WoW Hotfixes - January 17, 2023

WoW Hotfixes - January 17, 2023
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Dungeons and Raids

• Vault of the Incarnates
      • Fixed an issue where the damage zone visual for Stonebreaking Leap from Quarry Stonebreakers sometimes did not match the actual damage location.
    • Mythic+
      • Algeth’ar Academy
        • Overgrown Ancient
          • Explosive Affix - Hungry Lashers no longer spawn Explosive Orbs.
      • Azure Vaults
        • Arcane Fury's Piercing Shards impact damage reduced by 30%.
        • Unstable Curator's Forbidden Knowledge cooldown increased.
        • Arcane Construct health reduced by 25%.
        • Crystal Thrasher no longer use Splintering Shards.
        • Nullmagic Hornswog health reduced by 15%.
        • Telash Greywing
          • Telash Greywing health reduced by 10%
          • Vault Rune reduces all damage taken by 60% (was 50%).
        • Umbrelskul
          • Umbrelskul's health reduced by 15%.
          • Oppressive Miasma now reduces movement speed by 6% per stack (was 7%).
      • Ruby Life Pools
        • Reduced the damage of Primalist Cindweaever's Cinderbolt by 50%.
        • educed the periodic damage of Thunderhead's Rolling Thunder by 30%.
        • Reduced the damage of Flamegullet's Molten Blood by 25%.
        • Reduced the periodic damage of Blazebound Destroyer's Inferno by 25%.
        • Melidrussa Chillworn
          • Explosive Affix - Infused Whelps no longer spawn Explosive Orbs.
        • Kokia Blazehoof
          • Increased the cast time of Blazebound Firestorm's Roaring Blaze to 3 seconds (was 2 seconds).
        • Kyrakka and Erkhart Stormvein
          • Reduced the periodic damage of Kyrakka's Inferno Core by 20%.
          • Reduced the damage of Erkhart Stormvein's Interrupting Cloudburst by 30%.

Quests

• Lunar Festival now starts on 1/24 to allow for new Elders to search out on the Dragon Isles.

Wrath of the Lich King Classic

• Azjol-Nerub
      • Krik'thir the Gatewatcher
        • Skittering Swarmers and Skittering Infectors can no longer cause additional web wraps when completing the Heroic version of this encounter with Defense Protocol Alpha active.

While the nerfs are good to read because they'll make M+ runs less insane, I do kind of... regret that how they designed their game necessitates these tweaks. If there was no timer making everybody into "Gotta-go-fast"-Gary, most of these wouldn't be problems. It's because people are playing recklessly and hastily that they trip over mechanics, pulls adds and rush ahead. Difficulty is a challenge, and strong mobs are part of that, it's why we have CC and marks. But nobody uses those because it all takes too long. Gotta pull all, gotta pull fast. Go go go, or the key depletes. And they they come in and slap a nerf on it all. Sadge.

Quote Originally Posted by Foulfrost View Post
    While the nerfs are good to read because they'll make M+ runs less insane, I do kind of... regret that how they designed their game necessitates these tweaks. If there was no timer making everybody into "Gotta-go-fast"-Gary, most of these wouldn't be problems. It's because people are playing recklessly and hastily that they trip over mechanics, pulls adds and rush ahead. Difficulty is a challenge, and strong mobs are part of that, it's why we have CC and marks. But nobody uses those because it all takes too long. Gotta pull all, gotta pull fast. Go go go, or the key depletes. And they they come in and slap a nerf on it all. Sadge.
    Thats what M+ is though, you play faster, make decisions on the go and are rewarded for it. With practise things go better for you. Removing the timer would essentially kill the feature completely unless they made dungeons so incredibly hard that everyone would spend 10 minutes just killing each pack of mobs. Its better having a timer then not having one.

Do like the nerfs and still hope for some time added to Azure Vaults as it seems you screw up one step and the key is done where as Shadowmoon Burial Grounds you can rp walk to Ner'zhul and still 2 chest it on 17 (exaggerating) get the point. Only thing you can't account for nerfs in Ruby Life Pools is people's stupidity.

I'm a bit afraid of the new m+ cycling now.

Even after these (welcome) changes m+ dungeons are overall still not balanced, and with season 2 this will probably just happen all over again.

What I find weird about it as a data nerd myself is that they didn't make timer changes yet, there is no way they don't have information on this and how often stuff like AV and HoV are overtime compared to all the others, hell TotJ last trash pack might be stupid on fort. weeks but at least there is no issue wiping to it once or twice and still beating the timer.

Also I'd want them to take a look at caster satisfaction especially in DF dungeons, melee meat grinder meta is there for a reason...
    Last edited by Caprias; 2023-01-18 at 08:08 AM.

Half the nerfs are to bosses - how would CC help you there? Others are to not thinking the affix explosive on a couple bosses. CC would still not help you there. The mobs in Ruby that were nerfed deal that amount of damage by themsves alone - again, how would CC help you there... my guess is you don't do dungeons / don't know dungeon mechanics and have no clue what the nerfs entail.

Quote Originally Posted by Caprias View Post
    I'm a bit afraid of the new m+ cycling now.

Even after these (welcome) changes m+ dungeons are overall still not balanced, and with season 2 this will probably just happen all over again.

What I find weird about it as a data nerd myself is that they didn't make timer changes yet, there is no way they don't have information on this and how often stuff like AV and HoV are overtime compared to all the others, hell TotJ last trash pack might be stupid on fort. weeks but at least there is no issue wiping to it once or twice and still beating the timer.

Also I'd want them to take a look at caster satisfaction especially in DF dungeons, melee meat grinder meta is there for a reason...
    Season 2 is gonna be a bigger shitshow than Season 1.

Halls of Infusion is incredibly difficult, Brackenhide will be incredibly annoying. Neltharus might be a hard one. Uldaman seems alright until the part after the time freezes, because those debuffs hit incredibly hard.

most of these wouldn't be problems. It's because people are playing recklessly and hastily that they trip over mechanics
    Ah yeah, timer makes some mechanics just straight up oneshot people, that's why no one wipes when timer is over and key is depleto - everyone starts playing perfect and mechanics don't do damage.

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    Ah yeah, timer makes some mechanics just straight up oneshot people, that's why no one wipes when timer is over and key is depleto - everyone starts playing perfect and mechanics don't do damage.
    Your sarcasm is noted. But I raise you the fact that unless specifically going for completion in a high key, people in pugs will just leave if the key is going poorly. Don't need to fo mechanics if you leave.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    Do like the nerfs and still hope for some time added to Azure Vaults as it seems you screw up one step and the key is done where as Shadowmoon Burial Grounds you can rp walk to Ner'zhul and still 2 chest it on 17 (exaggerating) get the point. Only thing you can't account for nerfs in Ruby Life Pools is people's stupidity.
    I think this speaks mostly to SBG being severely out of balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Argorwal View Post
    I think this speaks mostly to SBG being severely out of balance.
    Made it a cakewalk and if if Blizzard tried to bring SBG into same balance like the rest of M+ dungeons, there would be an outcry of it.

Made it a cakewalk and if if Blizzard tried to bring SBG into same balance like the rest of M+ dungeons, there would be an outcry of it.
    They already did with the changes to the final boss last week. It's no longer a free key on Tyr.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    They already did with the changes to the final boss last week. It's no longer a free key on Tyr.
    What changes did they make?

What changes did they make?
    For the first few weeks the purple shit behind the skellies didn't scale properly so the play was to focus the boss, ignore the wall completely then let the healer heal through the DoT it put on you for hitting it. They buffed the everliving fuck out of that DoT and now it's pretty much an instant kill if you clip it even a bit. The hit box for the skeleton wall is also ridiculous and you can sometimes get the debuff despite being nowhere near the wall.

rlp wasnt even hard... did it as my first +16... ppl just need to use their spells and CC.

Good to see this place is just as quick to judge as the wow forums. And just as dumb.