Tailoring Cooldown Suspensions and Reversals

Tailoring Cooldown Suspensions and Reversals
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Earlier this week we fixed a bug that had allowed Tailors to circumvent a long cooldown in Tailoring, and quickly ascertained that some players had done so a great deal, so we actioned those players in accordance with how much the exploit was used. Earlier today, after further investigation, we came to understand that some of those we suspended likely didn’t have a deliberate intent to exploit and were simply doing something that appeared to be naturally available. As a result, we’ve now reversed most of these suspensions, so that only the most egregious cases remain penalized.

As a result of this, we’ve heard a lot of feedback about the crafting UI and tooltips therein, and we’re looking into improvements that we can make there in a future patch.

Thank you for your understanding.

I mean i get it, some people didnt know about crafting cooldowns in this case tailoring, but ever since TBC the good cloth has usually always had some kind of CD, along with most other professions. I'm not saying they should be suspended per se, but at the same time most people should've known that oh chrono cloth should have a XXX cd but doesnt....

15+ Year Old Account
    Eh... maybe they should investigate better before suspending people, especially just when a new raid and m+ season is released.

Blizzard shooting players and asking questions later. Not hard to believe that some of those players banned where new players and knew nothing of a CD for something.

If only there was a months-long beta for this game, none of this would have happened...

OH WAIT...

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post
    Blizzard shooting players and asking questions later. Not hard to believe that some of those players banned where new players and knew nothing of a CD for something.

Yeah okay. Shoulda been perma bans for cheating.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyshbonez View Post
    I mean i get it, some people didnt know about crafting cooldowns in this case tailoring, but ever since TBC the good cloth has usually always had some kind of CD, along with most other professions. I'm not saying they should be suspended per se, but at the same time most people should've known that oh chrono cloth should have a XXX cd but doesnt....
    Alchemy research has CD but you can be lucky and just not get it on CD, you can also reset it too - with how convoluted and cluttered with bullshit crafting systems are, it's no surprise at all that many would have missed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyshbonez View Post
    Even for players who have played long enough (and had tailoring long enough) to know this, they always change the profession system a little, and in particular this time they've changed it a lot. When the only indication you have of what your profession cooldown is - including that it doesn't even tell you it's on a timer - is a number next to the word "available", I don't think it's unreasonable to take it at its word. Even if you do realise it's based on time, WoW has a lot of effects with a timer that can be reduced by other actions, including several core class spells that players would be familiar with.

Remember some people celebrated people getting banned for exploiting something that was entirely Blizzard's fault - you gotta examine your moral compass when even Blizzard doesn't agree with you

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Eh... maybe they should investigate better before suspending people, especially just when a new raid and m+ season is released.
    Nah, they deserved it even if it was only a day.

I have spent very little time on professions so far, but....come on, the new system/UI so far looks like a convoluted clusterfuck. I mean...there are goddamn talent points in my professions for fucks sake.

I don't know anything about this tailoring exploit, but it's ignorant to assume players should just "Know" if something isn't right or not. I'm running around with a fishing pole on my back that I can't figure out how to get rid of. I don't have it equipped and it's not in my bags. It's shit like this that makes Classic so appealing. In classic, if I see that I have a fishing pole on my back, the reason is obvious -- I have it equipped.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I have spent very little time on professions so far, but....come on, the new system/UI so far looks like a convoluted clusterfuck. I mean...there are goddamn talent points in my professions for fucks sake.

I don't know anything about this tailoring exploit, but it's ignorant to assume players should just "Know" if something isn't right or not. I'm running around with a fishing pole on my back that I can't figure out how to get rid of. I don't have it equipped and it's not in my bags. It's shit like this that makes Classic so appealing. In classic, if I see that I have a fishing pole on my back, the reason is obvious -- I have it equipped.
    So go play classic and enjoy that pixelated fishing pole on your back bro. Can't have innovation without breaking a few things. Is it too difficult to take 30 minutes to read up on changes? The game isn't forcing you to craft, but don't complain when you're too broke to afford anything.

Quote Originally Posted by cLax0n View Post
    So go play classic and enjoy that pixelated fishing pole on your back bro. Can't have innovation without breaking a few things. Is it too difficult to take 30 minutes to read up on changes? The game isn't forcing you to craft, but don't complain when you're too broke to afford anything.
    Never under estimate Retail toxicity. The guy has a legitimate concern about the UI and your answer is "well fuck off then buddy".
    "Insert fry being shocked meme*

Not everything on the internet is a fight. If you actually wanted to contribute try something like "hey man, that's pretty funny. Maybe try deleting your WTF folder"

As for the ban, it's a fucking disgrace. If you can't design a UI that is easy to use and gives you the info you need then that's on the designer. I think no one should get a ban. I know technically using a bug in the game to profit from is against the ToS, in this case it is a collosal fuckup. I would even go so far as given those affected a week game time compensation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Never under estimate Retail toxicity. The guy has a legitimate concern about the UI and your answer is "well fuck off then buddy".
    "Insert fry being shocked meme*

Not everything on the internet is a fight. If you actually wanted to contribute try something like "hey man, that's pretty funny. Maybe try deleting your WTF folder"
    You grossly misquote me. Never under estimate how deeply tinted those rose colored lenses that you're wearing are. People refer to previous expansions as always being better; its a meme at this point. I'm sure classic had no bugs (sarcasm),... or maybe our standards back when most of us were teens/young adults running the game on potato computers were probably lower?

Blizz banning people for their mistake is horrible, I agree, but its nothing new...they've been banning people who exploit things for a long time now. Its a known TOS. At least they reversed those who didn't really abuse it. But the changes to professions (the rationale & intent behind it) is actually really good.

Quote Originally Posted by cLax0n View Post
    You grossly misquote me. Never under estimate how deeply tinted those rose colored lenses that you're wearing are. People refer to previous expansions as always being better; its a meme at this point. I'm sure classic had no bugs (sarcasm),... or maybe our standards back when most of us were teens/young adults running the game on potato computers were probably lower?

Blizz banning people for their mistake is horrible, I agree, but its nothing new...they've been banning people who exploit things for a long time now. Its a known TOS. At least they reversed those who didn't really abuse it. But the changes to professions (the rationale & intent behind it) is actually really good.
    I didn't misquote you at all. In my reply to you I have quoted you word for word and then added my interpretation. Not only have you failed to clarify what you actually mean you attempt to assign to me something I have never said. I have never stated that any classic version is better than retail. That's you projecting. You want to fight people on the internet so much that you will lie about what they have said to try and create an enemy for you to attack. Which is weird because you also agree with me on the actual topic of this thread.

Basically stop getting so butthurt about being called out. Instead of reacting so childishly it's better to reflect on what you said and ask yourself "Would I get punched in the face if I said this to a someone in person?"

Remember. You don't have to fight people on the internet
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    I didn't misquote you at all. In my reply to you I have quoted you word for word and then added my interpretation. Not only have you failed to clarify what you actually mean you attempt to assign to me something I have never said. I have never stated that any classic version is better than retail. That's you projecting. You want to fight people on the internet so much that you will lie about what they have said to try and create an enemy for you to attack. Which is weird because you also agree with me on the actual topic of this thread.

Basically stop getting so butthurt about being called out. Instead of reacting so childishly it's better to reflect on what you said and ask yourself "Would I get punched in the face if I said this to a someone in person?"

Remember. You don't have to fight people on the internet
    Nice use of circular logic. I accuse you of taking me out of context only for you to turn around and accuse me of doing the same. In good ole internet fashion, I am also going to accuse you of being butthurt, reacting childishly, and projecting.

And to answer your question, I would indeed punch you in the face for bringing up all of these questions. Happy holidays stranger.