Poll: Which tank ?

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    TBH, I quickly learned the past couple of days it's not even worth it to argue with some of the kids on these forums. They're clearly struggling to get past 10s or getting carried in 13s and haven't a fucking clue what they're talking about.

It's laughable seeing these people have no idea about Paladin utility and spells that they believe that the only way a Paladin heals is through WoG and not casting SotR. Literally idiocy from some of these arguments.
    y'all and the nonstop shifting of the goalpost

what was the question posed in the OP?

and also, noone is denying paladin utility. But if it were better than warrior throughput it would be the #1 tank. which it is not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thalrend View Post
    What make paladin tanks pretty much the best pug tank, notice how i don't say best tank, is their interrupts. Most of the premade groups always have their interrupts handled so apart from few pulls in the game, you dont need paladins interrupt spam , but in a pug where people interrupt the first cast all 3 of them then get dicked by everything else like morons, from 1 to 20 range i might say, pala tank is the best one, considering how deadly some of the shit in the runs.

Warrior tank in a premade group shits on every single tank in every single way tho, so there is that and id argue its still very comparable to paladins as a pug tank also.
    very, very comparable

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by brynhildrprot View Post
    Thats not true you. Can cast quite a few wogs, and they will heal for qbout 100k to 200k if it crits, and 200k+every time if you play Protector.

You also have free wogs every 3 SOTRs and 15% to get a free wog. Quite often even while tanking +22/+23 I find myself in a situation where I can throw a free wog on a dps and it saves their life or sac

- - - Updated - - -

Why is it that if you go to a top tier tank then , ie Dorki and ask him. "Which tank carries pugs the hardest". He will say Prot Paladin.

Is he wrong are you just a better tank than him whats going on here?

Okay let me draw a coomparison. Season 1 of Shadowlands Resto Shaman didnt have vesper retunned yet and it was a mid tier push healer everyone played Holy Paladin in push keys, but in pugs Resto Shaman was still the better healer.

There is a disconnect between whats meta in +23 and +10 or +15. It has always been like that especially for tanks and healers
    If you ask dorki what the best tank is, what would he say?

You constantly attach "tank needs to be healer" to all of your arguments, noone is asking for that, the OP literally asks for "which tank would you invite"

Poll leans very heavily towards warrior, despite your constant need to create an argument out of nothing.

Lemme guess, next you'll expound upon the benefits devo aura can bring to the group, right?

- - - Updated - - -

"ask the top tier tanks what carries the hardest"

or

...notice what the top tier tanks are playing lmao. All tanks are viable btw so it really do not matter but warrior is the best at every key level

also andy who almost always plays prot/brew is maining warrior. I wonder why lmao
    Last edited by Kehego; 2023-01-15 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kehego View Post
    y'all and the nonstop shifting of the goalpost

what was the question posed in the OP?

and also, noone is denying paladin utility. But if it were better than warrior throughput it would be the #1 tank. which it is not.

The question is if you're a leader and you're looking for a tank, what tank are you going to pick. IE. pug. You are the one shifting the goalposts here. Knock it the fuck off. Paladin is the best pug tank. Warrior is overkill and if you need a fucking warrior to carry your ass because it's the number 1 tank then you're fucking terrible.

The question is if you're a leader and you're looking for a tank, what tank are you going to pick. IE. pug. You are the one shifting the goalposts here. Knock it the fuck off. Paladin is the best pug tank. Warrior is overkill and if you need a fucking warrior to carry your ass because it's the number 1 tank then you're fucking terrible.
    Wait.. Paladin is the best pick because prot is overkill? In what dimension does this make any kind of sense?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    Wait.. Paladin is the best pick because prot is overkill? In what dimension does this make any kind of sense?
    Prot warrior doesnt take any damage... And does good damage, has a few stops.

Prot paladin is slightly less tanky, does slightly less damage, but provides a cleanse, a combat ress, offhealing, externals (Sac BOP Spellwarding), 2.5x as many kicks as a prot warrior. And has an aoe stop and a stun, both of which are on a slightly shorter cd than warriors. I didnt even mention Avengers shield is a 30 yard range interrupt, Avengers shield is literally a broken ability, 30 yard ranged interrupt on a shorter cd than actual kicks that can reset its CD and has a 3 second spell lock component to it

All of these things diminish in value in an organized group, but being 30% of a healer and having 2.5x as many kicks as any other person in the game, has combat ress while being 80% as tanky as a prot warrior.

That will make the difference in certain pugs between a deplete and a timed key, being 20% less tanky in a +15 wont.

I am 2950rio right now on my main. And I can tell you;

The extra damage and tankiness prot warr provides is COMPLETELY unneeded in your weekly, as long as no dangerous one shot spells like say tidal bursts or cinderwaves go off you will time the key. Maybe your dps gets hit by an enforcer and you save rheir life with a sac and a lay on hands.

If nothing else prot paladin has Combat Ress.

There are just infinite ways prot paladin can save keys other tanks cant.

And what tank is the best at Preventing those things from happening... Prot paladin.

Prot paladin falls off once you get into high keys and the safety net prot pala provides is unneeded since people know what they are doing. Offheals and sacs and bops are always Nice utility, but the main thing that makes it better than warrior in keys is made less relevant with kick assignments.

It still happens people miss a kick or kick the wrong thing and prot paladin has a backup with Avengers shield, but the higher the key the less likely it is to happen.

Prot paladin is the tank equivalent of a rogue you can lock down mobs and Prevent them from casting spells for 20-25 Seconds with divine resonance from divine toll while kicking another target on the side. Sort locking two casters at once
    Last edited by brynhildrprot; 2023-01-15 at 09:59 PM.

lmfao this guy is just insane

The extra damage and tankiness prot warr provides is COMPLETELY unneeded in your weekly
    bffr my guy

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stormwolf64 View Post
    he's trapped in light's hope chapel somewhere

- - - Updated - - -

"if you need warrior you're bad"
    "take paladin because they can carry you"

you're a bitter (shitty) paladin main.

- - - Updated - - -

You've lost the argument so rather than have ANY comeback you just attack. Sad.

I drag Brewmaster, Paladin, Warrior, and Guardian to KSM every season and then push on whatever tank feels most comfortable (achieved on 3/4 already this season because I haven't had the urge to play my Guardian).

Another user above covered why you and another poster are completely wrong.

I've forgotten more about tanking than you will ever know.

Paladin, only cause my raid leader is one and leads our mythic plus groups too.

You've lost the argument so rather than have ANY comeback you just attack. Sad.

I drag Brewmaster, Paladin, Warrior, and Guardian to KSM every season and then push on whatever tank feels most comfortable (achieved on 3/4 already this season because I haven't had the urge to play my Guardian).

Another user above covered why you and another poster are completely wrong.

I've forgotten more about tanking than you will ever know.
    So more ad hominems and absolutely no regard for the topic at hand, lol, gotcha.
    72 to 28 on the polls.

I guess the community agrees with one of us. Wonder which?

lmfao this guy is just insane

bffr my guy

- - - Updated - - -

he's trapped in light's hope chapel somewhere

- - - Updated - - -

I am genuinely curious as to what key levels you are tanking, to feel like you are such an authority on the subject

- - - Updated - - -

So more ad hominems and absolutely no regard for the topic at hand, lol, gotcha.
    72 to 28 on the polls.

I guess the community agrees with one of us. Wonder which?
    The community is wrong and doesn't understand what depletes 90% of keys.

Kicks.

Okay it's more like kicks, positioning, mostly just avoiding avoidable shit. Definitely not damage or anything that requires a Warrior's mitigation.

I don't understand how you see us saying prot paladin is the better pug tank, to mean that Prot paladin is a better OVERALL tank than Prot Warrior. Nobody in this thread ever said that, but prot paladin's toolkit just lends itself very well to pugs.

PROT WARRIOR IS THE BETTER TANK, NOBODY IS DENYING THAT

HOWEVER, if you're not doing keys above +20, using voice, assigning kicks. Then yea, there's a high chance you'll deplete less keys with a prot paladin, unless your particular Prot paladin has survivability issues.

This is not even saying that prot warr is a bad pug tank either...
    Last edited by brynhildrprot; 2023-01-16 at 01:53 AM.

I love how random posters on the forum think pugs are going to fail due to tank survivability. PUGS rarely succeed in or get to keys high enough where tank survival is actually a thing. If your tank is dying in your weekly 10-18s they are dog shit and it has nothing to do with what class they are playing. No tank needs anything more than random maintenance HoTs/heals to stay alive in those keys, no fancy huge pulls are needed. Tanks only die in those key ranges due to taking a tank buster with no mitigation up, that makes them garbage if they are having any real survival issues.

Imagine thinking you need a prot war to carry your ass in your weekly no leaver 16 due to mitigation. Someone with that mind set has absolutely no clue about the overall game and is just trying to copy top player setups without understanding how the game works.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2023-01-16 at 02:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I love how random posters on the forum think pugs are going to fail due to tank survivability. PUGS rarely succeed in or get to keys high enough where tank survival is actually a thing. If your tank is dying in your weekly 10-18s they are dog shit and it has nothing to do with what class they are playing. No tank needs anything more than random maintenance HoTs/heals to stay alive in those keys, no fancy huge pulls are needed. Tanks only die in those key ranges due to taking a tank buster with no mitigation up, that makes them garbage if they are having any real survival issues.

Imagine thinking you need a prot war to carry your ass in your weekly no leaver 16.
    imagine being obtuse enough to willfully misunderstand the difference between prot war is less likely to die because it's tankier, and therefore you should pick one over the other tanks, and needing to be carried by one
    it's like not understanding why you would invite someone with higher ilvl over someone with lower ilvl. just straight trolling
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    imagine being obtuse enough to willfully misunderstand the difference between prot war is less likely to die because it's tankier, and therefore you should pick one over the other tanks, and needing to be carried by one
    it's like not understanding why you would invite someone with higher ilvl over someone with lower ilvl. just straight trolling
    If you think a prot war is less likely to die than a blood dk in keys of those range you just proved my point. You have no clue how the game works and just want to copy top player setups. Blood DKs are literally immortal until they get to key levels where they can be globalled which isn't until the 20+ range.

You took the bait and just couldn't help yourself but to expose the complete lack of knowledge on the topic at hand. Blood DK can basically solo a damn 16 if they had enough give a fuck and time to want to do it but my man thinks prot war is less likely to die in lower keys like that lmfao.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    If you think a prot war is less likely to die than a blood dk in keys of those range you just proved my point. You have no clue how the game works and just want to copy top player setups. Blood DKs are literally immortal until they get to key levels where they can be globalled which isn't until the 20+ range.
    that's right dude, because every tank in the lfg tool is an mdi alt who plays perfectly. warrior just needs to mash ignore pain and keep 100% shield block uptime and he's immortal, which 90% of the playerbase can do. meanwhile BDKs get randomly oneshot and proclaim surprise at how high the damage is in this new key level that they do for the first time now. paladins do the same, by the way. they are fairly hard to play properly, which is why you DON'T invite them. you know how many prot paladins I've seen with fewer interrupts than the RANGED? if you think it's a better idea to invite these harder-to-play classes at LOWER skill levels then you're just dumb.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

that's right dude, because every tank in the lfg tool is an mdi alt who plays perfectly. warrior just needs to mash ignore pain and keep 100% shield block uptime and he's immortal, which 90% of the playerbase can do. meanwhile BDKs get randomly oneshot and proclaim surprise at how high the damage is in this new key level that they do for the first time now. paladins do the same, by the way. they fairly hard to play properly, which is why you DON'T invite them. you know how many prot paladins I've seen with fewer interrupts than the RANGED? if you think it's a better idea to invite these harder-to-play classes at LOWER skill levels then you're just dumb.
    Dude you are entirely clueless, hitting death strike so hard. Playing Blood doesn't actually become hard until you have a threat of being globalled which isn't until 20+. When that time comes they actually have to time defensives around points they can be one shot or globalled. Before that they just hit death strike and they live. Oh man got to find some super skilled player in the LFG tool for that!

that's right dude, because every tank in the lfg tool is an mdi alt who plays perfectly. warrior just needs to mash ignore pain and keep 100% shield block uptime and he's immortal, which 90% of the playerbase can do. meanwhile BDKs get randomly oneshot and proclaim surprise at how high the damage is in this new key level that they do for the first time now. paladins do the same, by the way. they are fairly hard to play properly, which is why you DON'T invite them. you know how many prot paladins I've seen with fewer interrupts than the RANGED? if you think it's a better idea to invite these harder-to-play classes at LOWER skill levels then you're just dumb.
    you're arguing with 2 paladin mains, my guy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by brynhildrprot View Post
    I am genuinely curious as to what key levels you are tanking, to feel like you are such an authority on the subject

- - - Updated - - -

The community is wrong and doesn't understand what depletes 90% of keys.

Kicks.

Okay it's more like kicks, positioning, mostly just avoiding avoidable shit. Definitely not damage or anything that requires a Warrior's mitigation.

I don't understand how you see us saying prot paladin is the better pug tank, to mean that Prot paladin is a better OVERALL tank than Prot Warrior. Nobody in this thread ever said that, but prot paladin's toolkit just lends itself very well to pugs.

PROT WARRIOR IS THE BETTER TANK, NOBODY IS DENYING THAT

HOWEVER, if you're not doing keys above +20, using voice, assigning kicks. Then yea, there's a high chance you'll deplete less keys with a prot paladin, unless your particular Prot paladin has survivability issues.

This is not even saying that prot warr is a bad pug tank either...
    "yeah guys i know more than everyone else, trust me" - mmo-c roleplay account

you're arguing with 2 paladin mains, my guy.

- - - Updated - - -

"yeah guys i know more than everyone else, trust me" - mmo-c roleplay account
    "Have nothing to say. I'm clueless" - Kehego

- - - Updated - - -

I main a Brewmaster. I play Paladin and Warrior as alts.

On all three characters, my survivability is not what depletes keys.

When I mess around as WW or on a Hunter alt. Again, the tank dying is not what depletes keys.

What depletes keys is DPS randomly dying. Because they cannot use defensives, because they cannot kick, because they cannot stun. I've had plenty of keys deplete this season on my Warrior and Monk because a healer or DPS died which causes a pack to live even longer which sometimes leads to full wipes.

Paladin works toward being able to solve all of these issues. The number of people I've saved on my Paladin with either BoP, LoH, or BoS is ridiculous.

As a matter of fact, if I'm putting together a group and I needed a tank for a +15 and my choice is between 10 warriors, a Monk and a Guardian Druid all with the same IO, I am probably going to go with the Guardian or the Monk because the chances that 9 of those warriors are mouthbreathers who don't know how to pull more than 1 pack at a time is going to be high.

I'd honestly love to see key depletion by tank spec from someplace like raider.io because I'm willing to bet all of the specs are within 10% of each other on depletion percentages with warriors being a bit higher than the other tanks due to the fact it's fotm which attracts people who don't know what they're doing.

I am a new tank this expac. I have tried as much I can by watching too streamers and reading guides. There is also no amount of watching which can replace actual runs. So it is possible the tanks you came across are learning.

Additionally this goes both ways, I have had DPS pull extra via grip because I pulled too slow or md additional packs while having used up all my defensives.

It is generally about communication and coordination.

"paladin is the best tank because its worse than warrior"

This is you right now. sit the fuck down re-re

Quote Originally Posted by Zankuro View Post
    "paladin is the best tank because its worse than warrior"

This is you right now. sit the fuck down re-re
    Someone needs a diaper change and also needs to learn to read. Completely clueless if you think Warrior is the only viable tank.

Someone needs a diaper change and also needs to learn to read. Completely clueless if you think Warrior is the only viable tank.
    Take your own advice little re-re, try cooling down your retard-rage over picking the inferior class, and read it again. Or just level the superior class, only takes a few hours.
    Last edited by Zankuro; 2023-01-16 at 03:57 AM.