We also seem to get some Burning Legion items. Very nice. Hopefully we could get some Iron Horde and Draenei items/sets in the future as well. Maybe even Sets the named characters wear.

Blizzard bringing back Metzen as some creative advisor is fantastic news imho. This plus the additional work force they hired this year could result in some positive changes.

Really like huge Mistweaver and Druid changes in 10.0.5, too. Wish they would take a look at other specs like Restoration Shaman or Devastation Evoker, too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    2023 will be a big year for them so this isn't very unexpected. They can show lots of stuff for Overwatch 2, Diablo IV and most likely the next WoW expansion already.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gifdwarf View Post
    Maybe we get the underground zone in 10.1 and Forbidden Reach 10.2, Broken Shore style?
    Maybe underground is related to Forbidden Reach? I mean it was Neltharion's playground and he's the former Earth aspect...
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Blizzard bringing back Metzen as some creative advisor is fantastic news imho. This plus the additional work force they hired this year could result in some positive changes.

Really like huge Mistweaver and Druid changes in 10.0.5, too. Wish they would take a look at other specs like Restoration Shaman or Devastation Evoker, too.
    Maybe the other classes with issues will get fixes in the next major patch.
    At least i certainly hope so. MM is still awfully designed and lacking a core mechanic.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

This week is great
    RWF with people acting like splits are new not realizing that's normally the entire first raid week.
    10.0.5 is nothing but winning so far with trading post where playing gets you a store mount and other changes
    Metzen returning which totally isn't at all connected to the recent creative choices and the reception from customers.
    My personal favorite is however the immense success from my pov of the game when you take out the required grinding and systems and replace them with "go do whatever you want" that totally isn't made better after a dev claimed without those systems there isn't a game

Time to go back to failing to get into m+ groups because 380 isn't enough for a +3 and my key won't reroll to anything other than temple and I do 80% of the interrupts in the run because people think gear means we don't need interrupts and that we can let mobs sit in healing runes

Quote Originally Posted by Black Rider View Post
    from the front page
    LFG Dungeons
    Dungeons
    Emerald Dreamway (New) - Map: . Roles: 1-5 damage.
    hmm... we are getting a new dungeon? Cool!
    This is from the campaign questline, might be a side effect of it being available now and popping up in diffs because of that.

Have to say, I did quite enjoy the Green Dragonflight questline at 19 Renown more than I thought I would. It's definitely a questline where the increased character movement in cutscenes pays dividends.
    I do have to agree with what others have said though. You do get a noticeable whiff of the developers retrofitting Merithra into becoming the new Aspect. Having the DH model from Legion with low res character transmog options, with a standard dragon model, standing next to amazing NPC exclusive model of Ysera is quite a contrast when you consider how Merithra is supposed to be the important one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    with low res character transmog options
    That is one thing I'll never understand. You don't need a custom model these days to have a character look amazing. Any more modern (WoD onward) set that properly matches the theme looks at the very least good and some look downright amazing. Like in the Tyr questline when we get to see Malygos/DW in visage form, they did not even try.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still wish Malygos wasn't villainbatted.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I still wish Malygos wasn't villainbatted.
    Or the entire TFT cast

I don't mind Malygos being made a villain but it would've been nice with some more buildup than we got.

Malygos being a villain wasn't bad so much as his reasons for turning on the mortals ultimately became pointless in the story as people could recklessly use magic with zero consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    I don't mind Malygos being made a villain but it would've been nice with some more buildup than we got.
    I mean there was some build up. It was just in books and comics instead of in the game. We complain about the Sylvanas novel etc but imo it used to be far worse (the content of Shadows Rising or Sylvanas could at best be an in-game event. Stormrage, Wolfheart plus the Me'dan comic have enough meat between them for a full expansion)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Malygos being a villain wasn't bad so much as his reasons for turning on the mortals ultimately became pointless in the story as people could recklessly use magic with zero consequences.
    Also the fact that he countered reckless use of magic by recklessly using magic.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by guro-tchai View Post
    from the Illidan novel? could you corroborate?
    It’s not from the illidan novel all of them are night elfs in that and Maiev flatly turns down and blood/high elf help even if that means she has to go alone.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

I feel the issue with Malygos being villain batted has more to do with how important dragons eventually became, not so much considering how important he was back in WotLK.

If air elementals become far more important then i could imagine Al'akir being villain batted would be similarly pointless.

I feel the issue with Malygos being villain batted has more to do with how important dragons eventually became, not so much considering how important he was back in WotLK.

If air elementals become far more important then i could imagine Al'akir being villain batted would be similarly pointless.
    I mean even back in Wrath the quests very much made Malygos' plan a BIGGER threat than Arthas'. If Malygos had succeeded, he'd have killed Azeroth. He was diverting all the ley lines to Coldarra. They are the planet's veins. He'd have bled the world soul dry.

7+ Year Old Account
    Him going villain was super out of the blue (lol). He randomly decides to wage war, has like 2x 25% of zones and two dungeons devoted to his campaign and then he is gone, all in a single tier. Seeing how important Aspects became in the following expansions, he was EXTREMELY wasted in WotLK. But then again, Kalecgos ain't half bad, and much less crazy.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Him going villain was super out of the blue (lol). He randomly decides to wage war, has like 2x 25% of zones and two dungeons devoted to his campaign and then he is gone, all in a single tier. Seeing how important Aspects became in the following expansions, he was EXTREMELY wasted in WotLK. But then again, Kalecgos ain't half bad, and much less crazy.
    Isn't that basically how it usually goes with intro raids?
    In WoD ogres were hugely important and omnipresent. Then we defeat Mar'gok and the ogres disappear from the face of the earth.

7+ Year Old Account
    In WoD ogres were hugely important and omnipresent. Then we defeat Mar'gok and the ogres disappear from the face of the earth.
    Sure, but ogres never rose to prominence ever again, unlike dragons. Also, they are otherworldly creatures, not native to Azeroth (and let's face it, ogres did not have much going on about them).
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

I would not say they were hugely important. They were a bit more important if you were Horde but even then in Frostfire they were a secondary concern to the Thunderlords. I'd say introductory raids are a mixed bug in importance; EN is similar in Legion (the issue is wrapped up there) but with Castle Nathria the narrative follows and I'd say that Cata, MoP, BfA also have intro raids that resolve one issue but are still part of the expansion narrative. EN and HM are fairly divorced from the rest of the expac

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Funny thing is his story was the opposite of some many villains in the early days of WoW. He went insane and then absorbed some nether dragons off screen and became sane again. Then basically decided the biggest threat to the world was mortal mages and not the Lich King.

It was a shame at least we got not interactions between him and Sindragosa. I feel like that had more potential to serve as a catalyst of him going off the deep end.