Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Julmara View Post
    i cant believe it a years old expansion about which is everything perfectly known and documented gets boring
    who would have guessed
    Nah, it's definitely just a Wrath problem.

Classic Vanilla and Classic TBC were both significantly less boring.

I'm about to level my 9th level 80 before Ulduar even comes out... I literally did not have time to even level one alt until much later on into both Vanilla and TBC. I have three level 80s that are all nearly phase 1 raid BiS. Shit's too easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    Nah, it's definitely just a Wrath problem.

Classic Vanilla and Classic TBC were both significantly less boring.

I'm about to level my 9th level 80 before Ulduar even comes out... I literally did not have time to even level one alt until much later on into both Vanilla and TBC. I have three level 80s that are all nearly phase 1 raid BiS. Shit's too easy.
    Naxx was new and fresh in 2010 for 99% of the playerbase, but thanks to classic wow it was an incredible snore.

TBC lost a lot of people with tier 5, as the casual guilds couldn't actually clear vashj and kael thas so you needed to be in a serious dedicated guild. they're 'easy' compared to mythic raiding in retail nowadays, but for the nostalgia crowd it was a level of commitment that was a significant step up. so once you were blocked at tier 5, you unsubbed.

wrath has the opposite problem, the content was too easy and so phase 1 was done in about 4-6 weeks. ulduar should have hit in december, but blizzard had to protect Dragonflight so we're getting it this week.

Ulduar is only really raiding + new titan mode dungeons, but should be enough to hold people onboard until ToC + daily hub for the casuals.

its definitely the most 'solved' of all wow content. i never really pushed wow content hard back in vanilla and original tbc, but i remember clearing ICC 10 & 25 normal back in the day and its surprisingly fresh in my mind.

either way, ulduar will see a lot of classic players returning and we'll be back to 750-1m people clearing raids again.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Do people actually enjoy WQs or the mindless killing rare mobs loop? I've personally never found them satisfying content.
    WQs was ome of the best clntent in the game. i remember in bfa i would spend hours at a WQ to kill a swoll naga just for the pvp. always fresh meat swinging in and changing the balance. it was about as close to social wow retail got. now the de-empasized WQs. boo.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Do people actually enjoy WQs or the mindless killing rare mobs loop? I've personally never found them satisfying content.
    idk if enjoy is the word i would use,but whats better?wq?or old daily system?pretty sure wq are like a clear huge improvement on the system,also the rare mob loop is annoying,the rates should be higher

10+ Year Old Account
    Not bored at all. Have one main 80 to progress with raiding, PvP and Argent tournament, then 69 twink that is grinding honor to buy Brutal gear for 70-79 bracket which is even more fun than 60-69; then sometimes I log a 49 rogue twink to have some fun in WPvP. Also, got a storage guild of my own where I keep the items for sale and future investments

The world feels really alive, there is a TON of levelers in every zone, AH is thriving with items (122k on my realm).

WoTLK >> DF in any aspect.

Wrath is boring when you hit Grizzly Hills
    Start SOM servers for TBC right now ffs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by creambones View Post
    Outside of raiding, is there anything to do?. No world quests, no rare mob/boss farming for gear, no mythic+ for challenging runs and rewards. You have nothing to do for the entire week once you clear the raids in 1 day.

Naxxramas difficulty is the same as a Mythic+ in Dragonflight.
    I think we need to split this into two questions: Is there nothing to do or nothing worth doing?

I like that people care about evergreen content nowadays, finally, in 2023 it's a thing. The design of WoW has always been the opposite of that, let's go with Morning Glory content. You have a long buildup, a short bloom, then it takes longer to wither and shrivel than the time it took to grow the bud.

The more we skip a green or a blue, or an entire zone, the sooner we get to the OP. The more dungeons we skip then grab gear from a raid, the sooner we get to the OP. The better we are at the game, the more efficient, the more meta gamer we are the closer we get to the OP.

There is a ton to do in the game, more than you could ever have completed with the amount of time servers have been up. But is it worth doing?

It was my hope with Classic that we'd be drawn to a slower approach. Savoring the moment and smelling the roses. Wear the gear you never wore, don't bother raid at all because then you can move more slowly through the natural progression paths in the game. My hopes were dashed with the schedules of the phases, they are released based off demand from raiders, content ends, your efforts become irrelevant, all because of the OP.

They hunger for more only to swallow it whole, while some of us breathe in the aroma, take account of the notes of flavor, appreciate the texture, and dive into the immersive feel without worrying about how important it is.

WoW Classic might not be evergreen, but it's still a plant you can nurture.

Quote Originally Posted by Akraen View Post
    I think we need to split this into two questions: Is there nothing to do or nothing worth doing?

I like that people care about evergreen content nowadays, finally, in 2023 it's a thing. The design of WoW has always been the opposite of that, let's go with Morning Glory content. You have a long buildup, a short bloom, then it takes longer to wither and shrivel than the time it took to grow the bud.
    See what's crazy to me is that I've always enjoyed evergreen content. RuneScape, in the version I enjoyed it the best, was full of evergreen content.

I've wanted something like player housing in WoW from the beginning: Something that always takes the same amount of effort to complete in some form or fashion that you can go back and do if you want to but is entirely optional to the "main" game.

I think the biggest complaint with Classic I have is that there really isn't a lot of evergreen content. Vanilla WoW took up too much of your time with the "main" content, but that prevented you from feeling like you were bored. TBC did the same in the beginning, but then there wasn't really a whole lot to do later on.

Wrath just doesn't give you shit to do from the start.

I've always disliked the way that Blizzard has handled expansions though, as they're really the exact OPPOSITE of that word. You aren't "expanding" upon anything really, you're taking away all of the content that players had from the last expansions. Once you hit 58 in Classic, you're just going straight to Outland. No UBRS runs, no MC, none of that.

I think that, with a little bit of forethought, this problem could have been prevented and solved in an interesting way, but they were likely not told to care about that kind of thing. I don't know they even thought WoW would be going on long enough to even get an expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    See what's crazy to me is that I've always enjoyed evergreen content. RuneScape, in the version I enjoyed it the best, was full of evergreen content.

I've wanted something like player housing in WoW from the beginning: Something that always takes the same amount of effort to complete in some form or fashion that you can go back and do if you want to but is entirely optional to the "main" game.

I think the biggest complaint with Classic I have is that there really isn't a lot of evergreen content. Vanilla WoW took up too much of your time with the "main" content, but that prevented you from feeling like you were bored. TBC did the same in the beginning, but then there wasn't really a whole lot to do later on.

Wrath just doesn't give you shit to do from the start.

I've always disliked the way that Blizzard has handled expansions though, as they're really the exact OPPOSITE of that word. You aren't "expanding" upon anything really, you're taking away all of the content that players had from the last expansions. Once you hit 58 in Classic, you're just going straight to Outland. No UBRS runs, no MC, none of that.

I think that, with a little bit of forethought, this problem could have been prevented and solved in an interesting way, but they were likely not told to care about that kind of thing. I don't know they even thought WoW would be going on long enough to even get an expansion.
    Yeah, like why aren't we still going back to Outland for helm and shoulder enchants? Sons of Hodir could do something else. Imagine if they added a new level of helm/shoulder enchants but kept that in Outland. Not to force you through a pointless grind, but to keep an entire world at least a little relevant. Then curiosity could help encourage you to explore it further.

Outside of raiding, is there anything to do?. No world quests, no rare mob/boss farming for gear, no mythic+ for challenging runs and rewards. You have nothing to do for the entire week once you clear the raids in 1 day.

same as mm+2 I guess, you're right lol
    dont compare naxxtramas 25 dps fest (my casual guild cleared it in 2 raid nights at woltk VANILLA release lol...) to even mm+10

leveled my 3rd char to 80, ran tier 7 raids this week. getting close to being Ulduar ready in about 7 days (had a warrior parked @ 60 from classic).

upon reflection i remembered that Wrath was the expansion where alts became a big thing. Back in Classic it was hard to run 1 character at end game, the die hards might have 2. TBC was similar, although you might have 2 raiders and a pvp toon.

by end of wrath i remember have 6 maxed out characters in ICC gear. it was the same back in 2010 as it is today...the content was consumed quickly, and the introduction of ease of life features got people to the raid logging stage that much faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Ermelloth View Post
    Not bored at all. Have one main 80 to progress with raiding, PvP and Argent tournament, then 69 twink that is grinding honor to buy Brutal gear for 70-79 bracket which is even more fun than 60-69; then sometimes I log a 49 rogue twink to have some fun in WPvP. Also, got a storage guild of my own where I keep the items for sale and future investments

The world feels really alive, there is a TON of levelers in every zone, AH is thriving with items (122k on my realm).

WoTLK >> DF in any aspect.
    Nothing like twinking in 3 different brackets to shout "The game isn't boring" mate..

I never understood twinks. Are you just too bad at actual level-field PVP so you have to have an enormous advantage for it to be fun, captain 1300?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Algorath View Post
    Nothing like twinking in 3 different brackets to shout "The game isn't boring" mate..

I never understood twinks. Are you just too bad at actual level-field PVP so you have to have an enormous advantage for it to be fun, captain 1300?
    It turns WoW into Diablo. It's not fair, but it is fun.

There's arena for actual PvP, and there's twinking for shenanigans.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

Who would have thought that a 15 year old expansion that centers only around raiding without open world content, has no open world content and centers around raiding?

Maybe retail does have a reason to exist after all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Algorath View Post

I never understood twinks.
    It's really that simple. To maintain max level PvP character, you need a huge amount of time to gear him up, update your gear every season AND you also have to raid to get your weapons to be on par since we all know the impact of certain PvE items in PvP. Its fine when you're progressing one, main character, what I also do. But to go through all that with alts... Takes too much time and effort, time that I cannot afford spending.

While twink alt is a sort of "finite" character. You geared him up just once and you won't need to do it again, update his gear every season, bother to raid to get weapons or trinkets, etc. Such alt is always ready to go, so you can have fun with other class / spec whenever you want and not feel gimped or undergeared again. You will also face many other twinks (it's so popular now that in fact in every bracket at least 1/3 of queuing people ARE twinks). And don't forget WPvP, of course. When players of your faction get ganked, say, in Hellfire Peninsula, it is great to have someone twinked to protect and defend them from offenders, and when you can 1 vs. 3-4 of your level range it is still much more fair odds than lvl 80 main vs. all of these, since you can be CCd or killed by a crowd while a 80 ganker can not.

Finally, I'm actively using my twinks in PvE as well. For example, its absolutely fantastic to farm Zul Farrak and Uldaman on my 69. Since main's char bags and bank are full with cosmetic items, rep items, tabards, engineering gadgets, etc., stuff I can't really throw away or store everywhere since its BOP (we aren't in Cata, so no Void Storage, sadly), it's very convenient to do the farming on strong alt who can AoE the mobs in instances. Mageweave cloth and rare Uldaman items bring a lot of gold on realm where I play.
    Last edited by Ermelloth; 2023-02-08 at 09:58 AM.

So play other games.

It's awesome all we have to do is raid log.

Ah yes. Wrath is the same like 15 years ago. Boring and raid logging. I havent done it different back then. Why are people surprised?

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    What's fucking up my Immortal/Undying are try hard parsers who don't move because it results in a dps loss. Or healers going OOM constantly because bad players are taking more damage than usual and thus taking all the power infusions or innervates. Or healers getting emo because they want to single heal the whole instance, then fail at it. Because apparently, a 99 is more important or fun to these bads than having fun with a group of guildies/achievements.
    What's worse is when your GM is the "baddie" and proceeds to tell the guild that "we're not a speedrunning guild, just hardcore" and then approaches the raid, every reset, with the speedrun mentality coupled with the 1 player per role tryhards, ending in what would be a perfect go every time but with 1 random dead on 3 bosses per raid, every week.

"We're not speedrunning"

You are aware of the fact that m+ in retail literally scales to infinity? You can upgrade a key from +2 all the way to +30 for example and the change in difficulty is humongous.
    There is no end-game content in classic vanilla, tbc nor wotlk that comes even remotely close to the potential difficulty of m+, if you play it at a decent level.

So my question to you is, did you ever push a key over +15 or were you stuck in the +2s?

I mean it got boring back in 2009.

There's a reason why blizzard added all this supplementary stuff.
    Pretty much level, gear, grind consumes for raid, clear raid, grind raid till you're geared for next tier then quit.
    Maybe if you can stretch the content by achievement grinding but there wasn't a lot of it. But it was still good.

Must Be even more boring now that's you're playing the solved version of the game with no mysteries or wonder in it.
    BTW is ICC out yet or is it like TotC, also will be be bothered with ruby life shrine?