Page 33 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, in Harbaugh's situation: You are good at your job. Your current employer signed you to a deal, but you wonder if you are getting paid what you are worth. You would like a better deal. Maybe at your current employer or maybe at another place. You shop around, talk to some people. Go on an interview or 2. Ultimately you decide if you want to give up your good job and good contract for something better. And maybe you can get your current employer to sweeten your deal. Maybe you come to the conclusion that actually things aren;t great out there, and you can be pretty content with what you have.

That's basically what anyone would do if they worked in a field where recruiting and being recruited is a valid part of your work life. Harbaugh is just looking out for himself, which I don't think anyone can fault him for. Michigan was perfectly ready to move on from him if his work didn't improve, so why would he nto be willing to move on now that he has shown that he can still work as well as he can?

On the flipside, if you are Michigan, you see in Harbaugh a great coach who needed a serious prod to evaluate his methods and choose a better path, are you willing to up the ante with him now he's had 2 good years on this path? or are you worried that Bad Jim will turn up again and would you prefer to stick to the contract he has, which is plenty good for someone of his stature.

Both sides have choices to make, but at the moment it's Harbaugh in the driver's seat on those decisions. I'd let him shop around and bring back offers and then make my decision, if I were Michigan, and not blink on his gambits too fast. And if I'm Harbaugh, I'm nto leaving my cushy Michigan job for anything else except an NFL job where I have some control over what's going on. Harbaugh HATED the ending in SF cause he was overruled in personnel decisions and felt he knew better. And he was right, the GM at the time was a complete idiot who squandered mutliple drafts. Maybe Harbaugh gets the god offer from some team, but more likely is that an NFL team will want some control over his work and at least have a functional GM to pair with him. And then Harbaugh has to decide if he wants that and if he can work with the potential candidate.

personally I think that's why the Colts thing hasn't materialized. I think Irsay was quite keen to keep his current GM and his current structure of the GM making personnel decisions and the coahc just coaching. And I think Harbaugh wants to have significant influence on the grocery shopping. Maybe the Broncos give it to him. Maybe the Broncos go with Sean Payton instead. We'll see.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    @cubby I SEE, A BAD MOON RISING

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Betting odds for national championship winner in 2024

UGA: 3/1
    Bama: 15/4
    Ohio St: 6/1
    Michigan: 12/1
    ND: 14/1
    Penn St: 18/1
    Texas: 18/1
    Clemson: 25/1
    TCU: 25/1
    Utah: 28/1
    USC: 33/1
    LSU: 40/1
    OU: 40/1
    FSU: 50/1
    Miami: 50/1
    Oregon: 50/1
    Oregon St.: 50/1
    Vols: 50/1
    TAMU: 50/1
    UCLA: 50/1
    Florida: 75/1

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    @cubby I SEE, A BAD MOON RISING

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Betting odds for national championship winner in 2024

UGA: 3/1
    Bama: 15/4
    Ohio St: 6/1
    Michigan: 12/1
    ND: 14/1
    Penn St: 18/1
    Texas: 18/1
    Clemson: 25/1
    TCU: 25/1
    Utah: 28/1
    USC: 33/1
    LSU: 40/1
    OU: 40/1
    FSU: 50/1
    Miami: 50/1
    Oregon: 50/1
    Oregon St.: 50/1
    Vols: 50/1
    TAMU: 50/1
    UCLA: 50/1
    Florida: 75/1
    Lol the post-season pre-champ next-season odds for winning the natty. So prescient I can hardly keep from placing everything on Red.

Cam can say hi to Bo next season.

10+ Year Old Account
    This game is quickly getting out of hand.
    /s

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    This game is quickly getting out of hand.
    It's basically over. TCU has zero answer to Georgia's offense. Their defense is already exhausted, and Georgia is about to score before the half, and will get the ball at the start of the second half. TCU could be looking down the barrel of a 38-7 next possession.

Maybe they can get a field goal or something before the half. But this is a fucking slaughter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Big Yikes, sucks for everybody who bought advertising in the second half.
    /s

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    TCU throws another interception. Guess it will be even worse.

- - - Updated - - -

Bennett has gotta be the hands-down favorite for the Heisman next year. He was a fucking walk-on for christ's sake. How the hell did that happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol commentator just used the word "beat-down". In the first half.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Bennett has gotta be the hands-down favorite for the Heisman next year. He was a fucking walk-on for christ's sake. How the hell did that happen.
    Well it was six years ago.
    /s

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    I didn't realize that. Is he declaring this year or coming back?

- - - Updated - - -

So far the best part of this game is watching Saban have to sit there and take it while Leaf tells him (and the rest of us) that Georgia has "taken ahold of college football".
    (might be someone else other than Leaf - one of the commentators on the desk during half time)

Who's fucking idea was it to put Saban in the booth for the half time of the Natty when most everyone knew Georgia was going to blow the doors off TCU? Whoever did it I'm gonna send them flowers.

10+ Year Old Account
    When you realize that Stetson Bennett is older than Jalen Hurts, Justin Herbert, Tua Tagovailoa, Trevor Lawrence, DK Metcalf, and Mac Jones....
    Government Affiliated Snark

He's a year younger than Josh Allen. Who is in his 5th season.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think ima change my mind. The Big12 is more over rated than the Pac12 South.

Some DL from the NIL will be worth more than 8th year quarterbacks.

Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    I didn’t watch Michigan-Ohio State but in retrospect it seems similar - a couple huge TD runs and turnovers swung the game.
    Then don't talk about things you didn't watch.

Ohio State scored 3 points in the entire 2nd half and are the idiots that insisted on playing cover 0 with no safeties for most of the game. When they tried to play with safeties Michigan drove down the field on them in a long methodical drive for what was actually the dagger TD long before the 2 cherry on top runs from Edwards after.

MFers scored 3 whole points in the 2nd half and because you watched a highlight reel you think Michigan only won cause of big plays?

Michigan also clearly got out played and out coached by TCU as a Michigan fan there is no excuses there. Michigan is better than OSU and worse than TCU in head to head matchups, both can be and are true.

You would have to be absolutely mad to rank Ohio State over Michigan when it was a 45-23 h2h score in Ohio State's house. Trying to use some transitive bunk to try and justify it is even more laughable. TCU clearly emptied the bag and showed their entire hand to beat Michigan and UGA rightfully called their bluff that they had nothing else and the superior talent dominated. How you go from that to some transitive bs that Ohio State is better than a team who beat them 45-23 in their own house idk.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2023-01-10 at 04:20 AM.

My neighbors have been setting off fireworks all night, so *checks score* I guess every touchdown they set some off.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Lol the post-season pre-champ next-season odds for winning the natty. So prescient I can hardly keep from placing everything on Red.

Cam can say hi to Bo next season.
    Trying to see where Oregon is in the AP top ten... oh wait. They aren't in it!

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Trying to see where Oregon is in the AP top ten... oh wait. They aren't in it!
    It's so weird how Utah is ranked 10th and Oregon is ranked 15th. Remind me again who won between our teams this year?

We effectively lost our QB. I'm happy with Oregon's first season under Lanning.

Glad to see Utah doing so well, too. That ass kicking of USC was tremendous.

The Oregon Utah game should be fantastic next year.

p.s. why are you saying AP top ten...?

5+ Year Old Account
    It's so weird how Utah is ranked 10th and Oregon is ranked 15th. Remind me again who won between our teams this year?

We effectively lost our QB. I'm happy with Oregon's first season under Lanning.

Glad to see Utah doing so well, too. That ass kicking of USC was tremendous.

The Oregon Utah game should be fantastic next year.

p.s. why are you saying AP top ten...?
    Because I don't think coaches has come out quite yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    It’s reasonable to argue that Michigan is better than OSU, but that TCU loss looks absolutely terrible in retrospect and is utterly mystifying if they truly are the second best team. There are only two possibilities:

-Michigan losing to TCU is one of the worst performances by an elite team in the past 20 years and doesn’t reflect their true talent

-Michigan isn’t as elite as we thought

Ohio State went toe to toe with Georgia, who then beat TCU like the Hulk repeatedly smashing Loki into the ground at the end of Avengers (which is what everyone had expected Michigan to do).
    Or maybe both Ohio State and TCU had weeks to prepare for the Semis and brought their best there. TCU only had a week or so to prepare for an unknown opponent, and that unknown opponent rivals NFL teams in the amount of money that goes into preparation and coaching.

Michigan played a horrible game, failed to adjust defensively (again...problem that's years old with Harbaugh) and still could have won. TCU beat them fair and square, it was just an any given football day thing.

And the truth is thast GEORGIA also played quite a bad game against OSU, who had their any given football day moment. They just escaped their bad game unlike Michigan did.

And in the Finals, there was no time for TCU to prepare to the level they had for Michigan, and Georgia is Georgia and played to their standards and was highly motivated to go back to back.

Would Michigan have done better than TCU? I think so, but Georgia would have still kicked their ass, cause that team will likely set records for amount of players drafted and first rounders drafted.

This year was just Georgia and then at some distance everyone else. THey are the new Kings of CFP, and have dethroned Alabama, and will likely do what Alabama did for years, which is continually get to the CFP and kick ass with superior talent and superior operation and coaching.

But if you actually watched Michigan and OSU this year, OSU was a bad and soft team, and they completely no-showed in the 2nd half of The Game. Their highlight of the year was losing to a Georgia team playing one if its worst games defensively of the season.

And mark my words OSU will continue to excell in the regular season based on their offense, and will continue to look soft and out matched on defense and then lose big games against actually competent defenses that slow them down. Ryan Day has his merits as an offensive coach, but he's weak defensively and his teams have reflected it.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Because I don't think coaches has come out quite yet.
    Interestingly, Washington is the highest rated Pac-12 team in the final AP. Next year should be VERY interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Utah dodged UW this year. USC dodged the UW and UO.

Less scheduling welfare next year.

PAC12 needs to fucking release their 2023 schedule.