Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Oh I'm sorry I pulled an extra group in a leveling dungeon by not waiting for them to patrol. Please forgive me for wasting your precious time.

Votekick Laqweeta - Bad Tank

"The vote to kick Laqweeta passed"
    "Laqweeta has left the instance group"
    kekw I'm a tank so just insta queue

Byeeeeeeeeee

"bad tank" when I clear 17s hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by kieraTM View Post
    This is literally just a rant post, but damn this has made me regret resubbing.

Quit in BfA, never tried SL but got it free recently and tried it over Xmas with 3 days free. Surprisingly enjoyed it, and decided to sub today! Want to try some SL dungeons (can't on my tank because she's 60 and apparently I can't queue?) so I join on my Hunter, lvl 55. First ever SL dungeon, Plaguefall. Say hello, only 1 responds. I'm used to shortcuts from SWtOR and notice the tank is clearly running on a specific route. I'm keeping up, we kill first 2 bosses and make our way to the 3rd when I died from mobs and slime. I release, as has been drilled into me from Vanilla, and start to run back to the party from 2nd boss. Suddenly I go to loading screen, thinking I might be being teleported forward, but then realise...... I've been vote kicked. Sure enough I am back in Stormwind with a 7 minute lockout timer because I 'left the dungeon early' ......... seriously? I've been kicked without a word because I died. I message the guy who said hello, and to be fair they said that was some real BS and they were very sorry. But damn, I'm already regretting resubbing.
    I get that there are shortcuts and toxic people, but do I really have to start each dungeon with a copy paste message 'just come back to game, please don't group kick if I fall 10 seconds behind!'. Or have I just been really unlucky and met with some toxic idiots? Anyway. I'll persevere because I am genuinely enjoying the content, but that has really put a downer on my evening.

/rant

The best way is just to join a friendly, casual guild. Those people usually do not care about meta, minmaxing etc and you can find likeminded people to play with.
    When you go full pug everything can happen. You can meet toxic people, but you can also meet people who will help you guiding you a bit.

I know, i know. You wont watch 90 minutes of it...
    But try to get to around the 20 min mark, its really eye opening and its nothing what you'd expect.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post

Byeeeeeeeeee

I'm sure you could train a chimp to successfully tank a 17.
    Pretty sure it was naowh who did a +20 in SL, BLINDFOLDED, having his team guide him where to walk.
    And really, if you can't carry the group as tank? you're by definition bad. Anyhow, with your attitude, we all know you're a bad tank.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
    You likely encountered minmaxxers levelling on an addon timer and following a specific dungeon route deemed the most efficient experience per hour. You were probably vote kicked not because someone was angry with you dying but because it was a marginal time gain to have someone new and likely more experienced zone in rather than wait for you to run back.
    This. While you can consider it both toxic to have an attitude like that, and unfun to play the game in such a fashion, if they can simply kick you from the party and near instantly replace you with a more experienced player, that sounds like something they would reasonably do.
    They were less actively malicious, and more robotic in simply determining that you were falling behind, and seeing little benefit in not just replacing you with a new person.
    I understand not feeling great about that, but to the extent people are suggesting you report them, that seems as malicious, if not more malicious, than what they did to you. People are allowed to vote kick others and if you got matched with a party of people who collectively wanted to robotically min/max and you were the outlier, they are allowed by the game to find a new person.
    Unless they were directly insulting/belitting you, the toxicity of "I don't want to play with you" seems double sided.
    Last edited by Dequanacus; 2022-12-30 at 05:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

Generally:
    The same way other people expect me/the group to care for their feelings/time, I expect these people to care for my feelings/time, too.
    If you go into a dungeon unprepared and slow it (reasonably) down, you will get it back. If you just follow without slowing down the other 4? Who the F cares.
    But if you make a 10 minutes run into a 13 minutes run, you'll be kicked. That's not fair towards the other 4 PLAYERS which are living beings, too. You will now say "duh, just 3 minutes!" - but 3 minutes x 50 runs adds up.
    These invest their own (probably rare) time, so you have to do the very same, everything else is respectless.

I don't mean knowing every and all mechanics, but the very BASICS of the game:
    - don't stand in bad
    - use interrupt/cc
    - deal the correct amount of dps for your ilvl

We do not really know for sure what happened in OPs run, so we can't really tell anything.
    There's always 2 sides to a story.
    Last edited by Bloodyleech; 2022-12-30 at 06:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Byeeeeeeeeee

Groovy. Have fun tanking those 17s.

Meanwhile while I'm tanking a leveling dungeon and you're going off on me for not going fast enough, you'll learn that not everyone wants to run at bleeding edge speeds. Pulled ahead of me? Haha you're dead. Not giving the healy a chance to res cause they're in combat? Should just run back, do everyone a favor. Doing an awesome job contributing to the group when you're face down in the dirt.

Somewhere in there I slip my "Bad Tank" Votekick in on you, people don't read that its for you and not me, and you go sit in the Corner of Shame.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Kick should be the last resort, the fact that you can initiate votes without having a single line in chat sent all dungeon should tell you how antique and dated this games mechanics are + the sweatlords abusing them.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    Kick should be the last resort, the fact that you can initiate votes without having a single line in chat sent all dungeon should tell you how antique and dated this games mechanics are + the sweatlords abusing them.
    It's antique and dated to not be forced to play with someone if the group agrees that they'd rather find a new player?
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

That's what happens when you have 10 years of dungeon finder matching people with random strangers from other servers and completely eliminating any kind of social responsibility from dungeon groups.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    That's what happens when you have 10 years of dungeon finder matching people with random strangers from other servers and completely eliminating any kind of social responsibility from dungeon groups.
    Classic has proved that making finding dungeon groups harder and more time consuming does NOT, in fact, magically make everyone better at the game or more likely to share the milk of human kindness. To everyone's shock and surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Dequanacus View Post
    This. While you can consider it both toxic to have an attitude like that, and unfun to play the game in such a fashion, if they can simply kick you from the party and near instantly replace you with a more experienced player, that sounds like something they would reasonably do.
    They were less actively malicious, and more robotic in simply determining that you were falling behind, and seeing little benefit in not just replacing you with a new person.
    I understand not feeling great about that, but to the extent people are suggesting you report them, that seems as malicious, if not more malicious, than what they did to you. People are allowed to vote kick others and if you got matched with a party of people who collectively wanted to robotically min/max and you were the outlier, they are allowed by the game to find a new person.
    Unless they were directly insulting/belitting you, the toxicity of "I don't want to play with you" seems double sided.
    At this point I have to wonder what kind of idiots want to min max efficiency and utilize a system that can match them with literally anyone of any level, gear and skill instead of forming a dedicated group.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Groovy. Have fun tanking those 17s.

Meanwhile while I'm tanking a leveling dungeon and you're going off on me for not going fast enough, you'll learn that not everyone wants to run at bleeding edge speeds. Pulled ahead of me? Haha you're dead. Not giving the healy a chance to res cause they're in combat? Should just run back, do everyone a favor. Doing an awesome job contributing to the group when you're face down in the dirt.

Somewhere in there I slip my "Bad Tank" Votekick in on you, people don't read that its for you and not me, and you go sit in the Corner of Shame.
    Thanks, you're bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks, you're bad.
    Admitting you have a problem is the first step in recovery.

You should try it sometime.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    At this point I have to wonder what kind of idiots want to min max efficiency and utilize a system that can match them with literally anyone of any level, gear and skill instead of forming a dedicated group.
    That goes both ways. Really, the broader question would be why anyone would have any sort of expectations, or standards, when utilizing such a system.
    Enjoy.

Quit in BfA, never tried SL but got it free recently and tried it over Xmas with 3 days free. Surprisingly enjoyed it, and decided to sub today! Want to try some SL dungeons (can't on my tank because she's 60 and apparently I can't queue?) so I join on my Hunter, lvl 55. First ever SL dungeon, Plaguefall. Say hello, only 1 responds. I'm used to shortcuts from SWtOR and notice the tank is clearly running on a specific route. I'm keeping up, we kill first 2 bosses and make our way to the 3rd when I died from mobs and slime. I release, as has been drilled into me from Vanilla, and start to run back to the party from 2nd boss. Suddenly I go to loading screen, thinking I might be being teleported forward, but then realise...... I've been vote kicked. Sure enough I am back in Stormwind with a 7 minute lockout timer because I 'left the dungeon early' ......... seriously? I've been kicked without a word because I died. I message the guy who said hello, and to be fair they said that was some real BS and they were very sorry. But damn, I'm already regretting resubbing.
    I get that there are shortcuts and toxic people, but do I really have to start each dungeon with a copy paste message 'just come back to game, please don't group kick if I fall 10 seconds behind!'. Or have I just been really unlucky and met with some toxic idiots? Anyway. I'll persevere because I am genuinely enjoying the content, but that has really put a downer on my evening.

/rant
    Yeah it sucks but that's what we have to live with since Blizzard has decided that m+ and competitive esport pve is what we enjoy.

The only dungeoning I really enjoy is low level dungeons, but i'd avoid SL and beyond since that's when the m+ toxicity really got "big"

I know Legion and BFA is also m+ but I normally avoid those aswell, still better than how toxic it became in SL.

Seriously, M+ is like a bookclub where everyone is racing to be the first finishing the assigned book, and the least competitive people get expelled.

God, I hate competition in PVE so much, it's so detrimental to the adventure of PVE, like and Blizzard is "oh well u can do this pve but u get no powerful rewards, only cosmetics" haha ok cuz non-competitive people don't like having nice things, that's how it is huh.

BTW I LOVE PVP.

It's just soooo negative that there's no non-competitive avenues for playing this game, that's why I have no patience for it. Like I wanna enjoy it, I wanna bubble myself up in my illusions that transmog farming is fun etc, and forget about the horrid nightmare of competitive gameplay that is WoW.

Maybe in a few years the devs will understand the negative impact of having NO avenues of no-competitive teamwork pve stuff in the game at all. It's just so deeply disturbing that we have to deal with this nightmare. Please Blizzard understand.

Yeah there's obviously ways to play. Like join a likeminded guild full of slackers, pug like the road warrior mad max, u know these post-apocalyptic solutions to the "problem" that is easily fixed if there was any will to fix it, but there isn't.

It's just how we're supposed to live, fighting eachother for supremacy and stuff like that, really fun.

Vanilla really was the core of the solution, generally you would play the game, meet people naturally, it was really good and streamlined like that cuz it was created to be an adventure not a competitive hellhole.

And I get that people love competitive, I love competition it's fun but if there's like an all encompassing force that pushes you to compete cuz that's the ladder we play on, if that's what's most important, then everything else becomes less, overshadowed by it, in the back of your mind you know what's infront of you right.

Competition is great in little boxes where it doesn't harm anyone. Not a world wide war among eachother please, it's so depressing and frustrating, and I didn't play WoW for like a week now and it feels like a complete blessing to not be apart of that sickness.

I play Poker instead which is much more horrible, but it's a box where you compete and it's what the main purpose of it is, not like WoW where it's like u have too much hot sauce on all your food and you can't get around it, you might not even like hot sauce but you like the food under it right, so that's WoW, and I've lost faith in the devs and Blizzard cuz they have proven themselves to enforce that toxicity.
    Last edited by nvaelz; 2022-12-30 at 09:19 PM.
    Writes insightful, well-mannered posts in the Community Council.

/rant
    Going to behonest. Most of the time when i see this post ( i type this beforehand) i blame the poster, because most of the time is you guys/gals. Mostly because its missing context from the other side and is hear say.

But lets see if you are a exception.

tank queue: maybe i level or you are in the sweet spot between expansions.

I blame them and you for this one. After reading it. Should you type a whole bible...nope. But you can say: just resubbed, warn me for things ( or something like that).
    And you should also get, that most people in that dungeon are there for a reason to fast level, get gear or something like that.
    Because its a older content dungeon.

Look at it from their perspective. They might have had wipes like this happen that day more then once. They are there to fast level/get something. And a wipe again. In a "old" content dungeon. And you say 7 min lockout timer...
    Your post makes it sounds like you just joined and got killed fast.
    But a 7 min timer, means you have been in the dungeon i think for 23 min ( at least i think that is how the 30 min timer works). That would mean you could have already done that dungeon from start to finnish.

Was the kick needed? Nope.
    Could they be justified to kick you? Yes
    Should they have? nope.

But i blame you. There are several things that counter what you are saying or make me side with them:
    - You never played SL. yet you have a level 60 tank and level 55 hunter....BS. You know where claim to have bought/gotten DF, so this means you DID play SL or you level both of them ( or at least the hunter and bought a level token to 60 for the tank).
    - the 7 min timer. You make it sound like it was just 1 wipe. and you where kicked. But it was 2 bosses in. And 2 bosses in, at 23 min on normal seems slow.
    - them saying sorry...it takes more then 1 person to VK you. So most of them kicked you. So there must have been a reason.

But mostly its the first one. you act like your new to SL. and are getting used to the game again. while you say you have 1 level 60 and 1 level 55 hero.....kinda not new in that case.

Yep it's very unforgiving because people's minds are hardwired to be competitive esport champions and the humility dies on that road.

It's very very rare when playing with people that they are completely drunk and suck and just afk cuz they have no empathy for anyone and that's why they suck right, most of the time it's people that try but apparently not hard enough.

And sure it's very reasonable to be in reality, in the present, where it is a competitive game and here's the solutions or causes of your problems right, but what if you are like me, completely against the reality, much like I am against concentration camps in Nazi Germany, it's the same, I mean it's not the same but people really come together in accepting horrible reality.
    Last edited by nvaelz; 2022-12-30 at 09:43 PM.

Happened to me as well, but only after 1.3 years without a sub.
    Mage pestering about not healing when he got more healing than tank(like 90 to 10% on that double pack) and loved to share his debuff with others. So I told him.

Insta kick

I just tought "so its like always" and grouped up again.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Happened to me as well, but only after 1.3 years without a sub.
    Mage pestering about not healing when he got more healing than tank(like 90 to 10% on that double pack) and loved to share his debuff with others. So I told him.

Insta kick

I just tought "so its like always" and grouped up again.
    Ye man don't let anyone slow your enjoyment down, just go next! /rant over.

Quote Originally Posted by nvaelz View Post
    Ye man don't let anyone slow your enjoyment down, just go next! /rant over.
    Yeah, getting kicked now and then from pugs is pretty much a normal thing and has been since the beginning.

Sure, sucks to be kicked and all that but move on, sign up or take a break, start over later.