instead of going off of personal desires then they'd understand and wouldn't get their jimmies rustled. Again, I have no intention of maining a tinker, I just know with 100% certainty that they're wow's next playable class. It's so God damn obvious all things considered.

If that triggers people then oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal The Black View Post
    Thrall in hearthstone isn't voiced by Metzen and he honestly just as good. Check it out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    Forget Thrall. Where is the entire Earthen Ring?
    There is a bunch of Earthen Ring NPCs in Waking Shore (a dwarf, a tauren and a dreanei, near Obsidian Citadel, they give some quests)

Quote Originally Posted by Ellixen View Post
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure thrall isn't a shaman anymore. He was even wielding warrior-style gear in shadowlands
    really he's been in warrior gear since vanilla. That armor was most definitely plate way back when.. nvm that the Doomhammer has some wonky maybe 2h maybe 1h interpretations at times. But yeah post WoD he's been decidedly out of mana or something