Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    On my megaserver the trade chat is basically unusable.

And so people post public orders because it's impossible to find crafters.

Very success, best system. Insert Obama decorating himself meme but with Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    I'm an engineer/alch. Literally have not seen a *single* listing for crafting orders in my learned or even unlearned recipes all expansion.
    I haven't exactly been keeping a careful watch on the market, but I have checked every day as a blacksmith.

I've seen...like, ten, maybe twelve. Not counting personal/guild which, yeah, the system is pretty good at.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Very Tired View Post
    I'm an engineer/alch. Literally have not seen a *single* listing for crafting orders in my learned or even unlearned recipes all expansion. Of course Blizz is completely tone deaf to this as they insist on having a weekly that involves completing these crafting orders. Which now has ultimately dissolved into just moving mats around, getting on your alt, and telling your main to do some pointless work.
    Engineer/Miner.

just gotta sit there, refresh while you watch something else, or advertise in trade chat.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Gamingsince1981 View Post
    I know huh, it's like these guys all seem to think , hey I love this shitty dragon riding so every one must, its like saying Justin beiber must be universally loved because some fan girl loves him. It's always the same on here, you can only have 1 opinion or it's the wrong one.

I have to say though , if this expansion is so loved by everyone as these guys say , where is everyone , its looking empty in game already, where are the sales brags by blizz ? I don't think this xpac has worked out as well as they planned and these issues like orders and dragon riding being shit don't help.
    I don't know what server you're on; valdrakken on my server is utterly packed at all times day or night. It's 2pm on a Monday afternoon here and it's completely packed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think merging crafting orders with the auction house would streamline a lot of it. Flask is stupid expensive on the AH but you have the materials? Click crafting order tab.

Also, if they expanded crafting orders to all expansion profession items you'd see more transactions (and get people out into the older zones, coupling that with universal dragon riding would be a nice touch).

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    How can this be called a success when every time I check, there's literally no crafting orders on for tailors? And I am on Stormrage - A - the BIGGEST Alliance realm! Ridiculous lol
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Almost positive Alchemy had to be at special tables for certain things, then there is BS / Mining which had a couple recipes that functioned the same way.

Though your crafting table is essentially next to your trainer in Valdrakken or pretty close. When you hover it should say "Tool Bench / Crafter's Table / etc".
    Yeah you had to be in an alchemy lab to make flasks back in vanilla. There was one in Scholomance, and one in BWL if I remember right?

This is the first expansion that I was able to make absolute bank with professions.

One thing I prefer is if they lower the cap on the amount of public orders a crafter can do. Maybe down to like 5, that way it doesnt get hogged up by a few people who has some kind of scanner addon and also makes each craft that much more meaningful meaning they won't craft just any random public order for 1g, but will instead hold out for better ones that either give skill-up and/or more gold.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Might have done all together done about 15 orders between my tailor/enchanter/alchemy but otherwise I enjoy the crafting system.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    ????????
    I am confused, what part is not able to be ordered?
    Well, that's good, they must have changed it last week. None of the engineering specific parts (capacitor, chassis, bolts, etc) used to be available through crafting orders, so you used to have to buy the parts on the AH if you weren't an engineer to place an engineering work order.

It's kinda moot anyway since hardly anyone places engineering work orders; it was mostly just an example of the various weirdnesses and inconsistencies of the system.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Well, that's good, they must have changed it last week. None of the engineering specific parts (capacitor, chassis, bolts, etc) used to be available through crafting orders, so you used to have to buy the parts on the AH if you weren't an engineer to place an engineering work order.

It's kinda moot anyway since hardly anyone places engineering work orders; it was mostly just an example of the various weirdnesses and inconsistencies of the system.
    Was changed December 19th.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/content...cember-19-2022

also as my picture above shows, there is lots of engineer work orders, just not perpetually up. just need to check every so often, i have almost 200 done and I have missed out on tons i couldnt craft, or I got them to cancel because they did a dumb thing

like today had a guy who wanted a helm crafted r5, put all gold and 15k up, i took it told him "dude bad idea, cancel it, there is a guy in trade who will do it, only cost you a bit more."
    dropped it, they cancelled, told dude I sent him his way, they both thanked me, coulda easily made 15+k (resourcefulness) but I let it go, as I do many times if I see something someone did dumb.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Obviously, it is easier to get crafting orders if you're on a high pop server or have time to bark in /trade to drum up orders, but I think it's safe to say that engineering is one of the professions that gets fewer crafting orders.

Nitpicking details doesn't really change any of the points I was making about the inconsistencies of the order system, especially between professions. I threw out engineering as an example (since on my realm it has been difficult), but you could just as easily point to the professions that can do almost nothing through the crafting order system (I believe alch and enchanting both only have a handful of things) in comparison to those that have a ton of desirable items like jewel or armor crafting. Or question why one can order gems but not enchants, or one specific DPS potion but only crafting flasks?

The point is there are a dozen examples of weirdness in what things are available to be crafted through the system and what you can only to use the AH for, and some of those disproportionately affect some professions more than others.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    They wouldn't get filled because required rank 5 recrafts with a primal require the person crafting to use an Insight that takes 50 artisan mettle and is a one time use item. With a primal it requires the crafter to use inspiration to get a rank 5 outside of that item.
    ... I guess you never actually read my post? I specifically talked about consumables, enchants and gems which only go to rank 3

15+ Year Old Account
    I log in more frequently just to craft some random stuff. Which is nice. I like the system, but now I lack artisan mettle which is not nice
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

10+ Year Old Account
    Public order mostly doesnt exist except very rare recipes. Trade chat is beein overspammed with crafters. If u want to craft good quality item you have to spend tons of gold on crafters fee and ofc not cheap materials. I can place ofc on public but obviously quality is random depends on who will pick it up. System have huge gaps and need so changes tbh.

In the month I've played I took one look at the profession system, saw it was needlessly complicated and then just ignored it beyond 'Oh I got one of those 369 ilvl orb things and my bracers could use upgrading'.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    It is not dumb at all, if you had the ability to make minimum requirement in public orders you'd basically kill off the entire market, essentially giving a middle finger to people who've put an effort into this system.
    Another thing this'd affect are people ranking up, because now they have to deal with the lack of orders AND the fact that most of it has a minimum quality lock. They're stuck where they are.
    Public order should be for quick orders, personal should stay for the truly refined items.
    Well there's a simple fix for that ... let people skill up without the retard spark and weeks of rep grind gating.
    Making it so that you have to stalk the public orders or constantly spam trade is incredibly dumb.
    No idea how people find it good gameplay to spam a refresh button, spam trade or wait for "rares" to spawn or why this shit non-gameplay os encouragee
    Last edited by kranur; 2023-01-10 at 10:02 AM.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    All this nonsense instead of just flipping crafted bop to be crafted boe..

They're sure getting people to login alright, but for what I'm not sure these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    It is not dumb at all, if you had the ability to make minimum requirement in public orders you'd basically kill off the entire market, essentially giving a middle finger to people who've put an effort into this system.
    Another thing this'd affect are people ranking up, because now they have to deal with the lack of orders AND the fact that most of it has a minimum quality lock. They're stuck where they are.
    Public order should be for quick orders, personal should stay for the truly refined items.
    No. Ppl who want a min quality will just not use the system. Like me. There is literally no one in general offering their services on my dead realm with exactly 2 raiding guilds and I'm not gonna put in an order for anything because the lowest ilvl is useless for me. With min quality, I could actually use the system in some capacity but I guess it's my fault I'm not leaving this realm.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post

They're sure getting people to login alright, but for what I'm not sure these days.
    This. Since basically ppl are only using personal orders, this is just complicating things for complicating them.

Quote Originally Posted by Subrias View Post
    What? Enchanter are selling enchants for 50k. Not sure what you are missing.

- - - Updated - - -

Why are you moving the mats? Personal orders can use the crafters mats.
    Note, your seeing the rank 3 enchant sell for 50k. Your not seeing the 5 rank 2 enchants made before getting an inspiration proc that sell at a a large loss causing the actual real profit to be much much smaller.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post

Crafted BoE's don't do any of the crafted system because they don't let the customer use his own BoP materials.

That what this system is for, to allow BoP materials such as Sparks and Primal Chaos to control supply of high end crafted items.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death