Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nereidaa View Post
    Every day I check these forums I am more convinced that this is the Flat Earther community of MMOs. Mostly socially rejected, angry, opinionated, biased people who are vastly ignorant and running a life-threatening case of Dunning-Kruger, spewing hate and crying about the free masons or the Illuminati taking their tax dollars and getting rich at the expense of all the sheep people who won't raise their head to protest. "You have to use critical thinking!" says the flat earther. What a fetid cesspool of society.
    You fit right in with a rant like that. ^^'
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Zodiark View Post
    I DON'T WANT a game that's made for everyone. I want a game that is made of the dorky gamer that I am.
    You can't really design a game for millions of people and cater to exactly one person. We all have our likes and dislikes. Nothing wrong with disliking things (I do too), but as long as the likes in wow outweigh the dislikes for me I'll keep playing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Foulfrost View Post
    But then you stop listening to what they're saying and look at the result of their work and see a game where the world itself is dead as a dodo, the lore is in shambles, open world content amounts to meaningless, tedious chores in pursuit of some reward for a dopamine kick or are this horrible braindead grind like professions. The treadmill is still there and all they've done is explain why they designed it that way. For everybody...
    You're reading too much into this. It's blizzard's job to design a game that has content for their diverse player base. It's not realistic to expect any one content creator to care about something they are not that interested in. But we know--from the prior video with devolore--that Blizzard has community managers that gather feedback from a variety of sources and distills it back to the devs.

TBH DF is probably my least favorite expansion so far but that isn't a youtubers' fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    A few people trying to make the soup event as some new innovative way to get people together.
    I find soup fun at least.

Every day I check these forums I am more convinced that this is the Flat Earther community of MMOs.
    Please don't insult flat earthers who are generally nice, well rounded people with just a silly belief. Or maybe it's Jaina's fault for the ice wall.

Every day I check these forums I am more convinced that this is the Flat Earther community of MMOs. Mostly socially rejected, angry, opinionated, biased people who are vastly ignorant and running a life-threatening case of Dunning-Kruger, spewing hate and crying about the free masons or the Illuminati taking their tax dollars and getting rich at the expense of all the sheep people who won't raise their head to protest. "You have to use critical thinking!" says the flat earther. What a fetid cesspool of society.
    do you google fancy words before you post your bile every day to make yourself look more clever? i mean really, you always post without actually saying anything constructive, you just belittle, mock or insult and at the same time you have the guts to call others toxic or ignorant?! smh, i guess the world is just full of assholes.
    There is a void in my heart. Have you come to fill it?

Quote Originally Posted by Cucumberer View Post
    So why doesn't he just stream FFXIV, where he gets more viewers, subs and donations? Is preach intentionally playing a game he no longer likes just to have smaller revenue?
    You got anything to back up that if he did prolonged FF14 streaming it would? Or just speculation like myself ? Considering you are banned, I assume speculation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    You have more options to customize your build based on what content you're doing, which is nice.

+ loadouts

And leveling is better.

Overall = better than old system
    It’s different, I wouldn’t say better. I am still only changing a handful of talents, similar to the old system.

Quote Originally Posted by Tylanthia View Post
    It's not realistic to expect any one content creator to care about something they are not that interested in.
    I can agree with this.

But we know--from the prior video with devolore--that Blizzard has community managers that gather feedback from a variety of sources and distills it back to the devs.
    The community managers are not for us. They are paid by blizzard doing job for blizzard.
    It's like going to court with someone and they would say "oh don't worry, you're fine without your own lawyer, we will have mine, who is very good at his job!" and you'd go there happily without your own lawyer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn, some people here -seriously- hate this game and anyone who plays it. While playing it themselves. It is absolutely fascinating behavior they could almost do studies on.
    On topic though, with anything Blizzard always better to wait and see rather than listen to what they say. I personally am having a blast with Dragonflight, as someone who quit a month into Shadowlands.

This thread is golden, you could probably farm it out into multiple youtube videos.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    This thread is golden, you could probably farm it out into multiple youtube videos.
    If Preach was Asmongold, he would be alreadly milking it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei View Post
    The community managers are not for us. They are paid by blizzard doing job for blizzard.
    It's like going to court with someone and they would say "oh don't worry, you're fine without your own lawyer, we will have mine, who is very good at his job!" and you'd go there happily without your own lawyer.
    Blizzard's self interest is to understand their customers so they can make a good product that pleases them. So while the CMs work for Blizzard, it's not an adversarial relationship like a court is. They want to please as many people as possible with their game so they keep making money from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    The outrage 1 year ago was probably PR stunt from most creators.

You gotta agree with public opinion or people will get angry with you.

It is OK to move on to the next pooular opinion when the previous becomes irrelevant

Same thing happening with the new hogwartz game, News outlets and Content creators are currently trying to appease the outrage crowed just to avoid backlash
    I dont give a shit about the outrage. Just find it funny that people think preach actually paid blizzard instead of thinking blizzard is doing this as a pr stunt to look better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Please don't insult flat earthers who are generally nice, well rounded people with just a silly belief.
    A silly belief that they have tried to spread onto others.

No, flat-earthers absolutely deserve all the insults and
    mockery they can get for even remotely thinking, let
    alone believing in something so retarded. There's no
    excuse.

You're reading too much into this. It's blizzard's job to design a game that has content for their diverse player base. It's not realistic to expect any one content creator to care about something they are not that interested in. But we know--from the prior video with devolore--that Blizzard has community managers that gather feedback from a variety of sources and distills it back to the devs.

TBH DF is probably my least favorite expansion so far but that isn't a youtubers' fault.

I find soup fun at least.
    This is the problem. They used to design this game according to a specific vision and for a specific audience. The larger the game grew and the more other groups of people hopped on board, the more they decided to cater to the lowest denominator. Essentially to everybody, they all keep repeating this like their mantra is somehow conducive to a good game but it ran off everybody that didn't like that design direction. Which was a lot of people.

I can't understand what is to like about the soup event for example, from a gameplay perspective. It's well liked I'm sure, because it's zero effort for an easy reward. A cheap dopamine kick from rolling the dice on whatever loot it gives you. Manipulative and empty but not good gameplay. Emblematic for modern WoW, really.

And I doubt they still skim the forums for good feedback like they used to. What even is there to gain? How do you decide what is good feedback? Ion himself admitted that people want impossible amounts of different and sometimes opposing things. Less WQ's, more WQ, no WQ's. So how do they decide? I don't buy that it's by listening, recent history proves that. I think they lock themselves into a bubble and decide based on their own ideas and the most superficial of knowledge about player demands or issues.

"We know you didn't like borrowed powers! Yes, we're maybe 6 years late on that revelation. But worry not, here is dragonriding, which makes gathering a painful affair and he's the new professions, with so many glaring problems that it's almost absurd we didn't catch any. See you in 6 years, when we might realise the problems we create today, need fixing.'

Quote Originally Posted by Melius View Post
    do you google fancy words before you post your bile every day to make yourself look more clever? i mean really, you always post without actually saying anything constructive, you just belittle, mock or insult and at the same time you have the guts to call others toxic or ignorant?! smh, i guess the world is just full of assholes.
    Haha. "Fancy words". The fact that you consider anything I said "fancy words" just reaffirms my statement in the most poetic way.

Watch out, I might say a four digit number next to look more clever.

But rest assured, I have no interest in watching you retort in the muck any longer. I returned to WoW for Dragonflight and thought to check this site for its nostalgia value. Sadly, that's the only value it had, and it's time to shelve it forever. Whoever is in charge can be proud of themselves for letting it degenerate to, in a nutshell, this thread.
    Last edited by Nereidaa; 2023-01-17 at 05:46 PM.

Mmmmh goyslop yum yum

Quote Originally Posted by BasilTheRat View Post
    I can't imagine what it must be like to not have independent thought.
    Life must be so easy for you.
    All I'm asking is for you provide me one piece of evidence but you can't. Just gas lighting people.

And again ONE PIECE OF EVIDENCE

Haha. "Fancy words". The fact that you consider anything I said "fancy words" just reaffirms my statement in the most poetic way.

Watch out, I might say a four digit number next to look more clever.

But rest assured, I have no interest in watching you retort in the muck any longer. I returned to WoW for Dragonflight and thought to check this site for its nostalgia value. Sadly, that's the only value it had, and it's time to shelve it forever. Whoever is in charge can be proud of themselves for letting it degenerate to, in a nutshell, this thread.
    im not interested in your life story pal, i was just pointing out what a toxic poster you are. but then again i wasnt expecting any reflection from you but do try it sometime, it could do wonders for that lovely personality of yours. cheers
    There is a void in my heart. Have you come to fill it?

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    All I'm asking is for you provide me one piece of evidence but you can't. Just gas lighting people.

And again ONE PIECE OF EVIDENCE
    You seem to think that we are in a court of law, where concrete evidence is the only solution.
    Well, allow me to be the first one to blow your mind.
    In the world outside of law and order, there is something called logic and deduction. One may use said logic along with past behaviors of a certain topic to deduct a very likely scenario which will 99% of the time be correct.
    If you allow your pea brain to accept this as a valid arguments you would be surprised how many times this proves to be the actual fact.
    Now I know fully well you won't accept this because you already think you are more intelligent than others, but I can assure you, you are not.

Quote Originally Posted by BasilTheRat View Post
    You seem to think that we are in a court of law, where concrete evidence is the only solution.
    Well, allow me to be the first one to blow your mind.
    In the world outside of law and order, there is something called logic and deduction. One may use said logic along with past behaviors of a certain topic to deduct a very likely scenario which will 99% of the time be correct.
    If you allow your pea brain to accept this as a valid arguments you would be surprised how many times this proves to be the actual fact.
    Now I know fully well you won't accept this because you already think you are more intelligent than others, but I can assure you, you are not.
    Wow talk about gaslighting to the extreme. I never claimed any of that you're implying. All you want is for people to agree with you and make you feel good about yourself and think you're right. You have nothing and your entire claim that he's paid to do this is based on speculation without and evidence or proof. You just don't like him at all and that's fine not everyone will I don't either. When you're challenged to backup your claim you scurry away and just go on the offensive and insult people.

You have nothing and your speculation is absurd. I am giving you the option to prove me wrong and you can't even do that. Just keep failing. All I ask is one sentence, a picture, statement I don't care and if you're able to do that i'll admit I am wrong. But you seem to really be a professional in deflecting.
    Last edited by AlmightyGerkin; 2023-01-17 at 08:05 PM.

Blizzard's self interest is to understand their customers so they can make a good product that pleases them. So while the CMs work for Blizzard, it's not an adversarial relationship like a court is. They want to please as many people as possible with their game so they keep making money from it.
    You are really naive. Why do you think workers join into unions? Because your interest sometimes does not align with your boss's interest. Same thing here: the players problem sometimes doesn't align with the devs intentions. And the devs are proud. (See, I watched the video!)
    Community managers have no power to fight for the players. Blizzard can just disregard the feedback. There's zero transparency about the work of the CMs. Do I have to introduce you to BfA azerite armor, and Shadowlands conduits etc? Legion legiondaries? Hello?! Good morning!

But we used to have preach for example who voiced the concerns about the azerite armors, about torghast. If you were "just a player" who didn't read the beta forums all day, or played the beta yourself and actually cared to test it and voice an opinion about it, then you were in the dark.
    Why do you think you don't hear much uproar about stuff when the game is in beta stage? Because the "Brah, I will tell you my opinion when I actually get to play it!"(which is too late. ) people, or because the simply don't care/ignorant people. The uproar starts 1-2 months after the release.
    Most people don't spoil themselves with beta stuff.
    We need critical and devoted players who can channel the community's problems into a force. For all I care it could be a speaking goat who does this, but we need someone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Foulfrost View Post
    I can't understand what is to like about the soup event for example, from a gameplay perspective. It's well liked I'm sure, because it's zero effort for an easy reward. A cheap dopamine kick from rolling the dice on whatever loot it gives you. Manipulative and empty but not good gameplay. Emblematic for modern WoW, really.
    I'm not doing it for the reward, I'm not doing it for the rep, I think I can't even get an upgrade from it anymore (the last 3 were ilevel 376 stuff). I think it's fun. It's silly.
    It's so silly, the banter while you are doing it is crazy. Like how people put poor Taivan into the soup. Or silly toys. It's refreshing. Yeah, sure, it's not the same when you're doing it for the 20th time.
    I wonder when did the players become so focused on only the loot aspect of the game even in open world that they completely forgot how to have some fun. :/ I blame Legion world quests and m+-es. #changemymind
    Last edited by Lei; 2023-01-18 at 05:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Wow talk about gaslighting to the extreme. I never claimed any of that you're implying. All you want is for people to agree with you and make you feel good about yourself and think you're right. You have nothing and your entire claim that he's paid to do this is based on speculation without and evidence or proof. You just don't like him at all and that's fine not everyone will I don't either. When you're challenged to backup your claim you scurry away and just go on the offensive and insult people.

You have nothing and your speculation is absurd. I am giving you the option to prove me wrong and you can't even do that. Just keep failing. All I ask is one sentence, a picture, statement I don't care and if you're able to do that i'll admit I am wrong. But you seem to really be a professional in deflecting.
    You like the term gaslighting it seems, you probably use it a lot to justify people arguing with you as you come across like someone who likes to argue.
    You need to look up the definition, I am not distorting any reality, I am stating facts. Now just because you don't like what is being said doesnt make it untrue.
    None of my posts are on the offensive, if you find them attacking then that further explains your obsession with people gaslighting you.