Thread: Appeal?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Appeal?

You lot are hiding the super mods and other people so amazingly well that it's impossible to appeal infractions.

Well fucking done, have shitty mods and then make it difficult to get bullshit infractions overturned. It's almost like this is on purpose!
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Have you thought about how multiple countries in the world celebrate Christmas and multiple countries in the world celebrate New Years on the 30th/1st? Added to the fact the mods are just volunteers and I'm really surprised you were expecting any mods to be around for anything more than cursory glances.

10+ Year Old Account
    Something something discussing moderation.

Just roll your eyes and move on. Don't let the littlest people get their rocks off on you.
    Remember: Words are not violence.
    Make your own groups!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    You lot are hiding the super mods and other people so amazingly well that it's impossible to appeal infractions.

Well fucking done, have shitty mods and then make it difficult to get bullshit infractions overturned. It's almost like this is on purpose!
    Maybe next time you should consider posting in a more productive way.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Maybe next time you should consider posting in a more productive way.
    Its about politics not if its constructive or not. Thats been glaringly obvious for a while now.

If you are an ultra feminist/lgbtq supporter you can get away with anything on this forum

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Its about politics not if its constructive or not. Thats been glaringly obvious for a while now.

If you are an ultra feminist/lgbtq supporter you can get away with anything on this forum
    Do you even know what the infraction was for?

Here's a hint...it didn't have anything to do with politics, feminism, or lgbtq.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Do you even know what the infraction was for?

Here's a hint...it didn't have anything to do with politics, feminism, or lgbtq.
    I didnt say it was.
    Extremism and radicalisation is the bane of society

10+ Year Old Account

Hiding? Mate, you even have a Super Moderator with a whole list of people in their signature. It says that @Tziva is currently unavailable but in their signature, you have the names available too. Else, send an appeal through the information attached to your infraction.

Else, look at https://www.mmo-champion.com/forum.php and fish out a regular moderator from the assigned list.

- - - Updated - - -

Quite sure that is bullshit. Commonly, people know why they are infracted, and if it is an issue, then an appeal shouldn't be an issue either with the information in the infraction message, or find a blue. The OP is a 10+ year member, finding a blue should be simple for them.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Lochton View Post
    Hiding? Mate, you even have a Super Moderator with a whole list of people in their signature. It says that @Tziva is currently unavailable but in their signature, you have the names available too. Else, send an appeal through the information attached to your infraction.

Else, look at https://www.mmo-champion.com/forum.php and fish out a regular moderator from the assigned list.

- - - Updated - - -

Quite sure that is bullshit. Commonly, people know why they are infracted, and if it is an issue, then an appeal shouldn't be an issue either with the information in the infraction message, or find a blue. The OP is a 10+ year member, finding a blue should be simple for them.
    Its not - its been proven many - many times. There is a reason most of the infraction reasons are "post constructively" or "dont troll". They are completely subjective viewpoints and attempting to have a reasonable discussion with any moderator on it is impossible. The things i've been called on this site with no repercaussions would never fly in the real world. I know there are many who think like me but once again - even speaking on it is likely to get me banned because one cannot question the allmighty authority on morality that are the mods here. As someone who just dont really give a fuck anymore - having been banned countless times for speaking out against their outright tyranny - i'm gonna speak my mind on the subject each and every time.

lol it took over a week for somebody calling queer people degenerate filth before a mod actually stepped in and stopped it.

but yes please continue with your conservative victim complex, definitely not something y'all have been bleating on about for 40 years.

Its not - its been proven many - many times. There is a reason most of the infraction reasons are "post constructively" or "dont troll". They are completely subjective viewpoints and attempting to have a reasonable discussion with any moderator on it is impossible. The things i've been called on this site with no repercaussions would never fly in the real world. I know there are many who think like me but once again - even speaking on it is likely to get me banned because one cannot question the allmighty authority on morality that are the mods here. As someone who just dont really give a fuck anymore - having been banned countless times for speaking out against their outright tyranny - i'm gonna speak my mind on the subject each and every time.
    Now that is a victim complex if i ever saw one. Tells me most of your infractions were correct.

7+ Year Old Account
    Tyranny? Fucking EL OH EL! Tell us more how much oppressed you are on a video games forum and how your freedom of speech is trampled, mate. Will you rise against said oppression?
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    It hasn't. And you have objectively trolled.

Trolling isn't subjective, it is objective. Posts for the purpose of encouraging others to flame you. There is no subjectivity in that type of decision.

As for constructive posts, those are objective too. Like neither thing you listed as "subjective" actually is subjective. If you post something that adds nothing to the conversation, it isn't a constructive post.

These are both outlined in the rules you agreed to when you made your account. They are objective, not subjective, per the rules of the forum. It is like arguing you weren't speeding because the you went faster than the speed limit because the speed limit to you is subjective.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    Now that is a victim complex if i ever saw one. Tells me most of your infractions were correct.
    Your hot takes are irrelevant to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Tyranny? Fucking EL OH EL! Tell us more how much oppressed you are on a video games forum and how your freedom of speech is trampled, mate. Will you rise against said oppression?
    This isnt a democracy. I have no power - i have no means of rising against anything. If i could i would.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    It hasn't. And you have objectively trolled.

Trolling isn't subjective, it is objective. Posts for the purpose of encouraging others to flame you. There is no subjectivity in that type of decision.

As for constructive posts, those are objective too. Like neither thing you listed as "subjective" actually is subjective. If you post something that adds nothing to the conversation, it isn't a constructive post.

These are both outlined in the rules you agreed to when you made your account. They are objective, not subjective, per the rules of the forum. It is like arguing you weren't speeding because the you went faster than the speed limit because the speed limit to you is subjective.
    Interestingly that is literally a discussion i had with mods a few years ago. They however felt differently - and i can actually quote some of them saying it is subjective in pm's to me. And that its not a very fitting title but its one used as a general "we dont like this post" infraciton.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arlette View Post
    lol it took over a week for somebody calling queer people degenerate filth before a mod actually stepped in and stopped it.

but yes please continue with your conservative victim complex, definitely not something y'all have been bleating on about for 40 years.
    Where? Got a link? Also i'm probably the adverse of conservative.

Not everything is black and white outside the US. Its possible to have a nuanced take on politics and not fit withing one of two boxes.

7+ Year Old Account
    This isnt a democracy. I have no power - i have no means of rising against anything. If i could i would.
    Sure, bud. You would lead the charge onto the barricades!

You are SO confused. You are a guest here, on this gaming forum, just like we all are. It is not your right to be here, you are not entitled to anything and have to obey the rules you agreed to when you created the account. And no, your freedoms of speech are not violated, becasue you had none in the first place. Every forum/Reddit/comment section has rules you should follow, else you get punished.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2023-01-01 at 12:18 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its not - its been proven many - many times. There is a reason most of the infraction reasons are "post constructively" or "dont troll".
    Yes, because many infractions are people trolling or not knowing how to post constructively.

They are completely subjective viewpoints and attempting to have a reasonable discussion with any moderator on it is impossible.
    All infractions I have seen are running by the list of rules offered. I have even seen many comments that I would have infract if I was a moderator still but they weren't by the team.

The things i've been called on this site with no repercaussions would never fly in the real world.
    Like what kind of things? As well, were they reported? I am quite certain most of your valid examples have an infraction and if not, then it is because they weren't reported.

I know there are many who think like me but once again - even speaking on it is likely to get me banned because one cannot question the allmighty authority on morality that are the mods here.
    You can discuss actions taken to your account with a moderator. Discussing them on the forum does NOT help you, nor the forum, hence the rule of no discussion about moderation actions.

As someone who just dont really give a fuck anymore - having been banned countless times for speaking out against their outright tyranny - i'm gonna speak my mind on the subject each and every time.
    Tyranny? Now, that is a joke. There is no tyranny here. You are here at your own wish and want. This is not a public institution or location, thus "freedom of speech" is not served here due to the fact that the rule of it only protects against the government upon public soil, and not private domains.

People who get infracted know why they get infracted, and if there is a problem, then they also know where to appeal it.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Your hot takes are irrelevant to me.
    Oh they're pretty relevant, you might learn from it or keep getting infracted.

Imagine getting this worked up over *this* forum

Pretty much this yeh... But what do you expect? Most mods(even most people who live their lives on forums/internet) identify with them so of course you'll find them to be extremely biased.
    On top of this? I'm sure this very very dead forum is scared of cancel culture making them pander to them even more...

There's a process in place. I've made appeals before, and yes, it sometimes took a few days...maybe even a week (holidays) before a review. (In the interest of honesty, I know when I've been a bad boy so I accept the infraction far more than not)