Page 5 of 51 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by heltvild View Post
    should get deserter and minus rio score on that dungeon
    Yeah sure, then you'll wake up with a thumb in your brown hole...

Bloodsail Admiral melkesjokolade's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zRares View Post
    I don't understand how there are no repercussions if someone leaves the M+ group (for various reasons) and messes up someone else's key.

In PvP if you leave nobody loses anything else but time and your spot can be replaced by someone else and you still get deserter, in M+ nothing.

Literally, nobody is trying in M+ anymore because they don't have to. If people would get a 30 minutes deserter for leaving an M+ group, people would try harder to finish a key even if it will be depleted or barely in time.

Is it just me, or?
    And what if the group agrees to disband? Happened to me a few days ago, got alot of unlucky deaths.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynical Asshole View Post
    Blizzard just added consequences for leaving Solo Shuffle matches.

How is that different from M+?

You leave M+ before the dungeon ended? -100 rating each time you bail.
    Repeated offenses? Account suspension.
    Not so different, but you do not understand the example you made yourself.

People have different win lose conditions in keys. Some are only there for score, and they consider it a loss (equivalent to losing solo shuffle) after timing the key is not possible anymore. Unless there is a prior agreement, I do not see why I should be forced to stay.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pahbi View Post
    Really the root cause is that players can't be replaced.

In my opinion, M10 and below should just stop the timer and let the leaver be replaced via the group finder.

Low level keys are casuals trying to get gear, so just let players be replaced in M10 or below.
    I doubt it is possible to implement this without causing even bigger issues.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cazz17 View Post
    Yes I am aware but there’s no way that ‘bosses hit too hard on tyrannical’ can be a factor until you’re reaching those 20+ keys. If your group is dying to tyrannical bosses anywhere in the +2-+17 key then that’s player fault. Removing the affix is overkill.
    ... Obviously "hitting to hard to kill" for player skill in a particular group. Even a depleted +25 of EACH key is depleted by player error and not by shit hitting to hard.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    stop leaving after the 1st wipe and stop expecting perfection in dungeons
    I expect a dungeon to be timed, if I am only in for the score. And if "perfection" is required to time it, I will expect perfection or leave.

I am not obligated to play with you if it stops being enjoyable and I couldnt care less if that upsets you

Quote Originally Posted by Squigglyo View Post
    I am not obligated to play with you if it stops being enjoyable and I couldnt care less if that upsets you
    I want to join your m+ runs and leave right after start.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    And then ide add you to my blacklist and never have that issue again...
    Exactly what OP should do if people dont play the way he wants in his groups
    Last edited by Squigglyo; 2023-01-09 at 10:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Because that's the same thing lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cozzri View Post
    Simple fix. Have a vote to quit dialogue box. And give it a cool down to initiate so clowns aren't spamming it the first then they die.
    Great idea. So I can say, Guys I'm just here for a timed key else I leave. But the group can now keep me hostage. That will sure solve the issue lol

Left a TJS +17 with higher io players after all 3 dps players died to the same beam on Mari. Nope, not doing idc. Go next.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

Azharok - Dalaran EU

No, but guess what it should give? -1 or -2 to your vault. Leaving keys shouldnt be this easy. I mean, i understand if group disbands if the key are too much, but atleast give it a few attempts, unless key are ultra tight.

Quote Originally Posted by lllll View Post
    I'd just stop pugging and only play in premade groups.
    That's precisely what he meant by "Would make wonders for the pug scene."
    MMO Champs :

If the system (i.e. raider.io) is tracking how many keys you're depleting, it should also track how many runs you quit before the timer was over. I think having a vote system that requires at least 3 players deciding to end the run before the timer is up we help against abuse. I surely would not invite people who regularely don't finish keys because they are depleted as I for one just want to finish the dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Piando View Post
    If the system (i.e. raider.io) is tracking how many keys you're depleting, it should also track how many runs you quit before the timer was over. I think having a vote system that requires at least 3 players deciding to end the run before the timer is up we help against abuse. I surely would not invite people who regularely don't finish keys because they are depleted as I for one just want to finish the dungeons.
    Voting doesn't help since you can't (as in: absolutely have no ability to) force people to play or play well.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

leave when M+ timer still going - 1h deserter

But why? Unless agreed upon before the key, it is perfectly reasonable to join a +20 just for a timed run. Why should others be able to force me to stay for their weekly no-leaver run, if they don't ask beforehand?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by uncl55 View Post
    leave when M+ timer still going - 1h deserter
    Great idea, now people will waste your time longer, because they instantly leave after 1s overtime.

Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    But why? Unless agreed upon before the key, it is perfectly reasonable to join a +20 just for a timed run. Why should others be able to force me to stay for their weekly no-leaver run, if they don't ask beforehand?
    Because you're screwing with someone else's key. Why are you forcing me to not finish my key by leaving, since I can't finish it when someone leaves. Also, I'm not saying that people shouldn't be able to leave, I just say that I want it to be tracked so that I know who I'm inviting into my groups.

Because you're screwing with someone else's key. Why are you forcing me to not finish my key by leaving, since I can't finish it when someone leaves. Also, I'm not saying that people shouldn't be able to leave, I just say that I want it to be tracked so that I know who I'm inviting into my groups.
    Unless you specifically said that you want the key run to completion, I am under no obligation to stay beyond what I am prepared to.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoopie
    this change is to help players like you..... you know..night elf with tyrannical beheader...

Azharok - Dalaran EU

I just don't see why there needs to be a penalty for failing a key. Just keep the key the same. Half the trouble starts there.

1+ Year Old Account
    Raider.io is pulling data with the help of Blizzard's API.

Raider.io can't pull data from something that does not exist.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zardas View Post
    That's precisely what he meant by "Would make wonders for the pug scene."
    It wouldn't though. A lot of tanks and healers would stop pugging. Just look at the solo shuffle wait time for DPS to get a hint of what happens when you make something not fun for healers.

Quote Originally Posted by zRares View Post
    I don't understand how there are no repercussions if someone leaves the M+ group (for various reasons) and messes up someone else's key.

In PvP if you leave nobody loses anything else but time and your spot can be replaced by someone else and you still get deserter, in M+ nothing.

Literally, nobody is trying in M+ anymore because they don't have to. If people would get a 30 minutes deserter for leaving an M+ group, people would try harder to finish a key even if it will be depleted or barely in time.

Is it just me, or?
    It's manually made group - too many variables.
    People can leave for various reasons - someone might be afk, someone might not know any tactics, there can even be a paid boost group which members are not aware of. People can literally leave on key insert to troll or someone can insert their own key instead of the group leader. People can ninja insert key before you can check what group you even have. People can leave push keys when it's clear it's not timed, people can leave no leavers group if healer is uncapable to do heal checks or tank flops on tank busters. A party leader can just disband group too and it's not always a key holder. Someone might be lagging hard like we had a situation yesterday where our warlock was like 800ms behind and it started literally during first pull.

Quote Originally Posted by Azharok View Post
    Unless you specifically said that you want the key run to completion, I am under no obligation to stay beyond what I am prepared to.
    You're arguing against something I'm not even proposing. I'm just pro penalty for leaving early, even if it's just by tracking that someone tends to leave keys early.