FOOOOOOD Megathread

Food is fun

Let's have a food thread.

What are you eating? What kind of food do you love? Any good food deals you know of? If it's food related, post it.

Last edited by fwc577; 2023-01-18 at 02:54 PM.

I eat food that takes me little time to cook.

Breakfast: a bowl of oatmeal. Takes 4 minutes to cook. I sometimes make pancakes but it takes 40 minutes so I do it rarely.

Lunch: toss a TV dinner into the microwave. Takes 1 minute of effort to open the box and stir the food and cut the meat.

Dinner: pour a can of soap into a bowl and eat it up in the microwave. Takes 30 seconds of effort.

Snack: 4 slices of raisin bread toast with some butter spread on top.

Drink: pineapple juice, or guava juice, or orange juice, or just plain water.

I sometimes eat other stuff like salads or pasta salad or meatloaf, etc, but that's my general daily diet. I don't order grubhub and very rarely go out to eat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    What do food do you love?
    Pancakes/waffles, Chinese food (noodles and tangerine chicken), and taco salads are my favorite.

Corn dogs. I love corn dogs so damn much I order them at fast food restaurants. I also always have a large box of 'em ready to be put in the oven.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotmail View Post
    Corn dogs. I love corn dogs so damn much I order them at fast food restaurants. I also always have a large box of 'em ready to be put in the oven.
    In the MidWest, we have a chain of restaraunts called Kwik Trip. They've had a NEW product recently which is Jalapeno and Cheese Corndogs. They are so amazing.

It's like Jalapeno Cornbread with Cheddar Cheese but you get the benefit of ALSO getting a hotdog with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Lately I've had two things that I've been absolutely addicted to like crack.

Dominos Cheesy Marinara Dip w/ Garlic Twists.

Also this:

I don't know what sort of Black Magic Fuckery they're using but that chicken comes out perfectly tender and never overcooked every time. The rice is also cooked perfectly. Most likely, having this and some garlic naan for lunch today because I need some time to recuperate after stuffing my face with Dominos for lunch yesterday.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    I often joke that I could be vegetarian if it wasn't for buffalo wings.

I love a good steak, but I can live without it. I love a good burger (especially a bison burger), but I can live without it.

Outside of really bad wings ... like a certain chain restaurant has ... I will never turn down wings.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I just had McDonald's breakfast, AKA the best thing McDonald's serves. In this case, I had a sausage egg and cheese McGriddle (with the round eggs, not the folded egg), a hashbrown, and a drink.

It doesn't hurt that breakfast is my favorite type of meal, and I can eat it any time of the day, all day.

EDIT: @fwc577 Those garlic twists with the cheesy marinara are addictive, but I burned myself out on them. I ate them waaaay too often.

Quote Originally Posted by fwc577 View Post
    Food is fun

Let's have a food thread.

What are you eating? What kind of food do you love? Any good food deals you know of? If it's food related, post it.

I made a nice curry-ish dish yesterday.
    Tamarind paste, plenty of spices, fresh garlic and ginger, diced sweet potato, chicken breast, paprika, tomatoes green bean-ish... sugar snap-ish things? No idea what they're called.

Anyway it was so good.

Best food i ever had has to be spit-roasted wine basted swine in the Italian mountains somewhere in the middle of it. God that shit was divine.

As to good deals: Michelin star restaurants are almost always terrific, but the best are the ones still trying to get on that level. Less stuffy, less costly and often far more creative (though that can backfire too; liver-and-coffee? No thanks).
    Last edited by loras; 2023-01-19 at 02:29 PM.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

I'll close the office in an hour, go home and make some scrambled eggs.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    I just had McDonald's breakfast, AKA the best thing McDonald's serves. In this case, I had a sausage egg and cheese McGriddle (with the round eggs, not the folded egg), a hashbrown, and a drink.

It doesn't hurt that breakfast is my favorite type of meal, and I can eat it any time of the day, all day.

EDIT: @fwc577 Those garlic twists with the cheesy marinara are addictive, but I burned myself out on them. I ate them waaaay too often.
    I'm a little upset because they sent me the three cheese dip today and it isn't even remotely as good as the cheesy marinara.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    I often joke that I could be vegetarian if it wasn't for buffalo wings.

I love a good steak, but I can live without it. I love a good burger (especially a bison burger), but I can live without it.

Outside of really bad wings ... like a certain chain restaurant has ... I will never turn down wings.
    Bison is great, especially if you can find someone who knows how to cook it properly. Same goes with Ostrich.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm on keto and have been wishing for some fried rice - wouldn't call it a craving, just kinda missing it.
    So I picked up a packet of that konjac rice - it's "rice" made from, like, 5% konjac flour and water - after reading on reddit how people use it.

Rinsed it because it smells like paint. Just fried it for a few minutes to toughen it up, then did a simple seasoning - coconut aminos, Maggi seasoning sauce, all purpose seasoning and sesame seeds. Didn't go full fried rice incase I didn't like it.

Verdict? Not that bad. Tastes like nothing, takes on the flavouring well, so it's just the texture I had to get used to which wasn't that hard.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well today i had some fishsticks:
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I live pizza Minnesota Style my favorite specifically Red Savoy.

I love BBQ 19th hole over on Cedar in South Minneapolis.

But because I have a family history of high blood pressure the wife put me on a diet so I’ll not be eating any of that stuff.

Trying to explore a but more with different foods low salt and trying to kick sugars.

So I like gyros, salads, burgers, steak, steamed veggies.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I eat food that takes me little time to cook.

Breakfast: a bowl of oatmeal. Takes 4 minutes to cook. I sometimes make pancakes but it takes 40 minutes so I do it rarely.

Lunch: toss a TV dinner into the microwave. Takes 1 minute of effort to open the box and stir the food and cut the meat.

Dinner: pour a can of soap into a bowl and eat it up in the . Takes 30 seconds of effort.

Snack: 4 slices of raisin bread toast with some butter spread on top.

Drink: pineapple juice, or guava juice, or orange juice, or just plain water.

I sometimes eat other stuff like salads or pasta salad or meatloaf, etc, but that's my general daily diet. I don't order grubhub and very rarely go out to eat.

- - - Updated - - -

Pancakes/waffles, Chinese food (noodles and tangerine chicken), and taco salads are my favorite.
    it's important to keep in mind that consuming a variety of nutrient-rich foods is essential for maintaining a healthy and balanced diet.

While oatmeal is a good breakfast option, you might consider incorporating other whole grain cereals, such as quinoa or brown rice. TV dinners and canned soup may not always provide enough nutrients, so you could try making your own meals in larger batches and storing them for later use.

10+ Year Old Account
    I adore simple flavoured "rice" dishes; risottos, paellas, couscous (not rice but its a similar concept).
    And I cannot go past a good fried rice. We've been ordering take out from a Chinese resteraunt locally since I can remember; but in the past few years since trying another local one, I discovered I like their fried rice so much more. The rice from the old one is more subtle in flavour so it acts more like a side to other dishes, while the rice from the new place is much more flavourful and can stand on its own - tbh I just order a container of that for dinner when its just me for the night and I'm set. They also have a solid chicken Singapore noodles (rice vermicelli, that nice tender chicken they procure, nice and flavourful... flavour which somehow coated the noodles but they aren't wet).

ATM for snacking I'm hooked on simple salted tortilla strips/chips. Since I've tried them I honestly can't go back to normal corn chips.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.