Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneirophobia View Post
    Moment of silence for this dude leveling alts with like 2 whole vigor not realizing..
    It is almost like they're just here for the sake of complaining. Clearly, they didn't open the dagonriding window to see all the unused glyphs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    Yes but add in other archetypes. Add some of the basic mechanics to all mounts and give different mounts different niches.
    For example hover mounts like discs, books or flying carpets can have a hover mechanic that lets you sit still in one spot for vigor.
    I'd love to see more mechanics added. Guild wars 2 has awesome mount design taking notes from them would benefit wow
    This person gets it. can easily make 'dragonriding' mechanics that fit said mount. It all doesn't have to be dragon animations, that's silly.

"My memory... since when? If everything is a dream, don't wake me." -Cloud Strife, Final Fantasy VII

Yeah! I love how every few "jumps" on my new dragon game makes brrrr and DCed me.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TbouncerT View Post
    Or go play Wrath? If you don't want WoW changed, they have classic servers for you to stay in the past. You should expect Retail to get these kinds of changes.
    Let me know if/when you can come up with a better argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    No. We literally can't wait for that, because Dragonriding is an expansion feature that will be abandoned in 11.0.

It is much less work to turn the four Dragonriding mounts into regular flying mounts than it is to try to hammer in all the thousand existing mounts into Dragonriding model.
    Say, since obviously you come from the future and know exactly what happens in two years, are you still that stupid in 2024?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Dragonriding sucks for getting around on alts who haven't collected a decent amount of glyphs.
    You only have to collect the glyphs once. They are account wide.

Quote Originally Posted by HolyHandGrenade View Post
    This is actually the easiest debate to settle.

Add both.

Don't want to interact with dragonriding? No worries, you will just take longer to get where you are going with minimal effort.
    Want to get where you are going fast, great! Just take the effort to manually fly.

Everyone wins. No mounts get removed or changed.
    I'd love this, honestly.
    Last edited by Dead Moose Fandango; 2022-12-21 at 01:53 AM.

You pretty much nailed it here. Most of the complaints are from lazy people. The other part is from people that are not good at it or don't like change.
    yes, let's completely hand-wave away the fact that dragonriding is an ungodly abomination for gathering professions.

let's also forget that dragonriding is nothing more than an attempt to gamify (google the term of you don't know what i mean here) traversal, which is a system that IMO absolutely did not need it.

i personally more or less hate dragon riding for a variety of reasons (as mentioned it is a literal hellscape of torment for gathering professions, as well as it annoys the shit out of me when trying to zip around a smaller area and tag mobs) and would be much happier if it was never implemented at all, or ideally is just a stupid gimmick for this expansion and then fucks off.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    The problem with this take is that it's similar to arguing that godmode is good for hte game because it has the advantage of not requiring useage of healing abilities or defensives.
    Nowhere near the same thing. In many ways. But first and foremost is that "god mode" was never an integral part of the game, unlike the regular flying.

Not to mention that regular flying never allowed you to not take any damage whatsoever in raids and kill things with one attack.

Only thing I miss is a hover option so I can go get some tendies

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Dragonriding = Immersive, modern
    2004 flying = game breaking and dull

If i was Blizzard, i would know where to invest my time in.
    Immersiveness is literally such a dumb arguement. Why can't I fly my helicopter or Sky Golem the way I want to? Thats not very immersive to me. See how easy your argument falls apart.

Why do you even care? Is someone playing the way they want to play that much of a problem to you?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Araitik View Post
    I love Dragonriding except for :

- Inability to hover mid-air : this feels like it should be possible
    - Vigor regenerating wayyy too slow, even grounded : very painful to have to wait 1 minute doing NOTHING just to climb a hill
    - Upward movement being disproportionately punitive compared to downward movement : why does liftoff requires 1 Vigor as a bare minimum ?

Other than these frustrating moments, feels great
    I bet they add more abilities in a future patch. More passive vigor recharge on the ground would be nice, and I don't think the initial takeoff should cost vigor personally.

An ability that let's you hover would be nice, maybe in like 10.2.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    No. We literally can't wait for that, because Dragonriding is an expansion feature that will be abandoned in 11.0.
    Time will tell but they've been going really hard saying that starting with DF they want to make systems evergreen. Think Ion also said it wouldn't make sense for you to forget how to dragonride, implying it'll be carried forward somehow.

Going back to the older world just feels dull now you can't dragonride in there. Just flying "clipping" in the sky is totally boring now and feels so outdated.
    Can we even wait till 11.0 to get Dragonriding expanded all over WoW? feels like they gotta put the engine on full ahead and get Dragonriding out for all of Azeroth for upcoming major patch.

Would you like to see dragonriding replace the older flying forgood?
    Please stop it. Old flying will be obsoleted as soon, as:
    1) Players will be allowed to hover infinitely
    2) Dragonriding will be expanded to all flying mounts in players' collections, that have taken years to obtain and $$$ to buy

I understand, that some anti-flyers want to finally bury old flying, but, as always, they should keep their hate for themselves.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

It is game breaking, Dragonriding is the new way MMORPGS will be implementing flying. 2004 flying is legit just noclipping with a mount model, that's it. Nothing special, hell its even boring and especially now we are used to better, it's just plain bad.

I'm having immersive fun while flying now, something that was suppost to be the case in TBC with the introduction of flying.

So we gonna throw in "Not everyone can do this due phsyical complication" so they have an issue that we gotta pay for? What exactly is my problem with them not being able to use the new dragonriding? If i know 0,1% couldn't use dragonriding, why even make this content?

Sorry but we can't please every damn human being. They will improve dragonriding so those who have issues can make use of it too, for now it's basically too bad man.
    WHY.NOT.BOTH?

There's no specific reason why the two types of flying cannot co-exist at the same time AND satisfy everyone's preferences...AT THE SAME TIME.

If you prefer dragon riding, or feel like dragon riding, good.

If you don't, also good.

Win-win.

Quote Originally Posted by Elder Millennial View Post
    WHY.NOT.BOTH?

There's no specific reason why the two types of flying cannot co-exist at the same time AND satisfy everyone's preferences...AT THE SAME TIME.

If you prefer dragon riding, or feel like dragon riding, good.

If you don't, also good.

Win-win.
    Standard argument - old flying isn't challenging enough. If only new one would, yeah. You know. It has already taken 5 xpacks and 10 years of some crutches to justify removal of old flying only to realize, that flying isn't bad for game and it should be simply enabled at release to allow players to get their desired fun. Remember that "We will provide super-puper ground content, if flying will be removed"? But problem is - nobody liked claustrophobic locations, nobody liked navigation puzzles, nobody liked jump puzzles, nobody liked mob swamps, nobody liked Maw, Maw 2.0 and Maw 3.0. But Blizzard just can't give up. These 10 years WEREN'T wasted. Millions of players WEREN'T lost for nothing. Blizzard just can't admit, that they need to simply enable flying at release.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Standard argument - old flying isn't challenging enough. If only new one would, yeah. You know. It has already taken 5 xpacks and 10 years of some crutches to justify removal of old flying only to realize, that flying isn't bad for game and it should be simply enabled at release to allow players to get their desired fun. Remember that "We will provide super-puper ground content, if flying will be removed"? But problem is - nobody liked claustrophobic locations, nobody liked navigation puzzles, nobody liked jump puzzles, nobody liked mob swamps, nobody liked Maw, Maw 2.0 and Maw 3.0. But Blizzard just can't give up. These 10 years WEREN'T wasted. Millions of players WEREN'T lost for nothing. Blizzard just can't admit, that they need to simply enable flying at release.
    If you're wrong....

Double down.

being a gatherer I would not mind something in between old style flying and dragonriding, cause sometimes the speed you get to is far to fast to see the nodes your passing. I miss being able to hover in one place.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotunhammer View Post
    being a gatherer I would not mind something in between old style flying and dragonriding, cause sometimes the speed you get to is far to fast to see the nodes your passing. I miss being able to hover in one place.
    Don't dare mention that, the whining will start about Druid farmbots.

Which is a legit complaint, tho people miss the forest for the trees, the issue isn't flying, it's Blizzard having given up on banning bots.

Remove "normal flying" = no.

Add both = yes.

Dragon flying is basically flying with limited stamina, like some console QTE events.
    Ye its fun now but in a month... uhh.

I definitely do not want it to replace regular flying.

So you're saying, they should and always go the easiest route?
    That's how business works. Aim is to get most money for least effort.